Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Wolf ❯ Chapter 5 - Vision ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own DBZ or any of its characters

Lone Wolf


Chapter 5 - Vision

Yamcha opened his eyes and all he saw was darkness surrounding him. This wasn't earth but he didn't think he would be there either; it also wasn't the otherworld. He would know if it was because he had been there before. To be honest Yamcha didn't know where he was at this moment. Yamcha looked out into the distance and saw a short muscular man with white hair and a big mustache on his face. He was the only other thing Yamcha could see.

The old man walked up to Yamcha and looked at him and said, "Hello, I'm sure you don't know me but you see, I was the man who trained your teacher and therefore have the same fighting style as me, my name is Mutaito."

Yamcha looked at him surprised still wondering where he was and then said, "Well, nice to meet you but I was wondering if you know anything about where we are. I mean this doesn't look like the otherworld to me."

Mutaito smirked at the comment from Yamcha and then said, "True, it doesn't look like the otherworld because it isn't the otherworld. In fact you're not quite dead yet and I'm just a part of your imagination. The rest of what you see is the future and I was chosen to show you it because of our connection through our fighting styles."

Yamcha was even more confused about why there was nothing around, and said, "So why is everything gone and all."

"Well, let's go back and see where it all started," Mutaito said waving his hand.

Yamcha looked around, he was in a place that he had never seen before and there was a man who kinda looked like him holding a dark haired girl who had just been shot. There was also a baby in the woman's hands who ran away from the man, afraid, the man then turned and didn't try to catch the boy. Yamcha knew this image from his worst nightmares, he always wondered if the boy was him. He then saw an image of the desert and a small boy around the age of 10 by an oasis looking at the water as an old sword drifted up to him. He also saw a small little blue cat lying near a tree looking very hungry. Yamcha remembered this as the moment he met Puar and also the moment he would become the desert bandit. Yamcha then watched other moments in his life pass from when he met Bulma to when he battled the androids. Then he saw a green creature appear out of nowhere. This creature battled one of the androids and then blew him up, absorbed one of the other androids and then transformed. He then saw a battle between the creature and Vegeta. The battle was intense and it looked like Vegeta would win the fight, but at the last moment the creature used a solar flare to get away and absorb the woman android. After this he saw his friends try to fight the creature one on one and all of them failed and died at his hands. Then the creature blew up the planet and there was the darkness.

"So, this is the future, I guess that things can't be changed can they?" Yamcha said.

"No, this is the future if things remain unchanged but things can change, you can help your friends and maybe with your help, they can win this battle," Mutaito said.

"I'm not strong enough to beat that thing so what good will I do," Yamcha said.

Mutaito smiled and said, "Well, simple, I have a technique to show you. If you will master it, you may be able to win the fight."

"You mean there is a move that you didn't even teach Roshi," Yamcha said.

"Right, Roshi was a good student but he could never focus long enough to learn this. Watch carefully cause I only have time to show you this once," Mutaito said," First you must reach deep within and find out why you fight and then summon up that energy and you will feel your energy rise up to a level you could never have dreamed of. You have already done this once, I always knew this move but I could never pull it off till I died. This is what it looks like."

Mutaito yelled out a deep scream and then his aura floated around him and changed to a silver color and Yamcha could feel his energy jump up really high.

"Well, it's time for you to wake up, remember to learn this move," Mutaito said.

Yamcha opened his eyes to see that he was in a bed on the Lookout, he rose up to see Mai sleeping in a nearby chair. He slowly got out of bed and saw Mai waking up. She then ran over to him and hugged him putting her head against his shoulder crying.

"I'm sorry if I worried you Mai. It was just something I had to do," Yamcha said looking forward.

Mai backed away from him smiled and said, "Just don't ever do that to me again, I don't want to lose you, I love you Yamcha."

Yamcha smiled at her and then kissed her and said, "Same here and I will try not leaving you again."

Mai kissed him back, then turned to the door and said, "Well, I'm sure the others will be glad you're awake, you've been out for almost a week."

Yamcha watched her leave and thought about how great it was to be alive again and how great it was to be loved and he knew he had to master the move Mutaito had shown him.

Yamcha got back into bed, he still felt tired and didn't feel like doing too much at the moment. He was just happy to be alive and to see his loved ones back again, so much that nothing else mattered to him at the moment. Soon all of his old friends came in and surrounded his bed.

"Hey man, you were great out there. I never figured that it would be possible for one of us humans to get that powerful," Krillin said smiling.

"Yeah, I must say you showed that you're a true warrior Yamcha," Tien said smirking at his old pal.

"Mr. Yamcha, thanks for helping my dad and all," Gohan said

"Well, I can tell that you have changed a lot in this short time period. That's for sure," M. Trunks said.

"Yeah, you've become a great fighter now, even stronger than me. I must say Kami always knew this would happen," Piccolo said smirking.

Everyone but Goku left. Goku was watching everyone as they gave their happy comments to Yamcha. Then they all started to leave but Goku then turned to Yamcha and said, "Thanks for watching out after everything, I owe you big time for that. I guess you're Earth's hero now."

"Um Goku, thanks for getting me out of there," Yamcha said figuring Goku had used Instant Transmission to pull him out of the mess.

Goku started to laugh a bit and walked back to where Yamcha was lying and then said, "Sorry, I was out during the whole battle."

Yamcha looked up at Goku with a confused look on his face and said, "Well, do you know who saved me back there, I owe them big. Let me guess, it was either Tien, Krillin or Trunks, right?"

Goku smirked trying not to laugh, "Nope, none of them did it, it was no one else than Vegeta. You see, when Tien, Krillin and Trunks were heading back, they ran into Vegeta who was on his way to the battlefield. When they tried to get him into heading back home by telling him that the enemies were too strong, Vegeta got mad and said that a warrior doesn't leave his friends on the battlefield with no other option than dying. So they went back to the battlefield and when they arrived they found you passed out. The androids were ready to give you the death blow but when they saw the others, they backed off saying that they would have fun with you later. I asked Vegeta about this and he only said one thing. He didn't want you to die with him being still in debt to you."

"Wow, who would have figured that one. Vegeta was the one who helped me out? That's just priceless," Yamcha said laughing with his friend.

"Hey, I heard that, I just helped you because I could use your help in the upcoming battles. You're not bad for a human, I must say," Vegeta walked into the room, "I just came by to tell you when I get out of the Time Chamber I will be the strongest warrior alive again."

"Maybe but we'll just see that, won't we? Don't forget we'll also get our chance to enter the room," Goku said.

Vegeta smirked and said, "Not if I beat Cell before you get your chance Kakkorat."