Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 25

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 25: Don't hold me up now, I can stand my own ground, I don't need your help now, You wont let me down - Rise Against
 
Get away from me!!!!
What? But why? What did I do wrong? I don't understand!
No one likes you… no one ever will. Just except it and drop dead!
I just don't understand what I did to make all you hate me…
JUST GET AWAY FROM HERE!! WE ALL HATE YOU!!!!
 
“WHY!!!!!!!!!???????????” Minako's yell made her wake up from this horrible dream. She looked around and noticed that she was in her living room with her family along with Trunks around her.
 
ChiChi sat at the edge of the arm rest where Minako's head lay, “Are you alright sweetie?”
 
Minako looked at her mother and nodded, “Yes I am… I had a bad dream…” then she apologized, “I'm sorry I made all of you worry like that. I'm a horrible person…”
 
ChiChi stroked her daughter's head, “No you're not Minako. Trunks told us about this misunderstanding you had about me and your father. You weren't talking about you… we were talking about your new pet.”
 
“New pet? What do you mean… what's a pet?”
 
Goku got up and left, and after a few seconds he came back with a small blue dragon. Minako jumped up and smiled.
 
“It's so small!!!” (That's NOT what she said XDD oh boy sorry about that)
 
Goku smiled, “That's right, and now she's yours and Goten's to keep and take care of.”
 
Goten then said, “Yeah, but mom and dad won't let me name her, they want you to. So don't give it a stupid name like “Fluffy” or “Rainbow” or anything girly like that.”
 
Minako nodded and picked up the dragon while examining it from ear to tail. What would be a good name for this creature? Minako never named anything before, and she didn't want to give her a “girly” name.
 
“How about… Akemi?” She looked at Goten, her parents and Trunks, and when they didn't say anything she said, “O-or it could be something else. I-I don't know, if that's not good and -“
 
“Naw it's good.” Goten agreed with the name as did everyone else.
 
He went over to Minako and picked up the animal, “Ya here me? Your name's Akemi! Get used to it!”

Minako giggled and then noticed Trunks, who was sitting on the floor beside the couch that she was lying on, hadn't said a word since she woken up.
 
“Are you okay Trunks?”
 
“Huh?” Trunks looks up from the floor and at Minako, “Yeah of course why?”
 
“You hadn't said a word since I in the forest when I fell asleep.”
 
Goten interrupted, “You mean you actually fell asleep? Wow Trunks I guess you weren't lying, and here I thought you drugged her to have your way with her.”
 
Trunks widened his eyes and turned beat red, “W-what!!??”
 
ChiChi was surprised, “Goten! How can you even think of such a vile thing to say to you sister? Even after all she's been through!”
 
Goten sighed, “Yeah I guess you're right, sorry about that Minako.”
 
Minako laughed still not understanding the perverted joke, “It's okay Goten ^-^”
 
Trunks chuckled nervously and got up, “Well, I better head home. Mom's gonna be worried about me, so… see ya everyone!”
 
Minako sat up and watched Trunks leave the door before she got a chance to say anything. She wanted to thank him and to apologize for being such a nuisance… and to ask if he was still her friend. That brought back the memory of when Trunks was holding Minako in his arms and said that he wasn't going to let her run away anymore… she felt really safe, just that moment… this memory was interrupted by the grumbling of her stomach. She forgot that she hadn't eaten or slept in almost 3 days.
 
Goku stared at Minako, “Wow Minako… you're stomach's grumbling louder than usual. You didn't eat at all?”
 
Minako shook her head, and that's when ChiChi got up, “Right! My baby's been in the woods for two days, she needs a decent meal. One with a mother's touch! Just give me 10 minutes and everything will be ready!”
 
ChiChi gave Goku the tiny blue dragon and then ran into the kitchen so fast that no one even saw her pass by. Minako looked down at her hands that were folding neatly on her lap and sighed.
 
“What's wrong Minako?” Goten asked
 
“I'm really sorry… I truly am…” Minako's face was very sad, “I made everyone worry… and I just ran off like that without a word. I feel so stupid!”
 
Goku looked at her daughter with sorrowful eyes, “We told you, its okay. None of it is your fault, heck if you don't want to go to school for a couple of days…”
 
Minako remember it all again, as soon as she felt tears in her eyes she shut them and bit the inside of her cheek hoping to keep herself from crying.
 
Goten went over to his dad and said in a hushed tone, “Uh dad…I don't think you should mention…”
 
Goku figured out what he was talking about and nodded apologizing.
 
Minako shook her head from that memory and got up. She made her way to the stairs and looked back at her father and brother who were staring at her with a confused face.
 
“I'm okay; I'm just going upstairs for a little while. Call me when mom's done cooking, okay?”
 
With a smile she left upstairs.
 
 
 
After being gone away from your room for a while, you tend to realize how nice and quiet it's in there. The light is off and everything is left untouched, but the feeling of the room is different from what it is everyday you're in it. It's comforting, as if it's the only place you can go to think and feel safe in.
 
That's how Minako felt when she came into her room. She noticed that the clock read 5:46 pm; no wonder the sky was a reddish orange outside. The window was open so the late summer breeze made the room pleasantly cool. Minako noticed that the clothes she threw on the floor from the few days before were all put away in the dresser drawers along with her navy blue school uniform. She realized the clothes she wore were all dirty from spending those nights sleeping on the ground and also not bathing. For now Minako decided to change her clothes, but then take a shower after they all ate dinner.
 
There was a knock on the door, and Minako noticed that it was her brother Goten.
 
“Hey, Minako… are you okay?”
 
Minako smiled, “Of course I am. I'm just kinda tired after all this, and plus I'm very sorry again for all the trouble I've caused.”
 
“Don't worry about it!” Goten laughed, “Wow, you really do like to apologize don't you? Neither I nor mom and dad are the types to hold such silly grudges. Especially ones that didn't even do anything just let it go Minako.”
 
Minako smiled again and then hugged Goten really tightly, “Thanks bro.”
 
Goten was kinda surprised, he wasn't expecting a hug. But he hugged his sister back and said, “No problem.”
 
 
 
The two of them walked downstairs not into a normal kitchen, but a kitchen with a table over flooding with food that'll be too much even for the entire Red Ribbon Army! But somehow the entire Son family got into hilarious conversations and ended up eating all the food ChiChi cooked in a flash. Minako was so happy to be home, it was as if nothing happened.
 
She made her way upstairs and looked at the clock again. 6:17 pm… they've been downstairs for about a half hour. The girl went over to the window, leaned onto the window sill and looked out into the horizon, closing her eyes to hear the surrounding wild life around her.
 
“Did you fall asleep or something?”
 
Minako opened her eyes and jumped back. She looked around outside, a safe distance from her window.
 
“Who… who's there?”
 
“Calm down Minako, it's me.”
 
“Who's `me'?”
 
The person tapped Minako on the shoulder making her fall down from being startled. She looked up and saw that it was Trunks standing in her room.
 
Trunks chuckled, “You okay?”
 
Minako frowned, “Don't you ever use the front door?”
 
“Nope.” Trunks said while making a goofy smile, “I'm a monkey so I climb through the window.”
 
Minako giggled but then saw that something was swaying back and forth behind Trunks's back.
 
“What's behind you?”
 
“Behind me?”
 
When Trunks turned around Minako saw a purple tail sticking out of trunks pants and said, “HEY!! You didn't have a tail before!!”
 
“What are you… oh crap.” Apparently Trunks didn't notice the tail, “I guess it grew back again. This is pretty embarrassing…”
 
Minako smiled, “Oh… you mean you have a tail that grows back every now and then? Same thing with me.”
 
“Yeah… but I'm the only one with a stupid purple one.”
 
“Purple's not stupid. I think it's cool”
 
“… Wow this is so weird; we're talking about what a cool color for a tail is.” Trunks laughed, “This has got to be the strangest conversation yet.”
 
Minako laughed as well, “Yeah…”
 
“Okay then I should better go before I get you in trouble; I just wanted to stop by to see if you were okay. See ya around Minako.” Trunks stepped up on the window sill and was ready to fly off but the Minako remembered that she forgot to thank him for before.
 
“Wait Trunks I—“she grabbed onto Trunks's tail so he wouldn't fly off.
 
But Trunks felt his knees grow weak and he just fell off the window sill. Minako hung onto his tail so he wouldn't crash down.
 
“Trunks! You're heavy!”
 
“OW, OW, OW, OW, OW!!!! LET GO!!! IT'S HURTS!!”
 
“So that you fall?”
 
Minako pulled Trunks up and grabbed his feet, but one of his feet slipped out of his shoe so Trunks was hanging by one leg.
 
“Minako!!”
 
“I'm sorry!! Hold on I'll get you up!”
 
“No don't… WAIT!!” Too late, Minako pulled Trunks up with all her strength but forgot about the window sill in the way. Trunks ended up with a huge red mark on his face.
 
Minako was sitting on the floor next to Trunks, “I am so sorry!!! Are you okay?”
 
“Yeah I'm fine,” he said while gently touching his face, saying “ow” in certain spots. “Did you know that when you pull or grab a saiyen's tail it completely paralyzes them?”
 
“Paralyzes them?”
 
“As in, not being able to move… at all. You just fall helplessly on the ground.”
 
“So that's why gramps always told me not to over do it so I wouldn't grow a tail. I thought it was just because it got in the way of training. Sorry about that…”
 
Trunks smiled, “It's okay. Just make sure you don't do it again. Now I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow okay? By the pond in the morning.”
 
Trunks jumped out the window before Minako got a chance to say anything. She looked at the closed door to her room, if she left for a while no one would notice… right?
 
The girl jumped out the window and ran into the forest and finally saw Trunks in the distance. She was about to yell out his name when all of a sudden she saw Trunks grab his tail and yank it out with all his might. This made him fall to his knees whimpering in pain. Minako couldn't believe her eyes… how can someone handle that amount of pain? She remembered Ox King waiting for her to fall asleep before cutting her tail off. But just pulling it out…
 
Trunks got up and shook his head, then just took off. Minako made her way back to her room and lay down on her bed. Before she knew it she was asleep.
 
END OF CHAPTER 25