Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Time Enough To Be With You ❯ "Your heart and mine were destined to entwine" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time Enough To Be With You

Part 2

"Your heart and mine were destined to entwine"

The large glowing numbers on the clock read 3:40 am, Colette and Samantha laid sleeping on Samantha's bedroom floor. Outside on the stairway that led up to the rest of the house, a swirling portal appeared, distributing the two Saiyan warriors on the steps.

Vegeta shifted his eyes around the dark complex, standing in his usual position, "This doesn't look like the same place."

"It's not. She's at a friend's house." Goku replied. "Come on." He turned and tiptoed down the rest of the steps best he could in his heavy boots. They crept past the rooms of Samantha's younger siblings, and paused at Samantha's doorway.

"What are you waiting for? Go in." Vegeta said.

"But it's dark." Goku said.

Vegeta groaned, stepping ahead of Goku and pushed the curtain covering the entrance aside. He didn't seem to be concerned about waking the girls as he flicked on the bright overhead light. Goku froze, fearing the girls would wake up, he wanted to surprise them. He let out a sigh of relief when neither moved.

"Alright, I'll get Colette and you grab the other one." Goku said, heading over to where the teen lay.

"What? We're taking both of them?" Vegeta snapped.

"Might as well." Goku replied.

Vegeta growled, mumbling something about "crazy women" and walked around to where Samantha lay with her head buried in the pillow.

Goku stood with Colette held against him, pausing as the young girl stirred in her sleep. Vegeta appeared beside him, holding Samantha, but not looking to pleased about it. "Can we go now?"

Goku nodded, and they left, turning the light off so as not to attract attention, and entering the portal with the girls.

Colette opened her eyes, looking up. There was a bright light behind her, blurring her vision slightly, but she could still make out a figure standing over her and smiling. "Goku-san? Did you come back? She asked sleepily, reaching her hand up to touch his face.

Brushing her fingers softly against his skin, she let her hand fall to rest on his shoulder, closing her eyes again. Goku chuckled and glanced over at Vegeta. "If this girl does that, I'm dropping her." Vegeta remarked.

*~*

Bright sunlight beamed through the window, wakening Colette and Samantha. They both sat to find themselves in a strange bed, and heard quite a commotion outside the door. They glanced at one another, then pulled the covers back and got out of the bed, walking toward the door.

They peered around the corner, looking down a stairway, and saw a shadow at it's foot. But they didn't see anyone.

"Should we wake up the girls? It's nearly ten and they're still sleeping." A voice said.

"I know that voice." Samantha said.

They both moved around to where they could see, finding Trunks was the shadow at the foot of the steps, and Goku stood not far from him. Samantha gasped as she set eyes on the lavender-haired demi saiyan, her heart caught in her throat. "Is it really him? Is this for real?" She said.

Colette moved around her to get a better look, seeing Goku for the first time. A smile crossed her lips, her eyes lit up. Never did a person run down stairs so fast. Goku was caught off guard when Colette threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly, squealing with delight. "I don't know what's going on, or how you did it, but nothing could be better than this! Oh, Goku!"

Goku rested his hands on her shoulders, moving them down her arm till he held her hands in his. She stepped back and stared up at the Saiyan warrior, smiling more than she had since in the past week.

Samantha arrived at the bottom of the stairs, glancing uneasily over at Trunks. 'In my dreams, I'm calm and collected, but now I'm a nervous wreck. Why me?' She thought to herself.

"Hey, you must be Samantha." Trunks said.

Samantha looked up, gazing at his ice-blue eyes. She gulped, uttering a quiet, "Uh-huh." She smacked herself mentally. 'What are you doing, Samantha? He's right there. This is your big chance.' She looked up with new confidence, "Yeah. But don't bother telling me about yourself, I know everything. I know you inside and out. Maybe better than you know yourself."

Trunks said nothing.

"I think you're overdoing it." Colette said, still clinging to Goku.

Samantha cleared her throat, "So uh, how did we get here?"

"Kaioshin opened a dimension portal." Goku answered. "I did it as a favor of sorts."

"A favor?" Colette asked.

"Well, I felt bad about leaving you. I didn't realize that most of your affection for me was more than teen-fangirl obsessions. I didn't want you to be sad."

Colette smiled, "Goku, you're the best."

"No wonder you like him. He's a total sweetheart." Samantha said, leaning on the stair railing.

Goku blushed, running a hand through his spiky hair. "Thanks." He muttered.

*~*

Since the boys had disregarded the fact that Colette and Samantha couldn't run around in their pajamas all day, Bulma was nice enough to let them borrow some of her clothes.

Colette tugged a bright green Capsule Corp. T-shirt over her head, and buckled the blue jeans. Samantha got into a red tank top and short set, and both found shoes that fit them as well. When they came out of the room, a few more people had gathered in the living room. This being Vegeta, Chibi Bra, Goten, and Gohan. Samantha stopped, a bit nervous considering the whole of the group was staring straight at them.

"Okay." Bulma stood in the middle of the room to address the group, "Everyone, this is Colette and Samantha. They'll be here for a week or so, so be nice to them. Understand?"

"Yes ma'am." Chibi Bra chirped.

"Wait a second. We can't stay a week. My parents, and I have school, and. . ." Samantha started.

"Don't worry." Bulma said, "Time moves faster here than in your world. A week here, will be about five or so hours in your world. You'll have plenty of time to get back."

"No problem then." Samantha said happily.

"Now the first order of business is who stays where. I'm pretty sure Colette will want to stay at Goku's house. But how does ChiChi feel about this?" Bulma asked.

"I still haven't told her." Goku replied. "But I'm sure she'll agree. I mean, Colette doesn't look threatening."

Samantha smirked, "Shows how much you know."

Colette motioned for Samantha to stop, wearing a rather serious look on her face. Samantha leaned back into the couch cushions between Trunks and Gohan. Gohan leaned over to Samantha, whispering, "Is she that bad?"

"Oh no. I wouldn't worry. She's nuts about Goku, but she knows better with your Mom around." She gave him a smug grin, to which he gave her a not-so-confident smile back, clearing his throat and turning his attention back to Bulma.

*~*

"What?! You want that strange girl to sleep in our house!" ChiChi yelled, inches from Goku's face with frying pan in hand. "You've gotta be joking! No way!"

"But ChiChi, she's really nice, and she won't be any trouble, I promise." Goku said, shielding his face. "She really wants to stay here, and it's not like we don't have the room. Please, ChiChi." He lowered his hands, giving her his best smile.

ChiChi lowered her frying pan, her expression softened, "Oh Goku, you know I can't do anything right when you look at me like that." She sighed in defeat, "All right, she can stay."

"Yeah!" Colette and Samantha cheered, jumping around like idiots.

"But. . .only her. The other girl goes back to Capsule Corp. It's not like they don't have the room." She gave a small smile before returning to the kitchen.

Goku watched her leave, his face bearing his trademark confused look. He turned to the girls, having calmed down, and rubbed the back of his head. "Sam, you wouldn't mind staying at Bulma's, would you?"

"Um. . ." The brown-haired girl folded her arms, thinking. A delectable little fantasy involving her, Trunks, and a hot tub(if they had one, and they probably did) popped into her head. She grinned, looking up at Goku, "I don't mind at all."

"I'll bet you don't." Colette teased.

Samantha elbowed her friend.

"Just call that payback for earlier." Colette said. "You can't complain, you're staying the night at Capsule Corp. This is your big chance." She winked, nudging her. "We can only pray it storms tonight."

Samantha clasped her hands together, "Let's start now."

Colette laughed, looking back to where Goku had been, only to find him not there anymore. 'Goku. I have a whole week with you. I'm going to make the best of it, you just watch. I will.'

Out in the kitchen, refrigerator raiding, Goku shivered. "What's wrong Goku-sa?" ChiChi asked.

"It's nothing, Chi. Just cold chills." Goku replied. He leaned around the corner, looking over to Colette, who stood leaned against the wall. 'She wouldn't. Would she?' "Nah." Goku shook his head,

shutting the fridge door and going to eat his snack.