Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rough Road To Happiness ❯ Finally! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey people! Thanks for your reviews! I'm sorry for not updating sooner but I have soooooo much homework. Actually from now on, I'll TRY to update every weekend, but I can't promise anything. Sorry. Also, it kind of sucks that FF.NET had to take off the NC-17 thing though. I wonder what people were complaining about though? It clearly states the rating before you have to read the story so if they read things they didn't want to, it's there own fault! Well, that's just my opinion. This chapter takes place a few months later so I could get the plot moving faster. Please read and review! Thanks.

~Chapter 4~

Four months have passed and things were going great. Pan was accepted as part of the family right away. She had to admit she liked things here a lot better than her old lifestyle. Bulma had insisted that Pan lived with them. She was glad she had accepted given her food every meal and a place to sleep every night. The relationship between Trunks and herself was going really well too. They had become extremely close these past few months and were very good friends after Pan had apologized many times for trying to take Trunks' money. Though it had taken her a long time, she had finally admitted to herself that she started to get more than friendly feelings for Trunks. She didn't act on it though, worrying it could ruin their friendship if he didn't return the feelings.

Trunks was very glad that Pan had agreed to stay there with them so that they could take care of her. He thought it was his duty since Gohan wasn't here anymore. But that wasn't the only reason. As much as he hated to admit it, he liked Pan a lot, but it was wrong. How could he let himself fall for her? Gohan would be so mad and he couldn't disrespect his old sensei like that. Trunks hated himself right now. Part of him wanted to forget about Pan and just concentrate on protecting her and the other part of him wanted nothing more but to make her his mate so that no one else could have her. It was tearing him apart and his mother seemed to notice.

"Trunks honey, what's the matter. You seem so distracted these days," Bulma asked one day.

"Nothing mom," Trunks said but knew it was useless to lie. Bulma could read him like a book.

"Don't give me that young man! Have you forgotten that I'm your mother and I raised you? I know when you are lying, especially to me. You always get a really guilty look on your face." Bulma crossed her arms. Trunks sighed, defeated.

"OK, I'm just going through a few problems in right now," Trunks gave, hoping his mother would be satisfied with that. But she wasn't.

"Does it have to do with a certain other saiyan that we are living with?" Trunks was shocked. How did she know? "Like I said Trunks, I'm your mother. I can see right through you." Bulma said, noticing the surprised look on his face.

"Wow, I knew you were good, but not that good," Trunks gave a tiny smile.

"I also still have a lot of tricks up my sleeve that you don't know about," Bulma returned his smile. "But I want to know what is up with you and Pan!" Trunks knew his mother wouldn't stop bothering him until he told her what was wrong. He took a deep breath.

"I started to have… feelings for Pan," he blurted. Bulma smiled.

"Continue."

"Well, not just like a crush, but really strong feelings. I really like her as more than just friends," Trunks looked at his mother.

"So what's the problem?" Bulma asked.

"I feel so confused. I mean, I like her enough to know that I even want to…," he stopped.

"What?"

"Take her as my mate," he looked away.

"Oh!" Bulma laughed. "Well, why don't you just talk to Pan about it. From what I can tell, she seems to like you a lot too."

"Really?!" Trunks broke into a grin but then it faltered. "But I can't do anything about it."

"Why on earth not?" Bulma demanded.

"Because of Gohan," he whispered.

"What about Gohan?"

"When he died, I thought it as my responsibility to find Pan and to protect her. Now, I'M

falling for her and I know Gohan would disapprove of it. I can't betray him like that! I would never forgive myself." Trunks bit his lips.

"Oh honey, it'll be all right. It looks like you didn't know Gohan as well as you thought. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Gohan once told me that he thought that if you and Pan were ever to get together, it would make him so relieved because he knew you were the only person in the world that could make sure that Pan was truly safe. You were the only one he would trust Pan with," Bulma gave him a big smile. Trunks looked at her disbelievingly.

"No way! He actually said that to you?" Trunks started to get really excited. He felt as if a whole weight was lifted off his shoulder. "You mean there maybe is a chance for me and Pan," Trunks started shaking Bulma's shoulder roughly, then stopped, "But that is, only if she even likes me."

"She does Trunks, trust me, she does. I can see it in her eyes whenever she looks at you." Trunks looked at his mom. ~When she gets that look in her eye, I know she's telling me the truth.~ he thought.

"Thanks mom," he gave her a hug, "You're the best. I have to go find her now. Bye!" Bulma laughed at how excited he looked. ~I'm glad I could help him. I hated seeing him so depressed.~

********

Trunks ran upstairs to Pan's room. "Pan!" he yelled as he pounded on her door.

"Hold on!" he heard her muffled voice on the other side of the door. The door swung open to reveal a freshly showered Pan. "Oh hey Trunks! What's up?" she asked while subtly checking him out.

"…Uh," He stuttered. He was at a loss of words. He's never asked out a girl before

in his life, since he spent most of it training to destroy the androids. ~Great, how do guys other guys do this all the time?~

"Yeah? You want something?" Pan waited.

"I want you," Trunks blurted out quickly before he could stop himself. Pan eyes widened.

"What?"

"I-I mean, well," Trunks mouth kept on opening and closing, "Pan, we've been pretty good friends for a while now right? Well, recently, I started to develop deeper feelings for you." Trunks looked away, waiting to be slapped, but it never came. He looked at her again. She looked shocked. ~Is this really happening?~ she asked herself. "Pan," Trunks said softly. Pan looked at him.

"What are you saying?" she asked, heart pounding.

"I'm saying that I like you as more than a friend and that I would like to ask you out," he braced himself for his answer.

"OK," she said softly.

"What?" he asked not sure if he heard her right.

"I said OK," Pan said louder this time, smiling at him.

"Really? You really want to go out with me?" Trunks asked just to make sure.

"Yes! I really want to go out with you," she laughed as she gave him a hug. They stayed in each other's embrace for a while longer, each enjoying the other's company. ~This feels so right.~ Trunks thought as he pulled her even closer and smiled.

A/N: Hey, how was this chapter? Please tell me in the review. Thanks!