Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pyrokenesis: Burnt By Rage ❯ The Breath Before The Plunge ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: My hand is freezing, it's so cold here in Chicago and my stupid heat is barely working fast enough to heat up the room!! ::brrrrr::

 

Anyways on with the good stuff. I finally got my COMPLETE series of ESCAFLOWNE!!! ::hugs the DVD close to her:: It's mine!!! YAY!!! I've waited a whole 2 weeks on it, wondering if I got robbed on Ebay and that they'll never sent it…but here it is ::smiles proudly::

 

Ok, I'll stop my ramblings now. On with the story, hope you guys like this one!! It's longer then most of the ones I've posted before….and I should be update this more regularly now.

 

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, I don't anything remotely close to DBZ…though I do own this boxes of completed series of escaflowne ::hugs it tightly to chest:: MINE!!!! mahahahahha

 

THANK YOU LITTLE-FIGHTER88 FOR BETA-ING THIS FIC!!!!

 

Chapter 4

The Breath Before The Plunge

 

One Week Later…..

6:45pm

 

Bulma jumped down the wooden floorboards outside the Red Dragon Restaurant.

 

They had helped out the whole day at Chichi's restaurant, Juu and her being a waitress, Goku and Vegeta cleaning up tables and cooking. It had turned out nicely, they had learned a lot of things so far.

 

Finally stopping for what she had come out for, Bulma quietly walked towards him.

 

"Don't you have work to do, onna?" Came his rough yet gentle voice, he sat bare feet on the sand with the water reaching to touch him every so often. His gaze was fixed on the setting sun.

 

The melting sunrays catching his sharp features.

 

Bulma pouted, she was never able to sneak up on him. Shrugging she sat beside him, taking in the beautiful sunset. The sun slowly dropping under the sea, the sky a watercolor mix of purple, red and orange; half of the sky already was showing the stars.

 

"What are you doing out here?" Vegeta asked again.

 

"I want to know what's wrong." Bulma stated.

 

"Nothing's wrong. Everything's perfect."

 

"You don't have to get all sarcastic on me." Bulma huffed, getting annoyed with his attitude.

 

"I wasn't being sarcastic, onna." He snapped back, turning to her. "Can't you see? Everything's normal."

 

Bulma raised an eyebrow at him, "And you would rather there be men running and jumping out of bushes, chasing us to the ends of the earth? Every minuet of our lives in danger?"

 

"Nothing is this perfect without imperfection, little onna." Vegeta said softly, his lips merely inches from Bulma's ears causing her to shiver.

 

She sighed and dropped her head on his shoulder, scooting closer to him as if trying to draw the warmth of his body to her.

 

"I know, it's like the eye of the storm. But for once, I want everything to be normal. To forget our past." Bulma whispered the last part so softly, he wouldn't have heard if he didn't have such good hearing.

 

Hugging her closer to him, he watched her watch the sunset; marveling at how her deep blue eyes caught the last rays of sunlight.

 

Finally the sun had set; bringing away with it, its warmth.

 

"But…." Bulma continued, turning to face him and smiling. "I'm not afraid as long as you're here with me."

 

Vegeta's eyes searched hers, his hand reaching up to brush a blue hair away before leaning in to kiss her passionately. Pulling her down on the sand and rolling on top of her, he broke the kiss. Both of them were breathing hard.

 

"Vegeta, Bulma get your butts in here. It's getting packed." Came Juu's voice as she yelled out towards the beach from the balcony of the restaurant.

 

Vegeta growled at the interruption, mentally remembering to get Juu back for this. Bulma just giggled, pushing Vegeta off of her.

 

"Come on, Vegeta. Before I miss getting my tips."

 

Vegeta got up, pulling her to him again before taking her lips with his again, letting his lips travel softly over her neck and shoulder.

 

"Vegeta…." Bulma moaned, wrapping her arms around his neck not wanting him to stop.

 

"I don't like the way those boys look at you." Vegeta growled, remembering how ever since the first night of her working at the restaurant, both the men and boys would come back frequently, to look at what was `his'.

 

"I-" Before she could finish, Juu cut her off again with another warning yell. Making both of them rush towards the restaurant.

 

[Inside]

 

"You'd think they'd have a little self control." Juu muttered annoyed, seeing two running figures running towards the entrance finally.

 

"What was that Juu?" Chichi asked, carrying some dirty empty plates before cleaning the table.

 

"Oh it was nothing." Juu said, grabbing a paper and pen before heading towards a table with people that just came in.

 

"Sorry about that Chi." Bulma puffed out, trying to catch her breath from the run.

 

"It's ok, you needed a break anyway. It gets really packed in here, especially the weekends." Chichi smiled, putting down the plates in the sink right before Vegeta moved in to start washing them.

 

"You can say that again," Bulma agreed "now where do you want me?"

 

"You can start with that table." Chichi nodded towards the table with an elderly couple that dines regularly here. "Cuz I know you don't want to do that one." She glanced at the table at the far end, full of the same boys that came in everyday since Bulma started working here.

 

"Thanks Chi, you're the best." Bulma said, her blue eyes grateful. She wanted to tell her…wanted to share the secret of their powers with her, but Vegeta had forbid anyone to tell her anything.

 

"No problem." Chichi tossed a small book and paper for her, then grabbing one for herself before heading off.

 

"Hello," Bulma greeted the friendly old couple.

 

"Hello there, sweetie." The old women greeted laugher in her old brown eyes.

 

"The same as usual?" Bulma asked, they were loyal customers of this diner and Bulma found herself liking their company. For both of them were warm and friendly, it's a darn shame that they can't have children since they love children so much.

 

"As always, except add an ice cream this time. It's Martha's birthday." The old man replied, taking the older women's hand in his. His eyes reflecting love for his wife.

 

Bulma nodded and walked back to the counter to give the order to the cook.

 

"Isn't it sweet?" Bulma sighed as she passed Vegeta.

 

"What's it now, onna?" Vegeta grumbled, not looking up from washing the dishes. The piles seem to never end.

 

"How much they still love each other after all these years." Bulma smiled softly glancing at the old couples.

 

Vegeta humfed, making Bulma roll her eyes.

 

"Well, I would like to think," Bulma leaned in, pressing herself to his back making him stop his movements as she leaned her lips closer to his ears, "that when we grow old, it would be the same for us."

 

Vegeta turned his eye ever so slightly, catching her eyes. "I don't know about you, but I know it's going to be." He turned back around, continuing like she wasn't there.

 

But a bright smile was left on her face at his words as she walked to a now empty table to start clearing out the dirty dishes.

 

"Hey babe," A voice purred behind her, making her stiffen. She turned around to find a guy known as Yamcha standing behind her.

 

"What do you want?" Bulma asked.

 

"A lot of things." His dark eyes swept her curvaceous figure.

 

It was days like these that she was glad she wore tee shirt and jeans to work.

 

"So listen babe-"

 

"Don't call me that." Bulma said, her blue eyes flashing catching his attention even more.

 

"You have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen." He said softly, reaching to touch her cheek but she pulled back, clearly not wanting him to touch her.

 

Yamcha smiled, and dropped his hand.

 

"What do you want?" She asked again, her eyes turning cold.

 

"Well, let's start with your name." He tried, seeing along time ago that she doesn't have a nametag.

 

Bulma didn't say anything, choosing to ignore him as she pushed the chairs back in and stacked the dirty dishes into one pile.

 

"I see," Yamcha's eyes twinkled, "So that means I'll just have to keep calling you `babe', huh."

 

She would be lying if she said he wasn't cute; firm body, well toned muscles, dark evenly tanned skin, smooth rich black hair that no matter how messy it looks always give off a sexy look.

 

But he wasn't her type, she had Vegeta and no one can beat Vegeta.

 

Seeing that she ignored him he moved on.

 

"So I was wondering, babe. I have a football game next Friday night at my school and was wondering if you would like to come-" He was cut short by her.

 

"Not interested." Bulma said clearly, firmly. Then turned away, plates in hand and walked towards the counter.

 

Yamcha smiled, ignoring the hoots of his friends behind him of his failure. She was the first girl to turn him down, it wasn't the first time she did it either and he's sure it won't be the last. But there's just something about her that made him come back every day just to see her. She wasn't like any of the other girls; and for that, he's going to give it his all to get her.

 

He returned to his table, watching the blue haired beauty totally oblivious to the deadly look that was sent to him from behind the counter.

 

[Chichi's House]

11:25pm

 

Bulma sighed contently flopping down on Chichi's queen sized bed. They had been staying at Chichi's house for about two weeks now; her house was right by the beach, a block down from the restaurant. It had three rooms, one large kitchen, living room and a dining room.

 

Bulma dug under the soft pillow to find the book she had hidden there a few days back, after going to the library. Flipping open the pages over to where an orange post-it note was, she started reading from where she left off last time:

 

All animal and human thought processes are nothing more than electrical impulses and stimulation within the brain. Now, assume that a brain can affect something directly without first having to go through the rest of the nervous system. Why should this not be? Could it not be possible that a brain can send an electrical impulse through the air as it would through the nervous system? This is the basis of psionics, the ability to effect a change within physical reality without direct physical contact in the traditional sense. Psionicists or psychics can directly affect their surrounding physical enviroment or even the thoughts of others by simple manipulation of the electrical energies and charges of any intervening molecules and atoms…….

 

She flipped to the next page, it immediately sparked her interest:

 

-kinesis is a root word from latin meaning "using one's mind"…..

 

Pryokinesis- is the ability to make and control fire with ones mind and manipulate fire with ones will.

 

Cryrokinesis- ability to create or control ice. This goes along with hydrokinesis, which is the ability to control water.

 

Eletrokinesis- the ability of control and create electricity.

 

Vitakinesis- the ability of healing damaged tissues in body.

 

Telekinesis- the ability of move objects with ones mind.

 

 

Hearing the door of the bedroom opening she quickly shut the book, hastily stuffing it under the pillow, and leaned back on the pillows just as Chichi entered.

 

Chichi's hair was still damp from the shower she just took. She proceeded in the room as she continued to dry her hair with a towel.

 

"So what do you want to do tomorrow?" Chichi asked, sitting down in front of the mirror next to the bed, combing her long silky black hair.

 

"Don't we have to work at your place?" Bulma asked, stretching like a content cat on the bed.

 

"Nope. We're open half day on Mondays, but we don't have to come at all on Monday since it's not busy." Chichi explained, now putting on lotion. "I figured you guys might want to take a look around the town and check out the malls with me."

 

"Thanks so much Chi." Bulma smiled at Chichi.

 

"For the tank top and pjs? No prob." Chichi said simply, a soft smile on her lips as she continued. To tell the truth she was happy they were here, it brightened her day a lot with their jokes.

 

"No….for everything." Bulma said, her soft blue eyes fixed on the tanned skin-black haired girl. "I'm serious, if it wasn't for you then we might still be wandering out there somewhere."

 

Chichi's warm, chocolate brow eyes soften at the words. They had only known each other for such a short time but she felt like she knew them already. Especially Bulma, she was like a sister that she'd never had.

 

"I love you room." Bulma said for about god knows how many times. It was simple yet, elegant. The white drapes blew gently against the ocean breeze, the desk and chairs were of simple wood. Simple…clean, she loved it here.

 

Chichi watched Bulma quietly, a gentle smile on her face. But it was still a mystery to her where they came from. Whenever they talked about life before meeting her, they would all hesitate. The most she got out of them was that, their parents died a long time ago, they all grew up together and they were planning on heading to Florida.

 

Looking at her deep blue eyes, Chichi could tell that many boys had lost themselves in them before and no doubt many men will in the future.

 

Bulma looked away from Chichi's searching gaze and down at her laptop, the only thing she brought out of Hades with her.

 

When she had taken it apart to see it there was a tracking device, Chichi had looked at her like she was crazy and when she had put it back together piece by piece, rebuilding it perfect; she had looked at her with amazement.

 

Bulma tucked a strain of blue hair behind her ear and opened a page with the world map on it. Clicking on the United States of America, it zoned closer; showing all 50 states.

 

`California….' She thought staring at the closer picture of the state, it had all the cities.

 

"Are you planning on leaving?" Chichi said quietly, her eyes turned sad, fixed on the screen of the laptop too.

 

"Hell no." Bulma laughed, "I wouldn't leave even if you kick us out." Making Chichi smile again. "It's just….if one day…" She stopped herself before she revealed anymore.

 

Every time she was about to tell, Juu was always there to warn her. But now it was just her and Chichi. She didn't want to keep anything from her, but she didn't want Chichi to get involved either.

 

Not only would it put their lives in danger, it would put Chichi's too. And she would be damned to hell before anything happened to this kind-hearted girl, whom clothed, fed, and gave a roof over their heads while asking nothing in return.

 

"What?" Chichi asked knowing that Bulma was about to say more.

 

"Nothing. I'm really tired." Bulma stated, yawning as she fell back on the soft pillows. Slowly she rolled over to the edge of the bed; it was her turn to sleep on the floor tonight. Just when Bulma was about to fall to the floor with on more roll, Chichi stopped her.

 

"I'll take to floor tonight." Within seconds, Chichi was tucked under the covers so that Bulma couldn't refuse her.

 

"Chichi! Damnit!" Bulma chided, glaring down at Chichi. That girl was unbelievable with her kindness.

 

"This is my house."

 

"That's exactly my point; this is your house so there's no excuse for me to take your bed!"

 

" `o no! I simply can't accept this.'" Chichi said while raising her voice in mocking Bulma.

 

"You know I'm beginning to think that there's something behind all this." Bulma said slyly, narrowing her eyes at Chichi playfully. "You wouldn't happen to be buying my affections so that I would put in a good word or two for you to Goku would you?"

 

Almost instantly the girl blushed, even with her tan skin it was clear as day with how embarrassing that statement was.

 

"W-what are you talking about?" Chichi stuttered out under Bulma's smirk.

 

"What you didn't think that I wouldn't notice the ogling and dreamy sighs you have while looking at him?" Bulma teased, oh yah she had her now.

 

"It's not what you think…" Chichi said before turning around, her back facing Bulma and pretending to sleep.

 

"Whatever you say, Chi." Bulma chuckled, lying down to sleep herself. Silence filled the room as both of them lost in their own thoughts; the only sound was the ocean waves outside and water running in the bathroom, with Juu still showering.

 

[Another room]

 

4:16am

 

Goku gasped, sweat trenched his face and the black wife beater as he sat up from the bed. He took a few deep breaths to clam himself down.

 

What exactly woke him, he wasn't sure. It was just a feeling….a really bad one. Like something was going to happen soon, something really bad.

 

"Kakkarote." At the voice Goku looked at the twin bed next to his, were Vegeta laid awake.

 

He should have known that Vegeta would be awake; Vegeta was a light sleeper plus he might have gotten that `feeling' like him.

 

"Did you…feel that too?" Goku asked quietly.

 

"Yah." Vegeta answered, still not taking his eyes off the ceiling.

 

"Did you wake the same time as me?" Goku asked, now curious about this maybe it was a new power.

 

"Yah."

 

"Do you have any idea what it could be about?"

 

Silence for an answer. Which means `no'.

 

"Yah, me neither." Goku continued, used to Vegeta's way of talking. Silence in the room as they both thought about it. Goku leaned back down, looking at the ceiling also.

 

"So you think…it's a sign….that they're coming?….That it's time for us to move?" Goku said quietly, sadly. He didn't want to move, he liked it here, with his friends, with the ocean, the peace, and the most kind-hearted, beautiful woman he's ever met.

 

Vegeta didn't say anything. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he liked it here too. The ocean was nice, soothing. This was the kind of place he would want to start a family, with the Onna.

 

Slowly, they let soft lullaby of the ocean sing them to sleep again.

 

Author's Note: Ok, so nice and long. But was it good? Review for me! And tell me!!!!

 

::To my reviewers::

 

My deepest thanks to all those whom have reviewed. I truly cherish each and every signal review that you have left me. Thank you so much. Due to that webs failure to let me see my reviews I can't leave individual replies. But thanks so much!!!