Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The First Day of the Rest of My Life ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z etc.

"2 year old dog, very lovable, free to good home, must give away quickly, can not have pets at new apartment." Read the add. Bulma called the number and got the address. She drove up and found a woman yelling at some men who were taking her furniture. There were kids running around screaming. Bulma took in the scene and debated on whether she should get in her car and just go. The woman looked at her and ran to her. "Are you here for the dog?" said the distraught woman.

"Uh, yeah." Said Bulma.

"Come right in." said the woman and escorted Bulma into her house. "You look very familiar. Have we met before?" She asked.

"Um, I don't think so." Said Bulma.

"You are Bulma Briefs aren't you? Your father owns Capsule Corporation. Miss Briefs, I would be so honored if you took Shadow. You see, my husband left me and my kids and I have to move into a smaller apartment because I can't afford this house anymore." She started to cry.

Oh boy, she thought. How do I get myself into these things? The woman took Bulma into the back yard. There she met Shadow. He was a 60-pound, hairy, black mongrel. This was not the type of dog she had in mind. She wanted a little foo foo dog that she could carry around in her purse. How was she going to get out of this?

When Shadow saw the 2 ladies coming toward him he started to get very excited. He was tied up on a short rope. Bulma went over to him and he gave her that pitiful sad look that all dogs are able to make. She was hooked. She leaned down and pet him and he licked her face. His tale was wagging 100 mph. "How much do you want for him." Asked Bulma.

"I would be honored if you took him. I can't charge for him. You can even have his cage and his bowl and his toys-and I have some dog food."

Bulma interrupted her, "I couldn't just take him. Let me give you something for him." She pulled out her checkbook and wrote her a sizeable check. She could spare it, she was rich after all and this poor woman looked like she could use it. Men are such jerks. Why do women put up with this crap?

"Thank you so much Miss Briefs. Shadow will be so happy with you, I just know it." She started to cry again. They loaded up all Shadow's belongings in her trunk and then Shadow himself sat on the floor in the front seat.

Bulma got in the driver's seat and started the car. She looked over at the dog, who by now was lying down. He had a very sad look on his face. It was almost like he knew what was going on with his master. She looked up at the family, who by now was waving at her. They were all crying. I am such a sucker, she thought.

Number one on her list was complete. At that moment she realized that she hadn't had a cigarette all day, and that she really wanted one. On the way back to Capsule Corp., she stopped at a pharmacy. She went in the isle with the stop smoking aides and picked up some nicotine patches. At the check out she picked up some gum and paid for her purchase.

When she got back to her car she opened the box with the patches and slapped one on her stomach. Shadow was watching her intently. She then put 3 pieces of gum in her mouth and started the car. "I can do this." She said to Shadow. He wagged his tail as if in agreement. Number 2 on the list was now done. On to number 3. Her parents would be home today from their vacation and she would talk to her dad about what project he could put her in charge of. She was glad her parents would be home. She wouldn't be alone with Vegeta in the house anymore and that would help a lot with number 4 on her list.

Vegeta had trained hard that day. He was trying to put the evening's events out of his mind, but that woman kept popping into his head. Maybe he could have her father make his training robots look like her, and then he could blow her away.

He wanted her; there was no denying that. He could just take her. There would be nothing she could do about it. He didn't care about her feelings and it had been a very long time since his last encounter with a female. After his hard training he decided he needed to eat. He felt much better than he had when he had gotten up that morning and hadn't had anything to eat yet that day. Hopefully the mother was home so that he wouldn't have to bother that woman. He turned off the gravity and got a towel. "My name is Bulma!" rang in his head. She was just a female. He vowed never to call her by her name, just to piss her off.

Bulma got home from her errands and unloaded her car. Shadow watched as she brought all of his belongings into her house. When she was done, she knelt down and pet his head. "You will like it here." She said, and gave him a big hug. Shadow wagged his tail and licked her face. "You would never hurt me, would you boy?" she said to the dog. He put his paw on her shoulder as if to answer yes.

"Are you hungry Shadow?" she said. "I know I am." Bulma walked backward into the kitchen, motioning the dog to follow her.

At the same moment Vegeta came in from training. He wasn't paying attention to where he was going and the 2 of them ran smack into each other. Bulma gasped and turned around to face the cold face of the Prince of Sayains. He looked past her at Shadow. "What the hell is that?" he said.

"It is a dog and his name is Shadow. He is my dog so you better just get use to it." She said.

"Fix me some food now woman." He growled.

"Yes dear." She said. She walked over to the refrigerator and opened the door. "You have plenty of time to shower before dinner is ready." She said smiling at his cold face. He grunted and walked out of the room. After he was gone, Bulma ran to the bathroom to check how she looked. Why did she pick today to not wear any make-up? She took her hair down from its ponytail and tried to poof it. It was useless. She looked like a girl who had drank too much the night before. She slumped over and walked back into the kitchen to prepare "his" meal.

Half an hour later Vegeta came back down from his shower. Bulma had everything going for dinner and had taken a break to look at a magazine when he walked back in. Shadow was under her seat and lifted his head when Vegeta walked back in. "Where's dinner?" he grumbled at her.

"It is cooking. Have a seat." He sat down next to her and she took a whiff of him. "You smell much better." She said and smiled.

He leaned over and took a whiff of her. "So do you. You don't smell like an ashtray."

"Thank you, I think." She said skeptically back to him. "Since I am starting my life over today, I am quitting smoking." She realized that she was supposed to start her life over yesterday, but she screwed that up, so she would just start today.

He realized he was still sitting precariously close to her, but she wasn't pushing him away. They gazed into each other s eyes.

This can't be happening she thought. I was supposed to be avoiding him and look at me. She leaned closer to him and he in turn did the same.

"Hello dear." Came a voice from behind them. It was Dr. and Mrs. Briefs, home from their vacation. "Look at you 2 sitting here." Bulma's mother was always telling her how she should dump Yamcha and go after that hunky man that was living with them. They both turned to see the blonde woman loaded with shopping bags. "I have something for each of you, now let me see." She piled the bags on the table and started going through them. Dr. Briefs came in with another pile of bags and set them on top of the ones already there. He had a cigarette in his mouth, and Bulma wanted it bad. "Now you know what I said about smoking in the house dear." Dr. Briefs walked out to the deck. "Now why don't the 2 of you go out and join your father. I will finish up in here dear."

They got up from the table and went outside. Bulma sat on the other side of the deck away from her father and his cigarettes. Vegeta sat on an opposite corner-away from her. Shadow followed them outside and put his head in Bulma's lap. "Who is this?" asked Dr. Briefs.

"This is Shadow. He is the new man in my life." Said Bulma. Vegeta grunted.

"I am not sure what Kitty will have to say about that. Where is Kitty by the way?"

"He is fine dad. I took care of her." Said Bulma.

Dr. Briefs put out his cigarette and went to look for his Kitty. Vegeta and Bulma looked at each other out the corner of their eyes, hoping the other wouldn't see that they were looking. Bulma walked over to where he was and sat next to him. "What were we talking about before my parents walked in?" she said.

"I believe it was your smell." He said.

She moved a little closer to him. "No, after you told me that I smelled good."

"I never said you smelled good. I simply stated you did not smell like an ashtray." He retorted. He moved closer to her. Their faces were as close as they had been inside.

"You said I smell good. I know you did." She said softly.

"You said I smell good." He said back to her. Their lips finally locked together. She moved into his lap on the chair and he welcomed her touch. She put her arms around his neck and he put his arms around her waste, exactly like it had been the night before, only this time they were both completely sober. It felt so good to kiss him. He was even serious about kissing and it was what she wanted to feel. Everywhere his hands touched her sent sensations through her body that she had been longing to feel.

Vegeta was so turned on. He was going to have her. He had to have her. There was no denying him at this point. All forms of reason had left him and his animal instinct had taken hold of him.

"Dinner is ready." Shouted Mrs. Briefs from inside the kitchen. They suddenly unlocked their lips and reality came back to both of them. Bulma looked at him. He didn't let her go.

She leaned over and whispered to him, "after dinner."

He looked at her. He wasn't sure he could sit through dinner with this bone in his pants, but he supposed he didn't have any choice. She got up from his lap and walked away backward, still looking at him in the chair. He got his bearings and managed to stand. Bulma held out her hand and he took it. They walked into the kitchen and ate in silence as they listened to her mom and dad recount their vacation. Mrs. Briefs wasn't at all pleased with the new mouth to feed, but warmed up to Shadow when he put his head in her lap. He was irresistible.

After they were done eating, Mrs. Briefs gave a pile of clothes to Vegeta and a pile to Bulma. Bulma also got a candle and some other souvenirs from the trip. "Now take these upstairs and see how you like them." She said. They both started to walk out of the room. "Bulma dear, can I talk to you for a sec." She said. Vegeta kept walking but Bulma came back into the room."

"What mom."

"Did I see what I thought I saw on the back porch between you two?" She was smiling.

"MOM!" she shouted. "You weren't watching us were you?"

"No I wasn't watching. I was coming out to tell you that dinner was ready, but doubled back when I saw the 2 of you." She looked mortified that her daughter was accusing her of peeping at them.

Bulma sat down at the table. "Yamcha and I are through. I have decided to start all over. That is why I got the dog, because I am done with men."

"Done with men?" questioned her mother.

"Vegeta doesn't count." She retorted. "He is just …..I don't know what he is, but it isn't serious." She said. "I am all done with the male species."

"All right dear." She said and patted her daughter on the shoulder. "Personally, I think he is a hunk."

Bulma got up from the chair and kissed her mom on the cheek. She walked up the stairs and to her room. Then she remembered the incident on the deck. She told him after dinner. It was after dinner now. What was she going to do? She got to the door of her room and opened it. He wasn't there. She went in and proceeded to put the clothes away that her mother had gotten for her. "I wonder if he expects me to come to him?" she said out loud. "Well, that's not happening." She said emphatically.

Vegeta likewise was in his room. He had thrown the clothes on a chair. "Why does that earthling insist on buying me clothes? What is it about this species that they are so fascinated by what they wear?" He would never understand. He went out to the balcony hoping the cooler air would get his mind off sex.

Bulma likewise needed some fresh air. She walked out onto her balcony and saw Vegeta standing there. He looked at her. It is now after dinner was ringing in both of their heads. Neither wanted to budge. They both stood there with their arms folded over their chest and stared at each other. Finally Bulma broke the silence. "I can't fly you know." She said.

He looked at her. He'd be damned if he was going to go to her. She had to come to him. "You can walk." He said.

She cursed under her breath. He was so arrogant. Why couldn't he just fly over here? She thought for a minute and then came up with a plan to get him to come to her. She took off her shirt and placed it on the wall of her balcony. He strolled to the side of the balcony that faced hers. Bulma turned her back to him and unhooked her bra. She turned her head back to him and slowly eased the straps down her arms. After it was completely off, she walked slowly into her room, her back to him the whole time. When she got back in her room, she ran into the bathroom and quickly tried to put herself together. She had to look perfect.

Vegeta turned his back to her balcony. She is teasing me. I will not take the bait. He went back in his room and started pacing his floor. All the while trying to talk himself out of the one thing he really wanted to do at that moment.

Bulma was rushing around looking for the perfect lingerie that would turn him on, trying to fix her hair and put on make-up. Shadow was perched on her bed watching as she ran around like a tornado. All of a sudden she stopped. Why hadn't he come over here yet? What was he waiting for?

Vegeta stopped pacing. Why hadn't she come to my room yet? What was she waiting for?

Simultaneously they both walked to their doors and opened them to see if the other was coming down the hall. They were both busted. Vegeta was about to shut his door when Bulma came out into the hall. She walked half the distance to his room and stopped. He could see her quite clearly and very much liked what he saw. He stood there for a while looking at her and then walked to where she was standing. He walked all the way around her to see her from every angle, and then stopped in front of her. "Your place or mine?" she said.

Before she knew what was happening she was being whisked off to his room. He dropped her on his bed and quickly stripped off his shirt. Bulma propped herself up on her elbows and watched. She smiled at him. He slowly leaned over her and began kissing her neck. She shut her eyes and lay back on the bed. He slowly eased himself on top of her and she wrapped her legs around him.

And so the seed was planted.