Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of the Universe ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi everyone! I hope that you all are enjoying the story so far. =) Please get out and review you guys! Constructive criticism, ideas, anything. I welcome any and every comment. ^. ~  Please enjoy Chapter 6. (P.S. I have written enough disclaimers, so I will not write them anymore. I feel that they kinda take away from the story.)
 
~~~ = Scene Change
*** = Flashbacks
 
The Love of the Universe - An Unexpected Awakening
 
King Vegeta and King Briefs sat in the Vegetasei conference room waiting for Prince Vegeta to join them. He went to check up on Princess Bulma. They had decided to hold a mandatory Universal meeting so that they could figure out a way to destroy Chaos. Prince Vegeta walked into the room, and his father stood up to greet him.
 
“Well, how is she?”
 
Vegeta scowled. “She is the same as she was before. Still asleep.” Vegeta walked closer to his father when he noticed four Saiyan guards, one at each of the four corners of the room. “What the hell is this?”
 
“I felt that we may need some extra protection, seeing that we don't know when Chaos will strike next.” King Briefs said as he stood up next to King Vegeta.
 
Vegeta crossed his arms and looked the other way. “Humph, whatever. I don't need protecting.”
 
King Vegeta sighed. “I know, son. I know.” King Vegeta changed the subject to avoid an argument with his son. “King Briefs, what do you think Chaos is planning to do next?”
 
“I'm not sure. I'm sorry, King Vegeta, but I can't think straight.” King Briefs began to rub his forehead in frustration. “I can't stop thinking about my daughter. What was he trying to do to her? Do you think he was trying to kill her?”
 
“No. She is too important of an asset to get rid of. If Chaos's goal is the rule the Universe, then he would have to marry Bulma. She was chosen to become one of the rulers. The way I see it, my son can get rid of Chaos after he and Princess Bulma are married two weeks from now. Right, son?”  King Vegeta waited for his so to respond, but he didn't. “Right, son?”
 
Prince Vegeta, still with his back to his father, decided to speak up. “No, father. We are not getting married.” King Vegeta and King Briefs began to speak, but Prince Vegeta put his hand up to silence them. “The Princess and I had an argument about it during the party. I told her that I didn't want to get married because it wasn't required anymore since Chaos wasn't a threat. She kept pestering me about it, so I gave in and said OK to her marriage request. She then asked me if I loved her.”
 
“Well, what did you say?” King Briefs asked as he walked up behind Prince Vegeta.
 
“I didn't say anything.” Prince Vegeta turned to face King Briefs and his father. “Then in so many words, she said that we didn't have to get married and she took the chain that held my bonding ring from around my neck.” Prince Vegeta walked away from the two kings. “When we found her and took her up to my room, I noticed that she had my ring balled up in her hand. I think that Chaos was going to harm her, but the ring had put a barrier around her. I took the ring from her hand and tried to figure out why it protected her. I still haven't figured it out.”
 
King Briefs walked until he was in front of Prince Vegeta, causing the prince to stop dead in his tracks. “It protected her because you two were bonded by Kami, and not only that, it protected her because you love her.”
 
“What? That's Absurd! I do not love that woman!”
 
“You must love her. When Kami chose the both of you, he said that the bond would be broken if you two were not in love with each other. I know that my daughter loves you, you know it too. Why is it so hard for you to say that you love her?” At this moment, Prince Vegeta began to get very angry, causing his ki to rise greatly.
 
“Listen to me. I am a warrior. I am destined to become the Legendary Super Saiyan. I am not going to lower myself to love. It causes one to be weak, and that is something that I am not, nor will I ever be.”
 
“I don't buy it, Vegeta.” King Briefs walked up closer to him. “If you didn't love her, then she would probably be dead right now, and she isn't awake now, probably because you are too proud to admit your love for her. But I know that you love her. Just admit it!”
 
“Never.” Prince Vegeta growled, hopping that this would scare the Chikyuu King into turning away. The Prince hated when people tried to figure him out, but her hated it even more when they were right about him.  King Briefs refused to back down from the Prince. “Ok, you want me to admit something? Fine! I admit that I begun to care about that woman, and it weakened me. If I  hadn't cared about the woman, then I would have reached my Super Saiyan level by now.
 
“No, you wouldn't have, son.” King Vegeta walked up to his son and King Briefs moved out of the way so that King Vegeta could stand in front of his son.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“You can't become a Super Saiyan just by strength alone, son. You have to have a purpose, something worth fighting for. So far, you haven't had that. If you don't have the love or the passion for that, then you will never become a Super Saiyan.”
 
Prince Vegeta just stood there, staring at his father. “Sorry father, but I don't believe you. As I left her in my room, I vowed to her that I would defeat Chaos. I would say that is something worth fighting for. Now that I have a purpose for becoming a Super Saiyan, it doesn't matter if I love the woman or not.”
 
“Yes it does, Vegeta. Maybe if you admit that you love her, then she might wake up and be freed from this spell that she is under.”
 
“I already told you father, I don't love…” King Briefs cut him off.
 
“If you don't want to admit it to us, fine. At least admit it to her. I think you owe her that much. Maybe it will wake her up, maybe it will take something more, but at least she'll know.” Prince Vegeta's eyes went wide at the king's words. `What will happen if I tell her that I love her?'
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chaos appeared in the Prince's bedroom, in front of the bed that held Princess Bulma. He walked to the side of the bed and stood next to the top half of her body. He examined her.
Her hair was no longer in the elegant French roll it was in. Instead, it was loosely hanging down past her shoulders. He snapped his fingers and she awoke. Her eyes slowly opened and she sat up half way. She rubber her eyes for a moment. then looked around the room. “Where am I?” She looked to her side and saw Chaos. She jumped out of the bed and tried to run out of the room, but Chaos put his hand up to release a vibe that sealed the door shut.
 
“Where did you bring me?”
 
“I didn't take you anywhere. We are in Prince Vegeta's bedroom.”
 
“Then what the hell are you doing here?”
 
“I'm here to claim you, Princess.”  Chaos began walking closer to Princess Bulma as she backed farther and farther away from him.
 
“You'll never have me!” Chaos surprised Princess Bulma by appearing in front of her. She was too startled to move. “Let's not have this conversation again, my princess.” Chaos grabbed Princess Bulma violently by her throat. She tried to call for help, but he was holding her throat to tightly. “You belong to me!” Chaos lighted up on his grip and stared  into  her eyes. “Now, let's try this again. Pledge allegiance to me!” Bulma couldn't get out of his stare, she was trapped and she felt a hypnotizing vibe coming from his eyes. “N..No. I won't.” Chaos began to get mad and tightened his grip once more. “Dammit! There are no more barriers. Both of the rings have been removed. Why isn't this working?!?”  Princess Bulma replied to his statement. “Because I don't need a bonding ring to protect me. I have love in my heart. That's what is protecting me, Chaos. My love for Prince Vegeta and his love for me. It is a bond that will not and can not be broken.” Chaos let go of Bulma's neck. `Ok, maybe hypnotizing won't work on you princess, but I have something else for you.' Chaos smiled evilly at Princess Bulma as she stood up to him bravely. Chaos's eyes glowed red and the room went pitch black. Princess Bulma looked around the room. “What's going on here?”, she asked him as she looked back at where he was, but he was not there any more. He was gone.  There was a thin line of smoke that was floating around the room and began circling around Princess Bulma.
 
“What is this? Get away from me!” Princess Bulma tried to fan the smoke away, but failed. The more she fanned, the more smoke came around.
 
“Dear princess…Do you really believe that Prince Vegeta loves you” a voice called out. Bulma turned in circles trying to figure where the voice was coming from.
 
“Who's there?!? Show yourself!”
 
“You didn't answer my question, princess. I'll ask you again. Do you really believe that Prince Vegeta love you.”
 
“Well, of course he does!”
 
“How do you know? Has he told you?”
 
“Well, not exactly, but….”
 
“Tsk Tsk. My dear princess, if he didn't tell you, then how do you know?
 
“…….”
 
“That's what I thought.” The thin black cloud of smoke now covered Princess Bulma. Suddenly she became confused.  She couldn't think straight. All of the thought in her head were all jumbled. `What's happening to me?' she thought. Everything around her began to look fuzzy, and the smoke that covered her made it hard for her to see.
 
“The Prince doesn't love you. He only loves himself and his strength.”
 
“No. Stop it. That's not true!” She noticed that the voice was moving closer to her. She squinted her eyes to attempt to look through the now deep smoke that covered her completely.
 
“Stop kidding yourself.”
 
“But he does love me. Doesn't he…”
 
“ I am afraid he doesn't, my princess. He will never marry you. I know, he told me himself.”
 
“No, it can't be! We are bonded to each other.”
 
“ Obviously, the bond didn't matter to him because if it did, he would be here with you now. He would be trying to save you.”
 
Princess Bulma's eyes began to close. She no longer had control of her body. “He doesn't love me? He doesn't love me.”
 
“That's right, princess.” The voice kept coming closer until it was in the cloud of black that covered Princess Bulma. This voice turned into Chaos. “You don't need love. Love is a weakness, that's why Prince Vegeta will never love you.”
 
“I don't need love. Love is a weakness,” she repeated helplessly.
 
“Please allow me to take away all of your love, all of that weakness that you hold inside.”
 
Princess Bulma nodded. Chaos laughed evilly, stepped out of the smoke and watched as the black smoke dissolved into her body.
 
“In a second, everything that I want will be within my grasp.”
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Two hours later…
 
The two kings and the Prince were still in their meeting. Prince Vegeta was sitting at the opposite end of the table from his father and King Briefs. He sat there tapping his fingers on the tabletop while thinking about what was more important.  His strength or his princess. He knew the answer, and he decided that it was time to stand up and face it like a man. He was going to tell her that he loved her.
 
“Father, I am going up to my room. I will be back shortly.” Prince Vegeta stood up and began walking to the door.
 
“Why? Are you going to check up on Princess Bulma?”
 
Prince Vegeta turned to his father. “Something like that.”
 
“That won't be necessary.” a familiar female voice called out.
 
King Briefs and King Vegeta stood with shocked looks on their faces as the looked at Princess Bulma. She was awake! Prince Vegeta turned from his father to look at the princess. She was no longer in the royal blue dress she was in. Instead, she was wearing a long black tight sleeveless dress. Her hair was hanging down, and she had her crown on. Prince Vegeta stared at her. She was beautiful as ever, but he noticed that there was something different about her. Princess Bulma walked up close to Vegeta and placed her hand gently on his face.
 
“Hello, Prince Vegeta.”
 
He flinched at this act. Her hand was very cold, especially for a human, since humans are warm-blooded. He looked at her skin. It was very pale. `Maybe that is from being under that sleeping spell.' He then looked up to her eyes. They were once a beautiful blue, but now they were red. Princess Bulma watched him as stared at her and she smirked, causing her eyes to glow red for a moment. She walked past Prince Vegeta and stood in front of her father.
 
“Father, I would like for you to arrange a marriage ceremony for me. Please schedule it for three days from now.”
 
King Briefs became overwhelmed with joy, while Prince Vegeta stood in the background, looking dumbfounded.
 
“Oh, honey! I am so happy that you and Prince Vegeta are going to but aside your differences and get married, It's for the best, and I know that one day, Vegeta will love you as much as you love him.” Princess Bulma began to laugh.
 
“No, father. Prince Vegeta is not the man that I am going to marry…” Both King Briefs and King Vegeta's eyes went wide in disbelief.
 
“What do you mean, `Vegeta is not the man that you are going to marry'? If you are not going to marry him, then who are you going to marry?”
 
Princess Bulma smirked and held out her left hand. “Allow me to introduce you to the next ruler of the Universe……” Chaos appeared at her left side and held her hand. King Briefs and King Vegeta stood there looking at the two in fear, while Prince Vegeta looked at the man with fire in his eyes.
 
“His name is Chaos.”
 
 
Well, that's Chapter 6. Please review. All comments are welcome. I know that some of you may not like this part, but hey, it's a story, right? It needs stuff like this. Once again, please review! ^.~
 
Till next time.
 
Ja!
 
Author's note: You all may not like this chapter. I have terrible writers block. Please review and tell me what I am doing wrong, or what I am doing right. Thank you lots! =) If you have to flame, do as you must. I can take it! Just Review!