Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things get worse, before better! ❯ What a Day! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
The next day as promised, The Z fighters and families headed out into the desert, in hopes of finding Yamcha, and apologize to him.
 
When they reached his desert cave, they found that Yamcha wasn't home. “Where did he get all this stuff?” asked Krillin.
 
“I always assumed that we were the richest ones on this whole team!” added 18. “How on earth could he have more money than me?”
 
Krillin turned to his wife. “Now calm down honey!” he said, “We'll just have to find Yamcha and ask him how!”
 
“There's only one problem to that Krillin!” said Goku. “Haven't you been sensing anything weird lately?”
 
Krillin closed his eyes, and started sensing so many Spiritual-energy sources that were exactly alike.
 
“Yamhca must be suppressing his Ki!” he said, “Exactly” said Goku, “even if we go out there on a search mission, we may so many Ki's we won't know which is Yamcha's.”
 
“Well we can't just stay here and wait for him to come home!” groaned Bulma. “My skin will shrivel up in this heat!”
 
Vegeta wasn't impressed. “Fine then, you go home, and I'll stay and join the search!” he snarled. “And what is that supposed to mean!” snapped his wife.
 
“If all you're going to do is complain about your looks, you'll slow us down.” Vegeta huffed. “It's your choice, either you come, or you go!”
 
“Humph!” snapped Bulma, “Fine, I'll go, some one has to watch over Marron anyway!”
 
“Gee, thanks Bulma,” said Krillin “You're a real friend!” Even 18 shot Bulma a thankful smile. “Just don't let her out of the house alone, got that?”
 
“Yeah, Yeah, whatever!” snapped Bulma. Then she wiped out a Dino-cap, pressed the little button, and there was her flying car. “Hold on there Bulma!” said Chi-Chi climbing in beside her, “I'll go with you!”
 
* * *
 
After Bulma and Chi-Chi left, Goku made the search plans. “Okay now, Gohan and Videl, you two search the Plains and the Mountains!”
 
Gohan and his fiancée nodded.
 
“18, and Krillin, you search all six of the cities!” Goku shot 18 a straight look, “And No shopping detours.”
 
“Awe, not even just a little?” sighed 18, “Come on honey!” replied Krillin, “If you help us today, I promise you a full day of shopping tomorrow!”
 
18 bent down, and kissed her husband sweetly, “Oh Krillin, you're so sweet!” Krillin blushed, “Yeah, I suppose I am.”
 
“Trunks and Vegeta, you two go search the islands!” said Goku. “Very well Kakarot, if we must” said Vegeta.
 
“Oolong and Puar, you guys head to Baba's palace. Maybe we can ask her where Yamcha is!”
 
The two creatures nodded.
 
“As for me and Goten, we'll go to the look-out and ask Dende! We'll all meet back at the Kame house at sundown. Everyone all set?”
 
Everyone answered by powering up their energy. “Okay, LET'S RIDE!” said Goku, and at that, everyone took off into the air, the search was on.
* * *
 
By the end of the day, No one had much luck at all. Gohan and Videl searched every Forest, Mountain, and Plain.
 
They found a few fallen trees, some Mountain Goats, even great spots to have a picnic after they were married, but of all the things they found,
 
No Yamcha!
 
* * *
 
Trunks and Vegeta didn't find him either. They even looked in the interiors of every island they found.
 
Still, of all they found, Yamcha was not there!
 
* * *
 
Krillin and 18 didn't find him. They barely even searched that hard.
 
For every store and shop they past, 18 spent more time thinking of the stuff she may purchase tomorrow.
 
Krillin just couldn't find it in his heart to tell his wife to forget about shopping.
 
“Heh, heh, heh, Women and shopping” he laughed, “I don't think I'll ever understand”
 
So they couldn't possibly have found Yamcha.
 
* * *
 
Oolong and Puar changed into birds, and flew to Baba's palace in the other desert from Yamcha's, but when they got there, they found on the door.
 
Gone to other world,
Be back a month,
 
Baba!
 
So Oolong and Puar had also failed in the search.
 
* * *
On Kami's lookout, thing did not improve for Goku and Goten either.
 
Dende, and Mr. Popo tried their best, but they also couldn't depict Yamcha's energy from the others.
 
Piccolo knew where Yamcha was, but knowing what was troubling him and that he wanted to be alone, he refused to be of any help.
 
Since Dende, and Mr. Popo couldn't, and Piccolo Wouldn't. Then Goku and Goten had also failed to find Yamcha as well.
 
* * *
 
Bulma and Chi-Chi were in West-city at the local pub, having a drink after a long day of Baby-sitting Marron.
 
“How do they put up with that little fungus!” groaned Chi-Chi. “Uh, because they're rich and you're not!” replied Bulma.
 
“Hey I resent that!” snapped Chi-Chi, “I've never been as rich as you are, but I resent that!”
 
Just then, the guy up at the Karaoke stage walked spoke out. “Okay chug-chimps and Mug-Monkeys!” he teased!”
 
Everyone turned toward the stage, “We got us a new singer here tonight, so let's make him feel at home. GIVE IT UP, FOR YAMCHA!”
 
Everyone started cheering for him, but Bulma and Chi-Chi looked up, and sure enough it was Yamcha all right!
 
The music was revving up, as Yamcha looked out into the crowd, not noticing Bulma and Chi-Chi.
“Hey there!” he said, “I'll most of you are wondering why I'm here! Well, it's because…”
 
He started singing
 
* * *
 
-I've had a real hard day
I got some big bad blues
Don't like it going this way
My dreams have all been blown away
I've had a real hard day
 
Good night,
Good night, my life.
 
* * *
 
Bulma and Chi-Chi didn't need anymore proof after those first verses. Yamcha really was in a lot of emotional pain.
 
How could they apologize to him?
 
* * *
 
-I've sure been on this road
For a truckload of years
Can't say my life's well known
You don't see my face in when I'm alone.
But I sure been on this road
 
Good night.
Good night.
 
-Slow motion
Losing my will
Alone in the corner
Fighting to kill
And I've had...
 
* * *
 
Everyone in the pub started rubbing the tears from their eyes, even Bulma and Chi-Chi as well.
 
For the first time ever, Yamcha was reaching out into the world, telling people how he felt.
 
* * *
 
-I've had a real hard day
And I've lost all my friends
Don't know what else to say
Cuz, there's no other way
But I've had a real day
-I've had a real hard day
 
* * *
 
The whole pub bust into applause as the song ended. Bulma and Chi-Chi dabbed their eyes with their napkins, as Yamcha took a bow and climbed off the stage.
 
He received a lot of compliments from the people in the bar. “Hey Yamcha!” said the man who introduced Yamcha on stage.
 
“My brother owns a Network of singers, you should go try out!” he handed Yamcha a small paper with the address on it.
 
“Thanks: said Yamcha taking it gracefully, “I'll think about it, and if you want me to come back and sing again…”
 
The other man shot him a big smile, “I was hoping you would!” he said. “If you don't get the job with my brother, I can still give you a paying job here!”
 
“Thanks man that means a lot to me!” said Yamcha, and he turned and left the pub, only to be followed by Chi-Chi and Bulma.
 
They were going to talk to him, and set him straight once and for all.