Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teal Eyes ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mystic_writer: I hope you guys enjoyed the revised chapters! If you noticed, I brought mentionings of Crystelle and things wrong at home out to enhance the story. All I've done to 5 is change it to a web page so my HTML will be preserved!

Warnings: Er, some cursing (nothing real bad, I'm Christian). Apparently, Videl and her stepmother-to-be don't get along too well… Catfight! Meow! ^_~

~*~

Teal Eyes: Chapter 5

By mystic_writer

mystic_writer@hotmail.com

~*~

"YAAAAAH! TAKE THIS!!!" The `mighty' Hercule slammed his fists into the poor, defenseless punching bag that hung from the ceiling of his huge home gym. The bag raised its white flag as it fell apart, its contents pouring out onto the stone floor. The-man-who-beat-Cell put his hands on his hips and smirked.

"HA! Nothing can withstand the tremendous power of the Champ!" He laughed. Yes, that laugh. The annoying one. It echoed through the large room and bounced off the picture windows, straining the glass. There was a knock at the door. A young woman peered around the oak door and smiled.

"I must talk to you," her sleek voice rang.

Hercule sat down on the seat of a weight-lifting machine and picked up a bottle of water that had been sitting on the floor.

"Of course, Crystelle, come in."

The woman stepped in the room and shut the large door. It closed with a loud ker-chink. The vixen's red heels clicked on the hard floor as she made her way to the Champ. She twisted a lock of her blonde hair around her finger and swayed her hips as she walked. She knew he was watching her every move...

"Sir, the school called... Your daughter has gotten herself into trouble yet again. Would you like me to... go pick her up?"

The Champ sighed. "No, that's okay. I'll go and get her myself..."

Crystelle lowered herself into his lap and put her arms around his neck. "Show me those wonderful martial arts techniques again when you return...?" She asked.

"Sure..."

~*~

Videl sat in the principle's office steaming. `How dare he?!' She thought to herself, `How could he-and after I've told him a million times to leave me alone…' She squirmed uneasily in the hard, unpadded chair just by the office door as she listened to two secretaries buzzing by a filing cabinet.

"Can you believe it Donna?" The snooty-looking one asked, "And she used to be such a good child..."

The skinny one shook her head. "I agree Margaret. Tsk tsk!"

Videl shot them a death glare, which sent both of them about their business. 'I can't take much more of this...' She leaned forward and placed her head in her hands, blocking out everything but darkness. 'My life is so screwed up... Oh, I just want to be a normal girl!' She heard the door open, then felt a tap on her shoulder. Her eyes peeked out from between her fingers and met the seemingly teal eyes of another. Her heart skipped a beat as she remembered... him. She sat up straight, flushing. To her dismay, his eyes weren't that very special shade of teal… This was not her hero; it was just some guy that worked in the office.

"Videl, your father is outside waiting for you," The young man told her with a smile.

Videl swallowed hard, fighting back tears that had been threatening to spill for a long, long time.

"A-Alright." She picked up her navy backpack and slipped it on her shoulders. She then pushed past the guy in the doorway and departed slowly, sadly down the hall.

~*~

Gohan's eyes drooped as he tried to listen to his teacher babble on about his `interesting' lesson. His sleepy gaze fell on Erasa, who was writing something on a piece of paper and was slumped over her desk. Sharpener was staring out into space, no doubt thinking about Videl.

`I wish it were time to go…' The demi saya-jin thought desperately, `Mom's schooling was much better than this…'

Erasa stuck a note on his desk and winked at him. Gohan smiled at her nervously and opened the neatly folded message.

It read:

Gohan,

Hey, I'm going to see how Videl is doing after school today. You wanna come? I'm sure she'd rather see you than lover-boy over there, oh, and we can hang out! It'll be fun!

Erasa ^_~

Gohan picked up his pen and added something to the note. He handed it to his blonde friend, who, in turn, sweatdropped when she read it.

"You have to ask your mom?!" She asked, her voice hushed. "Gohan, you're 18 years old!"

"You don't know her," He whispered back, "She'll go berserk if I don't at least call her and tell her where I'll be…"

The teacher, Mr. Smith, looked over his shoulder at the teens from his place at the chalkboard and gave a `shut up or you're the next to go' expression.

Erasa smiled uneasily until Mr. Smith turned around and went back to teaching. She shook her head and this time wrote something back. She handed the note to her saya-jin friend.

It read simply, but harshly:

Gohan, be a man.

The son of Goku sighed, wrote back, and passed the note to her.

His response was:

Okay, but in return I want you to come to my wake cause mom is SO going to kill me…

Erasa giggled. "I'll be waiting by my locker!" She whispered.

"Erasa and Gohan," Mr. Smith called, "You two will clean the room today after school for talking through my lesson. Is that clear?"

"Or maybe not…" Erasa said to her groaning friend.

~*~

Videl entered the main hall of her large home, her very angry father in tow. She dropped her backpack down by an elegant cherry wood table and headed up the carpeted stairs.

"Where do you think you're going, young lady?" Hercule demanded, "I'm not through talking with you!"

Crystelle, the Champ's `close friend,' intervened.

"Oh, she's had such a long day, Herc. Why don't you let her be?" She tucked a strand of shoulder length hair behind her ear. "And after she rests up a bit, I'll go talk to her-woman to woman. Now…" She sauntered up to him and smiled. "How about I tell the cook to rustle us up some dinner, hmm?"

"…Alright. I'll be relaxing in the lounge."

She watched as he walked down the long hall and entered a room on the far right.

"After I `talk' to Videl… of course…" She went up the curving, red-carpeted staircase that led to a huge hall that was lined from start to finish with wide, white double doors. The sound of her heels clacking echoed throughout the upstairs hall as she passed by each door, looking for the right one. She stopped at the end of the hall, at the very last set of doors to the left, and knocked on them. No response. She opened the right door and entered the room. The curtains were drawn, and the lights were off. The only glow in the room was coming from Videl's TV, where she was sitting in front of it, her silhouette blocking the screen.

"Videl, dear, you know your father is very angry at you…" Crystelle said, coming closer to the young girl.

"It's between me and him," Videl hissed, her back to the woman.

Crystelle smirked. "You shouldn't hate me so much Videl. I'm just trying to help you, dear."

Videl stood up and slowly turned to her. "I know exactly what you want and why you're here… You're nothing more than a gold digger looking for money! You're just using my father to get your fifteen minutes of fame in the tabloids!"

"Oh now, sweetie, you shouldn't be so sour," Crystelle inched closer, her green eyes burning. "I just might be your new mother. And with the way your father looks at me, I'd say I had better go ahead and buy my wedding dress…"

Videl's coal eyes narrowed. "When Hell freezes over, bitch!" she snarled through clinched teeth.

Crystelle growled and slapped her across the face. "Nothing you say to him will wake him up! He only listens to me! He is mine, you little brat!" She breathed deeply and then ran her hands down her hips, smoothing her crimson dress. "And soon… all this…" She raised her hands, "Will be mine. My reputation will be secured for the rest of my life! I can see it now…"

"Too bad you can't see THIS!" Videl rammed her fist into the woman's jaw, knocking her back into the cream colored wall. A few pictures hanging on the wall fell onto the floor, the glass shattering.

"Why you-!" Crystelle screamed, holding her throbbing cheek in her palm. An idea hit her suddenly, and through her pain, she managed to smirk. "HERCULE!" She cried, mustering up the biggest crocodile tears ever. "COME QUICK!"

Videl gasped. `No… She can't… She is!'

"WHAT'S GOING ON UP THERE?!"

She could hear her father coming up the stairs and grimaced. Crystelle just grinned as she tried to congregate more fake tears. Hercule entered the room and quickly took in the site before him: Videl, standing, Crystelle on the floor holding her jaw with broken picture frames everywhere.

"VIDEL! How DARE you hit her?!" He bent down and put his arms around Crystelle. "Here honey, let me help you up."

Crystelle `sobbed' into his chest and spouted, "I-I tried to t-talk to her but she-she got all mad and h-hit me!"

Hercule was fuming. "That's it, young lady! I've had enough of your temper! Don't think just because you're expelled that you can sit around here doing nothing! Tomorrow, I'm giving all the maids and the cook paid leave so you can do the work around the house! You'll learn your lesson just like I did, through hard, tough labor!"

"But dad she-"

"I don't want to hear anymore! C'mon Crystelle, let's go downstairs and get the first-aid kit." The Champ helped her up and escorted her out of the room. But before she left, Crystelle turned her head to the stunned teenager and stuck out her tongue. Videl fell to her knees, her fists clinched at her sides. `Momma, I wish you were here…' Teal flashed in her mind again. "I wish… he… were here…"

~*~