Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Wolf ❯ Chapter 2 - Departure ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own DBZ or any of its characters

Lone Wolf

Thanks to Goleta for helping on this chapter

Chapter 2 - Departure

Yamcha spent the entire night walking in the park. He couldn't get his mind off Mai. He was glad about this though. He had spent way too much time thinking about what happened with Bulma and it wasn't having a positive effect on him. All in all it would make him depressed every time he would think about the blue haired woman. Now things were different and when he thought about Mai, it would give him a new energy. One that really gave him a new confidence about himself. He only was afraid that he would make the same mistakes as he made with Bulma and lose her in the same way.

The next morning, he got up and went down to eat breakfast. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a box of cereals and poured them into a bowl. As he sat down and started to eat Kami walked into the room and sat down right across him.

Yamcha smiled at the guardian and said, "Well good morning, what are you up today, Kami?"

"Well, Yamcha I need you to go and bring this to someone. Here, the person is going to do me a favor," Kami said.

"Ok, so where do I go and who do I pick up. I must say this is unlike you to get help from someone else," Yamcha said.

"It has to do with the androids, this person is working on finding the exact location of their hideout. I can't find it so I hired this person to find the location. I wanted to get an update on the person's success," Kami said.

"Well, I know how strong these androids are and if this person can help us beat them before they get activated then that would be great. Then maybe we can really change the future to a better one," Yamcha said smiling.

"Yeah, here is the location. The place you need to go to is in North City," Kami said handing Yamcha a slice of paper.

Yamcha left right after finishing his breakfast. He hoped that the person would be at home because he forgot to ask Kami what he or she looked like. It only took him 20 minutes to fly to North City and found his way to the address. It was a casual one which looked like it was only made for one or two people. Yamcha knocked on the door and waited for the person to open. When the door opened Yamcha was in for a surprise and saw the person was none other than Mai.

"Oh, hi Yamcha how did you find out where I lived. Wait never mind, let me guess, Kami sent you for me right?" Mai said smiling.

"Yep, sure did, what are you doing working for Kami," Yamcha said.

"Well, you see, I happen to be a really good spy, Kami seems to agree with me and he wants me to find where Gero is hiding out," Mai said.

"Ok, so are you ready to go," Yamcha said.

"Yeah, I guess so but I must tell you I have never flown, being carried by a person before and so," Mai said.

Yamcha smiled at her and said, "Well, no problem, you'll love it. It's a lot of fun, now lets go, you'll see."

Yamcha moved closer to Mai and put his hands around her waist and took off. As Yamcha flew back to the Lookout, he couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful Mai was. He was also hoping that he wasn't doing anything to make her mad at him.

When they got to the Lookout he sat Mai down, looking at her curiously and said, "Well, did you like flying with me?"

Mai smiled and said, "Sure did, you were right about flying. It's so great and getting to have a man like you to fly with is a big bonus."

Yamcha face went red at this comment and he said, "Well, thank you, I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Maybe I can show you how to fly some time."

"Sure that would be great, I could get a lot faster to places if I could fly," Mai said smiling.

"Oh Mai, it's good to see you got here safely, will you join me?" Kami said.

"Sure thing, I'll see you later Yamcha," Mai said walking off with Kami.

Yamcha walked away and started doing some basic training on the Lookout. He started to worry if he wasn't too nervous around this girl. He felt great around her but he couldn't tell her that. He had just met her and to be honest his fear of girls was creeping up again. He was kinda scared to ask her out and he was kinda surprised to think that he ever had a normal conversation with her. Mai came out onto the Lookout with Kami two hours later.

"Hey Mai, so what did you find out about the androids," Yamcha said looking at Mai.

"Well nothing yet but I did hear a rumor that Gero has been working on them for a long time and that people have seen some odd looking things in the northern mountains. I think they may be somewhere up there but I'm not sure. I also have people giving reports from other places but all the ones I've checked out so far have been false," Mai said, "Well you smell Yamcha, you'd better get a shower if you want to take me home."

"Sure thing, I'll be back in a sec," Yamcha said.

"So how do you feel about Yamcha," Kami said.

"Well I like him a lot. When I saw him a couple of days ago, I could see that he was a special person. I just hope I can get trough his defense," Mai said.

"Yeah, Yamcha isn't that good when it comes down to women," Kami said.

"Well, I read he's naturally afraid of women, is that true?" Mai asked.

"Yeah, he sure is, he has been that way for as long as I know him," Kami said.

Just a little bit later Yamcha came out wearing a white shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Okay Mai, are you ready to g?," Yamcha asked.

"Yep, sure am," Mai said.

Yamcha picked up Mai and took her home. When he got there he put her down at the door and got ready to go.

"Well I guess I'll see you another time," Yamcha said, "Unless you want to go get something to eat tonight."

Mai smiled and said, "Yeah sure, I would love that."

Yamcha smiled and said, "Wow, okay, I know this great place in town that I visited when I used to play baseball."

"Okay, sounds good to me, lead on," Mai said.

Yamcha called a cab and they went off to the restaurant. Yamcha was really surprised for two reasons. One: when he eventually asked Mai out, it wasn't as hard as he figured it would be. And two: she said yes to his question. When they got to the restaurant, the person at the desk figured out who Yamcha was and gave him the best table in the place. Then they ordered a nice average size meal.

"So, what is it like to be famous Yamcha," Mai said.

"Well, it's not that great really. All the fans kinda get annoying but they're good people. They just want to see me a lot and that gets old quick," Yamcha said, "I have to say I hope you're successful with your job. I'm afraid what will happen if things don't change."

"I'm sure that you and your friend Goku can handle them," Mai said.

"I hope so but it still worries me. I don't know if you heard what we were told about the future but I don't know if I can change it," Yamcha said.

"Well, I think you can. I think that our destiny has not been written in stone. I think we all determine our own future," Mai said.

The rest of the dinner went well and after dinner Yamcha took Mai home and said goodbye to her. She smiled at him and kissed him as he left. The next two months went by slowly, he didn't see Mai because she was working on finding the androids but a month later Yamcha picked her up and brought her to the Lookout again.

Kami went up to her and said, "Any luck Mai?"

"No, I know they're in the northern mountains but I'm not sure exactly where. There are 6 more places they could be in. If I only had some more time," Mai said.

"Yeah, but they're going to be here later today but I must thank you for helping us. Maybe it will prove helpful," Kami said.

"Well, I guess I better get going. I'm going to Ginger Town to meet this new threat. I'll see you later Mai," Yamcha said.

Mai kissed Yamcha and backed off, "You better be careful, you know how dangerous these things are."

Yamcha smiled and kissed Mai back and said, "Yeah, but you also know how dangerous I can be."

Yamcha then flew off into the sunset and Mai turned to Kami smiling and said, "Well, I think I may have gotten trough to that guy. I just hope I don't lose him now."

Kami smiled and said, "Well, Yamcha is stronger than ever. I'm sure he'll be able to take care of himself."