Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of the Universe ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

OMG! The reviews are great! Sorry for the Cliffhanger. I didn't mean it, really! =) I don't have much to say, so here's Chapter 5! Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. (I do own this cool all-Vegeta T-Shirt, though.)
 
~~~ = Scene Change
****  = Flashbacks
 
The Love of The Universe - The Message
 
“KAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the two kings shouted as they knelled down beside him. King Briefs noticed that he had a wound to his chest. He put two fingers to his neck to check if he had a pulse. He did. He was still alive.
 
“We have to get him to a doctor. He still has a pulse, but it is very faint.”
 
“We have a doctor inside. Come on, men, we have to hurry.” King Vegeta said as she began to lift Kami off of the ground. Kami awoke from his unconsciousness to speak.
 
“N….No, Vegeta.”
 
Startled, King Vegeta quickly put Kami back on the ground. “Kami, you need help!”
 
“No, I don't. It's my time to go…..” Kami began fading in and out of consciousness. “Come here, Prince Vegeta. Prince Vegeta walked to Kami and kneeled at the side of him.
 
“Yes, Kami?”
 
“Please protect the Princess and defeat Chaos. If you don't, the Universe will cease to exist. Please do it out of your love for her……….” With those words, Kami passed away. The guard re-covered his body and took him inside.
 
“Chaos did this?”  King Vegeta said as he began talking to King Briefs.
 
“It looks like it. Kami said that he wasn't a threat anymore. Damn. What should we do now?”
 
“Well, it looks like we'll be going to war.” King Briefs and King Vegeta began walking into the palace, leaving Vegeta outside. He was still kneeling on the ground, thinking about what Kami had just told him.
 
`Protect the Princess……The Universe will cease to exist……Do it out of your love for her………Protect the Princess………' Prince Vegeta stood up and began to walk into the palace with the two kings.
 
“I am sorry for interrupting you again, but another body has been found.” A guard said as he walked behind the three men.
 
“Not another one.” King Briefs said. “Can you two finish up here, I've got to go and find……” King Briefs turned to take a glance at the guard. He looked at the woman that he held in his arms. “BULMA!!!” All three men ran up to the guard. Prince Vegeta took Bulma from him.
 
“I found the Princess by the bushes. This was there as well.” The guard pulled out a folded  piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to King Vegeta. King Vegeta unfolded the piece of paper, and read it.
 
“Soon…..Very Soon.” King Vegeta flipped the paper over to see if there was anything else, but there was nothing. “What does this suppose to mean?”
 
“I don't know, but we have to get someone to examine her at once!” King Briefs said worriedly.
 
“Yes, of course.” The three men hurried into the palace in search for a doctor.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chaos stood on top of his castle on the other side of the Universe.
 
 
“Foolish Kami. Your life may have been sparred if you hadn't interrupted my plan.”
 
*                       &nb sp;                         &nb sp;          *            &n bsp;             ;            &n bsp;             ;            &n bsp;       *
 
“Stupid Princess! All you had to do was agree to marry me and rule the Universe, but no, you had to flaunt your love for Prince Vegeta. Well, let's see how his love will get you out of this!”
 
 Chaos grabbed Bulma and began to disappear.
 
“STOP CHAOS!!!”
 
Chaos paused to look at Kami standing in front of him.
 
“What do you want Old Man?”
 
“Let her go!”
 
“Not a chance, she's mine now!
 
“I said let her go!” Kami ran towards Chaos and tackled him to the ground, causing Chaos to drop Princess Bulma. She began to crawl back into the palace, but collapsed by the bushes.  Chaos and Kami wrestled on the ground for a while, then Chaos felt Kami getting weaker, and so he used this to his advantage.
 
“You foolish old man! You think that you can stop me? The most powerful being in the Universe?” Chaos began to laugh. “Well, it's a shame that you won't be around to see me take your position.” Chaos put  a hand up to Kami's chest and shot a blast through him. Kami fell off of Chaos, and Chaos disappeared, with out Princess Bulma.
 
*                       &nb sp;                         &nb sp;          *            &n bsp;             ;            &n bsp;             ;            &n bsp;       *
 
“Damn Him! He ruined my plan.” Chaos began to walk inside. “Well, its kind of good that he came when he did. I may have killed her if I would of brought her back here. Why didn't my spell work? What is it that blocked my spell from working on her? Well, no matter, I've put her to sleep until I can figure out how to break this barrier.”
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“What's wrong with her, doctor?” King Briefs asked as the doctor finished up examining the Princess.
 
“Well, she's been put under some sort of deep sleep.”
 
“Will she wake up?”
 
“I don't know. What I do know is that Chaos tried to put her under a spell, but something was protecting her from it. Some sort of barrier.”
 
Prince Vegeta walked over to the sleeping Princess that lay in his bed. He decided that it was better for the Princess to stay in his room, so that he could keep an eye on her. `A barrier', he thought as he kneeled down beside her. He looked at her hands that were at her sides. He noticed that her ring was gone from her right hands. `How could there be a barrier if her bonding ring has been removed?' Then he looked at her left hand. It was balled up. He lifted her hand and noticed a chain dangling out of it. He gently opened up her fist, and found his ring. `The ring is the barrier. But why?' He removed the ring from her hand and placed her hand back down.
 
“I won't let him hurt you again. I'll kill him for what he did to you.” Prince Vegeta whispered as he stood up to walk out of the room, but not before taking one last glace at her. “I'll put my life on it.”
 
  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chaos's eyes glowed a bright red. He felt it.  An opening!
 
“The barrier has been lifted! Ha ha ha! Now I shall get what I deserve! Now I shall have the UNIVERSE!!!!!” Chaos walked to his castle's window and stared  out of it.
 
“Soon…very soon, my Princess………”
 
 
Ok. Sorry this took so long. I have writer's block, and I still have it. =(  The next chapter will be out a lot sooner, and it will be a lot longer. =) Now, I have one word for you guys.. ~Review~ (pretty please?)
 
Ja!