Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pan's Wedding Dilemma ❯ Confessions of Love ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Three. Confession of Love.

Goten had flown off leaving Pan to bemoan her fate. "What am I going to do now? I can't marry Tank...I love...Trunks!"

Trunks, after watching Goten fly off sighs with a heavy and troubled heart. "Maybe I should just tell Pan that I...that I...I love her. Even if she might hate me for it...I...I have to let her know. Even though it's not right...even though it's not fair...I've fallen for Pan. I was in Junior High when I heard Goten was going to be an uncle. I had hit puberty the day Pan was born. I never thought that I would one day fall in love with her."

Trunks sighs. His eyes close as he reminisces about the day when everyone found out that Gohan was going to be a father.

-"Hey everyone, me and Videl have a very important announcement.", Gohan announced. "We're going to have a baby!", Videl proclaimed. Mr. Satan fell over and Chi-chi immediately started crying on the Ox King's shoulder. "My little boy's all grown up and married...with a baby on the waaaaaaaaay!", Chi-chi cried. "Oh great, another Kakkorot. Let's go Bulma.", Vegeta muttered with disappointment. "Oh seriously, Vegeta! You can leave if you want! Hmph!", Bulma scolded with hands on hips. "Whoa...Goten, you're going to be an uncle.", Trunks commented in shock. "I am?" "Hey, congratulations you two. So when is the little warrior gonna be born? I wanna pick him up some training clothes before then.", Goku congratulated.-

"Man, that was so long ago. When I heard the news, I was freaked out, even though it wasn't me who was gonna be a father or uncle. It scared me. I was afraid of losing Gohan as a friend, but more importantly, I was afraid that one day I'll grow up and get married and have a baby."

-Videl and Gohan blushed. "Uh, you might not want to get your heart set on training out baby.", Gohan informed red-faced. "We're having a girl.", Videl admitted causing Goku to fall backwards on his head in shock. "A girl!" Mr. Satan suddenly jumped up and put his hand on Videl's shoulder. "Goku, you of all people should know that even girls can be fierce warriors, and with my little Videl as her mom, she'll be the strongest yet!", Mr. Satan proclaimed.-

"And it seemed that not long after that Pan was born. Man, that seemed like yesterday. I can't believe she's grown up so fast.", Trunks sighs longingly.

-"Hey Trunks, you want to hold her?", Gohan asked. "Hold...hold her? You...you sure?", Trunks stuttered. "It's okay Trunks, we trust you.", Videl informed handing the wiggling baby girl over. Trunks blushed as the baby was placed carefully into his arms. He looked down at the smiling infant with a matching pink face. He suddenly felt a wash of warmth fall over him and decided that maybe someday that he too would be a father.-

"I never thought that one day that I'd be thinking of having a baby with that baby. Man...I must be the worst kind of pervert. Wait...no...Master Roshi's worse...if only by a little more than me.", Trunks sighs yet again.

Pan flies off sadly. Her spirits begin to lift when she sees Trunks. "Hey Trunks! I was just looking for you!", the short little girl exclaims. "Oh! I was just thinking about you too. I heard the news. Uh...con...con...congradu...lations." "Uh...Trunks? Can I...can I...can I talk to you?", Pan requests. "Oh sure. There's something I needed to talk to you about anyway.", Trunks replies and the two land on a nearby building and sit down.

"So Trunks, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?", Pan inquires. "Oh, you first Pan." "Trunks....", Pan glares. "Oh well...nothing much...just how long have you known my brother Tank?" "Not very long. I just met him today. In fact, I didn't even know that you HAD any brothers.", Pan admits. "Yea, I just found out too."

Trunks takes a deep breath and gulps before continuing. "Uh...Pan? Do you...do you...do you love...uh...Tank?" "Of course not! Actually...there's someone I do love, but your mom and my grandma are forcing me to marry him.", Pan confesses. "Why don't you tell them that you want to marry the one you love?", Trunks asks. "Cause...I...I...I don't know if he loves me. He...he probably likes someone else.", Pan admits sadly. "Well, who IS he?", Trunks pries. "I can't!", Pan protests. "Why not? We've been friends for a long time, and we've always confided in one another.", Trunks wonders. "Well...I...I just can't. I...I really like him...and I've known him for a long time. He's very handsome and nice and has always been there for me.", Pan explains. "But you don't know if he loves you, huh? Why don't you tell him how you feel?" "Yah, I should!"

Trunks looks down at his watch. "Aw man! I'm sorry Pan! I'm late for work! I'll talk to you later!", Trunks apologizes. Trunks blasts off in a hurry, leaving Pan by herself. "I love...you Trunks.", Pan sighs watching him fly away. "Aw man...I didn't get to tell her how I felt about her. I better do it as soon as I get off from work!"