Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slices of Life ❯ Disturb Not Her Dream ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disturb not her Dream
200 Word Drabble - by Lady Lark
~*~
As usual, he woke before her, the sun barely peeking over the horizon.  Night was releasing her hold on the world reluctantly.  Carefully he shifted in her embrace, so that he could watch her sleep. 
He never failed to wonder how he could feel so completely safe in her arms.  Vegeta, one of the strongest beings in the universe, feeling safe enfolded in the arms of a creature of pitiful strength.  It was ludicrous.  Yet true. 
He could not deny that he took pleasure in watching her sleep.  That this female could snuggle against his chest, listening to a heart that was as black as pitch, filled him with a sense of awe and wonderment. 
Shifting once more, he brought one hand up to push back the sleep-tousled curls from her face.  She moaned and leaned into his hand.  The sound made something tighten within his chest.  
“Ummmm, Vegeta,” she murmured, nuzzling against his hand. 
“Shhhhhh, woman.  Go back to sleep.”
“'M'kay,” she agreed, a smile crossing her lips.  Arms snaked around his waist, and unconsciously he pulled her closer.
That morning, he made a vow.  No matter what came to pass, he would do nothing to disturb her dreams.
 
~*~
AN:  This is the third and final drabble for the All Through the Night Series.  The story is inspired by a song by Robert Burns, quite possibly the most famous Scottish Poet.  It is sung to the tune of “Away in the Manger” and once again I have provided a link to the lyrics below.
I have fun writing these Short little fics and I really don't expect others to read them since they are often too short for most people's tastes.  For those of you who have made it through all eleven parts so far.  I salute you.  Hopefully you have found something to your tastes here.  ^_^
 
http://www.contemplator.com/scotland/afton.html