Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyajin Law ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two

    Several weeks later, Vegeta's ship landed on the planet known as Earth. He exited the ship, already having formed a plan to catch the other Saiyajin's attention.  Vegeta took to the air, using his scouter to locate the nearest city. He soon found one to the west and headed in that direction without hesitation.

    Off in the mountains, a tall figure looked up at the arrival of a new and powerful ki before taking off into the air to investigate.

    Vegeta flew along his course, never faltering from the city. When he was about ten miles from reaching it, a tall green figure showed up, blocking his path. He stopped; maybe this creature would know where he could find the Saiyajin.
    The tall green being didn't say anything, but just floated there staring at Vegeta. Vegeta spoke first. “I'm looking for a Saiyajin, would you know where I could find the one I seek?”
    “Saiyajin? This is Earth, humans live here,” Piccolo replied bluntly, not even sure what the in the world a Saiyajin was.
    “There's a Saiyajin on this planet and I'm looking for it. They normally have spiky hair, tails…um…” Vegeta ran out of distinguishing traits for Saiyajins there.
    Piccolo stared at him and then, electing not to tell him about Goku, said, “Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.” And with that he flew off.
    Vegeta blinked, briefly puzzled by the green thing, and then continued on his former path to the city to follow through with his plan.
As he reached the outskirts of the city he began to power up his attack, letting it go on a building full of unsuspecting creatures he hadn't a clue about. He continued with this particular tactic until a ki blast hit him in the back of the head. He swung around, fixing upon the person responsible for his now aching head a glare.
    “What do you think you're doing?” came a voice from a man looking barely older than sixteen, his hair spiking up rather messily. He was standing on the ground, staring rather unhappily up at Vegeta.
    Vegeta floated down to Earth, now looking him over. <I>Well, he looks Saiyajin…</I> Vegeta thought,<I> but he has no tail.</I> “What's your name?” Vegeta asked the man now standing in front of him.
    “Goku,” he said, a bit puzzled by the other's change, going from killing everyone to asking for his name. He'd never fought anyone who'd done that before.
    Vegeta's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. <I>Goku? That's not a Saiyajin name. Well maybe he just took a name from this planet to blend in. </I>“Where is your tail?”
    “My tail? Oh, it was cut off a quite a few years ago…wait how did you know I had tail? Do I know you from somewhere?”
    “I am a Saiyajin, so it makes sense I would know of your tail. What is your Saiyajin name?” Vegeta said, getting annoyed by the other's antics.
    “You're a what?” Goku asked, tilting his head in confusion. “I don't have a Sa…u…hin name.”
    Vegeta growled; he was really starting to get him mad. “Quit playing games with me! Do you know who I am? I'm your prince!”
    Goku looked even more confused. “My…prince? Playing games with you? I'm not doing that…I really don't know what you're…”
    Vegeta threw a ki blast at Goku's head. Goku's eyes widened as he ducked to avoid it.<I> Apparently I've done something wrong…but I really don't know what he's talking about, </I>Goku thought as he avoided a punch from Vegeta. After a few minutes of Goku merely blocking Vegeta's attacks the prince was really angry.
    Goku decided it would be a good time to end it when a ki blast nearly took off his right ear. He dodged a messily thrown punch and kicked the prince in the temple, making him briefly see three or four Gokus. Vegeta staggered for a moment before his vision cleared again. “Now what do you want?” Goku demanded, a ki ball formed between his hands ready to be released if necessary. Vegeta didn't say anything, just stared at Goku for a moment.
    Goku looked puzzled again.  What was up with this guy? He didn't look angry any more. He wasn't glaring at him… Vegeta's eyes traveled up and down Goku's body once before returning to his face. <I>Did he just…is he checking me out?!</I> Goku was more than a little thrown by Vegeta's not-so-subtle once-over. <I>No, no, I must have just been…</I> Vegeta's eyes drifted down away from his face again. “Are you checking me out?” Goku asked, hoping the other man would deny it or something.
    Vegeta blinked. <I>Checking him out? What does that mean…?</I> He pulled out a small book of Earth phrases and started flipping through it… <I>Checking you out…checking you out…here it is… </I>Vegeta was confused by what the book said… “I am not a cashier…and I am not selling you anything…”
    Goku tried hard not to laugh. “Never mind,” he said, hiding his smile. This guy really wasn't from here… <I>Then maybe everything he was saying about me being a Saiyajin or whatever was true…or maybe he's insane,</I> Goku thought to himself, attempting to figure the shorter man out.
    In the battle they'd just had, Vegeta hadn't seen much of the other's ability, and to gauge his ability without a scouter, he'd need to. So he, without warning, ran forward and landed a punch on Goku's jaw. The other Saiyajin stood there for a moment before saying, “Hey that wasn't ver…” but he was cut off as Vegeta landed another punch, only this time in his gut. “Fine,” Goku said, getting serious.
    Goku threw some punches of his own, ki blasts were exchanged, blood was drawn and spilled. After a few hours of this, both were battered, bruised and exhausted, but neither was going to give up. Vegeta wiped blood from the corner of his mouth, spitting some more out onto the ground.
They stood there panting for a moment before Vegeta charged again. Goku dodged to the left, jumping up and firing a ki blast at the back of the prince's head. Vegeta fell to his knees. He couldn't keep on fighting right now; this other Saiyajin had beat him somehow, as much as he didn't want to admit. He let out a low growl before standing up and taking to the air, not saying anything to Goku before he left.
    Goku stared after Vegeta for a moment. Well, he hadn't seen that coming. Unable to fly himself, Goku did not follow. Chi Chi would already be mad at him for being all bloody and beaten up; he might as well not have her mad at him for being late to dinner too.

    Vegeta growled again as he washed his wounds in a stream he'd found. He would not be the weaker in a pairing; he didn't care what his father's law said. He'd just have to fight him again when he'd healed. That would only take a day, two at the most; none of his injuries were serious. He lay back on the bank, looking at the sky. The colors at sunset on this planet made him thing of Vegetasei; though the colors were lighter, they were very similar.
    He faded into sleep, and just before he was completely in the grasp of the Sandman, a conversation he'd had with Raditsu came back to him.
“Do you think there are any other Saiyajins out there?” the prince had asked.
    “Well…my younger brother, Kakarrot, was sent off to a backwater planet called Earth the day Vegetasei was destroyed. So I guess that means there could be.  Well, I mean, there has to be at least one.”
    The prince had nodded before walking off; relieved he may be able to find someone other than Nappa to mate with.