Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things get worse, before better! ❯ Everyone, except me. ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
It was a beautiful sunny morning at Master Roshi's Island. So beautiful, that all the Z fighters, and their families and future family members, were all gathered around on the beach.
 
Krillin and his 4-year old daughter Marron, we're swimming in the shallow waters near the beach. “Come on Mama!” pleaded Marron. “Please come in with us!”
 
18 just stood there, as if she was afraid to jump into the water. “Come on honey!” said Krillin, “You know what Bulma said, the water won't hurt you anymore!”
 
18 still didn't move. She wasn't sure if it was safe for her to dive into the water, because although she was half human now, she was still part cyborg; Diving into the water would normally cause her damage.
 
However, Bulma had given 18 a special coating inside her systems, so the water wouldn't do anything critical.
 
18 still didn't move, “I don't know you two,” she said, “I'm not sure this is…” she was cut off, because Vegeta had snuck up from behind her, and pushed her into the water.
 
18 shrieked when she came up for air, but as surprising as it was, the water wasn't hurting her at all. “You didn't have to push me in like that!” she snapped at Vegeta.
 
“Oh, put a cork in it” he mocked, “The only way to test the suit out is to try swimming!”
 
18 turned to her husband and daughter, “Do you hear how he's treating me?” she asked, “Now!” said Krillin lifting Marron up, and she playfully spat water a her mother's face.
 
Krillin and Marron shared a hysterical laugh together; an 18 wiped the water from her face, and snickered. “Oh, you two are going to get it good” So she joined her family in the swim.
While up on the beach, Goku and family were discussing plans about Gohan and Videl's up coming Wedding. “I can't believe I'm going to have a new sister,” cried Goten.
 
“You sure are kiddo!” replied Videl, and Gohan whispered something into her ear. She nodded and giggled. “What's so funny?” asked Goten.
 
Videl moved closer to him, “As your sister, there is something I need to know about you!” she said, and then started tickling him. “It's how ticklish you are!”
 
Soon Goku's entire family joined in the tickling fun. They were all laughing so hard, that the all nearly wet their swimsuits.
 
On another part of the beach, Trunks and Bulma were making a sandcastle, the biggest one they had ever made. Only Vegeta stood out of it. “Come on Dad, join the fun” asked his son.
 
Vegeta just snorted, “I, the Prince of Sayin's, participate in a childlike activity Please!”
 
“Oh come on Vegeta!” snapped his wife, “Quit being grumpy, and make this a real family activity.” Vegeta just turned his head away. “Absolutely not!” he grunted.
 
“I bet I know how to get him to join in!” said Goku, who was taking a rest from his tickling game with Goten. “Vegeta, if you help Bulma and Trunks, I'll have a sparring match with you later on!”
 
Vegeta's head snapped up at once, a Sparring match with him would be great, but still, did he really have to help his family. He hesitated, and then gave up.
 
“Curse you Kakarot, Curse you!” he snorted, “All right, I'll help out, but you'd better keep your word about that match Kakarot!” “Don't worry I will!”
 
So Vegeta joined his family in their making the sandcastle, and what do you know, he was actually enjoying himself.
Yes everyone on the beach was spending a wonderful time with his or her loved ones… Even Oolong and Puar were becoming quite close, after setting their differences aside.
 
Launch and Tien, even got married and moved away. Some say it was because Launch made Tien an offer he couldn't refuse…if you knew what that means.
 
Yes, everyone there was having a wonderful time with their loved ones…except one…
Yamcha!
 
He was sitting on the parts of the beach, on the other side of the Kame House, all by himself.
 
For unlike the rest of his friends, Yamcha was the only one who had no loved ones to call his own, and he really wanted one too!
 
He sat on his beach towel, with his knees pulled up to his chest, resting his head on them as he stared off into space.
 
It hadn't been since he broke up with Bulma, that he had a date with any girl, or was being chased by groups of women, who called him cute, and wanted a piece of him.
 
Now, that he had given up on fighting, no woman in the world saw him for what he used to be anymore, and had no interest in him.
 
In fact, the only other girl who ever really liked him was Krillin's ex-Girlfriend Maron, but even Yamcha agreed that she was much too ditzy for his liking.
 
For Yamcha, this was like watching Bulma and Vegeta get married all over again, he never felt so hurt before, not even in battle.
 
He always knew love hurts, but he had absolutely no idea, that it could this much.
 
It was like being, blamed for a crime you didn't commit, losing your home, and being thrown onto the streets, all rolled into one!
Boy, I tell you, you were looking at one very sad warrior.
 
“Yamcha,” said a small familiar voice. Yamcha looked down and saw his faithful companion Puar, the shape-shifting cat.
 
“Yamcha, the others are all swimming!” she said “Come join the fun.” But Yamcha barely even moved. “No thanks Puar” he sadly said, “You go ahead. I'm not in the mood.”
 
Puar never heard Yamcha sound so down before. “Yamcha, what's the matter?” she asked. “He's just down in the dumps!” said Oolong, peeking from behind the corner.
 
“Oolong, what do you know about feelings?” asked Puar. “Well you see” her boy/pig-friend said. “As surprising as it is, I too felt the same way like Yamcha when went on a girl hunting streak!”
 
“Hey Pigs-feet, don't say things like that!” snapped Puar, but to her surprise, Yamcha just said. “No Puar, he's right, that's why I'm in the dumps!”
 
Puar just looked shocked. “Yamcha, so that's why you!” Yamcha nodded his head. “I'm not like you two, or the rest of the gang.” He said sadly, “I don't have a sweat-heart to call my own anymore!”
 
“Don't worry man, you'll find one!” said Oolong, but that was the wrong thing to say, for Yamcha just levitated himself into the air, and into the house, where No one could see him!
 
“Way to go Hog-head!” snapped Puar, “What?” said Oolong.
 
* * *
 
That night, the party had taken inside the house. Everyone was still talking with their loved ones, and Yamcha was still up in his room feeling sorry for himself.
 
He paced round the room, while at the same time, insulting himself with words like. “Dummy, Idiot, Dolt”
 
“It's just not fair. Everyone else can seem to find happiness, so why am I always the one left in the dark?”
 
He walked over to the stereo, and played a song that he knew. He began singing as the song started.
 
* * *
 
-I'm so Lonely, So Lonely,
So lonely and sadly alone
There's No one, just me only
Living in my life of stone,
 
-I fought really hard, and tried to make friends,
But nobody listened, and don't understand.
Seems like No one takes me seriously.
 
-And so…
I'm Lonely, really lonely.
Poor little me!
 
* * *
 
A few tears started dripping down his face, but knowing it was improper for even an ex-warrior to cry, he regained himself, and continued the song.
 
* * *
 
-There's Nobody, I can relate to.
Feel like a bird in a cage,
It's kind of silly, but not really
Because, it's filling my body with rage.
 
-I am smart; I am clever, and physically fit,
But nobody else seems to realize it.
I thought getting stronger, would make them see me.
 
-But because it failed…
I'll just be lonely, really lonely.
Poor little me.
 
* * *
 
Yamcha opened the window, and stared blankly out at the darkness of the of the night.
 
* * *
 
-I'm so…LONE-LY…!