Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of the Universe ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, here's another chapter. I can't believe that it is at Chapter 4 already! Boy, I am so exhausted. How am I doing with this story? I have been typing almost all night! =) But it's all worth it. Please review!!!!!! I NEED REVIEWS!!! I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY!!!!!!!! Constructive Criticism? Questions? Comments? All of them are welcome, but NO FLAMERS!!!!! =) Anyways, enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z!!! (Do you know how tired I am of writing that?!?!?!?)
 
The Love of the Universe - Last Chance
 
Five Years Later…………………..
 
King Briefs and King Vegeta had decided not to merge into one planet.  Instead, they decided on keeping the planets separate, but ruling them the same. Many Saiyans moved to Chikyuu, and many Chikyuuians moved to Vegetasei. The Chiykuu people began teaching the Saiyan about their technology, while the Saiyans taught the Chiykuu people fighting techniques. Everything was going as planned. The Universe was in happier times than it has ever been in. Kami had announced that he could no longer feel Chaos's presence approaching, and that the Universe was safe once again. Also, in two weeks, Prince Vegeta and Princess Bulma were scheduled to be married. The Universe had plenty to celebrate about. So, King Briefs and King Vegeta decided to throw a  party to introduce the Universe to their new leaders. The Party was held in the Grand Ballroom of the Vegetasei Palace. The Ballroom was filled with all of the elite of the Universe, and even Kami made an appearance. King Briefs and Princess Bulma walked in the Ballroom. Bulma had her arm locked in with her father's. King Vegeta walked up to greet them.
 
“You look stunning tonight, Princess.” King Vegeta took Bulma's hand, flipped it over to the backside and kissed it. Bulma giggled a bit as the hair on his goatee ticked her fragile skin.
 
“Good Evening, King Vegeta.” Princess Bulma looked to see if Prince Vegeta was at his father's side. He was not there. “ How come Prince Vegeta isn't with you? I know he's not dancing, where is he?”
 
King Vegeta hung his head. “He said his training was more important, so he didn't come. He let his obsession with becoming a Super Saiyan control him. I don't know what to do with him anymore. I mean training for five years straight? He could of taken a break to come to his own party.”
 
“Is he in his Training Chambers?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Ok. I'll go and see him there.”  Princess Bulma excused herself and went to find Vegeta. She was really getting tired of this. For five years, he he'd been doing this to her, and she was going to put a stop to it tonight. She was totally in love with him despite the way he treated her, making her and everything else come second to his training and his strength. She always told him how she felt about him, but not once had he told her how he felt about her. Bulma reached the door of his training chamber. The door was closed, but she heard him inside, so she let herself in. Vegeta stopped training to see who dared to disturb his training, and as always, it was Bulma. He returned to his training.
 
“Hey! Why are you in here? Don't you have someplace important to be right now?”
 
Prince Vegeta, becoming irritated, stopped his training to talk to the Princess. He did in fact love Bulma, but he never showed it. In fact, he hid it so good, that she didn't even know it! Prince Vegeta now wore his bonding ring around his neck. It got in the way of his hands a lot since his ki blasts were coming from his hands. “I am someplace important now.” Vegeta looked at the Princess from head to toe. Her hair in a fancy french roll with a long piece of her hair falling on the side of her face. Her petite tiara sat on top of her head. She was wearing a long sparkling royal blue halter dress that flowed at the waist. She had matching heels to match the dress. Vegeta couldn't see the heels, but could tell that she had them on, because she was slightly taller.
 
“My training is where I am supposed to be, and why are you all dressed up like that? You look ridiculous!” Vegeta really didn't mean that. He knew she looked beautiful, but his pride wouldn't let him say so.
 
“I am dressed up like this because we, as in me and you, are supposed to be down the hall, in the ballroom, at our party.”
 
“Oh, yeah. It must have slipped my mind.” He said mockingly.
 
“Vegeta, stop playing games! Go and change right now!
 
“For what? I'm not going. I have to get stronger. I haven't reached my potential yet.”
 
“Dammit, Vegeta! Why are you still on this “Super Saiyan” issue. Chaos is no longer a threat, and you know that. So now, you have all of the time in the world to become a Super Saiyan. Who knows, maybe you'll become a Super Saiyan after we are married.”
 
“Married?” Prince Vegeta scowled. “You just said Chaos isn't a threat anymore, so why are you bringing up marriage. The plan was that if Chaos came, then we would have to get married, rule the Universe and defeat Chaos.. Now that Chaos isn't an issue anymore, we don't have to get married.”
 
Bulma was shocked. “So… you mean you don't want to marry me? We are scheduled to get married in two weeks.”
 
“We don't have too anymore. Why can't you get that through that thick head of yours, woman. The Universe…..”
 
“Fuck the Universe, Vegeta! This is about you and me and the way we feel about each other. I love you Vegeta, and you know that. I tell you all of the time. I would show you if you would spend more time with me. I want to marry you for love, not power to rule the Universe. Can't you see that?” Prince Vegeta didn't feel like arguing with her. He was eager to get back to his training.
 
“Ok, fine, whatever. We'll just get married, and rule the Universe for as long as we have to.”
 
Bulma gasped. “What? Vegeta do you love me at all? Do I mean anything to you, or am I just your ticket to being the Universe's ruler?” Vegeta just stood silent staring at Bulma, then he turned his back to her.
 
“Fine. I don't want to put you in a situation that you don't want to be in. You don't have to marry me.”
 
“What?” Vegeta turned to face Bulma. He flinched as he noticed that her eyes began to get watery. Bulma, trying not to cry in front of him, put her head down to prevent any tears that threatened to fall.
 
“I'm sure that you can talk Kami into making you sole ruler of the Universe. It shouldn't be that hard.”
 
“Humph, don't be silly, woman. It won't be hard at all.”
 
Bulma walked up to Vegeta, put her hands behind his neck, and removed the chain that held his bonding ring. “You know, I don't think that you took this ring off because it  affected your ki blasts, I think you took it off because our bond didn't matter to you. But then again, you still kept it with you. You are very hard to figure out. But I think I have. I think that you love me Vegeta, it just that your pride won't let you show it and your too obsessed with you own strength that you don't want to make any other commitments right now. I know that you will not me mine fully until you achieve your level.” Princess Bulma laid her right hand on his cheek. “One day, you will have to swallow your pride and admit that you love me. Until then, I have to let you go and be free.” Princess Bulma kissed Prince Vegeta on his cheek. “Come back to me Vegeta and prove your love for me. Come back to me when you become a Super Saiyan.”
 
 Prince Vegeta started to make a comment,  when he noticed a single tear all from one of her eyes. He had never made anyone cry before, and it kind of made him feel bad, but still he stood there with his face emotionless, not letting his feelings show.
 
“Goodbye, Vegeta.”
 
Princess Bulma walked out of the Training Chambers, clutching his bonding ring in her fist. She left Vegeta standing in the middle of the floor, alone. He stared after her for a moment,
 
“Hm….”
 
Prince Vegeta thought he heard someone. He turned to every corner of the room, but found nothing. He shrugged if off and began training once more.
 
Vegeta did in fact hear something. This was a snicker coming from someone who was had been watching the whole thing between Princess Bulma and Prince Vegeta. He slowly and quietly disappeared away from the chambers.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Princess Bulma walked back into the party, to find her father. She walked around and could find no trace of her father or King Vegeta. `Where are you father. I'm ready to leave. I don't want to be here another second.' She looked around the room again. Still nothing. `Oh well, I'm  leaving. I'll just see my father at home.' Princess Bulma walked out of the Ballroom and exited the Vegetasei palace. She started to walk to her and her father's aircraft when……….
 
“Why are you out here alone, Princess?” a voice said. Princess Bulma quickly turned around to see a man standing in front of her. He was a little taller than her, with long black hair and black eyes. He looked very familiar to her, but she couldn't recall where she had seen him before.
 
“You look very familiar to me. Where do I know you from?”
 
“Well, I was a servant at your palace about five years ago.”
 
“Oh, ok. Well Goodnight.” Bulma began to turn away from the man when he grabbed her wrists. “What are doing? Let me go!”
 
“No, princess. You have something I want.”
 
Princess Bulma struggled to free herself from the man, but failed. “Please, just let me go.”
 
“No.”
 
“Fine. I'll just call the Saiyan guards on you. They'll put you to death for handling royalty in such a manner.”
 
The man laughed. “My dear Princess, no one can hear us out here, especially since there is a party going on. Come to think about it, wasn't this supposed to be a party for you a Prince Vegeta?”
 
“That is of no importance of yours”
 
“Oh, but that is where you are wrong, my princess. It is very important to me. The man yanked Princess Bulma closer to him, all while she was struggling to get away. “In two weeks, you will become ruler of the Universe. I will rule beside you.”
 
“Your Crazy! Prince Vege…….”
 
“Prince Vegeta what?” The man said as he cut her off. “He's going to rule beside you? I don't think so. He doesn't even want to marry you!”
 
Princess Bulma slowly inhaled. “How did you know that? Who are you?”
 
“You want to know who I am? I don't think you can handle it.” The wind picked up drastically. The man began to glow. Bulma screamed as she felt his nails grow, causing them to dig into her skin. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, but when she re-opened her eyes. The man's appearance had changed drastically. His long black hair….gone. He had a bald head with blue veins popping out everywhere. And his eyes, no longer black. His eyes had a red glow. He was a hideous site and she couldn't look at him any longer, so she closed her eyes again.
 
“Open your eyes and look at the most powerful being in the Universe. I am Chaos!”
 
“CHAOS!!! Princess Bulma's eyes shot up to look at him. “No! this can't be. Kami said that you were no loner a threat to us.”
 
“Foolish Kami! He will be the first that I shall kill. I have been around for longer than you think, Princess. I even know about your bond with the Prince.” Chaos grabbed Princess Bulma's right hand and snatched her bonding ring off of her middle finger.
 
“No! Give it back to me!”
 
 “Without your bonding ring, you are no longer attached to that arrogant Prince. You now belong to me!”
 
“I don't belong to you! I never will belong to you! My heart belongs to Vegeta, I will never love you.”
 
“Well, according to Kami, there has to be two people to rule the Universe, that has a desire to guard the Universe, and those two must love each other and be married. The way I see it, we are already half way there. I have a desire to take over the Universe, and when I take it over, I will destroy it! We'll be married and you will love me!” Chaos's eyes began to glow a brighter red than they were before. His grip on Bulma got even tighter. His stare on her made Bulma look at his eyes. His magic had her locked in so she couldn't look away. She was trapped.
 
“You will pledge allegiance to me, Princess. You will love me. You will rule the Universe with me.”
 
Although she was locked into looking in his hypnotizing eyes, it had no effect on her.
 
“No!  I will never belong to you! I won't let you destroy my planet. Go to hell!”
 
“What!?!? His voice began to get deeper. He was shocked. Normally, his magic worked on Chikyuuian people, but she couldn't be controlled. “ The bonding ring has been removed, so now why won't this work!”
 
`The bonding ring?' Princess Bulma thought as he said this. She then remembered that in her left hand, she had Vegeta's bonding ring. She clutched the ring slowly, trying not to alert Chaos of it.
 
“Dammit! Bow to me, Bitch!”
 
“No, I will never bow to you! I will never fall under your spell, leave this place. You have no purpose here. You have lost.”
 
“No I haven't. I have other ways of getting what I want!”
 
Bulma then felt a evil aura circling around her. She couldn't breathe. She began gasping for air. Her whole body went numb, and her eyes went wide.
 
“Stupid Princess. All you had to do was agree to marry me and rule the Universe, but no, you had to flaunt your love for Prince Vegeta.  Well, let's see how Prince Vegeta's love for you gets you out of this!”
 
The evil aura closed in on Bulma and entered her body, causing her to collapse. She tried to crawl back into the palace but fell out instead. She couldn't move. She felt herself drifting away. Chaos laughed evilly and disappeared, but not before leaving a message behind.
 
 
“Help, me Vegeta…….please.” She said almost in a whisper, and then she  lost all consciousness.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Prince Vegeta walked out of his Training Chambers and headed for the Ballroom. He could have sworn that he heard Princess Bulma calling him. On his way to the ballroom, he came across his father and King Briefs.
 
“Hello, son. Finally decided to join the party.” King Vegeta said as he smiled at his son.
 
“No, father. I was looking for the woman. Where is she?”
 
“I don't know where my daughter is. Last time I saw her, she was going to look for you. Did she ever catch up with you?”
 
“Yes, and…..” A Saiyan guard that was running towards them interrupted Prince Vegeta.
 
“Your Majesties! Something terrible has happened!”
 
The two Kings became worried, and Prince Vegeta just stood there listening with his arms folded across his chest.
 
“What happened?” King Vegeta asked.
 
“I don't know, exactly. I was walking outside of the palace to get some fresh air, and I stumbled upon a body.”
 
“A body? A Saiyan body?”
 
“No, sir, it's not a Saiyan body.”
 
King Briefs began getting worried.  “Where is this body?”
 
“Outside sir, please follow me.”
 
The two Kings and Prince Vegeta followed the Saiyan guard outside. The guard had covered the body so that it would be safe until he got back.
 
“Well, what are you waiting for? Show us who this is!” Prince Vegeta said becoming annoyed at the guard.
 
“…….”
 
“Oh fine! I'll do it myself” Prince Vegeta kneeled down to the body and removed the cover that laid over the body. He stood up and slowly backed away from the body when he saw who it was.
 
`No……………….'
 
 
A/N: Ok, what do you think? Hate me yet? Now the story begins!!!!!!!! Yay! I hope you have enjoyed it so far! PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need reviews!!!!!!!!! Ok, see you next chapter!
 
Till next time!
 
Ja!