Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slices of Life ❯ Suo Gan ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Suo Gan
200 Word Drabble - by Lady Lark
~*~
He didn't know that she knew.  She'd first noticed him lurking outside of Trunks' bedroom door when the child was only a few weeks old.  She didn't say anything, and continued singing the old lullaby her mother sung to her when she was a little girl.
She expected a sarcastic comment or two later, and when none came she was surprised.  Surprised and intrigued.  So she dismissed it as a fluke.  Until a few nights later, when she glimpsed a flash of a pink sleeve.  Again, he said nothing.  So she did the same, but she often observed him listening outside of the door while she sang Trunks to sleep.
She didn't know why she started to sing to him, some newly awakened mothering instinct, perhaps. But every night, after he dragged himself to their shared bed and collapsed in utter exhaustion, she held him in her arms.  Stroking the sharp planes of his face, she gathered him to her breast and sung to him: soft lullabies, light airs, and old ballads. 
She watched as the tension eased from his shoulders and his breathing deepened.  Slowly, his lips curved up into a gentle smile, and her heart was at peace.
~*~
AN:  The second in my series of related Drabbles based on the challenge All Through the Night.  Suo Gan is another traditional Welsh Lullaby it is heard in Empire of the Sun.   This one is from Bulma's point of view, if you couldn't tell.  The Melody to this lullaby is quite possibly the most beautiful pieces of music.  Timeless and plaintive.  The lyrics can be found at the following link.
http://www.contemplator.com/wales/lullaby.html