Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pale Green Stars ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: Nobody here owns DBZ.

WARNING: A/U fic. I made the characters who I wanted them to be so they're OOC.

Bulma got up bright and early the next morning, ate a big breakfast, and took a long bath. She wanted to be in the best of spirits for the ITC summit today, wanted to make the best impression. As she was getting dressed there was a knock at the door.

"Are you ready to leave?" Bulma was greeted by Aunda's smiling face.

"Yes I am, but first I need your opinion on something, and be honest." She buttoned up her suit jacket. "Is this suit too conservative? I don't want to come across as a skank, but I don't want to seem like an uptight business tycoon." Aunda cocked her head to the side a little bit before unbuttoning Bulma's jacket half way.

"It's not as if you didn't look good before, but it works better with your casual personality this way."

"Alright then, let's hit the road, I want to be there early."

~*~

"You had better not make an ass of us today, Aran." Vegeta said pulling his gloves on.

"I find it funny that you think I could make an ass of anybody."

"Well you sure did a fine job of it last night."

"That doesn't count, I didn't know her and she was playing hard to get."

"You wish you were so suave." Looking up. "Want a sheet?"

"Sure, be sure to take a few to the meeting. I don't know if I'm going to be able to deal with the whole idea of sitting for 3 hours." Aran took the sheet. "Then listening to a bunch of old guys talk." Shook his head and laid the thin film on his tongue then pressed it to the roof of his mouth.

"I get your point." Vegeta did the same. "We should get going, being there early might give the old guys a good impression of us."

~*~

Bulma and Aunda were seated at their table long before most of the other representatives came filing in. Stuffy old men with bad comb-overs-those of them that had hair did at least-and tired eyes. They had seen their "friends" that they had met the night before in the hallway coming in, nodded to each other, and went about their ways. Now that all of the other men had come in the boys-boys compared to these old geezers-were out of their sight.

Once everybody had settled down and ceased the shuffling of papers the chairman of the ITC banged his gavel and began to speak.

"Friends, welcome to this year's session of the Intergalactic Trade Commission." There was a short applaud and more shuffling of papers. "It is good to see several old faces and several new faces."

"I'd say 'several old faces' is an understatement." Bulma leaned over to her friend.

"…..we continue our tradition of excellence with….."

"I know what you mean." Aunda whispered back.

"…Our first presenter is from a planet new to the ITC. Her name is Bulma Briefs and she is from Earth." Applause.

"Looks like I'm up." Bulma scooted out of her seat.

"Knock 'em dead." Bulma approached the platform that was previously occupied by the ITC's chairman.

"As you've already been told my name is Bulma Briefs and I'm from Earth. Many of you already know about us because of our capsule technology that we have shared with you."

"So she's from Earth. I wonder if they all grow like that over there." Vegeta gave a nod of approval.

"…..centuries of mining has stripped us clean of all forms of fossil fuels. Fossil fuels are chemically similar to….."

"She looked a lot better in that dress last night."

"Shut up! I want to hear what she has to say." Vegeta shot a glance to his comrade.

"…..we have much more to offer in the way of technology." She continued. "We are basically looking for a planet to establish permanent trade relations with. We will give you our technological expertise in exchange for forms of fossil fuels that might be found on your planet."

"Why do you care? We're only here to give the empire face."

"Father wants to revamp the entire structure of the directory system for the army. He told me if to report anything interesting to him."

"We don't have any of these 'fossil fuels' that she is looking for." Desperately trying to reason.

"…..if you would look at the papers I have given you, you will see a copy of the polymatrix that makes up most of our fossil fuels. There is also a list of other substances that are similar that we have found mass quantities of in space….."

Vegeta began flipping through the mass of papers that were handed to him when he entered the room. "Look."

"You've lost it, I'm not going to."

"I knew it! There is tons of moronite back home."

"Yeah. So?" Aran was genuinely lost on the point Vegeta was trying to make.

"It's on this list of substances similar to her 'fossil fuels'."

"And you have the nerve to accuse me of trying to get into her pants." Vegeta just rolled his eyes.

"…..so if any of you are interested and have questions, please contact me. My intercom number and the address of my villa are in the information I prepared for you. Thank you." Applause from the stuffy old men. She stepped down from the platform and made her way back to her table.

"That went well. I had no idea you were so smart." Aunda looked at her with genuine awe.

"Thanks. I just hope that somebody will take us up on our offer."

Vegeta began writing things down, trying to remember everything Bulma had said about the technological abilities of her planet. "I should contact father as soon as this meeting is over. If he approves of this I can get a hold of her while she's still here and give her our offer. It would cut back on a lot of hassle."

"I haven't seen you this excited since….well I guess I haven't seen you this excited since I can remember. Hand me a sheet." Vegeta obliged. "Maybe we could hook you and this Earth chick up."

"If this goes through our relationship will be strictly professional."

"I bet. The epitome of professionalism sits before me."

"Shut up."

~*~

The meeting adjourned and most of the representatives went back to their villas. Bulma and Aunda stood out on the balcony watching all of the people leave.

"Man, I thought at least one of them would approach me with an offer."

"Maybe they just want to think things over before they try and make a deal." Aunda put a comforting hand on Bulma's shoulder.

"Don't get down in the dumps too soon." Bulma and Aunda turned around to see who the voice belonged too. Vegeta stood holding a piece of paper while Aran just looked at them dazedly. "I really enjoyed your presentation. I think we could strike up a deal."

"Oh really? What do you have to offer me?"

"My home planet is one of the top producers of moronite, which I believe is listed as one of the substances that you can use on your planet."

"Awesome! I mean, good. Come back to my place and we'll talk." She motioned for them to follow her. Aunda called an air car to take the four of them back to Bulma's villa. Once there Vegeta began giving Bulma the rundown on the system currently in use by the royal army and what his father wanted done to it.

"I'm sure we could do what you want easily. I'll have to see some of your computers and such though." Bulma sat down across from Vegeta at the kitchen table.

"That's good. I've already contacted my father and he thinks that this is a great opportunity we shouldn't pass up."

"I think Vegeta just wants in your pants." Aran began to giggle.

"I'm sorry, but you are very rude." Bulma stood up.

"Aran, you can leave." Vegeta stated calmly.

"What? Why? I just told the truth." Indignantly.

"Just go. I'll be back later."

"Fine, fine. You're the boss." Aran walked to the door and flew back to where he and Vegeta were staying.

"I'm really sorry. If it makes you feel better, I'm not trying to get in your pants." He moved to sit next to her at the table.

"I never thought you were. You just need to bring me a sample of your computers. The computers on the ship you came on will do. I don't need much to get started."

"Alright, first thing in the morning. I'll pick you up and you can come do your thing on the ship."

"That sounds like a good idea."

"You know, I'm in a position where I can solve all of your problems." He got up and walked to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye Vegeta." Bulma followed him from the room.

"Bye Bulma." He closed the door. Bulma just stood, amazed at what had just gone down. Those last few moments alone had been awkward yet the total opposite of awkward at the same time. She didn't know what to make of it. She let out a sigh and headed up to her room.

Vegeta stood outside of the villa and watched Bulma's shadow move from room to room. "Sleep well Bulma." He took to the air.

To be continued...

AN: Just reminding you once again that since this is A/U and I'm writing it, the characters are OOC. Oh, and I'm not great with physics or any of the things pertaining to polymatricies or whatever, I'm just trying to make everything sound somewhat convincing.