Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teal Eyes ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mystic_writer: I hope you guys like the *REVISED* version of Teal Eyes Chapters 1-4!

~*~

Chapter 4

By mystic_writer

mystic_writer@hotmail.com

~*~

Gohan sat up, stretching. He yawned, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. The soft sound of Goten snoring echoed across the room, the youngster curled up beside his teddy bear. Gohan gazed out the window to see the sun rising over the trees, and he enjoyed the moment to its fullest. He felt a certain surge of sadness go through him as the environment around him triggered a long forgotten memory....

"Gohan, wake up!" Eleven-year-old Gohan opened his teal eyes to see his father's grinning face. Goku's equally turquoise eyes shined, his blonde hair hanging over them. Gohan propped himself up on one elbow while Goku settled down on the grass. They had four days until the Cell Games were to begin and every moment together was a blessing.

Krillin came from around a bend of trees while throwing on his shirt. "Ah," he said, "Nothing like camping out and watching the sun rise." He crashed across from the super saya-jin duo. "So, what's for breakfast?"

"Dad's bad cooking." Gohan said, smirking.

"Hey!"

Their laughter rang throughout the hills, slowly disappearing into the sky like the sweet time they had left.

Gohan felt a pang of guilt shoot through his chest as he remembered those days before the Cell Games. If only he would have listened to his father when he told him to kill Cell. But no, he had to give into his saya-jin blood and turn cocky-overly confident. Goku gave the ultimate sacrifice... his life, and it was in vain, for Cell survived. When Goten came along, Gohan suddenly had three roles: a son, a brother, and when Goten got older, a father. Gohan was the only father Goten had ever known, and he felt completely responsible for the outcome.

Gohan looked down at the young half saya-jin beside him. The little one was quite strong for his age, though he was without the knowledge of flying. Even uneducated and sometimes naive, he was still as smart as a whip in the strangest areas… just like Goku…

"GOTEN! BREAKFAST IS READY! GOHAN! GET YOUR BEHIND DOWN HERE NOW OR YOU'LL BE LATE!"

Goten sprang up the word breakfast, slipped out of his pajamas, grabbed some clean clothes, and flew down the stairs half-naked. "FOOD!!" he squealed.

Meanwhile, Gohan made their beds, changed his clothes, and picked up all of his brother's scattered sleepwear. He made his way downstairs and to the kitchen to find Goten already eating his third bowl of rice. Chi Chi greeted her oldest son with a smile-and some food. Gohan said a polite thank you and sat down to dig in. He noticed him mom's smile turn into a smirk and immediately knew something was up. Chi Chi smoothed her apron and settled down at the table.

"So, Gohan," she said, "What's this I hear about a girl coming over today? Why, I bet she's drawn to your brilliant mind, isn't she? See sweetheart, I told you something good besides a scholarship would come from all your years of studying," Without pausing she announced the results. "A wife!"

Gohan spat food all over Goten, but he didn't seem to mind, and kept on shoveling everything he could into his mouth.

"MOM!" Gohan exclaimed, "It's not like that! Just yesterday she hated my guts!"

Chi Chi laughed. "Oh really? That just means she likes you! Why, if you two were in kindergarten, you'd be pulling her hair and she'd be pushing you down!"

Gohan blushed. "I guess it would be kind of ironic if I liked her back. I mean, she is the daughter of Hercule…"

"WHAT?! YOU MEAN SHE'S THE DAUGHTER OF THAT IDIOT THAT SAID HE DEFEATED THAT MONSTER?!"

Both saya-jin brothers grabbed their poor ears. "Mom! Our hearing, please consider our hearing!" Gohan cried, but Chi Chi was in a daze.

She stood up, hands clasped together, eyes shining. "Oh Goku! Did you hear that? I can't believe my baby is going to marry into such a RICH family! We'll be taken care of! And what's more, if that girl is as strong as the tabloids say she is, I'm sure she'll be able to give us dozens of grandchildren with ease! I've seen pictures of her! She definitely has child-bearing hips!"

By then, Gohan was having seizures and Goten was staring at his brother's food.

"Hey `niisan, you gonna eat that?"

~*~

Gohan was late again. His teacher eyed him warily as he sauntered into the room a good fifteen minutes after the bell had rung. The teen gave him a late pass from the office and also the Son grin. Annoyed, the teacher laid the green piece of paper on his desk and turned back to the board.

"Mr. Son, take your seat. Now, as I was saying, class…"

Gohan turned to face the class and stopped dead. All of the girls, save Videl, were giving him a wink, air kiss, or a sexy stare. He grinned nervously and proceeded to his seat. `Why me?' He sat down and gave a sigh. Something latched onto his arm. "H-Hi, Erasa. Um, nice day?" his voice cracked.

"Oh, very nice, thank you!" she piped.

Gohan glanced over at Videl, and found her giving them a very cold stare. `Hey... what's with her?' He wondered, giving her a nervous smile. 'Could she be… jealous?'

Sharpener laid his arm around the Asian girl's shoulders, giving Gohan a cocky smirk. "Aw, Videl. Don't be envious. Remember, you have me..."

"Don't touch me!" she growled.

CRASH!

The class burst out laughing when Videl grabbed the blonde by his arm and slung him over a stack of students in the front row. He landed on the floor with a thud.

The teacher slammed his book on the floor. "VIDEL! That's it! That's the third time this year you've attacked another student on this campus! PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE, NOW!"

Videl glared at the boy on the ground, but obeyed. "Yes, sir. Sorry." She pushed past her blinking friend and a very stunned Gohan.

`I knew Sharpener was getting on Videl's nerves, but I didn't expect thatto happen!' he thought.

Erasa leaned over to Gohan. "Oh Gohan, I'm worried about Videl! She never used to be like this! I think something's really wrong. I feel it might have something to do with that Crystelle woman…" she trailed off.

"Huh? Who's that?" Gohan asked.

Erasa looked down at her desk. "Some woman that is aiming to be Hercule's next wife… I've met her only once, but I can tell that she's up to no good, if you know what I mean…"

Gohan nodded. "Yeah, that's terrible…" he murmured, watching as Mr. Smith helped Sharpener to his feet.

"Are you okay, son?" the teacher asked the pummeled student.

Sharpener sighed and smiled. "Yeah... that's what I love about her... So strong..."

Mr. Smith raised his eyebrows. "You've GOT to be joking..."

Gohan sighed. 'Videl has way more issues than I thought. Then again, if I were Hercule's kid, I guess I would have them too...'

~*~