Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things get worse, before better! ❯ The rustling wind! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
 
Maron had told Yamcha why she had come.
 
Since she broke up with Krillin, nothing had been the same for her. He girl-charms weren't as pretty, her smile was showing emptiness, and the bottom line was… “I really miss him a lot!”
 
She wasn't married, she wasn't engaged to be married, and she didn't even have a boyfriend anymore. All 150 of them, had his own sweetheart now.
 
She felt so low about this that she ran away from the city, and ended up here in Yamcha's cave, in hopes of leaving her feelings behind.
 
“But now I'm so glad I found you.” She said happily, “You must know where Krillin lives.” Yamcha nodded his head, “but why do want to know that?” he asked.
 
This made Maron blush, “Well…because I…” she stuttered. “I want to get back together with Krillin.”
 
Yamcha's head almost exploded in shock. “You, want to get back together with Krillin?” he asked, “Yes!” said Maron, “Well run off together, we'll get married, live in a huge mansion in the country, and have all the children we want!”
 
Yamcha didn't feel easy at all. He would have to just come out and tell her the whole thing. He took a deep breath, “Uh, Maron?”
 
“Yes” she said looking hopeful, making Yamcha swallow hard. “Well, you see…I do know where Krillin lives.” He said.
 
Maron jumped for joy, believing her glorious life with Krillin was ever so close.
 
“BUT…!” snapped Yamcha, which made Maron gulp. She could sense she was in for bad news. “Go on…!” she cried.
 
Yamcha rubbed his eyes hard. “I can't make this easy, so I'll just spill it.” He said. “Krillin already has all that stuff!”
 
“What!” cried Maron, “Yep” said Yamcha, “He already has a mansion in the country, he's already got himself a kid, and he…”
 
“No…don't say it!” cried Maron who was near tears.
 
“I'm so sorry Maron but…!” Yamcha gulped hard. “Krillin is already married!”
 
Maron felt the feeling of the thousand knives stabbing her in the heart. “Krillin…has a wife?” She cried, “You've got to be lying, please tell me it's not true!”
 
“I'm sorry Maron.” Said Yamcha, he reached under his bed, and pulled out a dusty looking box. Inside were pictures of Yamcha's so-called friends, which he discarded out of sight.
 
He held up the picture of Krillin and 18 at their wedding, and handed it to Maron.
 
Tears were leaking down Maron's face, as she stared into the picture. “Krillin!” she cried. “My only ever true love…No…NO!”
 
She dropped the picture, and fell to her knees, “NOOOOOOOO!”
 
She felt so shocked, that she fainted with a plop into Yamcha's arms.
 
* * *
 
Goku had managed to catch up with Chi-Chi before she reached Yamcha's desert.
 
“Chi-Chi, even if Yamcha is there, he won't listen to us!” he told his wife. “Besides, hitting him with your frying pan won't work, you know he's stronger than you!”
 
Chi-Chi made a face, “Yes, but…” “But nothing!” snapped Goku. “Look, if you want Yamcha to feel better, the best thing to do is leave him alone, let him cool off!”
 
Chi-Chi realized that there was no point in trying to argue about it. When you stopped to think of it, She did share a role in the fault with Yamcha.
 
She flirted with her family, *her family* something Yamcha wanted so badly, but never got it no matter how hard he worked.
 
“I guess you're right Goku!” said Chi-Chi, “But how are we going to get him to come to the Wedding?”
 
Gohan and Videl's Wedding was three days now, and Yamcha was still mad at everyone. Still, without Yamcha at the Wedding, it wouldn't be as fun.
 
“Look honey, lets just go home and figure this out okay?” asked Goku. His wife agreed.
 
Chi-Chi hopped onto Goku's back, and off they flew.
 
* * *
 
Yamcha felt like a Hacksaw-Murderer, after saying all the things about Krillin he knew would upset Maron.
 
He had already laid her on his bed, and dabbed her head with a cold wet cloth of water, she was going to be okay…physically speaking.
 
She was still crying over her lost chance to be with Krillin, and if there was one thing Yamcha couldn't stand, it was seeing a pretty woman cry like that.
 
“Maron,” said Yamcha, “I know exactly how you feel!” The sobbing woman looked up from her handkerchief. “No you don't.” she cried, “You have that Bulma and kids waiting at home!”
 
The mention of that subject made Yamcha seem to want to cry himself. “Maron…” he paused “Bulma and I… we didn't get married!”
 
Those words caused Maron to look up again, in shock. “W-what?” she asked. “You mean…?”
 
Yamcha nodded his head sadly, “I don't have a wife, or a kid, or anything related to those things, I'm all alone!”
 
Maron felt even sadder for Yamcha than she did for herself a while ago.
“Then why don't you turn to the others for help?” she asked.
 
Yamcha told her everything, how he felt betrayed by his comrades, and resigned himself from their friendship. “Oh man!” cried Maron. “No wonder you feel so low.”
 
Just then a soft breeze began to blow through the open window, which accidentally knocked the remote to Yamcha's new stereo off the table.
 
The remote clicked on the stereo, which started playing opera music. Maron was about to get up and turn it off, when Yamcha stopped her.
 
“It's okay Maron” he said, “I just got to tell you how I feel”. He stood up, and walked over to the window.
 
The wind stated ruffling through his hair, and his yellow jacket was waving like a cape. Yamcha took a deep breath, and started singing in a deep voice.
 
* * *
 
-Gone with the wind
Just like a leaf that has flown away.
Gone with the wind
My romance has blown away
 
-Never shall a kiss,
Be placed on my lips
I'll never have a lifetime of heaven.
At my fingertips.
 
-Now, all is gone,
Gone as the rapture that thrilled my heart
Gone with the wind
The gladness that filled my heart.
 
-Just like a flame.
Love burned brightly, then became,
An empty smokescreen that has gone.
Gone with the wind!
 
* * *
 
The wind was starting to pick up, and started knocking things off Yamcha's shelves, but Maron didn't seem to mind it.
 
She was so captivated by Yamcha expressing his sorrows, that all she could do was pay attention to him.
 
Yamcha, with his hair still being ruffled, and his jacket still being blown by the wind, kept on singing.
 
* * *
 
-Now, all is gone,
Gone as the rapture that thrilled my heart
Gone with the wind
The gladness that filled my heart.
 
-Just like a flame.
Love burned brightly, then became,
An empty smokescreen that has gone.
Gone-With-The…
 
WIND!!!
 
* * *
 
Maron applauded gracefully, and even threw Yamcha some flowers that had fallen on the floor.
 
After Yamcha closed the window, and tided up the mess, Maron said the first thing that came to her mind.
 
“Yamcha, with a voice like that, you could become a singing superstar!” she said with a smile
 
“Tell me about it!” replied Yamcha. “I've already been offered a place with a guy who supports singing stars!” He stared at the contract the pub manager gave to him.
 
“And I think that settles it,” he said with pride, “I'm going for it!” Then he looked down at Maron, “And I have you to thank for it Maron!”
 
Maron turned away and blushed, but when she did, a small piece of paper fell out from her pants.
 
Yamcha picked it up and gasped. It was an exact copy of the contract he was holding. “Maron, have you been offered a job too?” he asked.
 
Maron nodded, “Well, sort of.” She said. “The guys at the studio liked my voice, but said I was a little too…too…”
 
“Ditzy?”
 
“You guessed it!”
 
“I don't think that's fair!” he said angrily. “Not giving you a singer's job, just because you thought boys were cute!”
 
Maron nodded, “But it's not all lost,” she said, “The said they'd lend me the job, if and only if I come back with a partner in one month!”
 
“A month to find a partner, or the job goes to some other slum?” he stated, “Well, I'm going to fix that.”
 
Maron looked up with a smile creeping across her face, “Yamcha, you mean you…?” she asked.
 
Yamcha nodded, “I'll be your partner Maron!” he said holding out his hand. “What do you say?”
 
Maron, with tears of happiness in her eyes, grabbed Yamcha's hand, and pulled him into a hug. “Thank you Yamcha!” she cried, “Thank you so much!”
 
For the first time in a long time, Yamcha was not feeling in the dumps anymore. He now had a chance to make things better.