Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ The Hunt...Gone wrong... ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The wish-granter gritted her teeth as the cold wind picked up. The female doubted that this hunt would be successful, she was lucky that the last had ended the way it did. But this time? No, two successful hunts in the same day were a bit too optimistic, especially in this weather. Why had she agreed to this again? Oh yes, to stop that incessant gnawing in the pit of her stomach, as well as on her ears. The way the blue beast whined you'd think he was starving to death. The prey beneath her lifted its heavily sculpted head, its strange, almost pig-like snout scenting the air for danger as the beady black eyes twinkled in nervous anxiety. This beast should do, its bulk was almost equal to that whining twit's, there would be no way they could devour this swine as they had the deer. Her body tensed, this would be infinitely more complicated than the first hunt. The tusks of this swine looked extremely dangerous, which put in risk of injury to herself.
 
Why they can't catch their own food is beyond me, not only does their stamina far outweigh mine, but they are more powerful! While my dexterity and experience are taken into account the males could undoubtedly have caught this swine in half the time it has taken me to approach even this close. Her mind ran circles around itself as her body prepared for the attack, the adrenaline rushing into her body. The enormous eight-legged pig sniffed the air, its hackles rising on oversized shoulders as it picked up the scent upon the wind. It knew a predator was nearby.
 
In a silent flurry of obsidian leaves the female launched herself at the beast, missing by inches and landing in the snow as it bolted. She did not have time to see the enormous saber-toothed cat which had also been stalking the pig, she was taken by surprise as the cat, nearly the size of the former prey, rushed through the air at her. Purely on instinct Ices braced her muscles and extended her wings as she caught the upper claws of the tigress her own forearms holding the second pair of deadly claws as the pair strained against one another.
 
“Well done.” Congratulated Cell from the shadows where he had been patiently waiting. The strain on the wish-granter's features was plainly evident and she growled an inaudible reply. “I suppose you'll want my assistance?” The android knew she wasn't in immediate danger, and therefore took joy at her pain. She was honestly such an intriguing creature. For all her appearance she was far from human, but had not revealed to him or any of the others, for that matter, her breed. If there was anything Cell enjoyed more than causing pain, it was piecing together interesting mysteries. And Ices was, by far, one of the most entertaining mysteries he had ever been faced with.
 
“Unless you believe I can get myself out of this…stalemate.” The tigress gnashed her jaws downward, and the wish-granter's head flinched back just enough so that the jaws snapped inches from her face. She chanced a glance at the android and felt her blood boil at his arrogant smirk.
 
“I am sure I don't know what to believe, I know nothing about you.” His mind twitched in worry, was the cat actually bearing down upon the female? Ah, there, she's corrected her balance and gained her ground back.
 
“Does this fact not please you?” The effort it took her to speak was almost too much and the cat successfully pressed down upon the female. She knew she would have to take a chance if she wanted this painful stalemate to end.
 
“What do you mean?” A frown was audible in the android's voice. The dragoness considered her words as she pressed her legs to the ground, propelling herself toward the cat and catching it off-balance. As it fell upon its back she brought the talons atop her wings down and slashed the beast cleanly across the chest, eliciting a roar of rage.
 
“From what I have witnessed of you, one called Cell, you enjoy remaining aloof of any situation. I assumed it was the same with intimacies.” Ices leapt away from the tiger as it launched itself at her, staining the snow crimson as the blood from its gushing chest flowed freely.
 
“It is rude to assume.” The android pointed out, not sure weather to be offended, angry or amused.
 
“So it is, I pray forgiveness.” Though her tone was not mocking, nor was it sincere, she was obviously distracted, merely saying the first words that came to mind. While this could prove entertaining, it was clear that the female was loosing her strength. And so, Cell took matters into his own hands, grabbing the cat easily by its thrashing tail and bashing its head against a nearby tree, both knocking the tree down and instantly killing the feline. Ices, still high on adrenaline, couldn't stop the attack that she had started, or rather, Ices didn't feel like stopping a perfectly good assult merely for the fact that another had interfered and now stood in her direct path.
 
And so, Cell was surprised by a particularly nasty uppercut, which did nothing more than fling his head back and bring an angry contort to his features. He snatched her wrist and brought his face close to the females, she pulled back at his warm breath on her features.
 
“You'd better do more than pray.” Growled Cell as his lips crashed over hers.
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Awwww…nothing like violence to bring a couple together…anyhow, remember to review, positive, negative, whatever!