Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things get worse, before better! ❯ How, and Why! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
Poor Yamcha really didn't get too much sleep that night. Every time he closed his eyes, he felt his sadness return to attack him again. Besides, it was feeling quite different being back home in the desert again.
 
Yamcha's stomach gave a sickening growl. He needed food, but he couldn't just go into town and buy anything, what if he ran into the others. Besides, he gave his last piece of gold to those panhandlers last night, and they were now gone.
 
“Man, why do I always have to do it the hard way?” he groaned. When Yamcha was a bandit, he used to send Puar outside to fetch him food.
 
Now Puar was gone, he had told her to go away. Even so, he was no longer the greedy tyrant he once was. So how was he to get any food and money?
 
“I've got it,” he said to himself, he felt into his pocket, and sure enough there was his Dragon Radar, and it was working.
 
“If I gather all the Dragon-balls, then Shenron can give me food and wealth.” Yamcha was about to fly outside, when he suddenly stopped.
 
“Wait, what if the Earth is attacked by more evil creeps” he said to himself, “We'll need all the help we can get.”
 
“Besides, I know that over using those things will unleash those creepy dragons again!”
 
Yamcha sat down in his armchair, and sulked. “Oh why did I give my last coin to those panhandlers?”
 
Then suddenly, he had another idea, “The wishes aren't the only thing the Dragon-balls can do”.
 
He remembered a long time ago, when he first met Goku and Bulma, they said that not many people know of the Dragon-ball's powers. They seem to think they're nothing more than beautiful treasures, worth a fortune.
 
Yamcha regained his confidence, and was out the window again with his radar, in search of the Dragon-balls.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile back in Hercule-city, Videl's Dad Hercule had paid for two new Weddings rings for his daughter, and his future son in law, out the kindness of his heart.
 
“I swear!” said Hercule roaring like a tiger. “When I find that Yamchop guy, I'll break him in two for what he did to my little girl!”
 
Ever since Hercule found out what Yamcha did to the Wedding rings, he swore to find him and him pay through the nose.
 
“Hercule?” said Gohan “It's Yam~Cha, not Yam~chop. Besides, you know as well as we do, that can't really even scratch him!”
 
“Oh yeah, right!” said Hercule putting on his cowardly lion act. “It's okay Dad!” said Videl. “The important thing is, we've got our rings back!”
 
Gohan however, was still unsure about why Yamcha crushed the other rings in the first place.
 
Even if Yamcha wanted to talk to the guys know, he was suppressing his Ki-energy, so they couldn't find him. All they did know, is he said he had gone back to his old desert home.
 
* * *
 
By the end of the day, Yamcha had already found all the Dragon-balls, and sold each one to a by passing rich man. Which each paid a heck of a lot for those glittering balls.
 
It was a really good thing that not one of them knew what the balls could really do for you, and that no one else was tracking them down.
 
So to be cautious, Yamcha put each ball in a special case, which made them undetectable by anyone else's Dragon radar, even Bulma couldn't find them now.
 
Yamcha was in his house laughing like a Madman. He made almost Two-hundred-Million Zennie in only one day. That was definitely worth more that World Tournament ever gave away.
 
He would have had exactly $200.000.000, but he already bought some stuff to fix up his home.
 
A refrigerator and cupboards, all just packed with enough food for a year. An air conditioner, in case it got too hot in the desert. A TV in case he got bored of sitting around all day.
 
The best thing he got out of all of this merchandise, was a pair of solar powered generators to give his things their power by drawing energy from the sun.
 
Since it was always a sunny day in the desert, the generators were given more than enough energy to last a lifetime. Since there was two of them, if one broke down, the other would take its place while the other was being repaired.
 
And solar powered items, did not cost any money at all. Yamcha was regaining a life he wanted, well almost.
 
A long time ago, he told Puar that he wanted more than just money and stuff.
He needed to find his wife, and didn't know how much longer he could stand to be alone.
 
Even though Yamcha's financial problems were out of the way, he still felt so low for not finding his wife. These only made his sadness return to bug him again.
 
All the money in the world wouldn't worth anything without love and care in Yamcha's life.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, back at the Kame house, everybody was still talking about Yamcha's rage.
 
“I just don't get it!” said Krillin, “Why would Yamcha think were not his friends?” “Even Vegeta never got that angry before!” added Goku.
 
Vegeta looked up, “And just how do you know how Angry I've ever been Kakarot?” Goku just waved his hands in the air, “No offence Vegeta, don't take it so hard.” He said.
 
“Lets think about this a minute” said Bulma “now when did Yamcha first start feeling upset, and why?”
 
Puar spoke out, “It was yesterday, at the beach party. Yamcha was sitting all by himself while we played with our loved ones”
 
Everyone's eyes widened. “And when Videl and I asked him to be best man” said Gohan, “He completely lost it!”
 
Krillin finally realized the problem. “That's what's wrong with Yamcha” he said, “He must feel so jealous of our families, and the wedding.”
 
“But why?” asked Bulma, “We haven't been doing anything to make him feel jealous!” Chi-Chi even agreed with her. “In fact, when you two broke up, we've been expressing our pity for him”
 
“Yeah, I remember!” said Gohan. “We even told him that one day he'd find the right girl for him!”
 
“But don't you see?” said Krillin. “He hasn't even found a new girlfriend yet!” 18 caught on. “Yes, that's right!” she added. “He's still one of the only one of us who has no family to call his own!”
 
Everyone's jaw dropped, “And all we ever did,” said Goku, “Is try to cheer him up with words!”
Everyone couldn't help but exchange worried looks to each other. “Oh man, Poor Yamcha!” cried Gohan looking outside.
 
“No wonder he's so pissed at us,” cried Videl, “He's heartbroken, and all we did was rub it in his face!”
 
“What are going to do about it!” asked Goku. “Why don't you use your brain Kakarot!” snapped Vegeta. “It's painfully obvious what we should do. Go find him and apologize!”
 
Vegeta noticed everyone starring at him. “Why are you gawking at me?” he yelled. “Why Vegeta, we never knew you cared so much!” said Bulma.
“Yeah Dad!” added Trunks, “You're really not so mean after all.”
 
“What, No I…you…we!” Vegeta stuttered as his wife and son gave him a big hug. “Oh, I'm getting to soft for this!” he groaned.
 
* * *
 
Back in his desert home…
 
Yamcha had finished eating a chicken meal for one. He ate all that food, but he still felt empty inside. The food was delicious, but he still wished he had someone to share it with.
 
No wife, No friends who cared, and Puar was banished. Yamcha was starting to regret the way he had treated everyone, but then again, they should've know better than to tick him off that way.
 
Yamcha was watching a movie on his new TV set. It was about a man who was just like him. He wanted to find love, but had no success.
 
 
Music was starting to play in the movie. Yamcha found himself singing the exact words the man was singing, as he looked out the window at the night.
 
* * *
-Is there, anyone?
Anyone, to guide me
Is there, anyone?
Willing to stand beside me?
 
-Is there, just one heart?
I can be, a part of.
Is there, anyone?
Who won't turn, me away…
 
* * *
 
From miles away at the Kame House, everyone looked up from their sleep to the voice being heard in the distances of the night.
 
“Yamcha?” asked Puar.
 
* * *
 
…Who is waiting to say,
I want you, to stay here.
Forever, and ever!
 
-Is there, anyone?
Who will let me love them.
Is my, searching done.
Please care, anyone!
Be there…
 
IS THERE ANYONE!
 
* * *
 
Yamcha managed to turn off the TV, before collapsing onto his bed, and bursting into tears, again!