Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Son Against Father ❯ Waitin around ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Son Vs Father

By Silvertress

Input by Cheeto (my little bro)

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z any part what so ever.

Authors Note: Sorry this took so long to get out. But now I'm determined to finish it. Look at my profile to see when it'll be updated next. ~~Here's an answer to a question people have been asking me. Goten is a live in this fanfiction to create character and plot development. Also Chichi was already half a month along with him when Goku was captured by the Saijins. That means he was born 8 and a half months after Goku was taken away. (Remember in fanfiction the story doesn't always follow the timeline of the show..)~~

Thanks ;) Please R&R…enjoy;)

The wind blew fiercely against Gohan's body as he gazed over the edge of Kami's Look Out. Ignoring his weighted gi rustling around or his cape going every which way. All he could focus on were the four strong powers that were coming towards earth.

"They're about a day away and I can feel them." Gohan said not moving. "This waiting is intolerable. Like the calm before the storm."

"We've done all we can. No use tiring our bodies with more training right prior to when they arrive." Said a voice from behind him.

"Piccolo I know. But still…" Gohan said still starring out into the distance. "You wait so long for something to come and focus on it. But you never really wonder what will happen after. Looking at the positive. I survive and he survives we become a family with Mom and Goten. But can we? Will Dad be the same? How much has he changed? How can he or I even settle down for a normal life? The thing is all this time I have focused on the task so as not to think of these questions."

"Gohan, you know what I have told you. We don't know what's going to happen. You don't tamper with fait." The Namekian said walking to the side of his student.

"Not that again. Fait, destiny… Do they really exist or do we create it. How can some starve while others have too much? Some with no family, others with an unappreciated one? Some would go insane if they thought it didn't while other's say they control their own lives. What if the truth of all this is the most convenient or necessary idea is the one that is true to the person? Heh heh." Look now all I speaking is gibberish. Gohan sighed turning towards his mentor.

" I don't have the answer to that." Piccolo said quietly "I don't even think Kami knows. The point is take what is given to you, and do the best you can with it. Yes, life is unfair, that's something every being has to deal with in their own way." He said turning away and walking towards a small building further along on the Look Out.

Gohan silently followed. Life is unfair…I learned that lesson a long time ago. Gohan thought to himself rubbing a deep scar that was going down his cheek.

Flash Back: Gohan stood before his opponent Piccolo at about ten. He was winning the fight overpowering all his teachers' attacks. Matching him punch for punch. Suddenly Piccolo's ki started rising. He heard a yell coming from the back of his mentor's throat as he focused more of his power. Gohan's coal black eyes grew wide. He was already at full power. How could he possibly win? He had thought. He was so sure that he had overcome his mentor for the first time in his life. Now he sensed he had no chance compared to the Namekian's power. He now had to shelter his eyes from all the dust blowing from the newly released energy. He tried flying backward to get away from it. Until…Boom. Gohan could barley breath he was pinned against one of the mass of rock that dotted the training ground they had been using. He felt pain everywhere especially in a new deep gash in his cheek. Form the fist of Piccolo. Piccolo had punched him right in the face when he was trying to get away from the tornado of dust.

"What have I told you before kid. There is no backing away from some damn dust cloud." Piccolo yelled harshly coming in for another attack.

Gohan had known he was in trouble. This would be an ending impact for today's sparring. But he had come so close to beating him. Something suddenly snapped inside of him. From somewhere deep inside himself a great amount of energy was released or awakened he didn't know. He started to scream as he gathered it. He could barely control it. It took all he had just to keep his body from being ripped apart.

Piccolo floated in mid attack. Watching his pupil's eye's flicker teal and hair gold. He was shocked at the amount of power he had suddenly gained. He was aware of the kid's hidden power. But he didn't think it was this big.

Gohan finally started to get his ki under control. Piccolo was just floating there starring. This was his chance he thought. With a new level of speed he flew in and using a fist of both hands he brought his hands upon the top of his head. He watched as his mentor fell to earth. He was speechless. He had won. Him Gohan Son had won a match against the thought priory invincible teacher. After he collected this thought he started to descend to earth to check on Piccolo. Who was sitting in a crater rubbing his head from his impact with the ground and his student's fist.

End of Flash Back

That was the first time it happened. Piccolo was so astonished. The problem was learning to control it and power down… He laughed remembering the first time he tried to power down and it didn't work…I was so scared I would be stuck that way forever. Never getting back to normal. The odd thing is I prefer this form better now.

"Good your dad's friends succeeded in getting all of them. Hey kid what are you laughing at?" Piccolo said pointing to the seven dragon balls that lay in a circle on the floor of the small room.

"Nothing…" Gohan said his voice almost cracking. "Whoa, I never have seen them all together before." Gohan strode towards one with four stars on it. He picked it up and looked at it. It glimmered unusually in the sun that the door to the room let in.

" It's too hide it from the Saijins and just in case someone dies." Piccolo said looking at him curiously

" Then I can't let anything happen can I?" Gohan almost laughed. As the Namekian started to what seemed their form of blushing, his face turning a darker shade of green. "Piccolo you know I never let anything happen to you. You're like a father to me. My teacher, mentor, best friend, if I lost you I don't know what I'd do." Gohan said sincerely.

"Same here kid." Piccolo replied. "We should go get ready." He said trying to change the subject. Gohan knew how his Mentor didn't like to show his true emotions. All Gohan could do was nod, and follow.

~!~

"That's Goku's kid?" That was the main question Gohan had heard all morning. It was the first time his father's friends had seen him in 10 years or ever. He had stayed reserved sticking to Piccolo all morning mostly. The times almost here. Was all he could think about. He was a silent shadow to the intimidating Namekian.

Now here we are hiding in the clouds. Just waiting. Floating here just waiting to get engulfed with the wave.

Suddenly four round objects started to appear in the sky. Making large shrieking sounds. Streaking to the ground with a trail of smoke following them making an enormous impact with the to earth.

Father it's been too long… As he saw two figures getting out of the capsules, the others right behind the first.

Authors Note: Cliffhanger. The Saijins are here. What'll happen, that'll be explained in the next chapter. Thanks for reading. Please review. E-mail or im me with any comments, thoughts or suggestions. Sorry it was short, but the next one is the really big one. This was just a transition one.