Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 53

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 53— New enemies make new injuries
 
Minako suddenly sat up in her bed with her heart racing and beads of sweat at her temples. The girl turned her head to the window only to see the calm night sky. She rubbed her forehead as she shut her eyes tightly trying to remember what she had just dreamt, but no memory appeared. Shaking her head to relax the 16-year-old looked over at the clock, 5:13 am…I should probably go back to sleep, but who was she fooling? The half-saiyen sighed and got out of bed regretting how little she was able to sleep.
 
After getting dressed she remembered that her dad and the others were still fighting…somewhere… What was that place Mr. Pickle mentioned? Something `Heights'…started with a Y…
 
“Hey! You're up?”
 
“AH!” she fell backwards onto her bed at the sudden sound of a voice.
 
Trunks laughed, “Sorry, you okay?”
 
“Fine, but what are you doing here? Aren't you grounded?”
 
“Yup” he said with a smirk, “Aren't you too?” the boy added looking at his friend's training clothes.
 
“Yeah… but anyway, you didn't answer what—“
 
“I was gonna get Goten, we gotta help my dad and the others” he swung his legs inside as he sat down on the window sill.
 
“Hey! What about me?”
 
“You? You better just stay here, where it's safe.”
 
Minako got angry, “What? No way! I am so going with you guys”
 
“Fat chance” the teenage boy folded his arms behind his head as he leaned against the window frame, “I'll track your power level instantly, even if you try to suppress it”
 
“Well, you're not the boss of me!”
 
“You're right, but I am stronger” he smirked again not even trying to fight back; Trunks already knew that Minako had no chance.
 
The girl balled up her fists but then shrugged, “Alright, you win”
 
“Huh?” Trunks wasn't expecting that kind of response
 
“Yeah, c'mon let's go wake up Goten”
 
“Uh… okay?” he got off the window sill and followed after the girl.
 
BOOM!
 
CRASH!
 
SLAM!
 
In a matter of a second Minako pushed Trunks into her open walk-in closet. He slammed into the shelves attached to the back wall breaking a few and causing all the objects to crash down on his head. In the midst of the racket, his `friend' slammed the door in his face locking it behind herself.
 
“Sorry Trunks! Like you said, you're stronger, but I'm faster!” with that she took off flying.
 
Trunks slapped his forehead and got up throwing the random objects off his body. He walked over to the door and jiggled the door knob, Locked… ugh… Minako! He pushed through the door anyway breaking through the lock and the hinges. Oops…he stared at the broken door he held in his hand.
 
“My door!!!” ChiChi was standing outside the room in the hallway, “Trunks! What are you doing here!?” she looked around the empty room, “What was all that racket!? And where is my daughter!?”
 
“Uh” he quickly dropped the door on the floor, “Sorry ChiChi, gotta go, bye!”
 
“Wait Trunks, NO!” she chased after him to the window but he took off flying, “I'M CALLING YOUR MOTHER!”
 
 
 
Okay…now where's Minako? She can't feel power-levels so she probably doesn't know which way to go. He closed his eyes concentrating on the living things around him as he swiftly flew through the sky. Suddenly:
 
“There!” he plunged down towards the ground and straight for the familiar power-level. However, he didn't expect her to jump up right into him accidentally. The two crashed back into the ground and rolled across the grass. Minako got up to run away but Trunks grabbed her by the ankle just in time and sent her crashing back down face-first into the dirt.
 
“That was so mean, Trunks!”
 
“Nuh, uh! You're not fooling me with that innocent face” Trunks pushed himself up using his free arm while still holding onto the girl's ankle.
 
The 16-year-old girl suddenly spun her entire body 180 degrees causing Trunks to let go and soared up quickly into the sky. The boy jetted up into the air after her and the chase had begun. They zoomed just above the tips of the trees accelerating their speed so much that it was hard to see the two powerful beings anymore. The defenseless plants with weak roots were easily pulled out from the ground from the great burst of wind the two teenagers were keeping with them.
 
They neared a village, a familiar one to Trunks's mother and Minako's father because this was the village they had met their friend Oolong at. The villagers all turned towards, what seemed to them as, a hurricane but had no time to run inside from the oncoming wind. Food stand umbrellas got sent flying into the air, little children hung onto their parents as the adults grabbed onto a nearby object that was attached in the ground. However, soon the air calmed down as quickly as it began.
 
Oblivious of their threat to the surroundings, the two half-saiyens continued flying…
 
And flying…
 
And flying…
 
And flying…
 
When will they stop flying…?
 
Finally! They had gotten to the mountains all the way to the north, practically on the other side of the continent. The North Capital was not far from where they were and luckily… maybe not so lucky for the driver… there was a hover-car making its way down the road built in between the mountains and on the canyon ledges. Minako had turned her head to see how her friend was holding up forgetting the value of her velocity and… BOOM… right through the car roof. In the midst of crashing through the metal, the girl tried to change her path and ended up crashing through the mountain right off the road side. Trunks, on the other hand, stopped right on the other side of the car and held it in place to keep it from flying into the rock formation.
 
The defenseless driver sat with the steering wheel clutched in both hands in complete shock. The roof was completely blown off and the groceries in the back seat were… well… you get the picture… Trunks faced the middle-aged man and with a sincere voice said,
 
“Sir? Are you alright? I am so sorry… my friend over there didn't look where she was going and well… I am really sorry” the man did no even blink; the scared expression seemed to be glue to his skull, “Uh… sir?” Trunks waved a hand in front of his face.
 
Minako sat up in the hole at the base of the mountain covered in the rubble as she grabbed her head, “OW, OW, OW!!! MAN THAT REALLY HURT!”
 
“That's what you get for going through a damn mountain!!” Trunks's sincere expression disappeared as soon as he turned to his friend.
 
The man finally came to and looked around himself trying to realize what had just happened. He turned his face to his two hands and realized the knuckles were completely white from how hard he held the leather wheel. It took a little while for the hands to finally respond to his brain and he slowly let go feeling a slight pain from the tight grip. Then it finally hit him,
 
“Hey!” he exclaimed, “Yous two broke mah car!”
 
Minako raised an eyebrow wondering why he just noticed as she continued holding her head as the bump at the top throbbed from the pain.
 
“Yeah, and as I just explained, my friend was looking where she was going and—“
 
“I dun care `bout your friend! What'cha gonna do `bout mah car!?” He hopped out over the driver's door since the roof was out of the way. The man leaned his body over onto the hood of the car rubbing his hands over the dirty metal as if to soothe it, “Shhh… it's gonna be okay, daddy's here…”
 
Trunks began slowly backing away, a bit creeped out by the whole image.
 
“An' where'd ya think you're goin', punk?” He stood up straight and turned to the teenager as he tried to make his stealthy escape. “You owe me a new car”
 
“But it was her fault!” he pointed to the injured Minako
 
“Well bein' the gent' I am, I ain't gonna make a sweet lil' lady fix somethin' as complicated as a car. You, on the other hand, is gonna fix up mah baby”
 
“What!? But…” he looked over to the direction of Yunzabito Heights, “I gotta go somewhere right now…”
 
“No `buts'!” he grabbed onto Trunks's ear and pulled him into the passenger seat. “Yous comin' with me!”
 
Minako got up and dusted herself off, “I guess I'll be seeing you—“
 
“Wait jus' a minute!”
 
“Huh?” the girl was just about to take off
 
“Yous comin' with us, don't think you're off the hook”
 
“Aw man…” she kicked the dirt and jumped into the passenger seat.
 
 
 
After a couple of failed attempts to turn on the car, it was decided that Trunks would have to got out back and push while the man and Minako sat inside enjoying the ride.
 
“It's not fair, you know.” Trunks grumbled pushing the car, “After all, you're the one who broke the damn car…”
 
“No whinin'!” the man yelled out
 
Minako giggled, “You're just mad because I'm a faster flyer”
 
“Oh speakin' of which, are yous two aliens or somethin'?” he kept both hands on the wheel keeping the tires going the correct way, “How're yous two flyin' like that `fore?”
 
“Oh, we're saiyens—“
 
“MINAKO!” Trunks yelled out
 
“Say…yens? Sounds like a bad Chinese dish” he continued not that impressed by them, “But whatever, I see your kind on TV at the Tenkaichi Budoukai.”
 
Trunks let out an angry huff and continued pushing, whatever, you old geezer…
 
“So what's your name? I'm Son Minako” she smiled friendly
 
“Me? Well just call me Hank” he raised an eyebrow when the girl started giggling, “What's so funny?”
 
“It's just a funny name” she continued giggling
 
“Well what's your name, bud?”
 
He was a little hesitant, “Trunks…”
 
“…and you thought my name was funny” he let out a scoff, “Can we hurry it up a little, Underpants? I haven't got all day y'know.”
 
“`Underpants'?” Minako didn't get the joke
 
However, Trunks did, “What did you call me!? I'll show you!” suddenly he began running his regular saiyen speed while pushing the car in front of him.
 
“WHOA! Slow it down!!” Hank held onto his straw hat as the car flew across the road well over a hundred miles an hour
 
“Weeeeeee!” Minako just had a blast
 
 
 
They finally stopped at a farm after about seven minutes of driving Trunks-style because Hank had started yelling for him to stop. The salt-and-pepper haired man took in repeated breathes while clutching the seat trying to calm himself down. Minako, on the other hand, turned around leaning her chin on the head rest of the back seat as she looked up at Trunks who stood with a smirk on his face, happy about his accomplishment of scaring the rude man,
 
“Aw why'd you stop?”
 
“Are you deaf? Old man over there was yelling that, that was his house” he pointed to the small house off the side of the road. It had a stable in the back where the horses were held, a large portion of the giant grass field behind that building was fenced off for the dozens of cows and sheep to roam around, and a fairly large dirt patch next to the stable was also fenced off and cut into sections where the pigs, chickens, and goats stayed. The house was a small, white, two-floored building with a faded red-shingled roof and plain wooden door. A large sheepdog ran out the already-opened front door and towards the car pouncing on Trunks in the process.
 
Trunks fell over, “Whoa!” and laughed petting the dog's head, “Where'd you come from, buddy?”
 
“His name's Rover, and he's my dog” Hank said while getting out of the car
 
“Wow… Rover… that's original” the 16-year-old boy said in a sarcastic tone as he got up holding the dog by his red collar so that he wouldn't pounce of him again.
 
Minako's eyes widened, “A dog!” she jumped over the seat, pushing herself up high enough to get over the trunk as she leaped towards the creature. The dog, seeing this, got excited and started jumping up onto the trunk towards Minako as Trunks tried to hold him.
 
“Easy boy!”
 
Hank laughed, “I think he likes her”
 
Minako pet the dog as she knelt on the ground and the animal began licking her face, “Ah!” she exclaimed in surprise before laughing, “That tickles!”
 
Trunks continued to hold the dog by the collar, or else Minako would've gotten slobbered from head to toe, “So where are the tools to fix this thing up?”
 
“Inside, c'mon follow me”
 
Minako followed Hank inside while Trunks continued to drag the giant sheepdog behind him attempting to keep control over the animal. They all took their shoes off before coming in and a smell of bacon, eggs, hash-browns, and other foods came from the kitchen. A woman in her middle ages came out from the kitchen. Her eyes were kind and blue with her small glass on the tip of her nose. She has on an old-fashioned dress with a bonnet which held her graying light brown hair and an apron around her waist.
 
“Oh my goodness, hello there.” She smiled and all the wrinkles on her face appeared, “Who are these lovely young people here, Hank?”
 
“A couple of hooligans who broke me car” Hank bent over peering into a dresser letting out a grunt.
 
“Yeah, sorry about that” Minako rubbed the back of her head, “It was my fault the entire roof came off”
 
“Oh no! How did you ever manage that?”
 
“They one of `dem flying aliens at those martial arts tournaments” Hank finally straightened up and threw the rusted, red, metal toolbox to Trunks, who caught it with ease.
 
“Oh, this is quite a surprise to be in the presence of such famous people” the woman said in awe. She circled around Minako and then Trunks; “You, I can tell, are very strong from your muscles… but deary” she turned back to Minako, “You are as thin as a stick! Don't your parents feed you? However did you break a car roof?”
 
“Marge, they're aliens, can you get that?” Hank sat down in the small living room in his comfy chair and prompted his feet onto the wooden stool in front of him, “C'mon Underpants, get to work on me car”
 
Trunks rolled his eyes, “Whatever, gramps”
 
The 16 year-old boy left to go outside while the brown-haired girl stood awkwardly to the side in the kitchen, “Um…” she began, “Do you need any help?”
 
The woman turned around from the cutting board, “Well I was making breakfast… how good are you with cooking?”
 
“I help my mom out in the kitchen sometimes”
 
“Well since there's four of us now, we'll need double the work force” she smiled, “That is, if you would like to join us for breakfast”
 
“Oh yes!” as if on cue, her stomach let out a loud growl
 
Marge laughed, “Let's get to work then”
 
 
 
After twenty minutes Trunks walked inside and faced Hank, “It's done” he easily threw the heavy toolbox into the man's lap causing him to get out a grunt as his hand underneath cushioned the impact.
 
“How can it be done? There're `lot of damage your `lil girlfriend made”
 
Trunks rolled his eyes ignoring the comment, “It's done, not that difficult to fix; it should be running better than before. And speaking of Minako, where is she?”
 
“In da kitch', yous two'll be stayin' fer breakfast”
 
“Thank but no thanks, I gotta—“
 
“Woohoo~ breakfast is ready, dears” Marge's singy-songy voice came form the kitchen and that was when Trunks realized how hungry he really was.
 
Marge and Hank have never seen how saiyens eat before, and, in a mere few minutes, all the food the two women had cooked quickly disappeared. The middle-aged woman was only pleased at the sight; she never had children of her own, so Minako and Trunks seemed to be her substitute for all that she missed.
 
Hank slumped back in his seat unbuckling his belt slightly, “No way have I ev'r seen an'one eat like that”
 
Trunks scoffed, “Then you haven't seen, Goku”
 
“Goku?” Marge asked as she cleaned the table of the dozens of empty plates and bowls.
 
“He's my dad, but I think I can beat him at an eating contest if we ever tried” Minako explained with a smile.
 
“It's just, they'll cause a massive world food shortage if they ever attempt it” Trunks laughed, then suddenly stood up remembering what they had to do, “Oh man, I forgot! I gotta head to Yunzabito Heights!”
 
Minako jumped up too, “Oh right! Dad and the others are probably already finished off that lady by now!”
 
Trunks let out an angry grunt and started running for the door. Suddenly, the two kids quickly caught themselves and turned around to bow at the two adults, “Thank you so much for your hospitality and sorry about the damage” they said in union.
 
Marge laughed, “What well-polite kids. Go now, dearies, your father must be waiting”
 
“Thank you! Bye!” Minako and Trunks said once more before bursting through the open door and up into the sky.
 
The couple stood at the doorway looking up at the sky in awe. Then something caught Hank's eye:
 
“Huh!?” he ran towards to his fixed-up car, “H-H-…HOW!? Woo Nelly! That kid's got some'f `dem engineerin' talent!” he ran around the car examining the craftsmanship Trunks showed in attaching the once bent and ruin roof back onto the car. The roof was unbent and smoothed out, the whole car was shined back to its original color, the left headlight was fixed, and the radio worked for the first time in years.
 
“Oh my, that young man did all this?” Marge admired the automobile as well
 
“Thems aliens got some talents!” the happy farmer exclaimed
 
 
 
In the sky Trunks finally realized Minako was right next to him, “Hey!” he jerked to a stop making Minako stop as well.
 
“What?”
 
“Why are you still here?”
 
“'Cause I wanna get a chance at a real fight?”
 
“Minako! I thought we were over this!”
 
“I thought our argument wasn't done? Anyways, if you'll excuse me…” she took off flying in the direction they were before.
 
“Ugh! Minako!!” Trunks chased after her.
 
The two started playing tag again, zooming over the North Capital out of sight from all the pedestrians below. The mountains below were getting thicker and taller and subconsciously the two slowly rose up with the gradually increasing slopes. Not before long Minako started feeling light-headed but didn't want to stop yet otherwise Trunks would catch her. The ocean was right ahead and the two were started to get cold realizing the mountain tops around them were covered in snow. Suddenly Minako couldn't focus anymore and slowly came to a stop. Trunks stopped grabbing her arm,
 
“Gotcha, finally tired enough to stop?”
 
“What's going on? I feel really… weird… it's getting harder to breathe…” she put her hand on her chest as she tried to breathe at her normal pace
 
“It's the altitude; you're just not used to flying this high for so long. That's why I didn't bother stopping you; I knew you'd stop by yourself.”
 
“That's…” Minako's eyes closed and she began losing her ability to levitate, “…mean…” and plopped down onto Trunks's chest unconscious
 
Trunks rolled his eyes, “Great…” he looked around, “Man… we must be really close…” But I can't just leave Minako out here…dumbass, bringing a T-shirt to wear in freezing weather. Trunks had on a long sleeved shirt with a hood attached, but not his usual jacket which he was starting to regret at the moment.
 
A blast was seen miles away from across the ocean and it must have been one big blast to have been seen all the way where the two teenagers were. Man…I gotta check it out! He debated with himself a few seconds and finally decided: swinging Minako onto his back, the violet-haired half-saiyen took off flying.
 
 
 
Those power levels… one, two, three… oh wait three more…oh and there's one more. Seven people? Dad, Goku, Piccolo… oh! Tien, Chaotzu, Yamcha and Krillen! Was it really that intense that they needed so many? And where's Gohan? He should have been there…
 
Finally the barren, iced land was right below Trunks as he flew towards the small power levels, small because they weren't fighting… strange… Finally he felt one of them, Krillen's perhaps, flying towards him. He finally saw the bald man in the distance and they quickly came face to face.
 
“What's going on? You guys aren't fighting” the second part seemed more like a statement then a question.
 
“You shouldn't have brought Minako here” Krillen had a serious look on his face
 
“You think I didn't try to make her go back? I had to resort to her finally losing her flying ability in the high altitude to finally make her stop coming here”
 
“Then why is she here then?” something must have happened… Krillen never acts this serious before.
 
“I… well… we were already a few miles away and I mean… how could I fly all the way back just to bring her home? She can stay on the sidelines in case—“
 
“Trunks!” Krillen interrupted, “This isn't a joke!”
 
Trunks was getting worried, “Krillen… what happened?”
 
“…we underestimated her… she had friends and…” He clutched his fists, “Ugh! Gohan had only two senzu beans! Those guys… those… aliens… they were so strong! Yamcha… Chaotzu… me… Tien… we just got in the way.”
 
The boy's eyes widened, “But… they're all okay…” Krillen didn't answer, “Krillen! What's going on!?”
 
“Gohan… Gohan's…” Krillen didn't even have to continue.
 
Trunks, with a lightning fast motion, swooped Minako off his back, “Take her home” was said so quickly, Krillen thought he imagined it because when he blinked Trunks was already a mere dot in the distance as he flew towards the others. Krillen was left holding the girl who let out a small noise before waking up.
 
She looked up at the bald man who continued looking at the direction of Trunks, “Hey… you're… Killen, right?”
 
Krillen didn't respond at first but then realized she was awake, “Oh! You're okay?”
 
“Yeah just a little dizzy, but I'm fine” Minako flew up out of Krillen's arms and levitated in front of him at the same level in the sky, “Where's Trunks?” she asked noticing her friend is gone.
 
“He's…” he sighed, “meeting up with the others…”
 
“Oh! Darn him! I wanted to see them first! Oh, so how's the fight? You guys probably whopped that lady's butt right?” Krillen looked at the ground not answering, “Mr. Krillen?”
 
“Minako…” he sighed, “You should go home”
 
“Huh? Why?”
 
“You really should just go home…”
 
“Did something happen? Was she harder than you guys thought?” she let out a laugh, “Well, that's not that bad; I mean she fought Goten and Trunks before like they were nothing. So don't feel too bad that you had to make it four against one”
 
“There were… eight of us… and… six of them. The lady… she kind of flew off leaving her six friends behind. Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and… Gohan…” there was a strain in his voice when he said her brother's name, “They finished them off pretty quickly, even though they were really tough… but the rest of us… we got so creamed and… Gohan… he… he broke them in half and gave us the last senzu beans to make us a little better…”
 
“Oh that was nice of him” she continued smiling
 
“The three we had to fight… they…” he gritted his teeth, “Minako, get out of here! Just go home and stay there with ChiChi!”
 
Minako was taken aback by the sudden outburst, she was a little intimidated now, “…why?”
 
Krillen wasn't answering so Minako took of flying, what direction she wasn't sure of; she just knew it had to be away from the ocean. The girl wasn't sure but she felt some strange energy coming from far away on the island, it was faint but she decided to keep flying towards it.
 
The girl saw a group of three people and quickly landed near them. They all looked at her at first with shock then with saddened eyes,
 
“Hi… I'm Minako” she was a bit unsure of what to say, “Are you my dad's friends?”
 
“Yeah” the man with the black spiky hair answered with a slightly comforting voice, “How'd you get here?”
 
When the man moved she caught a glimpse of Trunks's back as he was kneeling on the ground. Not meaning to ignore the question, involuntarily, the brown-eyed girl made her way towards Trunks only to see the unmoving person lying on the ground in front of him…
 
“GOHAN!”
 
END OF CHAPTER 53