Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things get worse, before better! ❯ Yamcha Explodes! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
“Hey Yamcha!” called Bulma. Yamcha poked his head outside, “Yeah, what is it?” he asked. “Come downstairs! Gohan and Videl have an announcement to make!”
 
Even though he didn't really feel like going down there, to all the happy couples and families, Yamcha went downstairs anyways.
 
* * *
 
“Gohan and I have an announcement to make!” said Videl, when she saw that she had everyone's attention, she turned to her fiancé.
 
“Our wedding plans have been completed!” said Gohan feeling a little shy, but proud as well. “We'll be getting married by the end of the week!” he finished.
 
Everyone started applauding the happy couple. Then there was an exchange of handshakes and hugs from friends and loved ones. Chi-Chi just couldn't stop shedding her tears of happiness for her son.
 
“My little boy is getting married” she sobbed, “It's like a dream” but Gohan shook his head, “No it's not a dream mom, it's really happening”. Then he held out the ring box that held the wedding rings.
 
“Yamcha?” He asked walking over to him. “I know this is so sudden, but Videl and I have been talking about it and!” he paused, and the handed him the ring box. “We'd like it if you were my best man!”
 
Yamcha took the ring box, but inside he was ready to blow up. As everyone started cheering for Gohan and Videl again, Yamcha felt his anger rising, and rising.
 
As Yamcha's anger rose, the Z fighters began to sense a powerful burst of energy. “Hey, what's that energy?” asked Krillin. Puar recognized it at once.
 
“Uh oh!” she shrieked, “It's coming from Yamcha” Everyone turned, and sure enough, Puar was right. Yamcha's breathing was getting heavier; his teeth were grinding so hard that his veins on his head were showing.
 
“Yamcha what's wrong?” asked Videl, “I know what'll help him out” she said to everyone. “Yamcha, if you agree to be Gohan's best man, I'll let you dance with me first at the wedding”.
 
Finally, Yamcha snapped. He held up the ring box in his right hand, and in front of everybody's eyes, He crushed the box, until both it and the rings inside were flat like pancakes.
 
“YAMCHA!!” snapped Gohan and Videl at the same time. “Yamcha how could you!” cried Gohan. “Yeah, we paid a lot of money for those rings.” Yelled Chi-Chi.
 
“SHUT UP!” screamed Yamcha, and even Vegeta was quivering in fear at the sound of anger in his voice.
 
“I Can't Take This Anymore!” Yelled Yamcha, as he threw the remains of the rings on the floor. “You Guys Claim To Be My Friends, And Yet You All Rub It In That I'm Still Single!”
 
Everyone shot confusing looks. “Well I've Had It! I Don't Need You Guys, And You Don't Need Me!” he turned towards the door. “Yamcha that's not true!” cried Krillin. “Of course we need you!”
 
Yamcha looked angrily down at him “Oh Yeah, What For!” he asked, and as suspected, nobody came up with an answer. “Just As I Thought!” said Yamcha, he kicked open the door.
 
“Yamcha wait for me!” cried Puar, but before she even got her paw out the door, Yamcha shot a small energy beam toward her, and it almost hit its target.
 
The frightened cat looked up at her master. “Yamcha why did…?” she was cut off. “Just Leave Me Alone Puar!” Yamcha snapped “I Told You That I Don't Need Anybody, That Means YOU AS WELL!”
 
Puar felt as though she was hit by Yamcha's blast, as he turned away. “Yamcha where are you going!” asked Bulma.
 
Yamcha's anger was replaced by sadness in his voice. “I'm headed back to the wastelands where I belong” he cried. “I'm going Home” and with that, he slowly lifted into the sky, and was gone.
 
“Yamcha!” Puar softly began to cry, she lost her best friend in the whole world.
 
Everyone else had No idea still why Yamcha was acting like this.
 
* * *
 
Yamcha's sadness made it difficult for him to see where he was flying. So he landed just at the foot of the desert where he used to live as a Bandit.
 
He even found some panhandlers player music at the foot of the desert. He tossed a gold Zennie coin into one of the cases.
 
The flute player noticed him walking into the desert, with his shoulders slumped forward, and his head hanging low.
 
“Boy, he looks Blue!” he said to his comrades. “I think he looks more fleshy in color” said the electric-keyboard player” The violinist shook his head. “No, no, no. It means he's depressed!”
 
The cello player kept staring at Yamcha, until he disappeared into the night in the desert. “Come on guys; let's play something soft for guys like him!”
 
His comrades agreed, and started playing a rather sad song.
 
* * *
 
Yamcha continued to walk sadly to his old Bandit home in the desert, while singing words to the music he heard those men at the foot playing.
 
He sang words that best described of how he thought his friends were all treating him like. As well as his sorrows form being alone.
 
* * *
 
-Couples here, and there.
It's just not fair
If only they'd look closer,
Would they see a lonely guy?
No sir'ee
 
They'd find out, what they're doing,
To Me
 
* * *
 
He climbed into his house; it was just like he left it. Yamcha started a fire in the fireplace, and made some soothing tea, as he continued to sing.
 
* * *
 
-Sorrow's, Lonesome
On my own some.
Here in this cold, cruel world.
There are so many guys out there,
Why pick on Me
 
To find and feel love is very hard,
Don't you see?
 
-Seeing couples everywhere.
Knowing love is in the air.
Something people love to see
 
-Yearnings that bring good will
Always is such a great big thrill.
Everyone has found love, except for Me
 
* * *
Yamcha sadly climbed into his bed, and stared out at the starry skies.
 
* * *
 
-No hugs, No kiss,
I don't like this
It's really one big disaster.
I just want another chance,
Please hear my plea.
 
I don't think, a life like this is good.
For Me!
 
* * *
 
Yamcha lay down in his bed, and decided since no one could hear him or see him, he softly began to let out his emotions.
 
He cried, and cried, and finally cried himself into a deep dreamless sleep. He was a broken guy.