Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of the Universe ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note pt.1: I tried really hard to get this to you all sooner. Honestly I did! All of the reviews were wonderful. I think that was the most reviews that I have ever got for one chapter. I love you guys. ^. ~ I had a couple of obstacles to overcome to write it. Please read Author's note pt.2 after you read this chapter. Enjoy!
 
P.S. BIG THANKS to NightZone and Mia Skywalker for helping me out in this chapter. I couldn't have done it if weren't for you both.
 
 
The Love of the Universe-The Battle for the Universe
 
Prince Vegeta and Chaos were still staring each other down at the top of the castle. Vegeta glowed a bright gold as Chaos glowed a fiery red. Vegeta had his power at its maximum.
 
“The Universe is mine!” Chaos said as he took a fighting stance,
 
Vegeta smirked, also taking his stance. “The Universe belongs to on one. But I see that you want to fight for it. Let's not wait any longer, shall we?
 
Vegeta and Chaos then began attacking. Both men were in the fight of a lifetime.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
King Briefs ran from Vegetasei's royal chambers, while King Vegeta ran from the roof. Both of the men felt an enormous ki enter the palace, and they feared that it was Chaos. It was only there for a split second, and then it was gone.  They pinpointed where the ki had been and arrived at the closed door to Prince Vegeta's room. King Briefs ran from the right side of the hall, stopping to the right of the door, while King Vegeta ran from the left side of the hall, stopping at the left of the door.
 
“What are you doing here, Briefs?” King Vegeta asked as he held his chest while gasping for air. King Briefs did the same.
 
“I felt a strong ki, so I came!” King Briefs turned from King Vegeta to look at the door. “Do you think he's still in there?”
 
“I don't know. I don't feel any ki, but if he's suppressing it, I'll blast him as soon as we open the door.”
 
“I don't want to open the door!” King Briefs said as he backed away a little.
 
“Why?!?”
 
“Because we don't have any back-up. Where are the guards?”
 
“I don't know, but we are here now, and we are about to open this door! Stop acting like a scared child.”
 
“Fine. Let's just get this over with.”
 
The two kings opened the door. King Vegeta gathered up a very powerful ki blast, ready to attack anyone who jumped out at them, but they found no sign of Chaos, or the person who had the powerful ki. King Briefs looked around the room. The lights were off, and it was darker than usual due to the storm that they were having. King Briefs stumbled on something on the floor, causing him to fall on the side of Prince Vegeta's bed. He grabbed the top of the bed to prevent him from falling, but he grabbed something else.
 
“Vegeta, turn on the light. I have come across a body.”
 
King Vegeta turned on the light, and both of the King Briefs face lit up as he looked at the woman who lay sleeping on the bed. Princess Bulma. She was lying on her side, curled up. King Briefs' eyes filled with tears of joy as he began to pick up his daughter, but King Vegeta stopped him.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Remember the way she was when she left? How do you know that this isn't a trap? That powerful ki that was in the palace could belong to her! The only way  to know if she back to normal is to wait until she wakes up.”
 
King Briefs began walking away from the bed, when he heard a soft moan. Bulma was waking up. He quickly returned to the bedside and watched his daughter awake. When Bulma was fully awake, she looked straight at her father, and King Briefs could tell that she was OK. Her eyes were the bluest they have ever been. King Briefs jumped on the bed and hugged his daughter. King Vegeta smiled from the other end of the room.
 
“Bulma! You're awake. You're OK. Oh, I am so happy to have you back!”
 
Princess Bulma forced a light smile. She was still very weak. She looked around the room, and found King Vegeta, but Prince Vegeta was nowhere in sight. She got up off of the bed and walked to the window.
 
“How did you get back, Bulma?” King Vegeta asked curiously.
 
“Prince Vegeta brought me back. He saved my life.” She turned from the window, to the two kings.
 
“How did he bring you back so quickly?”
 
“I don't know. I had passed out by then, but before then was amazing.”
 
“What happened?” King Briefs asked.
 
“Well, Chaos was trying to use me as a bomb to destroy the Universe so that he could re-build it in darkness. He told Vegeta that I was going to die. Then Vegeta got horribly angry and threw an attack at Chaos, and it sent him flying off of the roof. This caused a lot of smoke, but when the smoke cleared, Vegeta was different…”
 
“What happened to him? Was he hurt?” King Vegeta asked in concern.
 
“No,” she said smiling proudly. “He became a Super Saiyan.”
 
King Vegeta concerned look turned to a smile that he could not control. “A Super Saiyan, huh? My son is a Super Saiyan!”
 
Bulma turned back to the window. “But it's not over yet. Chaos must have survived. If he didn't, Vegeta would be here with us right now. There's a fight going on. I can feel it.”
 
“Well, I guess all we can do now is wait.” King Briefs said as he sat down on the bed.
 
Princess Bulma continued to look out of the window. `Come back to me safely, Prince Vegeta. Come back to me.'
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chaos and Vegeta were in the air circling each other. They had been fighting for a while now. But both knew the other was holding back.
 
“This has to end. Are your attacks for real Prince Vegeta?” Chaos asked as he started off round two of their fight. He cleverly broke through Vegeta's attacks and  swiftly kicked him hard in the chest. Chaos then began an all out assault on the prince's rib cage, which was easily blocked by Vegeta. “Or are you just playing with me?”
 
Vegeta kept on blocking Chaos's attacks. He didn't know that Chaos would be such a worthy opponent. He gave Vegeta a challenge, but Vegeta was right there, answering to any and every attack that came his way.
 
“What's the matter Chaos? Are you in a hurry to die, because if you are…” Vegeta stopped talking as he grabbed a hold of Chaos' wrist and kicked him in the groin, which sent him flying into the ground. “I'd be delighted to help you out.”
 
Chaos started to get up, but his legs wouldn't let him. `Dammit!'. Chaos tried his hardest not to show that he was in pain. He didn't want Vegeta to get any ideas. If Vegeta seemed to be the better fighter, he had a back-up plan.
 
Vegeta looked at his opponent and smirked proudly at the fact that he couldn't move. From his angle, it almost looked as if he were in pain. It was a wonderful feeling. Vegeta then landed beside Chaos and lifted him up. He landed a series of punches and kicks that left Chaos bloody and broken at his feet. Vegeta gave Chaos one last kick that sent him flying about fifteen feet away. `Humph. All too easy.'
 
Chaos watched as Vegeta began to walk away. `I know that he doesn't think that he has won that quickly.' He slowly stood up. Hearing noises in the background, Vegeta turned around in time to see Chaos slowing standing up. He was clenching his jaw, which was most likely to be broken. “Now I know that you are not holding back. Well then, neither will I!”
 
Chaos began to glow a dark green. His hair became longer and white, while his eyes went to a deep bloody-red color. His hair started to whip around from the energy surrounding him.
 
Vegeta stood completely still with his arms crossed across his chest as he watched Chaos power up, allowing him to complete his transformation.  After Chaos' transformation was complete, Vegeta flew straight at him, ready for a real fight.
 
Chaos looked down at the prince who was flying towards him. He was receiving all sorts of attacks, but it didn't really seem to faze him. Without effort and yawning at that, Chaos grabbed Vegeta's fists and kicked him to the ground below. He watched in joy as Vegeta fell to the ground, causing it to crumble. Vegeta quickly got up and was about to attack again, when Chaos appeared suddenly out of nowhere and kicked Vegeta back down, causing Vegeta to cough out blood. Vegeta stayed down and wiped the blood away from his mouth. He took a good look at Chaos. It was unbelievable that Chaos was winning at this point. Just a few moments ago, he was bloody and broken, but now the situation was flipped.
 
`This can't be happening!' Vegeta thought as he focused on Chaos' ki. ` Its horrible. I almost don't know how to approach it. No Saiyan or anyone has had that kind of power, but I won't give up! There are too many things riding on this!'
 
“Did you have good daydream Prince Vegeta?” Chaos asked as he broke Vegeta out of his trance.
 
“Shut up, you worthless piece of shit. I will emerge as the victor, while you will be destroyed.”
 
Chaos chucked. “Those are BIG words Prince Vegeta, but…” Chaos suddenly flew down to the ground and landed a punch in Vegeta's stomach so hard that the rest of the ground that Vegeta damaged, completely caved in. Vegeta couldn't move. He definitely didn't expect this to happen. Chaos stood over the now pile of rocks that held Prince Vegeta.
 
“So Vegeta, is this all the power the legendary Super Saiyan possesses? Pathetic!” Chaos stretched both of his arms out in front of him, and began to form a horrible ki ball in his palms.
 
Vegeta, struggling to even open his eyes Vegeta took a glimpse at the huge red ki ball that Chaos was forming. Not being able to stand the pain, Vegeta's eyes closed.
 
`No! It was not suppose to happen this way! He can't win. He'll destroy my planet, my people, the Universe, and…her. I wanted to protect everything that was important to me, and everything that I believed in. I owed it to her. I wanted to show that I cared in my own way, not just by saying the words, but to save the Universe and to avenge Kami's death. I tried.'
 
Seeming as if Vegeta was giving up, he just laid still, welcoming the blast that Chaos was about to let loose.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;                         ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Bulma put her hand up to her heart. A horrible feeling flushed through her body.
 
“He's giving up.”
 
“What?!?” King Vegeta snapped as he passed over to Princess Bulma.
 
Bulma began to cry. “He can't let it end like this. I can't let it end like this. He needs help. He's hurt.”
 
King Vegeta ran over to the door. “I'll go assemble the guards as quickly….” King Vegeta was interrupted as he noticed a warm, calm but powerful energy. He looked over in the direction where it was coming from. Princess Bulma stood still facing the window with her head down and her eyes closed. She has her hands in a praying position with her fingers intertwined. She was glowing.
 
Bulma focused her energy. She inherited this gift from her mother, and was told never to use it unless it was a horrible emergency. Now was definitely  the time.
 
`Vegeta, please accept this energy. You are the Universe's last hope. Fight with everything you have. We are counting on you.'
 
Bulma focused her energy with his and sent her energy.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;                         ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Vegeta suddenly felt a warm, very powerful energy flow through his veins. He didn't know what it was. He thought that it was one of Chaos' attacks, so he tried, with the little strength, he had to try and fight it, but then he heard a voice.
 
`Vegeta, please accept this energy. You are the Universe's last hope. Fight with everything you have. We are counting on you.'
 
Normally, Vegeta would be too proud to accept anything like this, but today, he couldn't. He had too much at stake, and he wasn't going to sit around and let every thing that he cared for be ruined by Chaos. He'd be damned if he'd have this on his conscience.
 
Vegeta welcomed the energy. It was unbelievable. Chaos noticed something strange and took his focus from his ki blast, causing it to vanish. Vegeta was still lying in the rocks, but suddenly, place that held Vegeta exploded. Chaos covered his eyes from the dust and the rocks that were flying, but when he thought it was over, he uncovered his eyes. With her energy mixed with his, he became ascended. His hair stood a little taller, and his glow was accompanied by lightning. Vegeta flew up to meet Chaos face to face. He smirked at him, while Chaos looked at his newly revived opponent.
 
“It seems now that you have more powers. Impressive, but I afraid it's not enough.” Chaos said to Vegeta who was still staring at him. “What's the matter, Prince Vegeta? Don't have enough power to beat me? I know. Aww, too bad. I have enough to beat you. Still not budging? Ok, let's try this. I'm going to kill you, and then I'm going to kill that blue haired bitch of yours, how's…AAAHHH!”
 
Chaos didn't get a chance to finish his words, because Vegeta kicked him in the gut and sent him flying to the ground. Chaos slowly rose from the ground, holding his midsection. He stared in shock at the blood coming through his shirt.
 
“You got lucky with that one, Vegeta, but it won't happen again.”
 
“Bring it on old man, if you think you can!”
 
Vegeta watched as Chaos approach him at what seemed like super slow speed. When Chaos reached him and started his pathetic attack, Vegeta grabbed him by the throat and began to squeeze off his air supply.
 
“You are not worth my time.”
 
His grip got a little tighter.
 
“You are nothing to me.”
 
Vegeta then threw him down to the ground and powered up a small ki blast in his hand. He looked down at the man who had threatened the life of everything in the Universe, the man who had threatened the life of his future mate. He then released the ball in his hand and watched.
 
The ki ball Vegeta formed went right through Chaos's heart and his body fell back to the ground with a thud.  Not wanting to wait around to see what was going to happen next, Vegeta built one last ki blast and disintegrated what was left of Chaos.
 
He powered down and transmitted himself back to the Vegetasei Palace.
 
          & nbsp;           &nbs p;             ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Bulma stayed at the window, trying to sense the fight between Chaos and Vegeta. King Vegeta and King Briefs had left the room a little while ago, leaving her by herself. It was too quiet, and she could no longer sense Chaos or Vegeta's energy. She felt her heart drop, thinking the unthinkable. 
 
“No, Vegeta…” Bulma said in almost a whisper.
 
“No, Vegeta, what?” a voice called from behind.
 
Bulma snapped around at the voice and there he was. His clothes were torn, and he had bruises and cuts on his arms, chest and legs. She ran over to him and hugged him tightly. Vegeta stood there with his arms down while she hugged him. His face stayed emotionless as always. Bulma looked up at him, and he couldn't help but smirk, then he put his arms around her waist.
 
“I'm so glad that you are here! You're not dead!”
 
“Silly woman, you know I couldn't die that easily!”
 
“Are you hurt?” she asked as she touched his bruises. He flinched slightly at the stinging sensation that followed her touch.
 
“Stupid question.”
 
Same arrogant attitude, but she didn't care. She had her prince back and that was all that mattered. She looked up at him and he placed a hand on her cheek. He pulled her head up to his and they embraced in a deep, passionate kiss.
 
“I love you  Prince Vegeta.” Bulma said as they pulled apart from each other. She didn't bother to wait for his answer, because she already knew. He'd already said it and that was good enough for her. Suddenly, she remembered that before all of this happened, they were suppose to get married on their 21ts birthdays. They still had a week, but she remembered what he said about not wanting to be married. Maybe he changed his mind.
 
“Hey, Vegeta?”
 
“What?”
 
“What about getting married?”
 
Vegeta smirked at the curious look that she gave him. Then he responded.
 
“What about it?”
 
 
The End
 
Author's note pt.2: Awwwww! You know I'm not going to end it there. So, will Vegeta and Bulma get married?  You'll have to stick around and wait for the Epilogue! I hope you liked it! I took extra time and care to give you all the best chapter of the story! Thank you to all of my reviewers and to all who encouraged me. I love you all. This would have been out last night, but ff.net was trippin'. I was so sad last night, because the news reported that Daniel Pearl was killed by the terrorist. My heart goes out to him and his family. We'll win this fight!!! GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!  See you all in the epilogue. It will be out a lot sooner than this chapter!
 
Please review! ^.~
 
Ja!