Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 28

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 28: Secret Fighters?
 
Minako stood next to her father on one side of the ship while Trunks and Vegeta stood next to each other on the other side of the ship. Goku looked back and forth from Minako to Vegeta, Trunks did the same. Why did those two have to dislike each other so much?
 
Then the silence was broken by Vegeta's whining, “C'mon Kakorot, you have to say when we begin!”
 
“Oh right. Okay so I'll press this button,” he held up a remote wile pointing to one of the button, “and 40 robots will come out.”
 
Trunks nodded, “Right, the robots are programmed to shut off as soon as enough damage is made, and each one will recognize who destroyed it and then record it on the board right there.” Trunks pointed towards a screen, it had a T-chart of 2 names SON and BREIFS.
 
Minako stared at it all, “Wow… did Bulma create all this too?”
 
Trunks nodded, “Yup, also with the help of Grandpa.”
 
“Enough of this; just press the damn button Kakorot!”
 
Goku said, “Ready… set… START!”
 
The button was pressed and the door shot open. Out from that tiny door came out forty robots, the exact same from the last time. It wasn't long after the robots can out that the lasers began to fire. Vegeta, Trunks, and Goku professionally dodged all the laser, it was Minako who was having trouble. Less than a minute into the battle Trunks destroyed 1 robot while his father destroyed 3 at the same time. Goku did a fly kick in the air and hit one robot which crashed into another on.
 
BREIFS: 4 SON: 2
 
Minako tried to get one by punching it but missed and punch the wall instead. OUCH that's gotta hurt. Trunks stopped and looked at Minako for a few seconds, Oh man… this isn't looking too good, Minako's having too much of a difficult time. A laser almost hit Trunks square in the face; luckily he managed to dodge it last second, SHIT! That was close!
 
Goku and Vegeta kept punching and kicking away the robots as if they were nothing. Trunks also got a few. Robots kept on shooting lasers; everyone was too busy concentrating on the robots in front of them to realize that there were still ones behind them. One robot was ganging up on Goku while he was taking down 3 at a time, so Minako kicked that out of the way.
 
BREIFS: 12 SON: 9
 
Minako remembered what happened the last time, if she dodged in the right angles the laser will end up hitting the robot itself. So she tried that, and guess what… it worked!!! Minako was so happy but then looked at the score board:
 
BREIFS: 26 SON: 14
 
Minako slumped her head as she walked over to her dad, “I'm sorry dad… you did all the work, I just got in the way.”
 
Goku kneeled crouched down next to his daughter so they were eye-to-eye, he picked her chin up in his hand, “Hey listen… you never trained like this before. Besides you're still tired after fighting those robots from before right?”
 
“Yeah right, the girl's just a weakling!” Vegeta was gloating and smirking at his victory, he just love it when he was right, “Saiyen women are always a waste on the battle field! That's why they should be like my woman and your woman Kakorot, stay at home and take care of the off-spring until one day our sons will join us in battle.” He put his hand on Trunks's head, “Isn't that right, boy?”
 
Trunks moved away from his dad looking angrily at him, “No dad, that's not true!! What you say are complete lies!! How many times has Videl—“
 
“No Trunks…” Everyone's attention went on Minako who was looking down at the ground, her bangs covering her eyes, “…what he says is true. Females are physically weaker than males… everyone knows it… just some people don't want to do anything about it. Maybe he's right… I am just a waste… I'm gonna go back home where I belong.”
 
“But Minako..” Goku wanted to stop Minako but she moved away before he had a chance to.
 
“No dad… the next time I come back in here… I have to be your equal… nothing else. Of course it won't be anytime soon.” She sniffled a little then looked up and had a determined look on her face, “But that doesn't mean it's not possible. Being a girl just means you have to work twice as hard as any guy… so watch out Vegeta!” Minako looked straight at him, “Maybe one day, I'll be scoring 26 points and you'll be the one scoring 14!”
 
Minako left without another word, the room was silent for a few seconds and then was interpreted by Vegeta's laughter.
 
She'll beat me? FAT CHANCE!” He looked over at the window and saw Minako flying farther and farther away from the house, “But she's got spunk, I'll give her that much… spunk, and determination. But her beating me? That one seriously cracked me up!”
 
You'll see dad, Minako's not the kind to give up just because of a few harsh words. One day she might just beat you… then you'll have defeat both Goku and Minako.
 
 
 
Minako flew and flew smiling to herself, but then shut her eyes and shook her in disappointment. Me be their equal? What was I thinking when I said that? It's obvious that I'll jut end up like mom… a stay-at-home-mom, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids. Vegeta right and… IT PISSES ME OFF!!!”
 
Minako landed in the middle of the forest and took out her frustration at a huge bolder. Punching it the first time made it crack in half, and then she just kept crushing the pieces until only pebbles were left.
 
“Hi mom I'm home!” Minako forced herself to smile and pretend for everything to be okay. Her mother was feeding Akemi who was nuzzling its nose into the back of ChiChi's shin. The woman set the plate of meat down on the floor and looked up at her daughter.
 
“Hi sweetie! Where's your brother?”
 
“Oh Gohan had to leave early… what are you doing mom?”
 
ChiChi had an apron wrapped around her waist, “I'm just going to start preparing lunch, Goten's gonna be home soon… and hopefully Goku will come, but you know how your father is.”
 
Minako smiled and nodded, “Yeah… uh hey mom, do you want any help with that?”
 
ChiChi looked at her daughter confused, “You want to help me cook?”
 
Minako shrugged, but then nodded, “Yeah I do!”
 
“Oh honey!” ChiChi ran to her daughter and gave her a hug, “It's been too long since the last time I heard someone offer me to help!”
 
“I don't see what the big deal is, I'm just gonna help you cook.”
 
ChiChi closed her eyes still holding her daughter but then smelled something, “Minako! What happened that you sweated so much?”
 
“Uh...” Minako stepped back, “well I just really wanted to get home that I kinda took a jog here.”
 
“Well go upstairs and change,” Chichi said holding her nose and laughing.
 
Minako giggled all the way to her room. Is this really my future? Cooking and cleaning? She sighed and went back downstairs.
 
For the next hour and a half until Goten came home from school the two women cooked all the food. Minako learned how to use a rice cooker, how to boil water, and other useful things. Of course there were a few mess-ups like how Minako almost burnt the turkey cooking in the oven. With her mother's help the two saved it from burning. The entire time they were laughing and getting along, Chichi was so happy to be bonding with her daughter like this.
 
Goten came home at around 3 o'clock and saw the two sitting on the floor laughing.
 
“What's going on here?”
 
Minako got up and said, “Hey Goten! I helped mom with cooking lunch, I hope you're hungry `cause we made a lot!”
 
Goten stared at his sister wide-eyed and then at his mother who was getting up off the floor and patting dough off herself. Without asking what he missed and why this is going on Goten just sat at the table and said, “Okay let's eat!”
 
The three of them polished off all the plates in a matter of minutes, Minako was the hungriest of them, but of course neither of them knew why.
 
With her mouth full Minako said, “Oh Goten, you missed Gohan today. He came to visit and left a few hours ago.”
 
Goten shrugged, “Oh well… thanks for the lunch mom, and you too Minako. I'm going upstairs to take a nap, see ya.”
 
Goten went upstairs and ChiChi started putting the dishes into the sink. Minako got up and went over to her mom.
 
“No it's okay, I got it.”
 
The girl started washing every plate, al the forks, and all the knives. ChiChi stared at Minako, still confused why her daughter is offering to do all this.
 
“Uh Minako… did something happen that I should know about?”
 
Not looking away from the dishes Minako replied happily, “Of course not mom, I'm just trying to learn how to be a good mom like you. I mean, that's the only thing I'll ever be in the future right?”
 
ChiChi didn't know how to reply to this, something really did happen but Minako didn't want to talk to her about it. Minako never offered to do any of the house work; she focused all her time on training in the forest or hanging with Trunks. Chichi wanted her daughter to help her with the housework because she wanted to, not because of… whatever happened.
 
“Hey Minako…”
 
“Hmm?”

“I remember that when I was your age or even younger I was just like you. I hardly ever did any housework and focused all my time on training and getting stronger.”
 
Minako stopped and looked at her mother, “Y-you trained?”
 
ChiChi nodded and sat down on one of the stools near the counter, “Dinosaurs, martial arts masters, you name it I fought it.”
 
Minako shut off the water and wiped her hands on the towel, she wanted to know more about this.
 
“But not only was I training for my own good health and enjoyment, but it was for your father too. So that one day me and him will be able to fight one-on-one, no holding back. I remember when I was about your age I joined the martial arts tournament so that I could finally see your father and fight against him. Getting through the preliminaries was a piece of cake… especially since I was so pissed off!”
 
“Why were you pissed off?”
 
“'Cause I went up to your father and said hello, but he was like, `Do I know you from somewhere?' I was so mad! After all these years I remembered him, but he forgot all about me! After fighting him in the semi-finals I finally introduced myself… and that's when he proposed to me.” ChiChi sighed at that memory.
 
“Did you win?”
 
“Of course not! Goku is obviously much stronger than I… but it was just so romantic how it all happened.”
 
Minako smiled but then asked, “But why are you telling me all this?”
 
“So that you know that it's okay to train and enjoy it! No matter what anyone says, you're a strong beautiful girl who might one day actually surpass the guys! I know I surpassed most of them, heck I think I can still beat up Goku if I wanted to!”
 
Minako laughed, “But I still don't get why you told me all this.”
 
“You're my daughter…” her face softened, “You should know these things, I don't one either of us to keep secrets from each other, okay?”
 
Minako nodded, “Uh… okay. Hey mom can I ask you a favor?”
 
“Sure sweetie!”
 
“Do you think you can train me to be as strong as you?”
 
“I think you're already stronger.”
 
Minako shook her head, “No way, I really wanna get stronger mom! I wanna be able to fight against dad, and Goten, and Gohan, and Trunks even! Please teach me!”
 
ChiChi was surprised, “Uh… alright.”
 
And so the training began, the path Minako wanted to take would be a long and difficult one, but she was willing to do whatever it takes to reach her goal. With the help of her mom, she might become a strong enough fighter to be able to fight against these aliens her father told her so much about.
 
END OF CHAPTER 28