Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The World Still Goes Round ❯ Tabit ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Ow. . . . . . . son of a . . . . .ergh. . . . .Dende has got to be the worst dancer in this universe!!" Piccolo groaned as she soaked her feet in the hot water spring. She sighed contentedly.


"Garooo!!!" Tabit, Piccolo's pet a greater sand hill crane, flapped his wings.


Piccolo laughed, "You're right Tab, maybe I should purposely step on his foot. After all why should I feel all the pain?"


Tabit flapped around, did a flip, twirled and bowed, all the while purring. Then he ran over to the namek, nuzzled her and placed his head on her lap.


"I love you too, Tab." She said and stroked the crane's long neck.


"Uh. . . . . . .hi Piccolo. Is this a bad time?" Gohan said appearing, seemingly, out of nowhere.


Piccolo inwardly screamed, was there no time when that pesky little bug DIDN'T bug her? But worst of all he caught getting all sentimentally mushy with an animal!!!! "No. Its not a bad time."


The half saiyan skipped over to where Piccolo was sitting with her feet still in the water and sat down. "Wow that's a greater sand hill crane. They're supposed to be really secretive and shy around people. Where'd you find it?"


"Got driven from the nest when HE was just a downy. I even saw his sister shove him out. Almost died in the muck if I hadn't scooped it up, I left it there to die but it followed me. Even managed to find me when I had flown just about 5 miles from the area. Must've imprinted me as his mum." Absent mindedly she stroked the crane's white feathered neck. "He's 5 years old. Name's Tabit"


"Wow. Crane's are very rare these days, almost extinct. You should have released him when he was old enough to fly."


Piccolo shrugged, "I tried but Tab followed me instead of the other cranes. Its even almost as fast as me in flight and can sense power levels too." She patted the crane's beak, "Funny bird."


Gohan smiled then frowned, "What happened to your feet? They look like you've been dancing with Dende."


Piccolo turned her head slowly and stared at Gohan. "What?! I was only kidding! So what happened?"


Piccolo turned her head and looked straight ahead blinking, "I was dancing with Dende. . . ."


Gohan blinked. "You're kidding right?"


Piccolo shook her head. Tabit sensed uneasiness in his owner, "Ga-ga-roooooook?!"


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Short. My ideas are running VERY far away from me. Must catch up!!! *runs after the ideas* Damn! Oh well I'll just go and wait for them. . . . . .home. They'll probably be there waiting at home for me like little Bo Peep's flock of sheep.