Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Redirection ❯ cure for the itch ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey Everyone

The Verdict is in

The results are…

Option 1. Goku breaks the rules of the afterlife and uses instant transmission to go visit Gohan and set the record straight. (Kinda like he did in Movie 9) = 13

Option 2. Goku interferes with the `fairness distributor' (my own creation, that decides who should find money or break their arm etc) and makes Gohan's life a whole heap better. = 4

Option 3. Goku acts as a guardian for Gohan's mind and helps him to make right decisions, protect him from nightmares and help him realise the truth. = 10

So well I guess you now what's goin 2 happen.

But not as you expect.

Well mayb 1 of you, cos their such a frickin smart-ass they figured it out before I wrote it down, well some of my idea anyway.

Yes Hello Melanie

Such a smart ass aren't u (I mean that in the nicest way possible) bet u can't figure out the next part of my story

Anyway

I'm sorry this took so long, I had a hectic couple of days.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Dragonballz, Gohan, except for the pictures in my room, on my computer, and the episodes I taped off television. (I have such a sad life )

I dedicate this chapter 2 Dawn my friend who has recently turned 15

Happy birthday girl

Chapter 19

Cure for the itch (I don't own that song either, and it annoys me any way so I don't care!)

Goku was still.

Trying to pass off the images he'd seen as a bad dream, but deep in his gut he knew that Gohan really was like that.

The thought was enough to almost make Goku cry.

But he wouldn't, not when there was a chance to save his son.

King Kai didn't know how to console Goku, there was nothing that could be said that would make any difference, Goku would have to deal with the problem in his own way.

Unfortunately for King Kai, he didn't know how right he was.

Goku would deal with things in his own way.

A way that could get him into a lot of trouble.

Goku spoke, his voice, barely above a whisper.

"King Kai, what will happen if he maintains his current course of behaviour?" Referring to Gohan.

King Kai gulped, he didn't want to hurt Goku's feelings, but the truth had to be told.

"If your son continues as he is, he will eventually break down, and do something drastic that will inevitably result in his death." (A/n I don't know how King Kai knows this, but just play along okay?)

Goku nodded sombrely, "then I know what I must do."

King Kai realised a split second too late what Goku was going to do.

He ran to grab hold of Goku, attempting to stop him.

But Goku was too quick.

King Kai knew he wasn't going 2 make it, so he shouted, "Goku, if Gohan is supposed to die, then he will, you can't change what's to be!"

Goku faded from sight.

King Kai just hoped that Goku would use his common sense and take what he had said seriously and come back.

But he didn't really expect it, and he wasn't disappointed.

Gohan walked through the forest near his old home, his hands shoved into his pockets, grumbling slightly.

What he was grumbling was inaudible, but by the look on his face you could tell it wasn't good.

Animals scampered away from him in a panic.

He kicked occasional innocent rocks into the air, blasting them when he felt like it.

He believed that he was on the edge, nothing could get worse.

Little did Gohan (A/n my poor little baby) know how wrong he was.

"Gohan…" A voice said, an oddly familiar voice said.

Gohan stopped walking, he looked up, it couldn't be could it?

There about a metre and a half in front of him, was his father.

There was no mistaking him.

Gohan backed away, unsteadily, never taking his eyes off Goku.

Goku took a step forward, extending one hand to Gohan.

"Please, Gohan we need to talk."

"No!" Gohan shouted, "Leave me alone."

He turned and fled in the opposite direction.

Goku frowned.

He used super speed and sped in front of Gohan.

Gohan skidded, trying to avoid his father.

But he only succeeded in crashing into Goku.

Goku wrapped his arms around his son in an act of assurance, and love.

Gohan started to panic.

He struggled, lashing out with his fists and legs, yelling "leave me alone!"

Goku held him, Gohan needed to here this whether he liked it or not.

Eventually Gohan stopped struggling, and his head slumped forward onto Goku's shoulder.

Goku felt tears leak through his uniform onto his skin.

Goku held his son with one hand, and patted his back with the other.

"Shush…" Goku soothed.

Goku grasped his son by his shoulders, not hard, but enough to stop him from trying to escape, and stepped back.

"Gohan look at me." Goku said softly.

Gohan didn't comply.

Instead he looked at the ground, trying to avoid his father's gaze.

**Meanwhile**

Vegeta was seriously pissed.

He couldn't work out why he was sensing Kakarot.

It was frustrating him to no end.

Finally he got up and decided to something about it and blasted off towards Goku's energy.

**Back to Gohan and Goku**

Goku's voice became firmer, and Gohan slowly lifted his face and looked at his father.

Gohan's eyes were full of tears; his facial expression showed his distress.

"I know you don't want to hear this Gohan, but you have no choice, I can't let you keep on believing what you are."

Gohan nodded, he'd have to hear this anyway, so he might as well go along with it.

"Gohan, my death was not your fault, nobody blames you, especially not me. We all make mistakes, even me.

Remember all I have done, then remember what I could have avoided.

But everything happened for a reason.

Like when I died the first time, I couldn't have bet Vegeta and Nappa if I hadn't.

I was supposed to die Gohan, just like this time.

It wasn't you fault, if it was anyone's fault, it would be mine.

Being a saiyan is in your blood, and unfortunately they all have a weakness of being too cocky.

I put an enormous amount of responsibility on you when I backed down from my fight with Cell.

But you took it in your stride.

I'm proud of you.

Your mother doesn't blame you for her death anyway.

She chose it that way.

Me dying again was just the final straw.

You have to understand, even before you were born, Chichi had to deal with a lot of stuff that no normal human should have to.

And over the years, the pressure just became too much.

You weren't the cause.

All the blame and guilt you feel is against you, is just from inside. If you forgive yourself, then we'll have all moved on."

Gohan stared at his father in horror.

This was not the expression Goku had been looking for.

"You lie," Gohan screamed (A/n bloody psychic aren't ya Melanie)

"I KILLED YOU!

You didn't have to die; yet I killed you.

You can't just waltz back into my life after three years and tell me you forgive me.

YOU CAN'T FORGIVE ME!

YOU CAN'T BE PROUD OF ME!

THERE'S NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF!

Mum did kill herself `cos she hates me.

You should hate me to.

YOU'RE TRYING TO TRICK ME!

LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Gohan had been unconsciously powering up that whole time, and since he was distressed, his power was greater than normal.

As he screamed his last sentence, he pushed his energy towards his father, sending Goku into a tree.

Gohan took off in a blur of black and gold.

Goku would have gone after him if it weren't for the figure that had just appeared in front of him.

"KAKAROT! WHAT THE HFIL ARE YOU DOING HERE!!"

It was Vegeta (A/n NO DUH!)

Goku didn't have time for Vegeta at this moment.

So as he got up he pushed Vegeta out of his way and said "Gohan's in trouble, I'm here to help him."

Vegeta Hmmphed.

"I don't give a stuff about your brat. YOU'RE GOING TO FIGHT ME! I'VE BEEN TRAINING FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS SO I COULD BET YOU NEXT TIME I SAW YOU! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TURN YOUR BACK AND WALK AWAY!"

Vegeta launched himself at Goku's back, and Goku turned to defend himself.

Both warriors were now engaged in a fight that had no end in the near future, meaning the next few hours.

Gohan flew the air fuming.

How dare his father try and tell him that he forgave him, that no one blamed him.

His father was wrong.

He dropped to the ground in a city, and when he walked, people moved hurriedly away from the dangerous looking teenager.

All except for one.

This figure was a very unique looking person.

He was tall, mauve coloured, his hair was a bright lime green (A/n LIKE AN APPLE, NOT THE RED ONES DUMBY) He wore red pants and a blue shirt, with a billowing purple cape.

Gohan walked towards at him, glaring all the way.

The man didn't move, instead he smiled. Not a nice smile, but an eerie smile.

The weird person waited till Gohan was almost right in front of him, then he said "Gohan Son?"

Gohan looked at this queer looking person.

"Who wants to know?"

"I have a proposition for you." The weird man said.

"I'm listening."

**Evil music plays**

DUN DUN DUN

Who is this person?

What does he want with Gohan?

KEEP READING TO FIND OUT

OK THAT WAS LAME, I PROMISE I WON'T WRITE IT AGAIN.

R+R people!

I'll update next time I get a chance.