Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things get worse, before better! ❯ He's Back. ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
The next night, the girls all went out with Videl to celebrate her last night as a single woman, even 18 decided to go, and left Marron at Capsule-corp. with Bulma's parents.
 
They all went to a Dance club in Hercule-city, compliments of Hercule himself, who had made the reservations for them to have the time of their lives.
 
He also took the liberty of ushering all the sleazy men out of the club for the night. The only men that were allowed in, were the bar tenders, and workers.
 
The thing was, no matter how hard the girls tried to enjoy themselves, they still didn't feel too much like partying.
 
Videl was still very upset about having to go though her wedding without Yamcha, and worse, still wishing there was some way she could apologize to him for upsetting him.
 
Chi-chi always had the nerve to tell Videl what she saw on TV when she and Gohan were out, but Bulma suggested against it, and told her that it would probably make Videl feel worse.
 
What were they going to do?
 
* * *
 
In Central-city the King had actually allowed Gohan to have his bachelor-party at the palace. After all, this was the son of Goku, the savor of the world so many times.
 
All the Men had gathered to celebrate Gohan's final night as a Bachelor, Even Vegeta, but just like the girls, not full of bright spirits.
 
“Cheer up there boy!” said Hercule putting a comforting arm on Gohan's shoulder. “Everything will just fine tomorrow, you'll see.”
 
Gohan shot Hercule a small smile, but it didn't last long. “I know you're trying to help Hercule,” he said. “But I don't think that it'll be as much fun without Yamcha there!”
 
“Awe, come on Gohan.” Said Krillin, “You shouldn't be blaming yourself for this.” “I'm not.” Replied Gohan, “Both Videl and I are blaming ourselves for this!”
 
“Oh stop it with the guilt trip already!” snapped Vegeta. “That fool Yamcha was already a born loser before you were even born. He's a Loser now, and always will be.”
 
“NO!!” snapped Gohan, “I can't shake off this guilt trip.” His voice sounding sadder.
 
“Videl and I should've known he'd blow if we asked him to be best man, and we did it anyway. IT'S OUR FAULT, IT'S ALL OUR FAULT!!”
 
Gohan, with tears streaming down his face, ran out of the Royal-bar, and flew off into the night.
 
“GOHAN, WAIT!!” cried Goten, getting up to chase his brother, but Goku held him back. “Just let your brother go son!”
 
Goku then looked out at the night, “Just let him go!”
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, the girls weren't having any more luck either in cheering Videl up.
 
“I just feel so awful, when I should be celebrating.” She cried. Chi-Chi still had the nerve to tell her about Yamcha on TV, but decided against it without other opinions.
 
“Cheer up Videl” said Bulma. “Yamcha always was one to be like this”
Videl looked up.
 
“Like what?” she mocked. “A loser, a jerk, a freak show with no roots? Is that how you see him?!” she suddenly snapped.
 
The girls all went silent, “No he's not!” cried Videl, “He's broken hearted because he had No on to relate to, and Its all my fault he snapped, mine and Gohan's!”
 
“Videl calm down.” Said Chi-chi, “Your right, Yamcha was down in the dumps but…”
 
“But Nothing!” cried Videl, tears streaming down her cheeks, “Gohan and I pissed him off, and that's why he ditched us, BECAUSE OF ME!”
 
Videl sprang up from her chair, and flew out the door. The girls really felt ashamed of themselves, but not as ashamed as Chi-Chi.
 
“I should've told her about the show I saw!” she cried, “I don't think it would have really made that much a difference.” said Bulma.
 
* * *
 
Gohan and Videl kept flying until they met up with each other. Neither one of them cared that they were breaking the sacred wedding tradition, of not seeing each other until tomorrow.
 
They were feeling awful about what they did to Yamcha, they wrapped their arms around each other, and let out all their emotions.
 
They felt like they were nothing but a pair of Bubble-bursting scum bags.
 
* * *
 
Later on that night, Gohan and Videl made it to their respective homes, and went to bed for the big day tomorrow.
 
However, in everyone's mail box, except Gohan and Videl's, was a small package with a note attached to it.
 
The note said; meet back at the Kame-house Immediately, but not Gohan and Videl, you'll fin out why.
 
Everyone although confused, wasted no in racing to the island.
 
* * *
 
Once there, since the Packages were all the same, Goku only opened his package. Inside was a small video, inscribed with the words DESTINY DUO.
 
“Destiny duo?!” said Chi-chi, “That's Yamcha and Maron's stage- name! Put it in quick Goku.”
 
Goku wasted no time in popping the video in the cassette player on the TV. The video showed a picture of Yamcha, and Maron sitting on stage all alone.
 
* * *
 
“Hi there guys” said Yamcha over the tape. “Hi guys, and hi to you too Krillin!” said Maron.
 
“If you guys are watching this video,” said Yamcha. “That's right; Maron and I are now singing superstars.”
 
“No joking” said Maron. “We've almost got everything we ever wanted, Money, fame…even each other. She giggled, and kissed Yamcha's cheek.
 
“Yeah, it's true,” said Yamcha. “Maron and I have found soft-spots for each other, we're a couple now!”
 
* * *
 
Everyone couldn't believe their ears, but none were as shocked as Chi-chi, Bulma, and especially Krillin.
 
Yamcha, not only had a new life, but he finally found a sweetheart to call his own, and most surprising of all, Maron was his sweetheart.
“So why tell us to watch this?” wondered Krillin, when suddenly, the soft sounds of piano music began to play on the video.
 
* * *
 
“The thing is though,” said Yamcha sadly, “I'm missing something really important to me,”
 
He picked up his microphone, and Maron pick up her guitar, but faded into the darkness
 
“Or more like something important that I miss a lot.” Said Yamcha, he began singing.
 
* * *
 
-I miss you more than a teacher missed a mark
when the students they have got.
I miss you more than that moviemissedthe point
and that's an awful lot
.
 
-And now, now I'vegone away
and all I
'm trying to say is
Ditching yousucked
and I miss you
!
 
* * *
 
The others felt tears in their eyes coming on. Yamcha was trying to make up for what he did, and he misses them all.
He wanted to be asked back.

* * *

-I need you like an actor needs actingschool.
He really needs that part now..
I need you more than
arobot needsa bigger part.
He's
doesn't know the way how,
-And now, all I can think about is of us,
And all that we've been through,
Ditching you sucked,
And I miss you!
* * *
Suddenly, everyone noticed that the volume for the voice was low, the music could still be heard, but not Yamcha.
 
Everyone look toward the door, and there was Maron, with Yamcha.
 
* * *

-Why do the actorsget to keep on making movies.
I guess that life sucks
just a little bit more than
I miss you.
 
* * *
 
The girls wiped their teary eyes, then walked over to Yamcha, and hugged him gently.
 
“So does this mean I can come back.” He asked. The girls just hugged him again, which was a definite YES.
“Welcome back old friend!” said Goku.
 
“Yamcha, Yamcha!” cried Puar, who by far seemed to be the happiest one in the room, jumped up and hugged Yamcha so tightly that he begged for mercy.
 
“So you managed to get lucky this time!” said Vegeta smiling. Yamcha shook his hand.
 
Maron even walked over and said Hi to Krillin. He blushed, but 18 did not look impressed.
 
“Krillin?” asked Maron while eying 18, “Isn't this one of those Andro- What'cha'me'call'it”.
 
“Yes I am!” snapped 18, “I know of your history with Krillin, and let me tell you…”
Krillin stood in front his wife, “Now, now 18, calm down. She just doesn't understand that's all!”
 
18 just sighed, “Well, I guess I can give her a chance!” she said. Krillin kissed her cheek, “That's my girl.” he said sweetly.
 
“Yamcha, we've got to tell Gohan and Videl about this.” Said Chi-chi, heading for the door, but Yamcha stopped her.
 
“No Chi-chi, not yet!” he said. Everyone looked confused. Yamcha all motioned them to gather around.
 
He explained to him, that he wanted to wait until tomorrow at the wedding reception. For he and Maron had planned a great surprise for the couple.
 
After giving out all the instructions, everyone shared a small laugh together. This was going to be something Gohan and Videl would never forget.