Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rough Road To Happiness ❯ The Future ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, I'm back! I sorta left because I got really frustrated that FF.net would upload my chapters in different order and no matter what I do, it didn't seem to fix it. So if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know and I just might finish off my first ever written fanfic, Battle of the Hearts. This is my second one!

Disclaimer: I don't claim or own anything.

Mirai Trunks-18

Mirai Pan- 16

~Chapter 1~

Mirai Trunks ran down the stairs of Capsule Corporations to find his mother in the kitchen. The delicious smell of waffles greeted him as he went to sit at the table. "Good morning. Did you sleep well? I sure hope you did as seeing how you're going to the past today." Mirai Bulma said.

"Yeah, I slept ok mom. Don't worry. I'm wide awake." MTrunks replied.

"How can I not worry? My only son is time traveling on dangerous mission to the past! I know it needs to be done, but I still worry." MBulma sat down at the table and put her hand on top of Trunks.

"I'm a little scared too," MTrunks admitted, "But we both know it has to be done. Our own world may not be able to be saved by what the androids have done but we can at least save another from the same fate."

"Yes, I know," MBulma said quietly. She gave him a small smile and went to grab a few stackfulls of waffles. Hey, he was still a saiyan! "Well, eat up. I want you to have enough strength to go warn them and also to come back to your mother!"

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it!" MTrunks exclaimed before he grabbed a stackfull and ate it all in a flash.

******

MBulma and MTrunks were outside, saying their good-byes before he boarded the time machine. "Be careful son. I want you back in one piece!" MBulma exclaimed.

"I will be. I want to come back and see you again." MTrunks hugged his mother and kissed her on the cheek. "Bye mom, I have to go now." He pulled away from his mother, stepped into the time machine, and started it. As soon as his mother disappeared from sight, he sat back and closed his eyes. As he did, he didn't realize his hand accidentally hit another button.

********

MTrunks was rudely jerked awake as his time machine came out of the time warp and landed rather hard on the ground. "Ouch," he winced as he had a huge headache. "Gosh, mom wasn't kidding when she said I could get sick from time travelling." He was still clutching his sore head as he climbed out of his time machine and landed on solid ground. That was when he noticed his surroundings. There was not much grass but there was a lot of dirt and battered buildings, especially the huge one in front of him. He frowned. ~ Didn't mother say that the earth was really beautiful in the past? How come its, well, not?~ As MTrunks was thinking, he didn't notice a man coming up behind him.

"Hey! Who are you? What are you doing on my property? Get off!" The voice shook MTrunks out of his daze and he looked behind him. He gasped. The man. It was himself! Only, he seemed to be in his forties. "What the…" The older Trunks eyes widended.

"Um, are y-you me?" MTrunks stuttered. ~What is going on? I'm supposed to be in the past, not the future!~

"Are you from the past?" The older Trunks asked.

"Uh, yeah, I think so. Although, I'm not supposed to be here. I was trying to travel to my own past. Oh wait! I'll go check in my time machine." MTrunks went over to the machine and looked at his coordinates. It confirmed what he thought. He was 20 years in the future, not the past! ~How did that happen? I must have accidentally hit some sort of button that brought me here. I know mother wouldn't have made that kind of mistake!~ He then checked the fuel meter. ~Oh thank god. I have enough to travel to the past and back home too. Good~

His double called to him. "So what's wrong?"

"I think I may have accidentally hit a wrong button when I was in the time machine. Well, I think I better be off. I need to finish my mission." MTrunks started boarding his machine when the older Trunks stopped him.

"Wait! Don't go yet. There's something important I have to tell you!"

"Uh, what is it?"

"Would you like to come in and sit down first? This will take a couple of minutes." The older Trunks nodded his head toward the huge building. It was then that MTrunks noticed that the building looked extremely familiar. ~Wait! That's Capsule Corp!~ His eyes widened with realization. ~But how did it become so old and battered?~

The older Trunks saw his counterpart's realization. "It is my fault. After…after what happened, I was so upset and didn't pay any attention to CC when it really needed my attention. I didn't do anything to try to keep the company up and running. I regret that

now."

"What happened? MTrunks asked in shock.

"Well, come inside and I'll tell you," The inside of capsule corp. wasn't much better than the outside. The furniture was old and ripped. The paint was peeling and it smelled of mildew. "Why don't you have a seat. I'll go get you a cup of tea."

He came back a few minutes later with two cups of tea in hand and some biscuits. "So what happened to you. I mean, what about mother?" MTrunks asked.

"Mother, she-she died. The androids took her." He clenched his fists. "I heard on the radio that one of the androids was destroying another city so I went to help. I didn't realize it was just a distraction so that android 17 could get me away from mother so he could destroy her!" Older Trunks was so mad that he almost turned super. "I didn't realize till it was too late."

MTrunks was in shock. ~No! Mother won't die! I won't let her! Now that I know, I can help prevent it.~ "Well, there's actually more." Older Trunks said. MTrunks looked up at him.

"What? How can there be? Mother is the only person I have left in this world. There cannot possibly be more pain given to me once the only person I love is dead!" MTrunks exclaimed as he felt tears threatening to fall but his saiyan pride wouldn't let them.

"There is another person you're going to meet. You're going to fall deeply in love with her." Older Trunks swallowed. It was so hard to talk about her. "After mom died, I felt there was no more reason to live until I met her. She became my one and only. But something happened, and well, what I'm trying to say is that when you meet her, don't ever let her go. No matter what happens. Do not let her go. Or else you will regret it for the rest of your life. Trust me, I still do, to this very day." MTrunks looked at him. He was a little confused. "I know it's time for you to go now to finish your mission. I'm sorry to have kept you for so long." Older Trunks said.

"No, thank you, for everything, for telling me about mother so that maybe this time, I can help her, and also for telling me not to let go of the girl I will fall in love with." MTrunks stood up and walked to the front door. "Thank you again." He was gone.

"I hope everything works out for you." The older Trunks whispered.

*********

~I need to think things through. But first, I better make sure the time machine is on the right coordinates this time.~ MTrunks thought, and headed off, in his time machine.

*********

Please let me know how it is so far. Well, I'm still fairly new at this and I'm trying my best to come up with some good ideas. Please review. Ciao for now!