Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things get worse, before better! ❯ End of the Suffering. ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
Videl slowly walked up the aisle on the arm of her father. “My god you look beautiful sweetie!” cried Hercule. Videl shot him a small smile, but inside, it was a different story.
 
Videl did look like an angel in her wedding gown, but she still felt like a devil on the inside. “I just wish Yamcha were here!” she whispered.
 
Hercule slightly giggled. Chi-chi had called him earlier and filled him in on what was going to happen.
 
When Videl finally reached Gohan, they made their way up to the alter with fake expressions on their faces. They looked happy on the outside, but didn't feel like they deserved it.
 
All their friends from Orange-High were there, all their family members too. Everyone, except Yamcha.
 
Somehow or other, Gohan and Videl made it through the ceremony, and were finally Man and wife. Everyone was so happy for them both, and it was almost time for the big Surprise.
 
 
* * *
 
At the reception, everyone noticed Gohan and Videl were still down in the dumps because of Yamcha's absence. They decided it was time.
 
“Gohan, Videl?” said Goku, “We've got a surprise for you.” Gohan and Videl just shook their heads.
 
“It's alright dad” said Gohan, “We're not really in the mood for one!” The sounds of giggling echoed throughout the room. Gohan and Videl looked confused.
 
Suddenly, the room went dark, and the soft sound of music entered the room in the direction from the stage. Followed by the sound of two voices singing.
The only problem was, it was son dark on the stage, Videl and Yamcha, couldn't make out the two figures on the stage.
* * *
 
[Yamcha and Maron's voices]
 
-Brother my brother
Tell me what
did fight for
We've got to end this war
We should
care for each other
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began
We can try
Brother my brother
* * *
 
“That male voice” said Gohan looking up, “It sounds so familiar.” Added Videl. Everyone else laughed softly.
 
The couple on the stage giggled in the Darkness, before continuing the song
* * *
 
[Maron's voice]

-We both came form completely different sides
the anger burns
, but I can't remember why
it's kind
of crazy to cause so much pain
Things weren't supposed to go this
way
[Yamcha's voice]

-We watch our world fall apart
tell me what good is winning
when you lose your heart
* * *
Then, the stage lights flicked on, reveling the mystery singers.
The first one was Maron, wearing a sparkling golden gown, and the other figure…who was wearing a silver shiny tuxedo was…
 
“YAMCHA!!” cried Gohan and Videl at the same time. “SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!” yelled everyone in the room.
 
* * *
 
[Yamcha and Maron]
 
-Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
Isn't life worth so much more
We should care for each other
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother

Yes
We can try

Brother my brother


* * *
The music kept on plying, as Yamcha steep down from the stage, and walked towards Gohan and Videl.
 
He looked at them both, right in the eyes, “Gohan, Videl?” he said softly, “I'm real sorry for crushing your rings, and making a mess of everything. Will you please forgive me?”
 
Videl had tears in her eyes, and Gohan couldn't believe his ears. The both of them new exactly what they had t say.
 
“We'll only forgive you on one condition.” Said Gohan softly. Videl looked up. “We'll only forgive you, if you forgive us. For rubbing in the pain you had…please!” she cried.
 
Yamcha felt his own tears of happiness come into his eyes. “Sure I will guys.” He replied. Gohan, and Videl came together with Yamcha in one big warm hug.
 
Everyone else had tears in their eyes, even Maron on stage.
 
“Now then,” said Yamcha, “If I'm right, the Bride and Groom should be sharing with us their first dance.”
 
“Shall we?” asked Gohan holding out his hand to his bride. “Enchanting!” giggled Videl.
 
They walked over to the dance floor, and Yamcha walked back to the stage to continue the song.
 
* * *
 
[Both]
 
-Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
Isn't life worth
so much more
We should care for each
other
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother
 
* * *
 
Gohan and Videl looked so happy together there on the dancing floor that everyone else decided to jump in.
 
Krillin with 18, Goku with Chi-chi, it took some time, but Bulma got Vegeta to dance with her too. Goten even found a pretty girl from Orange high to dance with.
 
 
* * *
[Yamcha]
 
-Lets take a moment and look deep inside
And say we'll learn to give
it a try
When matters differ as we seem to be
There's so much more to me than what you see
[Maron]
-You don't have to be this way
Think about the consequences
Turn around and walk away
[Both]
-Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
Isn't life worth
so much more
We should care for each
other
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother

-Tell me why
Brother my brother
 
* * *
 
The crowd burst into applause, not only for Videl and Gohan, but also for Yamcha and Maron.
 
 
The wedding reception turned out to be better than anyone planned. Goku came back for his 20th helping of the food, while Yamcha and Maron were chatting with everyone.
 
Yamcha told them, of how he became so rich before his singing career took root.
“You sold the Dragon balls to multi billionaires?” asked Krillin, “Yep.” Replied Yamcha, “Made Two-hundred-million Zennie in only a day.”
 
18 nearly choked on her drink, “Two-hundred-million?!” she coughed. “No way, you can't be richer than me! No one can.”
 
Yamcha laughed slightly, “Come on 18, at east you still have a active life-style.” He said. “That right honey!” added Krillin, “Why, I'm surprised you don't know that Bulma is in fact equal in money to us!”
 
Now it was 18's turn to laugh a bit, “In that case, I'll just have to ask Hercule for an increase at the tournament next year!”
 
Hercule sweat-dropped, but then joined in with laughter. “The things I do for my title!” he joked.
 
“But Yamcha” asked Bulma, “How we are supposed to find the Dragon balls if we need them. You made it so we can't use the radar.”
 
“I've thought about that!” replied Yamcha, “We'll just ask Baba to help us when she comes back.”
 
“Well, I suppose that is true.” said Bulma, “After all, Baba does help us for free!”
 
* * *
 
After awhile later, Gohan and Videl were opening their wedding gifts.
 
Photo-books: from Krillin and 18.
Cookware: from Goku and Chi-Chi.
Capsule-items: form Bulma.
Training equipment: from Vegeta.
 
Gohan had gotten his bride, a solid gold heart shaped locket on a necklace, which could open up to revel a picture of them on their first date inside.
 
Videl had gotten Gohan, a solid gold watch he'd been admiring, which also had a picture of them behind the hands.
 
Gohan and Videl decided to reward everyone by cutting the cake earlier than the appointed time.
 
“Hold it,” said Yamcha, “There's one more gift for the two of you!” added Maron. Gohan and Videl looked excited. As the singing-stars approached them, with a small wrapped box in their hands.
 
“We would like to present you two with something you'll find truly a gift to top all gifts.” Said Maron.
 
Gohan and Videl opened the small box, inside was a CD in a colorful case with Yamcha and Maron's pictures, and autographs on in it.
At the top printed in gold letters were the words…DESTINY DUO.
 
“Yamcha, Maron.” Said Gohan, “It's our first ever album. Not even in stores yet” Said Maron. “We want you two to have it.” Added Yamcha.
 
Gohan and Videl were so happy, that the nearly tackled the other two onto the floor in a hug. Videl even planted a kiss on Yamcha's cheek.
 
“Hey be careful.” Said Yamcha while blushing; “Only Maron's allowed to do that!” “I'll remember that.” Laughed Videl.
 
“You know what,” said Gohan, “This just earned you two the first cake slices.” He beamed.
 
Yamcha and Maron licked their lips. “This has been such a great day for us all.” Said Gohan, “I know nothing is going to mess this up ever!”
 
* * *
 
Three months later…
 
Gohan and Videl had settled into a house just beside Goku's. Videl was also a month pregnant with Pan.
 
Bulma was hard at work at Capsule-Corp with the projects. It was even harder to do while trying to keep Vegeta's temper under control.
However, Trunks was always willing to help out.
 
Krillin kept on coming home with his arms so tired for carrying around so many packages, containing only stuff 18 would like.
 
Oolong and Paur moved in with Yamcha and Maron, who just returned from their honeymoon; They had gotten married a week ago.
 
They used the Hundreds of billions of Zennie they earned in their Super-star Singing careers, and bought a huge payment to have a castle built on a larger island about a few miles south of Roshi's island.
 
Yamcha was so happy, after all these years of misery and suffering. He now had a beautiful wife, good friends, and billions of Zennie to buy anything he wanted.
 
Maron was happy as well. She knew she could trust Yamcha with all her heart and soul. Although she never got over the fact that she wasn't married to Krillin, she did not let it interfere with her singing.
 
Oolong an Puar, had also found the time, and got married as well, and Puar had already had her first litter.
 
Two twin creatures that resembled both her and Oolong, they named the boy Plong, and the girl was called Oouar. Sounds like Oolong, sounds like Puar; Perfect names.
 
Yamcha and Maron, although not ready to start a family of their own just yet, had already picked out a name for their child.
 
A name that would suit either a girl or boy.
 
* * *
About a year later, Maron gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Yamcha was so happy he could swear he had died and gone to other world.
 
Everyone came to see the baby, and though he was kind of cute, even Vegeta thought so too.
 
“What are you two going call him!” asked Goku. Yamcha and his wife stared at each other, and smiled.
 
“Yamchon!!” they said at the same time. “Sounds like Yamcha,” “and sounds like Maron!”
 
“Yamchon eh?” said Goku, “Sounds great!” everyone else agreed.
 
Now it was officially clear, that Yamcha had everything he ever wanted.
 
A home, a wife, a son, good friends, a super paying job. The only thing that could ruin this; was if Yamcha was only dreaming it was happening.
 
But, rest assured, it was no dream. It was a dream-come-true. Yamcha would never be sad and lonely ever again!