Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Time Enough To Be With You ❯ "You're a song written by the hands of god" ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time Enough To Be With You

Part 3

"You're a song written by the hands of god"

"I know we prayed for a storm, but I think this is overdoing it." Colette said, clutching a pillow against her and listening to the pounding of rain, thunder, lightning flashes and wind that raged outside. It had been going on for a good half hour, and there was no way she could sleep through this. Half wishing she could go to sleep, and half regretting that she couldn't run to Goku, she pulled the pillow even closer and crouched down.

Goku knocked at the door, peering into the dark room, "Are you okay?"

"I'd say yes, but that would be a lie."

Goku opened the door further, stepping inside, "Does the storm bother you?"

Colette nodded, "Not all storms, only really loud ones." A thunder clap hit and she dug her fingers into the pillow, whimpering. "Pretty stupid, huh?"

"I think everyone's afraid of storms, some people just won't admit it."

Colette looked up at him, "Are you afraid of storms?"

Goku looked down, then back up at her, and continued glancing back and forth between Colette and the floor.

"Well?"

"No. . .no, I. . .well, maybe just a little. . .or, yes I suppose that. . .Ok, so maybe I do get a little uneasy when it's a big storm. But this one right now doesn't bother me." The thunder crashed and Goku froze, "Not at all."

Colette muffled a giggle, looking up with a sly smirk, "You *are* scared."

"No, I'm not." Goku replied.

"Oh, come on. I think it's kind of cute."

"But, I'm really not scared." Goku said. The thunder crashed again, louder this time. Goku shifted his eyes toward the window, backing up slowly, "Well, I guess I'll say goodnight and see you in the morning then. . ."

"No!" Colette called.

Goku looked back at her, staring straight at him with trembling eyes.

"I told you loud storms scare me. That's no summer lullaby out there. I need you to stay. Please."

"But I. . ." Goku started, a memory of their first meeting flashing back into his mind.

"Don't go. Please don't go."

He sighed, he didn't want to make her cry. "Alright then, I'll stay."

Colette's eyes lit up.

"But only till the rain stops, okay?"

Colette nodded, immediately wrapping her arms around Goku as soon as he sat on the bed. He smiled, though somewhat saddened. Nothing could ever become of them, it was true. Their worlds, their lives, Goku saw nothing in sync. In a week Colette had to return back to her own world, away from this fantasy land. Away from him.

Goku felt something cold touch his skin and looked down, Colette had one hand on his side, curling her fingers in and out in a rhythmic motion, otherwise still.

"You're crying. But why?"

"I can't help it." Colette said, speaking in a soft tone. "Every time I think about leaving it just happens. I'll be there, you'll be here. And I can't stand it. This is all I want, I don't want to lose it. I don't want to lose you, Goku. That thought kills me." She sat up and looked up at him, tears brimming her eyes.

"Then don't. Don't think about it. Concentrate on the here and now, and everything you can do before you have to leave. Take advantage of every second. The sun sets, but it does rise again." Goku said.

"You're my sun. Son Goku." Colette smiled.

"That was a pun, wasn't it?" Goku asked.

Colette giggled, leaning against him again. Goku brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes, kissing her forehead.

ChiChi stood out in the hallway, watching them through the opening in the door. She paused as she turned to leave, glancing back, 'What will you do, Goku? When she does have to leave?' The wind broke into a fury, pounding rain and hail against the roof. ChiChi groaned, clenching her fists. She whirled around and ran into the bedroom behind her, "Goku!"

ChiChi grabbed his arm and buried her face in his chest, trembling slightly.

"Did the storm scare you, ChiChi?" Goku asked.

Colette giggled, and ChiChi looked up, "What are you laughing at?! And what are you doing in here flirting with *my* husband?! You have no right to. . ."

Goku put a finger to her lips to shush her, "It's okay Chi. You're way to tense, slow down a little. We'll just stay here until the rain stops."

~*~

Over at Capsule Corp, Samantha and Trunks were both in his bed, laying on their stomachs under the covers with their feet hanging over the edge and leaning on their arms. Samantha glanced over to Trunks, having been silent for so long, she decided to break the ice.

"Won't Bulma be mad if she finds us here?"

"Mom would understand, the storms scare her too. But you may want to be careful around my Dad, he's another story." Trunks replied.

Samantha smiled, "This is silly but, I sort of wish this was a dream."

"Why? I thought you 'had a thing' for me." Trunks asked.

"I do. It's just, if it was a dream, then I could act on it."

"Who says you can't?"

Samantha's head snapped up and she turned to meet eyes with the teen saiyan. He scooted closer and still even closer to her, and she appeared to be frozen to the spot. 'What's he doing? Is he really going to kiss me? Should I kiss him back? Wait, what if someone walks in? What do I do?'

"Ahh!" Samantha yelped as she toppled out of the bed and landed hard on the floor. She groaned and rubbed the spot where she had landed on her head.

Trunks covered his mouth, trying to keep from laughing.

Samantha looked up at him and narrowed her eyes, "You jerk! You did that on purpose!." She stood up and promptly began beating him with a pillow. Trunks shielded himself, laughing the whole time. Samantha too, soon found herself giggling, and Trunks took the opportunity to counter attack, whacking her with another pillow.

Thus a pillow fight began. (No duh!)

~*~

It seemed the storm had no intention of stopping anytime soon, so Goku slept with Colette and ChiChi on either side of him, seeing as how neither one of them wanted him to leave.

The sharp wind came in through the slightly open window, causing a cold chill to fill the room. Colette shivered, curling her legs in a little to keep warm.

"You can get closer if you want."

Colette looked up to see Goku watching her. She blushed, looking away, "You're supposed to be asleep."

Goku chuckled, moving his hand down to the middle of her back and pulling her closer to him. Colette smiled, silent for a moment. "I can hear your heartbeat." She whispered. Goku said nothing, rubbing his fingers along the lower part of her back.

'Feels nice' Colette closed her eyes, enjoying the saiyan's tender touch, and allowed herself sleep.

~*~

Samantha and Trunks laid held in each others arms, pillows scattered on the floor around them.

"Hey, Trunks?"

"Yeah?"

"You sure this is alright?"

Trunks chuckled, "You're paranoid. Stop worrying, everything's fine." He stroked her hair gently, "The rain stopped."

"Did it? I hadn't noticed." Samantha replied.

"Is something wrong?" Trunks asked.

"No. Why?"

"I'm still trying to figure you out. First you're acting shy, then you end up in my room, now this. It's kind of confusing." Trunks said.

Samantha pulled herself up, without saying a word she locked lips with Trunks, holding their kiss for a moment before she moved back. "Figure that out." She said.

Trunks stared back at the hazel-eyed girl, watching as she leaned into him again and sighed contentedly. This was going to be an interesting week, that was guaranteed.