Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slices of Life ❯ Tenses ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Dragonball Z was created by Akira Toriyama and distributed by a lot of other people/companies that are not me. No profit was made from the production of this fanwork.
 
Tenses
by LadyLark
~*~
 
She will be a good mother.
 
She will hold her child in her arms, crooning soft lullabies while he listens in the shadows, wondering at their meanings. She will miss a note. She is not a good singer. But she will go on, because she will know that her baby doesn't mind. Even if her mate does.
 
She will be right, as she often is. Because his son will smile and wave his fists hinting at the warrior he will become. He will be proud of his young son and he will try to be the best father he knows how to be.
 
Some nights, she will glance up at him, her bright eyes seeking his dark ones. They will be full of promise and warmth. He will wonder what he did to deserve such love and devotion.
 
He will not understand
 
~*~
 
He isn't able to figure her out.
 
He doesn't want to see it. All he sees is a loud, pushy woman who barges past his carefully constructed defenses around his heart. He doesn't want to feel anything for her. But he does. He wants her. He wants her to be his. He hates the scarred warrior who is her mate. He loathes the way she smiles at the human. He doesn't know why he cares.
 
He retreats to the emptiness of space. It helps.
 
He kills the underlings of his oppressor. It helps him forget.
 
~*~
 
He remembered when he first saw her. She was cowering behind the bald midget like he could protect her.
 
It angered him. Her weakness and baldy's cowardice was infuriating. He contemplated destroying them right there. But he was stopped, by Zarbon. The fight was short and brutal and he lost.
 
But it was that loss which lead to his greatest gain.
 
He just didn't know it.
 
~*~
 
An: I've had this thing sitting on my computer for ages. It started as an attempt to explain to someone that you can write a fic in the future tense - even though it doesn't work that well. This thing is a pure experiment and I honestly don't think it is that great - but I thought that I would share if only to prove I actually wrote something in the future tense.