Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only You ❯ Only You ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Only You- Chapter 9: Secrets and Arrangments

"He's so sweet to do this for me. I just hope no one catches him in there"

Then suddenly Videl remembered something.

"Ahhh!!! OH NO!"

Videl was panicing a bit.

"I hope he doesn't look under my bed!!! He'll see all the photo's and pictures i've got of him...and...and...and all those stories I wrote based on me and him!" Videl said blushing.

She started walking around in circles, fiddling with her fingers and tugging on her hair with sweatdrops trickling down her face, panicing.

"And all those school photo's I have with a heart drawn around him and all those poems and when I wrote all the things I thought about him ahhh!!!" Videl said, paicing even more.

"So its true!?" a little voice squeeked out from behind her. "I knew it!!! You like my big Bwother!!!" Goten said as Videl turned around to him.

"Ahh...I...uhhh....ummm..I....errrr...."

" You what????"

"Haha don't be silly Goten...I don't like Gohan like that"

"Oh so you think i'm stupid huh?"

"I didn't say that!"

"Its ok Videl, i think he likes you too" he said

"He...he does????"

"Sure"

Videl just blushed at the thought but then realised that Goten was probably just trying to calm her down a bit.

Meanwhile...

Gohan spotted Videl's mansion and floated above it, looking around to make sure that no one was there.

He then flew around the building but dodged the windows so nobody inside saw him fly past.

"Ahh...there it is" Gohan said to himself as he saw Videl's window, luckily still open from the day before.

Gohan quietly sneaked through, looking around to make sure no one was in there.

He walked to her wardrobe and looked inside. Gohan picked out some of Videl's clothes and layed then in a neat pile on her bed.

He then accidently kicked something that was sticking out from underneath her bed. He looked down to see a big purple box.

"Oh dear, I hope I didn't break anything, i'd better look inside to make sure"

Gohan picked up the box and layed it on Videl's big bed.

He lifted off the top and as he did a picture of him floated in the air and landed on the floor, like a leaf falling off a tree.

Gohan picked up the picture and as he looked at it, his eye's widened and cheeks went red.

On the photo was a quite close up picture of him with 'Gohan, the dreamiest guy ever!!!' written on the side in pink ink and it was Videl's hand writting.

"Oops umm...I don't think I was supposed to see that!" said Gohan as he walked towards the box.

Then, in the box Gohan noticed some more pictures with little notes written on them. He picked up the first one, which was a school photo of the class and a red heart drawn around his face. Then he picked up the next one, which was Gohan and Videl standing next to eachother when they went out for the day to town with Eliza and Sharpener. The picture only had Gohan and Videl on though. Next to it was written in red ' G & V 4ever! Pssh yea right, I wish...I really wish!' Gohan blushed a bit more.

"Wow...she really does like me...its almost like she's made her own shrine of me!" Gohan said to himself.

"I think i'll keep that one...might come in usefull" he said as he carefully slid it into his pocket.

As Gohan rumaged through all the pictures, he came to a pile of paper with writing on it, Videl's writting.

"Hmmm...I wonder what this is..." he said as he picked it up.

He read a bit and soon realised it was a love story, based on them. The story was called...'To be or not to be' and Gohan read the whole thing, his cheeks getting redder and redder every paragraph.

Meanwhile...

Videl and Chi-chi were sitting down at the kitchen table, having a chat, while breakfast was cooking.

"So Videl...who's your best friend? As in school friend?" Chi-chi asked, curiously.

"Well...the only real friend i've got is Gohan"

"Oh, so you two are pretty close then?"

"Oh yeah, we tell eachother everything. I really love Gohan's company"

Chi-chi smiled a bit, thinking Gohan's doing well so far...it shouldn't be too long before they're together.

"Yeah...Gohan's the only one that seems to understand me, and he's always there when i need help or i'm in some kind of trouble, he always helps me out. I just wish I could do something in return" Videl said, with a small frown on her face.

"Well actually…there is someth.." Chi-chi was cut off by Goten walking in with a GIANT fish he caught down the lake.

"Here mommy, i bwought a pwesent home for you"

"Oh thats lovely dear, thank-you"

Videl stared at Goten in amazment.

"You..you caught that fish? All by YOURSELF!!!??????" She said leaning right towards him, moving closer and closer till she got an answer.

"Yeah...can't everyone?"

At this point Videl was right up to his face, with the amazed and disbelieving look on her face. She stared at his face, looking for any signs of lying.

"You did catch it all by yourself???" she asked again.

"Yes!!! Can't you!??"

Videl looked back at the fish, flip flopping around.

"Uhhh.......I...dunno...maybe" she lied.

"Well then maybe you and Gohan can go fishing tonight then Videl" said Chi-chi.

"Yea..tonight, the best time is when its dark and the fish like a stary night" she said.

"She must think i'm so stupid, but...I know whats she's getting at" Videl thought.

"Ummm...yea...sure ok, it should be fun I guess" Videl said.

"Great, i'll tell Gohan when he gets back"

"Hey mommy! Gohan's coming home! I can feel his ki!" said Goten.

"Ki????"

"Yea...he's so strong, you can feel it 1000 miles away ^.^"

"W...whats ki??????" said Videl, confussed.

Videl turned to Chi-chi, expecting an answer.

"Don't ask me...its all this Saiyan stuff" she said, open mindly.

"SAIYAN!!???????" Now Videl was a lot more confused.

"Errrrh...do you guys talk a different language or something!???? What the hell is ki and saiyan????" Said Videl, confused.

"Ohh...ummm...I...uhh...ask Gohan!" said Chi-chi, putting all the pressure on Gohan.

"Yea...ask Gohan! He's a demi saiyan anyway, so am I!" said Goten with an inosent look.

"WHA...??? How can you be a saiyan, I don't even know what it is!"

"Saiyan is a race!..my fath.."

Goten was cut off by Chi-chi covering his mouth.

"Oh don't be silly Goten..Videl just needs to ask Gohan and he'll explain everything to her.. RIGHT!!???" said Chi-chi putting more pressure on her grip of Gotens mouth and head.

"Mmmm...Mmm!" said Goten, nodding with his cute inosent eye's looking up at her.

Videl stood there as still as anything with her eye's widened with a confused, shocked look on her face, staring at Goten.

"D...d...did you just say....race??????" asked Videl with the look on her face as if she'd just seen a ghost.

"Mm hmm" said Goten as he nodded his head, with most of his face apart from nose and eye's covered by Chi-chi's hand.

"Y...y...you mean...Gohan's not a...human!??????"

"YES YES of course he's human!!!" said Chi-chi.

Videl slowly lifted up her hand, pointing to Goten, still staring at him.

"B...but he just said.."

"Goten makes things sound a lot worse than they are…I mean...its not as if Gohan is an alien!" said Chi-chi.

"I think I need to talk to Gohan" said Videl.

"MMMM HMMM MMMM MMMM!!!!" said Goten, still struggling to talk, pointing up in the sky.

Videl and Chi-chi both looked up to see Gohan flying towards them.

"Hey Gohan" said Videl as he landed.

There was a break of silence while Gohan was looking down. He then looked up to Videl, with a blush in his cheeks.

"Umm…uhh...hi Vi...Videl" said Gohan, trying his best not to blush.

"Hm? are you ok Gohan?" she asked with concern.

"Oh yea...me? I'm just fine...you know me! Heh heh" said Gohan, putting his hand behind his head.

"Umm...yea...thats why I was worried" she said.

"Well...heres your stuff Videl" said Gohan as he slowly passed her the big bag of clothes.

"Thanks Gohan" she said as she slowly walked away, looking inside it.

Videl then turned and looked at Gohan again. She droped the bag and ran right up to him, looking up at him, curiously.

"Gohan can I ask you something?" she asked, right under him, with about 2 inches space between them.

Gohan looked down at her with a worried look on his face, as a couple of sweat drops trickled down the sides of his face "oh no, she isn't gonna ask me is she??? I mean...right here, right now...and its not as if we don't have a few eye's staring at us!" he thought.

"Uhh...yeah sure, ask me anything Videl" he said, slightly regreting his words a couple of seconds after.

"Well first Gohan!..What the hell is a Saiyan!? And whats Ki!? And whats this got to do with your father!? And how comes Goten know's so much about this!? And HOW can Goten, especially at HIS age catch a fish 2 or 3 times the size of him!!!!???" said Videl with a bit of a mad tone in her voice.

"Uhhhhb...b..I...umm...uhhh...I.." said Gohan as he nervously stepped back, looking down at her.

"I bet you've been teaching Goten about this secret or unknown race right?? you never tell me these things...or anyone else! So?? C'mon! What is it!? I hate being left out and ignored!! I thought you knew that Gohan!" said Videl as she crossed her arms, titling her head down with her eyes shut.

Gohan turned to Goten and Chi-chi with an i'm-gonna-kill-you-after-this look on his face.

"Hey Videl, chill, don't worry, I swear i'm not leaving you out and certainly NOT ignoring you ok? I promise i'll tell you later...when the time is right, ok??" Gohan said as he was trying to slip out of that difficult situation.

"Ohhhh ok Gohan, as its you, I can wait" she said as she looked up at him with a couple of sparkles in her eye's and a kawaii smile.

Videl turned back and picked up her bag and walked in the house.

Gohan's eye's shot straight from Videl to Goten who was gasping for air from Chi-chi's grip.

"GOTEN! WHAT exactly did you say to her!!!?? Hm!!?" he said with his eye's angrily narrowed at him.

Chi-chi finally let go of Goten's mouth, as Goten fell to his knee's Gasping for air, out of breath.

When Goten finally got his breath back, he looked up at the now very tall, scary looking Gohan.

"I don't get it Gohan! Videl is so nice and understanding and here you are, keeping secrets from her!! What if you two did fall in love and did get married, would you tell her then??? Or maybe you'll just wait until you have your first kid, just imagine what the look on her face would be if your child had a TAIL!!! hmm!!?" Goten said, in protest.

Gohans eye's faded from narrow to a understanding, listening look, he knew that Goten was right, that Videl had a right to know about his Saiyan blood and powers.

Goten stood up at Gohan.

"Gohan, ok maybe i'm only 7 and maybe i'm nowhere near as smart or powerful as you, but this is common sence, even a toddler could work it out...well maybe an extreamily smart toddler, but you know what I mean!" Goten continued his point.

Gohan gently placed his hand on Goten's sholder, looking down at him as his serious face faded to a greatful smile.

"You're right Goten, your absolutly right, i've been pretty foolish, i just pray that Videl can forgive me for keeping this a secret from her. I just haven't had the right moment to REALLY talk to her alone.." Gohan said in a soft, understanding but worried voice.

Chi-chi walked over to Gohan and interupted.

"Tonight Gohan, just at sun-set you and Videl are going out to catch fish....alone" she said with a smirk.

"Mom..?? Catch FISH! What kind of hook up is that, catching fish...in the dark!?" he said, confused.

"Well Videl went along with it, she didn't think anything about it, i said that the fish are easier to catch at night cus...they like a stary night…heh heh" she said, realising what she arranged.

"Mom, you don't seriously think Videl bought that do you?? She's not stupid you know, she probably worked it out as soon as the words came out your mouth" he said

"Yeah well ANYWAY you can talk to her and who know's...maybe something will develop, in the stary, lonely night eh?" she said as she closed in on him and gently elbowed his side, with a wink.

"Uhh....i guess" "more like i hope"

"Good! Settled then!"

Videl walked out, as she opened the door, a huge cloud of smoke surrounded her as she coughed, drowning in it.

" *cough cough* Chi-chi I...*cough* I think the breakfast is...*cough cough* is...*cough* a little over cooked *cough*" said Videl.

"Ahhh! The food!!!" yelled Chi-chi in panic as she ran in, bravely through the smoke.