Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rough Road To Happiness ❯ The Waking ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey people! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't claim or own anything.

~Chapter 3~

{ } means it's a dream

{It was dark. The only thing she could hear was screaming. Who is screaming, Pan wondered? She ran on and on, almost tripping over the many rocks that stood in her path. I can't let them get me. I have to keep moving, she thought. She was breathing hard and tears clouded her vision. A hand went up and brushed them away. No, how could she have let this happen? She tried to save them, but she was only a little girl. She didn't have the strength to save her parents from their destruction. Pan clutched the ring in her hand tightly.

"Panny. Don't cry sweetie. Everything will be OK." Her mother told her as she lay in a pool of blood. "You don't have to be afraid. Here, take this." A shaky hand reached up to give her daughter a ring. "Now, you will always have a part of me and your father with you. Be brave Panny. One day, peace will come back to us, I promise." She was then silenced forever.

Her mother's last words ran through her mind as a new set of tears ran freely down her face. There wasn't enough time for her to see the stone sticking out of the ground before she tripped. Pan landed hard on her knees and they were bloody. Laughter filled the air around her and she was paralyzed in fear. "No!!!" }

"No!!!" Pan screamed as she clutched her blanket tight around her and rolled around, traumatized, in her bed.

"Pan! Pan, wake up!" Trunks shouted as he shook her shoulders roughly. "Come on, snap out of it!" Pan slowly opened her eyes to see a pair of crystal blue eyes right above her.

"Where am I?" she asked and looked down at her new clothes. "What did you do to me? Did you undress me!!!??" Trunks blushed.

"Of course not! My mother changed your clothes for you. She had to run some tests on you to see if you were all right." Trunks exclaimed.

"Who are you? And why am I here? The last thing I remember is being in the city and I was attackin…oh." Her eyes grew big as she realized that the man in front of her was the one she had attacked.

"You should be grateful I brought you back here! I mean, especially since you attacked me! I knocked you out and brought you back here because well… you're Pan Son right?" He asked.

"How do you know my name?" Pan demanded.

"You told me! When you were attacking me, you said and I quote `I will beat you and take your money or my name isn't Pan Son' unquote," he defended.

"Are you an idiot or something? I attacked you! Why the hell did you bring me here and nurse me back to health?! I would have left you on the street to rot and have taken all your money." Trunks was offended.

"Well, gee, it's nice to know you care. Anyway, why were you screaming?" Pan stiffened.

"Nothing. I was just having a nightmare."

"It must have been one hell of one. You could be heard across the building."

"You still haven't told me where I am," Pan said after giving Trunks a dirty look.

"This is my home, Capsule Corporations."

"I still don't understand. Why did you bring me here?"

Trunks sighed. "It's a long story. I think maybe you should get better before I tell you. You look really tired."

"No! Tell me now! I demand to know right this instance!" she shouted.

"OK, OK! Calm down! I don't want my mom up here yelling at me for making you angry when you're sick," he took a deep breath and looked at the wall behind her, "You see, I…I knew your father."

"What? How could you? Dad never associated with people outside our family to keep us safe! Yeah right you knew him." Pan scoffed.

"It's true! He trained me when I was young so I could help with the androids. You know about your heritage right?"

"What heritage?" Pan lied. She didn't want to say anything about the saiyans since she wasn't sure if he knew about them or not. She didn't want to endanger herself.

"You know, the saiyans," he said the last part so quickly and soft that if she didn't have her acute saiyan hearing, she wouldn't have heard him.

"So, you really knew my dad after all huh? He must have told you about them," She believed him. After all, how else would he have known about saiyans?

"Not exactly," Trunks said slowly.

"What do you mean? How else could you know about an extinct race?"

"Well, I am a saiyan too." Pan was silent at first and then started to laugh.

"Yeah right! I'm the only person left in this world with saiyan blood running in my veins. There is no way you are a saiyan so don't even bother trying to lie to me!" Pan exclaimed.

"Look! It's true all right! My father was a saiyan that came to earth many years ago. He came to try to get his hands on the dragonballs to wish for immortality. A few years later, him and my mom got together and had me. He was killed by the androids along with everyone else," he sighed.

"I'm sorry," Pan whispered, "I know what it feels like to loose a parent. At least you didn't have to see him die," her voice cracked as she remembered her mom.

"I'm sorry too," Trunks told her and gave her a hug. She felt very safe in his arms and for some reason, even with her knowledge of the saiyans being extinct, she believed what he told her. ~Why do I feel like I can trust this guy so much? I just met him.~ Pan wondered.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but I didn't really feel like writing this right now. I'm very tired. Please review!!