Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Employment? ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Frieza and King Cold, as well as Jaice, Guldo, Burter, and Recoom all doubled over as their strength seemed to pour from their bodies. Immediatley they knew what had transpired. They were mortal. But, why weren't they dead? If the dragoness' life had been taken, why was theirs still intact? The villains exchanged glances before turning toward the direction Goku had gone. They hadn't believed the saijin or his friends had it in them to kill something that had never harmed another living thing.
 
Apparently they had been mistaken.
 
And they weren't the only ones stunned by this development. Cell had also felt the death of the female, but was not as effected by the shift in his mortal status(1). Although the android had hit his knees once the smoke had cleared, it was not because of the pain coursing throughout his chest cavity. Nor was it because of the foreign sensation of being completely vulnerable again. No, what had brought the almighty android to his knees was the very fact that the creature he had come so far with, protected for all this time, had just been wiped off the face of existence.
 
Did this feeling lead him to realize the wrong in his life? Did this feeling allow him to sympathize with all the pitiful humans whom had attempted to attack him in revenge for those they had loved? Hell no. The only thing these feelings, these emotions, did was enrage the creation to a point of madness. It hadn't been enough for the brat to take his life, he now had to chase him through his second chance? The half-saijin just had to cause him misery and humiliation at every turn?
 
All at once Cell's rage exploded, and he flashed before Gohan, his fist connecting with the tearful youth's jaw and sending the unprepared half-breed sailing toward the tree-line. So great was the android's grief, that he did not feel the retaliation of the Z fighters.
 
Meanwhile…
 
Ices felt…different.
 
The first thing she noticed when she came into wakefulness was that she had reverted to her draconic form. Her tail twitched slightly and she un-lidded her violet eyes to have King Yemna revealed before her. Gracefully the serpentine dragoness rose to her several pairs of feet, staring up at the giant with an air of curiosity. What was it that was missing? Why did she feel so…alone?
 
Is it because my soul is now its own? No longer tied with the others'? The others?! Where are they? Why have they not followed me to the grave? In response the dragoness swivled her head around, her muscles suddenly tense with anxiety. Confusion swirled in her violet orbs as she gazed pleadingly up to the red giant, who was now engrossed with her considerable resume.
 
“Lets see here…you have broken into Hell, allowed seven of the most hated and deadly villains to escape, and tied their corruption to your already decaying soul.” The giant flipped the page. “And yet you have done nothing that goes against the Laws of Judgment.” He seemed perplexed before flipping yet another page in the considerable pack, his features brightened momentarily before crinkling once again. “Oh, this gets so complicated, I told them not to kill you. I don't know where to put an innocent immortal with a corrupted soul…but this does say `not to be allowed into heaven,' and even has the signatures of the majority of the Kais.” Heaving a sigh King Yemna picked up the stack and shuffled through it, the muscles in his hands standing out with the strain of lifting the amount of paper.
 
And yet it was nothing compared to the pile I had when Piccolo was killed and the Eternal Dragon ended up on my platform. The giant shook himself inwardly, ridding himself of the image of being buried alive by the papers of Shenron's life.
 
“I can't very well go against the orders of the kai and send you to heaven, and yet you have done nothing to warrant going to Hell.” King Yemna wrinkled his nose in thought before turning his eyes upon the female once more.
 
“I don't suppose you'd want a job?”
 
 
 
Remember, Cell is an android and was therefore immortal, with or without the bonding to his soul. At least, he was immortal in the sense that time would not corrode his body. Why did he let the dragoness tie him, then, you ask? Because he wanted to. Plain and simple.
 
Author's Note:
 
I know this chapter could have come out better. Its way too short, even for my tastes. But there's nothing I can do, in order to keep my reputation of updating daily this chapter has to come up.