Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pale Green Stars ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I was getting on the Internet after sko bo the day after I put up chapter 4, and HOLY WOW! my reviews were doubled! I thank all of you so very much for taking the time to say something.

Without further adieu…

Bulma loved spring mornings. Bright, cloudless skies full of promise and hope. The kinds of hope romantics write poetry about, and intellectual lovers yearn for.

Standing on her balcony, she watched as people rushed to work or school, pitying them for their inability to slow down and enjoy this beautiful day.

As much as she loved storybook mornings, this one was dimmed by last night's rejection. She couldn't help but feel a little bit of humiliation. He probably thinks I'm a complete whore.

She watched as her father's cat crouched on the ledge, stalking a pair of butterflies fluttering about the wildflowers in the planter. One of them landed to get to the sweet reward hidden in the petals as the other followed suit. The black feline pounced, catching the first to land under his paws.

"Get busy living, Get busy dying." She concluded. Bulma walked back into her room to get dressed. She put on an Everclear CD as she unbuttoned her pajamas. Listening to her favorite band always reminded her that a lot of people had it worse than she did.

Just as she had pulled her pants on and was tying her shoes she heard a scream from down stairs. Immediately, she ran to see what was the trouble. She burst into the kitchen to find her mother and Vegeta on opposite sides of the island in the center of the kitchen.

"Bulma! Did you see?" Mrs. Briefs screamed.

"See what?"

"He's…he's…he's got a tail!" Vegeta let his tail creep up as affirmation.

"What the? How did I not notice that?" Bulma reached out to touch it.

"We keep it curled around our waists so it doesn't get hit or pulled or stepped on or anything like that." Vegeta answered.

"Oh, well I just thought it was a really weird belt." He scrunched his nose in distaste of her statement.

"I just came to ask her if she had any more accommodating pants for me to wear. I need a hole put in the back so my tail can fit through. As of now these garments are extremely uncomfortable."

"Well we wouldn't want you running around without any pants on." Bulma said, pushing past him to the refrigerator. "It's my turn to make the breakfast."

Vegeta handed Mrs. Briefs his pants and sat at the table as Bulma began making bacon and eggs. She soon had made a plate for each of them and sat down to eat. They ate in silence for a few moments before Bulma decided to clear a few things up. Alright girl, don't puss out on this.

"Vegeta, about last night…" she was cut off before she could finish her sentence.

"Yes I did want to talk about last night. I realize I've been a…" he searched for a fitting word "…jackass about this whole thing. We need to define this `relationship', as you like to call it."

Oh great. We aren't even going out and he's already dumping me. Bulma thought.

"I was honestly brought up to not understand or give care to this `love' thing. But last night, after your offer, I felt…" he was having a hard time explaining "…as if there was something more to all of this. On the physical level, I thought my innards were being crushed together then sucked out." he smiled slightly and tried to look preoccupied with his eggs.

"So you don't think I'm a floozy?"

"No." Bulma sighed in relief and started rubbing his hand the held the fork.

"You should eat up. I don't know how much blood Dad will want to take for some of the tests." They smiled at each other as they finished their meal.

~*~

"Okay Vegeta," Dr. Briefs said as he pulled the needle out of Vegeta's arm "I want to you take one of those sheet thingies. How long does it take for those to work, by the way?"

"A minute or so." Vegeta answered.

"Okay then, I'll take some more blood, say, five minutes after you take it." Vegeta did as he was told. They waited in an awkward silence for the five minutes, with Bulma rubbing Vegeta's shoulder.

Dr. Briefs took another test tube full of blood and sent his daughter and her friend off to occupy themselves with something else.

Bulma and Vegeta went upstairs and sat on the couch to watch some television. Bulma flipped through a couple channels, avoiding soap operas even though he was numb to them right now. Even if he wasn't, she didn't want to scare him with the world of affairs, marriage and divorce.

They spent the next few hours comparing their social systems, governments, and history of the two different worlds.

"The sheet has worn off." Vegeta announced out of nowhere.

"How can you tell?"

"The compressing, sucking feeling is back." He smiled wholly and slowly leaned in to plant a chaste kiss on her cheek. He was new at this after all. Bulma returned it by grabbing the collar of his shirt and moving to straddle his lap as she put everything she had into schooling him in the art of kissing.

Her tongue ran its way along his molars and stopped to tease his. She finished off by leaving a short kiss on the corner of his lips.

"Answer me truthfully; did that freak you out?"

"Not really."

"Not really as in `I enjoyed this new experience' or not really as in `I never want to do this again'?"

"Not really as in I want to do it again." He smiled shyly and rubbed her forearms. She got off of his lap and put her hand under his shirt.

"I want to conduct an experiment of my own."

"What is that?" She stood up and pulled him off the couch. Bulma led Vegeta by the hand upstairs to her room. She stopped and pushed him against the doorframe. Her mind was screaming at her that she was taking this far too fast, but she tried to push that aside. This could be the only time she would have him in this position. Full advantage had to be taken.

"I'm going to make you think that I'm a floozy." She raised one eyebrow and kneaded her hips into his. His eyes widened at the recognition of what she was implying. His throat became thick and his jaw moved with silent words of protest. Bulma started unbuckling his belt, never breaking eye contact.

"Umm…we really sh-sh-shouldn't do this. Isn't it a little fast?" He questioned half-heartedly.

"Oh, no. I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Besides…" She brushed his growing arousal "…you want this. But if you really want to stop." Her fingers deftly unzipped his pants. "Just say the words…"

Vegeta was breathing erratically, his body wanted what his mind was conditioned to ignore. He found himself on the brink of one of the toughest decisions he was ever going to make.

To be continued…

OMG! She isn't totally going to stop it there is she? OMG! She is! I want to kill her. Die, die, die. Malevolent Angel, you are such a bitch.

I like to drop my favorite things in fics sometimes. Favorite band, favorite line from a favorite movie. You know the drill.

Should they? Shouldn't they? Review and tell me your thoughts…they just may change my outline for the next chapter.