Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 51

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 51— “The iron lung collapsed from the pressure of the swelling, I can hardly breathe at all” -Sum 41
 
Minako woke up bright and early on the first Saturday of November excited to hang out with her friend later on in the day. Since, she would be hanging outside instead of training, the half-saiyen decided to quickly finish her training for the day before Trunks got to her house.
 
The 16-year-old yawned putting on the pants of a dark blue Gi that her brother, Gohan, gave her. Wow, it's already 6:45 she shook off her sleepiness, wake up, Minako. After putting on a black shirt over herself, she jumped out the window and landed outside.
 
The sun was just arriving in the sky, later than usual since winter was coming ever to closer each passing day. The dark haired girl ran across the dew covered grass wearing special training shoes that Bulma gave her, instead of her usual bare feet, due to ChiChi's constant nagging. Minako felt a lot more powerful after her night's rest after that encounter with the strange alien man, Adriraja, yesterday. I still wonder…why he needed those Dragonballs…She sighed; I have a bad feeling that Mr. Pickle may be right:
 
“Alright well, I'm going to go to Korin to see if he grew some senzu beans. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them”
 
I wonder if there was really someone else in that lab… while Minako thought to herself she had already arrived to her desired place of training: the lake near the Ox King's Mountain.
 
Surprisingly, Trunks was already there. Huh, looks like Trunks still shows up here like always. The boy was floating in midair in super saiyen form throwing punches and kicks as fast as possible. Suddenly he stopped and disappeared. Minako looked around wondering where he went when all of a sudden he appeared behind her and started giving her a noogie
 
“Ahhh! Stop it, Trunks!” Minako grabbed the forearm around her neck attempting to break the hold.
 
Trunks, now out of super saiyen form, laughed, “You can't sneak up on your opponent like that”
 
Minako, with all her might, threw Trunks's body over her own and sent him into the ground breaking the hold, “Ha! Gohan taught me that one”
 
“Hey! No judo moves” he laughed as he lay on the ground
 
“That wasn't a judo move that was an Ultimate Gohan move”
 
“How is it an Ultimate—“ he was answered when Minako kneeled down in front of his head, put her knuckles on both sides of her friend's temple and gave him a noogie on each side, “AHHH! HEY! Ow! Ow!!”
 
She laughed and, before she knew it, Trunks began to tickle her making her stop the noogie. Minako fell on the floor as the violet-haired boy tickled her to tears, “No… fair!!” she was barely able to say through her laughing. Minako began to roll away from Trunks while attempting to breathe through the laughter at the same time. The boy continued to tickle her laughing as well,
 
“Give it up Minako, you lost this one”
 
“No… way!” she spoke through laughs and before she knew it:
 
SPLASH
 
The 16-year-old girl sat up with the freezing cold water up to her ribs, “Hey!” she hugged herself shivering, “That's n-n-not f-f-fair T-Trunks-s.”
 
“Oh crud, sorry about that” he grabbed Minako's hand with his own and pulled her out of the water. He stared at the shivering, wet girl scratching the back of his head, “Uh… here” he took off his jacket and handed it to her trying to fight back a smile, “Sorry, I forgot about the…” he couldn't help it, “pond” and started laughing.
 
“T-t-t-that's not f-f-f-funny T-Trunks!” Minako grabbed the jacket and looked at if for a minute thinking
 
“What's wrong? I don't have cooties or anything”
 
An evil smirk appeared on her face as she threw the jacket right at Trunks's face, “Ow!” and he got thrown a little off balance. At that moment, his so-called `friend' pushed him backwards completely into the freezing cold water.
 
Trunks sat up with a fish wiggling on his head, “What the h-h-hell, M-Minako!?” He knocked the fish off his head and stood up shivering just as much as Minako was. Meanwhile, the girl was on the ground laughing as the angry and, now, cold boy hugged himself trying to get warm, “W-W-What's s-s-so f-funny?”
 
“T-That… w-w-was… so… worth it” the girl said in the midst of shivering and laughing
 
“H-ha ha” he folded his jacket in half and then twisted it above the pond making most of the water come out.
 
Minako stopped laughing and sat on the ground hugging herself, “W-well t-t-this stinks”
 
“Y-y-your fault” Trunks sat down next to her throwing his useless jacket to the side, “Y-you could've g-g-gotten w-warm f-f-from m-my jacket b-b-but n-nooo”
 
“Sh-sh-shut up” Minako pushed Trunks
 
Trunks pushed her back. Minako shoved Trunks back laughing a little. The boy smirked and lunged forward to give her another noogie, but the girl slipped underneath his arm, came up behind him, and caught him in a chock hold.
 
The half-saiyen yelled out angrily as he got up attempting to shake her off. He flew up into the air and began to do loops trying to break her grip. Minako wrapped both her arms around his neck trying to hold on. The 16-year-old boy smirked as he flew even faster while spinning getting Minako dizzy more than himself. The dark-haired girl couldn't see straight and involuntarily let go splashing back into the water.
 
After a couple of seconds, Trunks shook off the dizziness and looked down at what had just happened and began laughing while in the air forgetting about his own coldness for a few seconds. Minako flew up out of the water and, after grabbing his leg, begun spinning him around letting go when his body we flew straight into the waterfall.
 
The girl started laughing back at him, “Ha! I-in y-y-your face!”
 
Trunks sat up on the dry ledge hidden behind the waterfall as the rushing water fell downwards in front of him. He rubbed his head and took off flying back at Minako who saw this and began flying away from him. It had turned into a game of tag that included getting thrown into the pond when the runner got caught.
 
After about twenty minutes of flying away from each other and repeatedly throwing each other into the freezing water, the two teenagers couldn't move anymore. Their bodies we so cold and tried that they both fell down onto the cold ground.
 
“This w-w-w-was a s-s-s-stupid idea M-M-Minako”
 
“Y-y-you s-started i-i-i-it”
 
Their attention turned to a figure flying in the sky. The figure saw the two and descended down to the ground to join them, “Hey guys— Holy crap!” Goten's eyes widened when he saw his sister and best friend soaked in freezing water, “It's thirty degrees outside!! Are you two insane?”
 
“He/She started it!” the two pointed fingers at each other at the same time
 
Goten helped his sister up, “Geez you guys are shaking”
 
“N-n-no duh” Trunks got up hugging himself more to get warmer.
 
“You two are so stupid” the 14 year-old rolled his eyes, “C'mon let's get to my house, it's closer”
 
“B-b-but g-g-grandpa's is r-right there” Minako said pointing a shaky finger toward the direction of a giant mountain.
 
Goten helped his shaking sister up, “Okay, haven't visited Gramps in a while anyway” he stared at the hunched over girl who continued hugging herself, “Can you even fly right now?”
 
“Y-y-y-yeah!” she jumped up in the air a mere few inches and landed down in her previous hunched over position, “N-n-no”
 
Goten slapped his forehead and rolled his eyes before looking at Trunks, “How `bout you?”
 
“T-t-take care o-o-of M-M-Minako, I'm f-f-fine.” The boy rose slowly trying to ignore the coldness of his body as he balled up his fists
 
“C-C-C'mon T-Trunks, y-y-you're f-f-f-f-freezing!”
 
“Don't remind me” he mumbled almost too low to be heard, shutting his eyes to control his shivering
 
 
 
Goten flew helping Minako stay up in the air by letting her hug him for warmth as they all flew to the Ox King's place. After hitting the large stone door three times with a knocker half the size of an elephant, the door opened revealing the large man with a happy face.
 
“This is such a wonderful surprise!! Goten, Minako, and even Trunks!!” he stopped and finally noticed the two freezing teenagers, “Oh no! What happened?”
 
“W-W-We h-h-had a w-water f-f-f-f-fight…” Minako responded with a small smile still with her arms around her brother.
 
“They're morons, that's what happened!” Goten exclaimed, “Can we go inside?”
 
“Yes, yes, of course! I'm sorry, come in, warm up, and make yourselves at home. I'll get the tea boiling!”
 
Minako let out a small laugh at the three came in, “D-D-Do you even k-k-know how t-t-t-to boil the t-t-tea kettle?”
 
“Yes Minako! How do you think I survived when your mother moved out?”
 
“I-I-I s-still wonder e-e-everyday h-h-how y-you didn't starve” Minako sat on the soft couch and hugged a throw pillow, “Waaaarm…”
 
The Ox King came back with two blankets and handed one to his granddaughter, “Here, Minako”
 
“T-Thank you!!” she wrapper his entire body within the soft blanket and tucked her feet underneath herself with a big smile on her face.
 
Trunks, still trying to seem fine, stood near the fireplace not wanting to get the couches wet, “I'm f-fine, it's alright, thank you”
 
“The shaking, dripping hair, and blue lips make me think otherwise” the man gave the blanket to the stubborn boy anyway.
 
Trunks wrapped himself in the blanket making it seem as a polite gesture, hiding the fact he was thanking Kami that he finally has some warmth.
 
“S-So does this m-mean we're not going today?” Minako's shivering has almost ceased and the pink color was returning to her face.
 
“Huh? Oh no, we're still going” Trunks had already warmed up to stop shaking
 
“What? Going? Going where?” Goten looked back and forth repeatedly between the two.
 
“I'm going with Trunks t-to the… um… what's it called…”
 
“Amusement park” Trunks reminded
 
“Right, yeah, there”
 
“What is this!? Some sick joke? I thought we agreed no dating each other's sisters!”
 
“What!? When was this!? And besides my sister is toddler!”
 
“Aha! So it is a date!”
 
“No it's not! Stop putting words in my mouth!”
 
“Oh, so you like Minako, Trunks?” The Ox King asked innocently
 
“No! It's not like that!!”
 
“You don't like me?” Minako asked a little hurt
 
“No! No, I do, they just think I love you”
 
“WHAT!? Oh pal, you better not be throwing love around the subject of my sister!”
 
“Oh, I see, so it's love” Grandpa Ox King was just making things worse
 
Goten was fuming, “You are so lucky you're my best friend”
 
“Stop it!! This is all a misunderstanding!!” the tea kettle saved the day
 
“Oh! Better turn it off!” the giant man ran into the kitchen
 
An awkward silence filled the room with Minako sitting on the sofa staring her brother who was glaring at Trunks, and then to her friend who was glaring back at her brother, “So are we still going to the park?”
 
“Yes, but I'm coming with you”
 
“Oh great…” Trunks rolled his eyes
 
“Sorry to spoil the fun
 
“Not you, it's your girlfriend who's gonna spoil it”
 
“Why do you hate her so much!?”
 
“She's annoying” before Goten said another word Trunks folded the damp blanket and headed to the door, “I'll see you guys in like an hour” he grabbed his dry jacket from the top of the fireplace and shut the door behind himself.
 
“Alright, now who wants some nice Jasmine tea?” the man walk back into the room awkwardly holding, in comparison to him, a tiny tray with four tiny cups of tea, “Where did Trunks go?”
 
“He left” Minako said, “Goten scared him off”
 
“Did not!”
 
“Did too!” she stuck her tongue out taking a cup of tea.
 
 
 
It was finally after breakfast time and ChiChi didn't even find out about the near-pneumonia experience of Minako's. Trunks had arrived a couple minutes after Minako finished washing the dishes.
 
“Hi!” Minako opened the door for him, “Come in, I'll go tell Goten you're—“
 
“I'm already here” Goten was somehow already next to her.
 
“Great, so when's Kasumi's getting here?” Trunks hoped to hear that she wasn't coming
 
“She's meeting us there” Goten smirked, “I invited Sumi, Katashi, and Hachiro, I hope you don't mind”
 
“Dude, I told you, I already asked them if they wanted to come”
 
“Well… I made sure they were”
 
“Okay… um… let's go” Trunks took off flying with Goten and Minako right behind him.
 
 
 
The teenagers landed in an alley a few blocks away from the amusement park making sure not to be seen. They began walking out when all of a sudden Goten fell forward flat on his face. Minako jumped sideways startling Trunks in the process as they both stared at what had occurred.
 
“Hi~ Goten~” it was Kasumi and she had given Goten a hug from behind without him realizing her approach
 
He picked up his face off the ground and laughed, “Hey, I didn't even hear you”
 
“That's `cause I'm like a cat =3” she smiled helping the 14 year-old up. She turned to Minako and Trunks, “Hi guys! It was such a great idea for all of us to hang like this”
 
Minako nodded with a big smile on her face, and when she turned around to face Trunks he was already twenty feet ahead of the three, “Hey! Trunks, wait up!”
 
Kasumi and Goten followed after the girl who ran after the violet-haired teenager. Before long the four teenagers got to the amusement park entrance. Katashi, Sumi and Hachiro were already standing there. They approached the three and noticed the tall sandy-haired boy had a black eye,
 
“What happened to you?” Trunks asked raising an eyebrow
 
“Um… well…” Katashi started gently touching his right eye with the tips of his fingers
 
“I did that” the boy's short twin smiled proudly
 
“You got beat by a girl?” Goten asked the older boy
 
“Listen, I don't fight girls!” Katashi said in defense
 
Sumi laughed, “Yeah that's `cause you can't
 
Minako stared in slight awe, “Wow, you must be really strong Sumi”
 
“Yeah I got myself some nice guns right here” she flexed her bicep invisible from the coat she had over it.
 
“Guy's c'mon!” Hachiro was practically jumping up and down, “Can't we go?” he waved a few pink pieces of paper in the air. “We got you your tickets like you asked”
 
“Thanks, man” Goten took the tickets and distributed amongst everyone who needed one.
 
 
 
They all went on the rollercoaster first. Katashi screamed like a girl, Sumi laughed yelling for the ride to go faster, Minako laughed the entire ride from the excitement, Trunks smiled along with everyone, Goten yelled and laughed, Hachiro yelled the entire time from the adrenaline rush, and Kasumi kept grabbing onto Goten's hand who sat next to her as she screamed.
 
Before long a few hours had past and it seemed as if they had ridden all the rides in the park. The group of teenagers sat at a table inside a fast food place in the park discussing what to do next.
 
“I say we hit the arcade again, I have a feeling I'll beat those kids at DDR if I try once more” Hachiro suggested biting into his burger
 
“No way, they creamed you.” Katashi laughed remembering the failing grade the boy received.
 
“They cheated! There was no way I could've gotten that!”
 
Sumi finished drinking her soda, “Is that why you lost three more times afterwards?”
 
Trunks laughed, “They were ten year-olds too”
 
Hachiro stuffed the rest of his burger in his mouth and crossed his arms over his chest chewing angrily.
 
Goten turned to his sister, “So what do you think of the park?”
 
Minako's face was beaming with delight, “It's so awesome! Everything is so fast and dangerous! I have never felt so much intenseness in my life!”
 
Sumi laughed, “Minako, you're adorable, you get excited way too easily”
 
Trunks went back onto the subject, “So what are we going to do next? It's too early to go home; the sun isn't even down yet.”
 
Kasumi crumpled the napkin in her hand after wiping her mouth with it, “We can always go on the Ferris wheel and see what rides we haven't gone on from the top of it.”
 
“Nice thinking!” Katashi commented, “And by the time we get back to the bottom, we'll be ready for some more rides” he added patting his full stomach.
 
The kids all threw away their garbage and headed for the Ferris wheel. There wasn't a line, as usual for a Ferris wheel, so the group split in two and went into their separate booths.
 
Goten, Kasumi, Hachiro, and Trunks were in the first booth (poor Trunks!), while Minako, Katashi, and Sumi were in the booth behind them.
 
Minako pressed her face and palms against the window with her mouth hanging open as she stared down at all the rides, “We're so high up! This is like flying! Only better, because the wind doesn't bother you”
 
Sumi laughed, “Yeah I know what you mean. When I go hang gliding, not even the goggles help against the piercing feeling of the wind”
 
“Hang gliding?”
 
“Yeah, it's when you take this big kite-type thing and you use it to glide through the air” Hachiro explained, “Sumi's not old enough to do it, but our uncle owns a business and lets her go when we come over”
 
“It's so fun, it's like I'm actually flying” Sumi continued grinning remembering the thrill.
 
“Then why don't you actually fly?” Minako asked still staring out the window of the booth
 
“Because I'm not a bird?” the short girl replied raising an eyebrow
 
The big brown-eyed girl laughed, “You don't have to be a bird to fly”
 
“Holy crap, I think she's right” Hachiro stared wide-eyed at the window
 
The two girls turned to what he was looking at and saw a woman floating in mid air. Sumi's mouth dropped open, “What!? But how?”
 
The woman had fire red long hair, piercing black eyes, and, despite the cold temperature outside, a short purple and yellow tank top on with loose purple pants and yellow and orange shoes. She was incredibly beautiful, with a perfect figure and light yellow-orange skin. Her hand was on her hip while the right hand was forming a bight yellow energy blast.
 
Just as soon as Minako got a chance to open her mouth to speak, the entire Ferris wheel got hit. The blast filled the ears of the seven teenagers on the rides, and, before they knew it, the entire ride began collapsing all around them.
 
 
END OF CHAPTER 51
(Sorry it took so long… I had a temporary writer's block)