Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pale Green Stars ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

First off, I'd like to thank the 3 people that actually reviewed my fic. IneiTenshi, ronin, Selenity Jade; the rest of this thing is dedicated to you guys.

If I owned DBZ I wouldn't work here.

A/N: Sorry this one took so long to get up. For some reason it didn't want to flow with me and every sentence was pain to get out. So if it's hard to read, then there's why.

Bulma sat in her bed staring at the ceiling. She was ecstatic to have made a deal like this. But in the fervor of her excitement she had completely forgotten to an important thing. Crap, I forgot to tell Dad the good news. She rolled over to grab interstellar communicator off the table. Bulma punched in the identification number of her father'' icom and waited.

"Dr. Briefs here." Her father's face showed up on the screen.

"Daddy! I have great news."

"Hello there sugar plum. What is it you found out?"

"I met the prince of Planet Vegeta. He says there is more than enough moronite to suit our needs." She smiled and blushed a bit at the mention of Vegeta.

"Wonderful. What do we need to give them in return?"

"They want their systems for the army completely redone. I'm going to download some files off of Vegeta's ship in the morning."

"………." Dr. Briefs just looked at his daughter.

"The prince."

"Oh." His voice rung with recognition at the term. "I didn't know you two were on a first name basis." He winked. Bulma's mouth opened and she put a hand on her chest in surprise. She sighed.

"It isn't like that." Her voice dropped, almost disappointedly.

"Well, just be sure to get me the files A.S.A.P., alright honey?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll talk to you later Daddy."

"I love you."

"Love you too." She flipped off the screen of her icom, laid down and pulled the sheets up to her chin. Her thoughts soon wandered to Vegeta. What did you mean by that "solve all your problems" comment. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. She closed her eyes and dozed off.

~*~

"And you did this without asking me?" Vegeta had contacted his father as well.

"I assumed you would agree with me on this one."

"I do agree with you. This is a good deal you've made, we don't hardly use moronite at all. But you still should have asked me first."

"Father, do you know how old I am?" Vegeta was asking more to prove a point than anything else. His father just rolled his eyes.

"Of course I do. 23. Now back to busi…" He was cut off.

"Well then don't you think I'm old enough to make good decisions without contacting you?"

"Fine, you are old enough. Back to the point. When is this woman going to hold up her end of the deal."

"She is going to download files from the ship since it runs on the same systems. Then I assume she'll take it back to her planet to have some people work on it." He rubbed his forehead, not really knowing what would happen next. "I guess she'll send it back to us to install."

"Why don't you just ask her to come here and install it herself?"

"I guess I could do that."

"Stop guessing. I'll see you when you get back." King Vegeta turned off his icom to leave his son sitting alone in the dark. Vegeta walked to the window and peered out over the hills. Damn nighttime. Sometimes you are much too long.. Vegeta was honestly excited about tomorrow. She was coming onto his ship. He'd probably be spending all morning with her. It was perfect. I have a thing for her. Vegeta's eyes got wide. What am I saying?! I'm not supposed to have thoughts like that. The prince ran to the table and frantically searched for his box of sheets. He threw clothes, moved boxes, did everything he could think of to find that elusive little devil. A twinkling caught his eye. He looked over to see the small silver tin sticking out of his glove. Letting out a sigh of relief he opened it up, pulled out the transparency. You're going to take my thoughts away aren't you? He did as he had done countless times before, placed it on his tongue and pressed it to the roof of his mouth. Vegeta walked to the bed and went to sleep.

~*~

Bulma swore she hadn't gotten more than a solid 3 hours of sleep all night. Tossing and turning, not spending more than 5 minutes in one position, her body refused to relax. It's just nerves. Nerves for what, though? She didn't have any reason to be nervous. Rolling around for another few moments, Bulma decided it would just be better to get up and begin getting ready for the day ahead.

She dressed herself in a pair of jeans that had paint splattered down the front, the left knee torn out, and a hole where the back pocket was attached. Lord! I am a sexy bitch. She chuckled a bit, then pulled on a long sleeved t-shirt. The cuffs were so stretched out that she couldn't keep the sleeves from falling over her hands. No shame in sacrificing fashion for comfort. She finished her ensemble with an old pair of sneakers that had definitely seen better days.

She looked at the clock only to realize that she still had a good 2 hours before she was set to arrive at Vegeta's villa. They seemed very disciplined, I'll bet they are up anyway. Bulma grabbed her things and took off to where the prince and his friend were staying.

~*~

Light streamed in through the bedroom window. Vegeta didn't really want to get up, but the promise of seeing the girl he met only a few days before was just too strong. He threw on a pair of shorts and pulled himself out of bed. Lord! He was hungry this morning. He banged on Aran's door to let his comrade know he was up, then began making his way to the kitchen.

~*~

Bulma stood at the doors. She knocked a couple times, but nobody answered. She was getting antsy. Maybe it's the wrong house. That would be pretty embarrassing. But there's nobody around for miles, this has to be the place. She tried it again. Still nobody came to the door. That's it, I'm going in.

She pushed the large doors open and peeked inside. Nobody there. She set her things down by the table and looked up at the huge stained glass ceiling of the sitting room. How did two guys get such a nice place? She continued her little self-guided tour and soon found herself in the main hallway. There were so many doors! One could only guess what a couple of bachelors, so she assumed, would do with a place this big.

"What are you doing?" The sudden question caused Bulma do jump.

"Hey, Vegeta." She began to blush at the sight of the prince in a pair of boxer shorts. What a body. "I banged on the door a couple times, but nobody came. So I just let myself in."

"You're two hours early." He walked past her towards the kitchen. "I'm going to make breakfast, you want some?"

"Sure thing." She had completely forgotten to eat this morning. What was I thinking? She followed him into the kitchen and sat down at the table. "Is Aran coming with us when we check out the ship?" She hoped she could have some time alone with Vegeta.

"He probably thinks he is, but I have other plans for him today." Vegeta brought her a cup of something similar to coffee. "I don't care for his behavior around you." Just as he finished the sentence Aran walked in. "Speak of the devil."

A smirk crept across Aran's face as he eyed the scene before him. "This looks very professional, Vegeta." Vegeta rolled his eyes.

"Aran, could you go back to the city and get something for supper. We don't really have anything other than breakfast foods."

"Yeah, I'll do that." He looked at Bulma. "What's she doing here?"

"I came early. Expected you two to be up, guess I was wrong."

"Alright, have fun today. I know I wont." He turned and left the room. Vegeta sat down at the table with breakfast made.

"He really doesn't like to miss out on beautiful women." Bulma smiled and turned her attention to the food before her. They finished breakfast in silence.

Half an hour later Vegeta was dressed and ready to go to the ship. They took Bulma's air car to the docks and quickly found what they were looking for. Vegeta opened the hatch and stepped in with Bulma right behind him.

"This is the control room. Everything in the empire runs on the same system. You can go ahead and do your thing." Vegeta gestured to the panel in front of him. Bulma hooked her drive up to the ship's computer and began hitting random buttons. A drop box popped up on the screen in front of her.

"This is really easy to use. You might consider putting some locks on it so people don't just hack in here and screw around." She looked through her selections and finally picked the one that would upload the system to her file. "I figured this thing would be more secure. I'm going to get done a lot quicker than I had expected." She felt Vegeta's hand on her shoulder and turned her head to look at him.

His face was only a couple inches from hers. Her throat was almost too thick to speak. "What is it?" she whispered hoarsely. He didn't say anything. Instead he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. It was a dry, tongue-less kiss, but it was just perfect for the moment. He pulled his head away.

"I'm sorry Bulma. I don't know what overcame me." He fumbled into his pocket and pulled a sheet out of his silver box.

"No, it's okay. What are those?"

"What? These?" He held up the clear sheet.

"Yes, those. I saw you guys taking them during my speech. What are they for?" Vegeta put it in his mouth.

"Saiyan warriors don't live very long lives because our race is in almost constant battle." He wiped the sweat that was appearing on his brow. "We take them because they stop emotions. If we don't have emotions, we can't form bonds with others. So if we can't form a bond, we don't feel loss when another dies."

Bulma grabbed his hands and held them to his chest. "So you can't feel any emotion right now?" He shook his head no. "Do you remember what you felt when you kissed me?" He shook his head yes this time. "That's terrible. How could you live without emotion? Let me try something." She kissed him, only this time she forced her tongue into his mouth and played with his a little before breaking the kiss. "Did you feel anything then? Did you enjoy it?" He looked at the floor and shook his head.

"I wish I could have felt it." Bulma was fighting tears: tears of pity, tears of anger. How could something like this be forced on people? She couldn't begin to fathom what life for him must be like.

"Vegeta, I want you to come home with me. I want to run some tests on this stuff and find out what it's made of, find out how it does what it does." She pulled him in and hugged him. "I want you to feel what I've been feeling for you since I first saw you."

To be continued…

A/N Ahh….. we finally find out what those pesky little sheet thingies are. I'm sorry I didn't explain it to you guys earlier, but if I did it would kinda ruin that whole last scene. I don't know anything about computer programs so don't get on my case about the whole thing being wrong. I didn't really want to stop this chapter here, but I as I was looking through it, I realized that it would be illogical to cut it off where I was originally going to stop.