Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Blues for Raditz and Goku ❯ Morning after Recap ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorry to take so long with this latest update. I don't own DBZ. It belongs to Akira Toriyama, Toei Animation Co. Ltd. This fanfiction means no harm to the anime or manga.
***
Chichi groaned softly, using the hard muscled chest of her husband as a welcome pillow. Slowly she stretched out atop him, curling to press her ear closer so she could hear his heartbeat. Opening one eye she saw the gold rays of the rising sun beaming through his black spiky locks. He was haloed in gold like an angel she thought. Feeling her moving, he snorted and licked his lips, then squeezed her close to his body.
"Goku sa," she murmured affectionately. Chichi realized she hadn't felt this good since before she could remember. For a time she could forget everything that had weighed down on her, instead deciding to lay in her husbands arms and not worry about getting up. Something told her breakfast could wait if he hadn't gotten up.
Instead of worrying about what to fix, Chichi simply lay in her husbands arms and drew small patterns on his hairless chest. She followed them by soft kisses up to his chin, then straddled his hips and pressed the flats of her hands to his muscular shoulders. Long hair spilled around the sides of her face isolating his from the laughing pale beams of sunlight.
Outside in the living room, a huge muscled form lay with his hair spread out, partly on his side. He curled around a smaller female figure, his dark hair draped over her naked body. One of his legs was thrown over her bare hip, while hers were tangled in his. Only a red band of metal clothed his upper arm and left thigh curled around her. A small hint of he same metal gleamed on her arm and thigh trapped between his legs.
Small vibrations on the floor made Raditz jolt out of sleep. He felt energy surging and opened his eyes. Tucked under his chin was his mate, snuggling more deeply to his chest. Grumbling he realized it was morning, and most likely Kakkarot's mate or wife would be stirring. Rather then face a possible resurgence of bad humor, Raditz decided he would give this meal preparation a shot.
AS he stirred, his mate opened her eyes and blinked up at him with shortsighted confusion. She stretched and then leaned up to kiss the bottom of his chin. Goospimples covered her bare but tanned skin, and Raditz scratched his head. Slowly he sat up, and looked from left to right. Goku and Chichi's living room was much as they left it except for a few scattered towels.
"I'm thinking we should make coffee or else Kakkarot's mate will give us hell," he mumbled.
"Right. Since this was our idea…"
"You don't have to get up," he mumbled. Tossing the robe to her, he grabbed one of the towels and wrapped it around his waist. He held the improvised toga in place with his tail hitched around the top. Stellari used the Chinese silk robe Chichi had loaned her, then helped him clear up the items from the night before. Quietly they tiptoed into the kitchen with the trays of dinner dishes and started to load them into the sink.
Chichi's kitchen gleamed with morning light, each appliance spotlessly polished. Stellari was glad Raditz could reach up and grab the items from the taller cabinets and get them down. He quickly started work on the mountain of dishes while she turned the knobs on the stove. A few clicks later and the gas burst into flame. Large cupboards yielded all manner of items that she had helped stock there, not to mention a huge walk in fridge. Rather then fuss with Asian style cooking, she decided a more West City cuisine would work just as well.
"I sometimes wonder where she puts it all," Stellari mumbled, whipping up batter. Like a well oiled machine she and Raditz tossed ingredients together. AS soon as she threw him a dish he'd catch it and make sure it was washed.
"And it's not even that Capsule technology. I must admit he's a lucky idiot to have his own home. Small by some standards but nicely sized… but how does he pay for it?"
"Mmm, Chichi's inheritance," Stellari whispered. "Basically she's supporting him with the Ox King family fortune."
"Ah. So he's… rich?"
"Well, why do you think they live in a modest home? Chichi's pretty darn good with money and finances. She's said Goku doesn't have a job, other then the martial arts money he makes from the tournaments. Saving the world doesn't exactly pay, you know," she said.
"Mmm, at least she has the wisdom to take the money I've offered," Raditz murmured. Chichi had at first refused any money, but when he said it was for Gohan's sake she eagerly accepted. Not to mention Stellari was helping her tutor Gohan so he could get caught up with his studies along with training for the Androids. The twins helped with chores, and Raditz basically trained hard with Goku. According to Bulma he was 'guarding' Goku for Vegeta's sake.
Just how they had survived sharing room and board with the sons, Stellari was impressed. Goku and Chichi retained their bedroom, while Gohan shared his room with the twins. Stellari and Raditz shared an upstairs guestroom with futon, and Piccolo meditated much outside. Still most of the bathing at least by the males was done in a large round bin out back, heated by firewood. It had replaced the oil drum used in times before since Gohan and the others had joined the household. Only a shower and a toilet and sink comprised the bathroom.
"It is well sized according to Saiyan standards for a third class," Raditz reminded her.
"Judging from what you showed me in your memories I have to agree," Stellari nodded.
Something sparked in Raditz awareness and he glanced over his shoulder to see Goku sleepily trudging in, pulling a pair of striped pajama bottoms up with one hand. He scratched his scalp with the other, and then rubbed his eyes. "You didn't haveta do this," he said.
"Tough, because we are, Brother. Your mate… er wife still asleep?"
"Mmm yeah. Why doncha lay down, Stellari and let the guys cook?" asked Son Goku.
"Mmm he's right. Go upstairs at once woman," said Raditz.
"Hey, don't you 'woman' me! That's what the Prince does!" she glared at him as he playfully whacked her backside with a large hand.
"Off with you," Raditz said, shoeing her out. Stellari pulled a face and darted out the door, leaving both brothers to putter around.
"I guess you wrecked those sweatpants," Goku said.
"Sorry Brother," Raditz mumbled, with a slight brush.
"Don't worry about it. Chichi'll be more mad then me. Besides, they were a freebie from one of the tournaments," said Goku casually. He tugged the coffeepot out of the maker and then filled the basket with enough brew. Raditz took over the pancake preparation, and was glad to see Son Goku had some concept of his way around a kitchen.
"Just cause Chichi cooks doesn't mean I can't," Goku answered.
"Stop reading my mind, Brother. It's annoying," Raditz mumbled. "Besides I thought you had to touch someone…"
"Not you I guess," Goku said. "Cause we're family. I can sometimes guess what Gohan's thinking, and Chichi. But they're good at shielding."
"Members of the same Saiyan family group can share thoughts. But it's left from the rapport last night," Raditz admitted quietly.
"There's a lot you didn't tell me, isn't there?" Goku asked.
"There's much you wouldn't care to see," Raditz said.
"Hey, you're looking at a guy who heard a lot from Vegeta… he showed me a lot after he died… on Namek," Goku said.
"How much?" asked Raditz. Goku walked over and rested his hand against Raditz head. Both brothers regarded one another with half opened eyes. Despite Goku's attempts he still needed to share thoughts in this manner. As woefully underdeveloped as some of Goku's Saiyan traits were, there were many that were quite up to tradition. Not just his fighting prowess but other disciplines.
"I see," Raditz murmured, blinking down at his brother. Goku had grown a bit since they had first met, for now he came to about Raditz eye level. Certainly he'd increased in muscle mass, for he was easily almost Raditz weight.
"Well I'm just glad that Chichi seems a lot more relaxed," Goku suddenly said, changing the subject. Raditz blinked in confusion at his brother's bright smile. Although he accepted Goku as his brother he also knew there were quirks to his behavior that would always be far from Saiyan.
"It was a long time in coming, Kakkarot. Perhaps now you'll be more harmonious, and your son will not suffer the brunt of your disagreements."
"But didn't you also say you saw Father and Mother argue a lot?" asked Goku.
"That's exactly why," said Raditz. "It shows weakness for parents to be of disparate mind before their whelps. They can't trust their parents are the supreme authority."
"It's not that Raditz."
"Children look to their parents as infallible. At least till they are old enough to fight and discover their own power. In some Saiyan family groups, if a father was considered weaker then his son, the son had a right to challenge his father as authority. It was also expected a son would fight his father to show his ability as a warrior and a fully grown Saiyan warrior. And in some of these fights he'd kill his own father," said Raditz.
"Ugh," Goku shuddered.
"But Saiyans are hunters. The fittest would survive. If resources were stretched thin, then…" Raditz started. Goku shook his head angrily.
"I know but I still don’t' like it. Why all the unnecessary killing when just a fight would solve things?" asked Goku.
"Well, that's exactly why. I didn't say ALL such fights ended in death. If the father was strong enough to survive the challenge, then the boy became a man all the same. It was enough to challenge his own father and show himself as a man."
"And you fought… your… our father?" Goku raised a brow. He spun around with a stack of cleaned dishes in his hand, approaching the dining room table.
"Yes. But it was extremely difficult," Raditz trailed off.
"I'd often spar with my grandpa Gohan," Goku admitted, setting dishes on a lacquer tray. "There was even a time I ended up fighting him, and didn't know it."
"You see, you did face your parent. Your 'father'," said Raditz triumphantly.
"I didn't know it was him. Till he took the mask off," Goku shrugged. "But it was a weird thing. I was still a kid though."
"The more I learn of your childhood the more you seem a Saiyan just as I," said Raditz. "I mean no offense."
"I know what you mean," Goku nodded, grabbing chopsticks and placing them near the bowls and serving plate.
"We also never named children after an ancestor, unless they had died heroically in battle," said Raditz quietly. "That's unusual. Only Royalty bore the names of their direct fathers."
"What was… mother like?" asked Goku.
"I favored her as you favored Father. Saiyans tend to closely resemble their other family groups. Especially Third Class warriors. Many of us look like one another save a slight variation in skin color or height. I closely resembled many of my cousins," Raditz explained.
"So that's why I looked like… was he related?"
"Not necessarily. Only the strongest survived to continue to breed. And because our gene pool was shallow as Third Class, those traits became dominant. It isn't considered a bad thing to resemble other warriors. Since we each have our own names and such. And many would have battle scars to differentiate. They were considered attractive," said Raditz proudly. Goku carefully regarded the large star shaped scar on Raditz abdomen, reminding him of the fatal hole from Piccolo's death light.
"A lot of stuff to take it," Goku shook his head. "And you're gonna pass that on to your kids?"
"Yes," said Raditz. "But I have an appreciation for some Earthling customs. Stellari will also insist."
"How much was Planet purging a part of Saiyan culture?"
"Warriors need battles to fight," Raditz said. "That was a logical outlet for us. Very profitable. But are you not convinced that I no longer see that as…"
"I know, Raditz, I know. I'm just curious I guess," Goku said. He picked up the tray with Chichi's breakfast and walked towards the exit of the kitchen. Raditz nodded, realizing Kakkarot wanted time alone with his mate now. Apparently breakfast in bed was quite a big deal. He assembled a similar tray and carried it upstairs to the room he shared with Stellari.
***
Chichi had to force herself to lay in bed awaiting Goku. Although she was excited to be up and about, she knew it was important to Goku to have the opportunity to pamper her. Filled with boundless energy from their coupling she felt as if she could conquer any obstacle. Was this how Goku felt filled with Super Saiyan energies.
Under her the bed vibrated with the thump of his characteristic step and she pretended to be asleep. Over one shoulder Goku hefted the tray of breakfast goods, including an abundance for himself. Unfolding the large card tray table he set it down first, then propped the tray on it. Goku climbed over Chichi to sit down in his customary place, causing the bed to again shift as he settled on it.
"Rise and shine, Chi! Breakfast in bed!" he said cheerfully nudging her. He followed that with a soft kiss pressed to her temple. Chichi made a point of stretching and yawning, then pushed herself to sit up.
"I'm guessing all this isn't for me," she chuckled.
"Well, I'll just eat whatever you don't finish," he said cheerfully. Reaching over her again he filled a plate with breakfast items, then set it on her lap.
"No utensils?"
"Ah ah, I feed you this time," he joked. "And you feed me. Remember how we did that with the wedding cake? It's been about ten years!"
"You remembered… our anniversary," Chichi realized, jaw dropping.
"As if I need an excuse to be good to you, Chi," he chuckled, dipping his fingers in syrup and pressing them to her mouth. She eagerly licked the breakfast item off, and then laughed through a mouthful of pancake he held up. Most of the stuff dripped down her chin, but Goku had the fun of licking it off. Soon food turned into another excuse to share a kiss and Chichi wondered if she would have to clean the sheets.
Strawberry sauce dribbled down her front, and Goku leaned down to lick it off. "Wait," she said, grabbing more of it to smear over her bare chest. Then laying prostate she glanced up, hair spilled around her. Goku licked his lips and bent over with excitement. Blankets fell to the floor while Chichi bared herself and allowed her husband to smear most of breakfast on her bare body. In turn she did the same with him.
Both agreed later that a shower or bath was in order, covered head to toe with sticky stuff. Chichi moved to get up but Goku grabbed her in his arm, and touched his fingers to his forehead. She shrieked at the snatching feel of teleportation that fizzled them out. Somewhere over the bathing barrel they materialized and he dropped down into it with a terrific splash. She shrieked at the contact of cold water, grabbing onto her husband with shock.
Remembering Raditz little trick he whispered in her ear and concentrated. Energy bubbled from his warm body into the water itself. Simultaneously Chichi and the water were warmed so they could sit lazily in the warm bath and soak. He pulled her onto his lap and grasped the soap so he could clean her off. She simply lay her head in the groove of his shoulder and allowed her husband to drag the soap in sweeping motions down her bare skin with the sponge.
So intent was he that Goku suddenly felt the presence of something else. A small spark that seemed familiar yet strong. He stopped his hand over her belly to feel it, then smiled. Just like Gohan those years ago another child was implanted deep inside his wife's womb. He wondered if he should tell her or not, but figured it would be more fun if she worked up the nerve to tell him instead. Feeling safe in his arms Chichi snuggled into his chest.
Raditz and Stellari sat together on the bed which occupied most of the upstairs room. Guests often slept here, and it had been made into an improvised room for both of them. Bits of his armor lay scattered along with textbooks and other items. Laying in the nest of her husband hair she murmured, "I miss home."
"I know precious one, but the Prince gave explicit orders we were to stay and guard Kakkarot and his family. And it seems wise that we did," Raditz reminded her.
"I wonder how Ox King's getting on with our kids in addition to Gohan?" she wondered. "They're not used to being away from me for more then a week at a time."
"I'm sure if there were any problems we'd have heard by now. At least things seem quiet," Raditz commented. Saiyan hearing though superior didn't discern any shouts, rather the soft gasps and giggles from lovemaking. It soon vanished, replaced with the sounds of splashing outside. No doubt Goku and Chichi were bathing. Focussing his fledgling ki sensing powers Raditz could swear he sensed more then two life sparks. Goku suppressed his energies and Chichi's level was a mere fraction of her husbands, but had Gohan or the twins come home early.
"What?" she asked.
"I could have sworn I sensed a third, but Gohan isn't back and if the twins were here…" Raditz answered. His eyes widened and then he chuckled.
"What?"
"Kakkarot's going to be a father again it seems. Very good news indeed. Perhaps another child will keep my brother's focus on his family as well as on fighting," he observed.
"Strange words coming from your mouth, though I know you mean them," Stellari reflected.
"Years of hell will do that to a Saiyan," he answered.