Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ So Many Steps to Death... ❯ Just Another Day: The Mystery of Lonliness ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Notes: Where ever this (§§) appears, there's an outfit… Some song stuff near the end…Though it's a duet, I do not list who sings what part until the end.

~

With a *pop*, the little group was transported to a sidewalk just outside a movie theater. Most of the people in line (that were in front of them) casually looked over their shoulders, but did not seem surprised---until they saw Piccolo. People stared at the sheer height of him, some girls loudly giggled to each other, and some people actually had the nerve to scream. Piccolo glared at them all, especially at one fellow fussing with his camera. His hand shot out and smashed the thing to pieces. At the front of the group as usual, Futomi looked up at the titles.

"What movie?" she asked Sotari and Piccolo, who were looking down at their clothes.

(§§) Sotari was changed, but Piccolo and Jito weren't. While they still sported the same attire as before, Sotari had now jeans, shoes, a t-shirt, and a denim jacket that were pink and black. Her hair was tied up quite nicely in twin buns. Futomi, of course, wore a different outfit: well-worn, ocean-blue jeans, a white, collared shirt with thin pink and purple stripes, and white shoes. Her cat ears hadn't disappeared, so her short, neat hair hung loosely and a bit above her shoulders.

"Eh? Movie?" Sotari looked around, taking in the new surrounding.

"How about you, Piccolo?" Futomi grinned.

Piccolo didn't say anything.

"Okay!" Futomi said to the guy in the ticket booth, "We'll watch…Oooh!! Shrek is on!?"

"We're running a special…" droned the guy, but Futomi interrupted him.

"Four for Shrek!!!" she shrieked, and bag of gold coins appeared and hovered above the guy's head.

"That's…" began the guy.

The bag fell on his head, and the bag burst open. In a bright yellow shower of money, the guy disappeared from the counter. Coins scattered all over on the floor of the booth and some landed on the counter.

"Uuuuhhh…"

A shaking hand slowly emerged, and grasped the counter. Another came, and touched two red buttons. A small string of tickets popped out from a slot while the noise of ear-splitting *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* rang all around them. The people behind the group ducked and covered their heads.

"It's a fire alarm!!"

"Security…!"

"Save us!"

"Mom!!!"

Futomi grinned wider than ever and snatched the printed tickets. She marched towards some swinging doors into the theater, and Piccolo, Sotari, and Jito hurriedly followed.

"THANK YOU!!!!" shrieked Futomi over her shoulder, and the other three jumped.

Sotari pushed ahead of them, Piccolo right behind her. Jito looked at Futomi with a stern look, and his fingers stuck in his ears.

"FUTOMI!!!" he shouted over the *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*, "FUTOMI, YOU'RE SUCH A SILLY ASS!!!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Futomi squealed, clutched the tickets to her heart and her eyes watery, "JIIIIIIITOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!"

"IT'S THE TRUTH, NOW STOP…"

Futomi lunged forward and tackled Jito, her arms wrapped tightly around his like a vice.

"I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jito was slammed on the ground, and his electric blue eyes were stunned.

"WHAT?"

The crazy love goddess buried her face in his shirt.

"I love ya!" she repeated a little quieter, "Mmmmm…You smell nice."

The corner of Jito's mouth twitched. He felt extremely uncomfortable, lying there on the filthy concrete ground, and Futomi going crazy. No doubt he was like a dazed deer thrown into headlights and had gotten run over by a truck of some kind. The only difference was that the truck happened to be on top of him instead of burning its tire tracks on some road. Jito was dimly aware of somebody taking his picture and others walking by with widened shocked expressions. Then, someone seemed to walk towards him with light footsteps, and then stop right by his head. Jito's eyes looked up, and saw Sotari. He grinned quite sheepishly.

"Hello…" he said lightly.

"HI!!" Futomi yelled, lifting her head and her eyes glittering, "Jito loves me!!!"

"Um…"

"And we're gonna go out!!"

"Um…"

Sotari held out her hand.

"Tickets," she said curtly.

Both of Jito's eyebrows went up.

"Eh?"

Futomi held them up.

"I got it, I got it!!" she said in a musical voice.

Sotari snatched them and ripped off two of the strip. She promptly turned around and dropped the other two by Jito's head.

"When you feel like it," she said a little coldly, "Come join us."

"What's…" Futomi started, but Jito somehow leapt up, tickets in hand.

"Come on," he said, grabbing her hand, "We'll miss the movie."

The two got there, and the previews were still running. They sat down a couple rows behind Sotari and Piccolo (sitting together, but reasonably apart), armed with drinks and popcorn. Sotari raised an eyebrow when she saw the popcorn.

"What…" she began.

"Popcorn?" Futomi tossed a few kernels in her mouth, then before Sotari could say anything else: "They're at the concession."

Sotari looked at Piccolo.

"Hey, Namekian, get---"

Futomi wagged a finger at her.

"Manners!"

Sotari flushed. Piccolo raised an eyebrow.

"Get me some popcorn," said Sotari, then grudgingly: "And a drink (Coca-Cola, if you please)?"

Piccolo grunted and grudgingly rose from his seat, to the annoyance of a few people. The Namekian ignored him and went out. The concession was empty, save for a person behind the counter. Piccolo marched right up it. A guy in a scary ski mask was there, scooping some money in a large popcorn bucket. He spotted Piccolo and raised his gun.

"Put your hands…" a guy started to say, and then stared at Piccolo, "…In…Air?"

"Medium popcorn," Piccolo ordered, leaning on the counter with one hand, "Medium Coca-Cola."

The guy grabbed the popcorn bucket and handed it to Piccolo.

"Here."

"What?" Piccolo raised an eyebrow.

"Take it."

"I only wanted popcorn and Coke."

"Oh, that, too?" the guy whipped them out in flash, "Here. No, no, it's on me."

The guy quickly disappeared. Piccolo blinked.

"Okay…"

He turned back to the theater. The movie was just about to begin when he finally slid beside Sotari.

"Here."

Sotari took the popcorn, her eyes glued to the screen. Piccolo frowned. He looked at the screen. Some green guy was talking to himself in an outhouse.

"What's the point of that?"

"Sssssshhhhhh!!!!" hissed someone behind Piccolo.

"What did I…"

"SSSsssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

A few popcorn kernels bounced off the back of Piccolo's smooth head. He twisted himself around and shot laser beams in the darkness. There was a small scream, and a dark figure in a scary ski mask (that was on fire) started running up the isle waving his arms. Some cops ran after him, and Piccolo shrugged his shoulders. He turned back to the movie.

~

"Welcome to Du-Loc, such a perfect town! Here we have some rules, let us lay them down…"

Piccolo leaned forward and lay his head on the seat in front. Those screechy kid voices were hurting his ears. The poor Namekian started softly banging his head on the seat.

"Make them stop, make them stop…" he moaned loudly.

"SSsssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" said somebody in front of them.

"Shut up," snapped Piccolo, his eyes glowing red.

More laser beams. Another shriek.

"…Please keep off the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your---face!"

Piccolo looked at Sotari.

"I'm going to get popcorn."

He shoved his way out of the row, upsetting quite a few people's sodas and popcorn buckets.

"Du-Loc is, Du-Loc is, Du-Loc is a perfect town!"

(^o^) Piccolo was almost out the lobby door when he ran into someone. That someone squealed, and Piccolo looked down, terribly irritated. The sight that greeted him didn't surprise him any: a girl with large blue eyes. Her hair was a freaky color for a human; aquamarine, really. Piccolo frowned slightly.

"Bulma?" he said half-aloud.

"What?" the girl looked up, and her eyes sparkled in the darkness.

She suddenly threw her arms around his waist. Piccolo's face flushed a bright purple in the darkness.

"Hey, baby," she said in highest, most female voice, "You're so cute and dreamy…"

Piccolo blinked. It took him at least two seconds to register what was going on. The girl's eyes looked scary in the dark.

"I just came in here with my date, but let's forget about him!" said the girl, looking up at Piccolo and slipping her arm around his, "My name's Maron, what's yours?"

"…"

"Ooh, shy, aren't we?"

Maron's eyes twinkled. Piccolo was trying to keep his composure.

"…"

The other started gently dragging Piccolo to the door.

"Let's go somewhere quiet…"

"Um…I have a date in the 5th row…"

Maron didn't even blink.

"Oh, we can leave her! She's an ugly witch, isn't she? Bet it was a blind date, wasn't it? And now you're tired of her, right? Well, aren't you lucky you ran into me…"

They were out in the lobby. Piccolo's chances of being rescued were now minimal. Sotari was too absorbed in her now-favorite movie.

"No, really, I…"

Piccolo started dragging Maron back to the theater. Maron tried pulling him back, but he marched on until he reached his row. Sotari saw in the middle of the row, her eyes wide and her mouth mindlessly eating popcorn.

"I'm on my way! To victory and happiness to be…Uh-huh-uh-huh! Yeah! I'm on my way…" [sang the screen]

Piccolo took only a moment to started going through the sea of people sitting in the row. Objections, popcorn, and spilled soda didn't stop him, and most of the abuse (and food) found Maron (who looked rather sad…). By the time they reached Sotari, Maron was a sorry mess, with popcorn in her hair, soda soaked and dripping down the front of her clothes, and a lollipop some kid stuck in her hair. Sotari didn't even notice them.

"Sotari!" Piccolo barked.

"…"

"Sotari!"

"…"

"HEY!"

People were staring now. Piccolo knelt down and grabbed Sotari's arm. She jerked her head around.

"Wha…?"

Piccolo leaned forward and kissed her.

"OH MY GOD!" Futomi shrieked somewhere in the back, "OH MY GOD!"

There were tears streaming down Futomi's face and her eyes sparkled.

"I'M SO HAPPY!!!"

Some of the audience cheered, but a few spoil-sports wanted to get back to the movie. Sotari was one of these spoil-sports. She slapped Piccolo. Piccolo pulled away [a couple seconds later].

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!" Sotari screamed at Piccolo.

Piccolo blinked (as if he didn't know what he did!). Sotari stood up, rose in the air, and flew out of the theater. Piccolo still blinked in amazement. Jito glanced at his watch.

"We should be going anyway…"

Futomi was terribly disappointed. She cried out in a whiny, high-pitched voice as twin streams of tears ran down her face.

"WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I thought they were finally getting together!"

Jito let himself pat her shoulder.

"It'll turn out," he said, "Just cross your fingers."

~

8:05pm (they spent the time running around looking for Sotari-----quite uneventful):

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIM!"

Sotari jerked her head to the right. Futomi winced.

"Please, Sotari," she pleaded, "Hold still."

"I don't even know WHY I let him kiss me!"

The half-Saiyajin turned her head the other way. The other sharply let two twin tufts of air from her nose.

"Look, I'm trying to do your hair right now!" Futomi said in a controlled voice, "I can't do it while you're tossing your head this way and that and…"

Sotari looked straight ahead. Futomi sighed, and smiled a very tired smile. She went back to work pinning Sotari's hair.

"Aren't YOU going to dress up?" Sotari asked Futomi rudely.

Futomi looked pained, but also angry.

"This is YOUR date, not mine," she retorted.

"It should be!" Sotari replied hotly.

"And it isn't!"

"It can't be!"

"It is!"

Futomi stomped over to a mannequin. She yanked a dress off it and came back.

"Here!" she said carelessly, tossing the dress to Sotari.

Sotari went over to a three-sided folding mirror and grudgingly slipped the dress on. (§§) It was slim-fitting, long-sleeved, stretchy, and white with sparkles all over. There was a nice slit about five inches above Sotari's right knee. Her shoes were white and had pearls sewn into them. Sotari looked into the mirror.

"OH MY GOD!" she shrieked.

"WHAT?"

Futomi leapt over to Sotari in single bound. However, she slipped on something she left on the floor and made a grab----at Sotari's dress.

*R-R-R-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-P-P!!!!!!!!*

A gaping hole had arisen now, from the armpit to the hip, and posed a serious problem.

"IT'S A SIGN!" shrieked Futomi, waving her arms, "A SIGN YOU SHOULDN'T GO OUT WITH PICCOLO!!!"

Sotari looked expressionless.

"Then…then…" gasped Futomi, "Oh my god! Then I can't go out with Jito! And we'll never be able to date and fall in love and…"

She looked at Sotari, as if waiting for another sign. Sotari rolled her eyes and then gave Futomi a 'let's-be-serious-now-child' stare.

"I don't believe in signs," she said, but Futomi burst out again.

"IT'S A SIGN, IT'S A SIGN!!!!"

Sotari sighed and took off the dress. She walked over to a wall closet and slid open the doors. A single row of dresses were hung in front of her, each organized into sections according to whatever-order-that-made-sense-only-to-Futomi. Sotari quickly started going through them, tossing out a few every now and then over her shoulder to the floor. When she realized that the shoes were below the dresses on the floor of the closet, she did the same. Behind her, Futomi wept.

"No! You can't do that! Don't you see that-----ack! Those were in order! Put them back!"

The half-Saiyajin remained oblivious.

"There has to be something in here," she muttered, then casting a careless glancing glare at Futomi, "One that doesn't have the following…"

Futomi moaned as Sotari counted off a number of 'unsuitable' things for a dress. Eventually, Sotari snatched something from the closet and held it up. It was the perfect example of all things Sotari hated…

"…THIS THING IS HIDEOUS…"

Futomi gave an ear-splitting shriek, "THAT'S MINE!!!"

(§§) The dress was pink (obviously), with plunging neckline, and sparkly with sequins. There was a pink feathery boa, too. Sotari glared at the outfit and her eyes started turning bright neon pink. Twin ray beams shot out from her eyes, and the dress caught on fire. Futomi screamed as Sotari dropped it on the floor and started sifting through the pile of accumulated dresses and shoes on the floor. Eventually, she held one up… Futomi let out another ear-piercing shriek.

"OHMYGODTHAT'SEVENBETTERTHANTHELASTONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sotari smirked, but not for long. Futomi lunged and made a grab at Sotari's ankle. Sotari was swept from her feet and was dragged back to the chair.

"Come on!" Futomi said, when Sotari had mysteriously appeared in the chair again, "We have to fix your hair!!"

Sotari groaned as Futomi took out all the pins and stuck them in her mouth.

"Not again…"

~

[…Meanwhile…]

Jito had his back to Piccolo, holding up two separate packages in each hand.

"Boxers or Briefs?" he asked carelessly.

In his mental mind, Jito could visualize Piccolo standing nude behind him, looking totally pissed.

"Humans wear them---" Jito started to argue, "And it's indecent to go around without---"

Piccolo spat on the ground.

Bad sign, Jito thought, then said aloud, "Why didn't you tell me earlier you didn't wear any underwear!? At this rate, we're going to late!"

Piccolo still didn't answer.

"Come on…" Jito wanted to look over his shoulder, but he knew Piccolo would probably blast him to pieces----if the Namekian wasn't going to right now, while Jito had his back turned.

Piccolo spat at one of the packages. Jito dropped it.

"Okay…" he said a little uneasily, "We won't have those…"

He tossed the other package (that was dry) over his shoulder, while landed in front of Piccolo. Piccolo glared at them.

<Why should I?> he demanded mentally.

"Suppose you get drunk," Jito said, "And you get out of your head and decide to do something crazy…"

A small, 'I-am-not-amused' chuckle came from Piccolo. Jito altered his tactics. He nonchalantly (or so he looked) went to the mannequin that was wearing Piccolo's tuxedo. When Jito thought it safe to turn around, he turned around with the suit on the hanger. His jaw suddenly dropped in shock. Piccolo (still refusing to wear underwear) was leaning against a counter and drowning down the bottle of dry white burgundy. Jito's eyes widened at how quickly the Namekien drank. He wondered, for a split second, whether Namekians got drunk…

"We were all lost sheep!" Piccolo suddenly burst into song, "Goin'----baa, baaa, baaaa!!"

Jito rushed forward, dropping the tuxedo on the floor and swooping up a pair of boxers. Covering his eyes in one hand, he waved the boxers in the other hand in front of Piccolo.

"FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE," he yelled, "PUT THESE ON!"

Jito felt the clothing leave his hands. He waited a couple seconds, then dared a peek.

"There was a boat at sea! A boat at sea! King of Nipples going drunk-------On the island where nobody knows----doodoodoodoodoo!!!"

Jito put his hand in his face and groaned as Piccolo pranced around the room with a pair of boxers on his head, a towel tied around his neck, and mismatched socks on his feet.

"PICCOLO!" said Jito, still covering his eyes.

"See the little goblin, see his little feet! See his little nose-y-wosey, this is the goblin suite!"

"HEY!"

Jito briefly uncovered his eyes and threw the mannequin at Piccolo's head. It hit him quite accurately, and Piccolo fell flat on his face, but was still muttering a few songs…

~

[8:35pm, at 'Sakurasoo', a restaurant by a seaside…]

Piccolo stumbled into the main dining room, leaning on Jito's shoulder and still saying a few songs under his breath. Jito staggered and was nearly crushed to the floor by the sheer weight of the Namekian.

"God, I'm never doing this job again…" Jito muttered under his breath.

He desperately looked around for Futomi.

"Where the hell is she!? She was supposed to be here…"

Futomi suddenly appeared out of nowhere. (§§) She was dressed in very low-cut ocean blue dress that had no straps or sleeves, and had a wrinkled-type, poofy skirt. Her hair was done up in a bun. Sotari was nowhere in sight. Futomi looked exasperated.

"Where were you!?" she whispered fiercely at Jito, "Sotari and I have been waiting for over six minutes!"

Jito glared at her.

"You drive me craazy! I just can't sleep! I'm so excited-in too deep! Oh-oh craazy! But it feels all riiight! Thinkin' of you keeps me up all night…" [sang Piccolo]

Futomi's eyes widened.

"What did he just say?"

Piccolo sang something rude. Futomi's eyes looked ready to pop.

"Should he be out in public???" she asked Jito, "And what in the world is he singing now-----something about 'a dicky Dido'??"

Jito turned pink.

"Oh yes---it's a lovely hymn---isn't it?" he said a little nervously.

Futomi gave him a funny look.

"Riiiiight…Whatever you say…" she said, searching in her purse.

She pulled out a glass bottle of tablets.

"Here," she said, shoving the bottle in Jito's hand, "He should take these---"

Futomi disappeared. Jito managed to put Piccolo in a chair at their table. He unscrewed the cap and shook some pills into his hand. They were the size of horse pills! Jito looked at Piccolo.

"Can you----" he started to say, but Piccolo banged the table.

"Fish!"

A waiter appeared with a menu.

"Fish?" the waiter said, "What kind? We have…"

"Um, can we just have some water first?" Jito said quickly, then taking a glance at Piccolo, "And give him a large one----"

"Large one!" Piccolo exclaimed, "Wahey, get it? Sounds a bit rude----doesn't it? Large one----sounds a bit like 'bum'!"

The waiter was silent. Jito turned pink.

"Yes…He's a bit out of it now…"

The waiter nodded and went to get water. He returned shortly. Jito forced three of the pills down Piccolo's throat with some water. Piccolo choked, spat up two pills, and his head hit the table with a loud *thud!*. Jito froze.

"Oh my god, he's not…" Jito checked Piccolo's pulse.

Normal---he hoped.

"Christ, what am I going to…"

"Yoohoo!"

Jito sharply jerked his head right, and was stunned to see Futomi again so soon. Futomi was up on a stage with a band, holding a microphone up to her mouth. She smiled as people stared at her. Her dress sparkled.

"I would like to present to you, the star of the evening…" Futomi grew a little pink, "Cheval Sotari!"

A song suddenly blasted from the loud speakers. Jito didn't notice Piccolo suddenly jerk his head up as Sotari appeared on stage. There were a few ooh's and aah's, and Futomi clapped enthusiastically.

*

Tu cosa fai stasera?
Rimani ancora un pò
sarà quest' atmosfera
ma non mi dire di no

*

(§§) Sotari came out all dressed in white (hint hint). The dress was reasonably low-cut, sleeveless, strapless, and the skirt ended slightly high on the thigh. There was a peacock-like train on the back that lifted off the ground. Her shoes were plain, her gloves white and not quite up to her elbow, and her hair was loose and gently gelled. Her face sparkled a little from some glitter Futomi rubbed on her face. She made an effort to smile… A very painful smile; she was biting her lip the tiniest bit. The lady Saiyajin's eyes searched the audience, suddenly wondering…

*

Per farti prigioniero
qualcosa inventerò
ma che bisogno c'era
di amarti subito un pò

*

Piccolo stood up from the table and straightened his jacket, trying to regain some of his composure. All of a sudden, there wasn't any reason to be drunk anymore… It was only he and her there, and everything was suspended for their sake. Sotari stopped biting her lip; instead, she let her mouth hang open, just a little, so she seemed pleasantly surprised… Piccolo cleared his throat, wondering for something to say.

*

Questo giorno è una pazzia
ma la luna è amica mia
se ti resta un sogno da buttare via
soli in mezzo a una città
Solo amici e poi chissà

*

It seemed that some different music had come on, but neither noticed. The song sounded dim and dull; very unimportant. A bright light shone on Sotari, and all her glitter and sparkles sent dozens of bouncing stars. Another [bright light] was centered on Piccolo, whose wondrous eyes were staring into Sotari's.

*

Poi non basta mai
tante cose da dirsi
e baciarsi e capirsi e stringersi
poi non basta mai
si fa tardi ma dai
dove corri a quest'ora?

*

Futomi's eyes twinkled in the semi-darkness. She was holding a pink microphone and singing.

*

Just show me how to love you
Io non ti lascio più
gabbiano di scogliera,
io sto, una favola, e tu?
Just show me how to love you

*

Sotari gingerly stepped off the stage, not wanting to slip and fall on her face. As if in a trance, Piccolo took a step forward. They simultaneously took the next and the next…till they were only about a three or four feet from each other on the dance floor. People danced all around them, but they still did not dance.

*

Fame o febbre o quel che sia
mi ci sento a casa mia
dentro questo sogno da buttare via
non mi sembra vero ma
sembra un'altra la città

*

Sotari lower her head, but her eyes shone. A demure smile played across her lips.

"Shall we dance?"

Piccolo hesitated.

*

E non basta mai
tante cose da dirsi
e baciarsi e capirsi e stringersi
e non basta mai
è già tardi ma dai
dove torni a quest'ora?

*

Her eyes twinkled. Obviously, she had guessed he didn't know how to dance.

*

Just show me how to love you
E ci ridiamo su
gabbiano di scogliera
ma dov'êri nascosto'
dov'êri finora?

*

She held out her hand. Piccolo brusquely took it in his, and then, in a very abrupt, yet courteous, manner, he knelt on one knee and kissed her hand.

*

Tu cosa fai stasera?
Ci ridiamo su
magari un'altra sera
ed è già domattina
e la luna la spegni tu!

*

"It," he said gallantly in Piccolo-fashion, "Would be an honor."

~

Further Notes:

Dido----No, it doesn't have anything to do with the British singer, Dido…If it did, she'd be pretty mad at me.

Cheval----I notice that many of the DBZ characters don't have surnames…So I got the French word for 'horse' and made it Sotari's last name.

**Sarah Brightman & José Cura - "Just show me how to love you (Tu cosa fai stasera)", Translation:

Sarah:

What are you doing this evening?
Stay a little longer
it must be this place
but don't say "no"

I will invent something
to hold you prisoner
what a need there was
to love you a little so quickly?

José:

Today's a crazy day
but the moon is my friend
if you still have a dream to throw away
us alone in the centre of a city
Just friends and then who knows?

But it's never enough
so many things to tell each other
and kiss, understand one another, hold one another
but it's never enough
and it's late, but so what?
where are you hurrying to at this hour?

Both:

Just show me how to love you
I will never leave you again
I, a seagull on the rocks,
will be like a fairy-tale, and you?
Just show me how to love you

Sarah:

Hunger or fever or whatever
I feel at home
inside this dream to throw away
it doesn't seem true but
seems another city

José:

And it's never enough
so many things to tell each other
and kiss, understand one another, hold one another
and it's never enough
it's already late, but so what?
where are you going to this hour?

Both:

Just show me how to love you
and we'll laugh about it
like a seagull on the rocks
but where were you hiding?
where were you until now?

Sarah:

What are you doing this evening?
We'll laugh about it
perhaps another evening
it's already morning
the moon is sent away by you!