Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga ❯ Our Job Here Is Done ( Chapter 17 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: *Picks up kitten, Pouncer and looks under her* Hmm...Still no inspiration for a disclaimer... *walks off to look in other various parts of the home*

A/N: Here we are. I finally got another chapter out. Thanks for all the support and reviews. I love you guys! *hands out bowls of warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top* Enjoy!

BRIEF LIVING ROOM

Bulma - (watching TV)

Mikomi - (walks in)

Bulma - (looks at clock and frowns) What are you doing home so early?

Mikomi - (sighs) The manager and I...didn't see eye to eye....

Bulma - (frowns) Mikomi...how much is this going to cost me?

Mikomi - (shakes head) Nothing.

Bulma - (nods) Good. (yells) Now get to you room! You are grounded!

Mikomi - (eyes widen) What?! You're not my mother!

Bulma - No. You wouldn't behave like this if I were. But I am paying your bills, and I say you're grounded. So unless you have some place else to go that doesn't include Chi-Chi or her family's land, I suggest you get yourself up to your room!

Mikomi - (growls) This is so not fair!

Bulma - Fair or not, go to your room.

Mikomi - (sighs and stomps to her room, slamming the door and throwing herself on her bed in a huff) I hate this planet!

Tiger - (moves to snuggle with her)

Mikomi - (gives a small smile and pets her neck) Of course, I don't hate you. (closes eyes and Gohan comes to mind and she smiles) I don't hate him either.

NEXT DAY

Asuke - (sighs and rubs eyes) This planet really does have a lot of different life forms.... (goes back to filling containers with DNA information)

SCHOOL (LUNCH)

Erasa - Yeah. So I was like, "No, Mom. Shoes don't go in the freezer!"

Sharpener - (laughs) That was a funny one! Got anymore?

Videl - Uh...actually I think I've had enough jokes for right now. Right Gohan?

Gohan - (sitting beside Videl, nods)

Erasa - (frowns) What about you, Mikomi?

Mikomi - (pushing food around on her one plate, shrugs)

Gohan - Mikomi...are you okay?

Mikomi - (shrugs)

Videl - Gohan, leave her alone. She obviously wants to be alone right now.

Gohan - (frowns)

Sharpener - (puts an arm around Mikomi's shoulders) Whatever it is, babe, tell me and I'll make it all better.

Mikomi - (growls and glares at him) Take your hands off me this instant.

Sharpener - (quickly pulls his hand back) Sorry, babe.

Mikomi - (sighs deeply before standing, taking her tray and dumping it in the trash across the cafeteria)

Gohan - (frowns) I wonder what her problem is.

Erasa - She doesn't want to talk right now. (giggles)

Gohan and Videl - (ignore Erasa)

Sharpener - Yeah, that's gotta be it!

Videl - (rolls eyes and mutters) Moron.

Gohan - (watches Mikomi walk out of the cafeteria) Videl...I'll be back in a minute.

Videl - (frowns)

Gohan - (doesn't wait for a reply and goes after Mikomi) Mikomi! Wait up!

Mikomi - (sighs and turns around) What, Gohan?

Gohan - (catches up to her) I was just wondering...is everything okay?

Mikomi - (sighs) Go back to your girlfriend. I'm fine. (turns and begins to walk away)

Gohan - (catches her arm) Tell me what it is.

Mikomi - (turns around and jerks her arm away) You keep your hands off me too.

Gohan - (frowns) I'm sorry.... I was just...worried about you.

Mikomi - I don't need anyone to worry about me, so leave. (turns and begins walking away)

Gohan - Even Vegeta needs friends.

Mikomi - (pauses) What do you know about friends?

Gohan - I know I want to add you to my list.

Mikomi - (sighs and turns around) What do you want from me?

Gohan - (steps forward to stand in front of her) Tell me what's wrong.

Mikomi - (looks away)

Gohan - (softly) I won't laugh.... Who knows? I might even understand.

Mikomi - (raises her eyes to his) I miss home.... I hate this planet.... I want to go home.

Gohan - Oh. So what's keeping you?

Mikomi - Asuke hasn't finished her part of our mission yet.

Gohan - Oh.... Well, I don't know when you'll get the chance to go, but until then, why don't you try to enjoy what's left of your stay? (softly) With me.

Mikomi - (blinks in confusion)

Gohan - (leans down and brushes his lips against hers as the bell rings)

Mikomi - (opens her eyes and pulls back)

Gohan - (blushes as students pour in the hall)

Mikomi - (gives a small smile before bashfully turning around and walking away)

Gohan - (watches Mikomi)

Videl - (walks up) So, did you find out anything?

Gohan - (startled) Huh?

Videl - (sighs impatiently) Mikomi. Did you find out what's wrong with her?

Gohan - (nods) Yeah. She's okay now. (starts to class)

Videl - Well, what wa- (notices Gohan) Gohan! Where do you think you're going?!?

Gohan - (doesn't hear Videl as he goes to his next class)

AFTER SCHOOL

Mikomi - (humming, walks in Capsule Corps)

Bulma - (looks up) Hi there. `Bout time you got home from school. Why don't you join us for a cup of tea? (motions to Asuke, tea and an empty seat beside her on the sofa)

Mikomi - (nods) Okay. (sits beside Bulma) So...what's the occasion?

Bulma - (to Asuke) Do you want to tell her, or shall I?

Asuke - (smiles) Mikomi, I'm done.

Mikomi - (lifts a brow) Done? What do you mean?

Asuke - I've completed all the work I can at the moment. It's time to go home.

Mikomi - Go home? You mean back to Planet Muse?

Asuke - (nods)

Mikomi - How could you?! Just when things are looking up! (stands) I don't want to go! I refuse and you can't make me! (runs from the room and slams the door to her room as she sits on the bed, staring out the window, fuming)

Bulma - (sighs) I'm sorry. She's been like that lately. I don't know what's gotten into her.

Vegeta - (standing in the doorway) She's confused and lost, of course.

Asuke - (nods)

Bulma - Oh? Well, I guess I'll go talk to her. (stands)

Vegeta - (shakes his head) She's a Saiyan. I'll take care of it. (walks away)

Bulma - (sighs and sits back down)

Asuke - Can we trust him to not do even more extensive damage?

Bulma - (nods) We really don't have much choice.

Vegeta - (knocks on Mikomi's door)

Mikomi - Who is it?

Vegeta - (quietly enters and sits beside her)

Mikomi - (still looking out the window) Why do things have to be so...complicated?

Vegeta - (snorts) Because that's life.

Mikomi - (looks at Vegeta) Well, I don't like it, not one bit. All my life I've been alone, searching for others like me. Then I get an assignment and meet my family of all people, find a place where I belong. And now I have to go back. Back to being alone.

Vegeta - Stop whining. You're a Saiyan princess. Act it. You have your duty to tend.

Mikomi - I don't care about duty! I want to stay!

Vegeta - There are ways. If you wish to move here, you'll find a way, but take care of your responsibilities first. Go. Make your report. Then you can return.

Mikomi - Vegeta...I'm sorry I've been so awful. I've acted like anything but a dignified princess. I've caused your family a lot of grief.... Are you sure anyone even wants me back?

Vegeta - Kakarot's boy does. Gohan.

Mikomi - (gives a small smile and nods) I know.

Vegeta - (nods) Now pack your bags and get out. You've been here too long and worn out your welcome.

Mikomi - (smiles brightly and hugs Vegeta) You're everything I had hoped you'd be and more.

Vegeta - (reluctantly hugs her back before growling) Enough! Let go of me!

Mikomi - (laughing, releases him) Get out of here so I can pack!

Vegeta - (leaving, smirks) I don't want to be around you anyway. Ungrateful brat. (walks out)

Mikomi - (smiles) Yeah, that's my brother for sure.

A/N: Is it just me or does Vegeta have a definite soft spot for his baby sister? Next chapter? I haven't even started it yet! *sigh* I really do need to get to work on it. Don't I? Well, it'll be out sooner or later, so just be patient. Until then, Peace and Out.