Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Time Enough To Be With You ❯ "We meet at the lights, I stare for a while, the world around us dissappears" ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time Enough To Be With You

Part 5

"We meet at the lights, I stare for a while, the world around us disappears"

Shadows cast across his face, changing with the swaying tree branches. Staring up at the endless blue sky, he watched, as if nothing mattered. Barefooted, she walked unnoticed across the lush green grass. She would pause occasionally, a sweet smile on her lips, grazing her eyes over the one she dared love.

The warm afternoon sun was getting to him, and Goku closed his eyes to nap under the cool shade of the tree. Pressing her small form up against him, she rested her hand on top of his own, and laid her head within the soothing feel of his body.

Goku cracked an eye open, side glancing to see her. Without a word he smiled, and returned to sleep.

Bulma stood at the kitchen window, looking out at her life-long friend and his admirer, sleeping beneath her tree. She giggled, she never would've imagined such a thing. 'I wonder how ChiChi's handling this.'

"Bulma! Are you home?!"

"Guess I'll find out." Bulma said, wiping her hands off with the dish towel and going to meet her friend.

ChiChi stood in the living room, her hair not up in its usual style, but instead down and falling across her shoulders. Bulma walked in, untying her apron, her eyes looking to the paper sack ChiChi held. "Do you get everything?"

"Yes, but . . . Bulma, what kind of party are you planning? Some of this stuff you asked me to get is just crazy. 9-volt batteries, colored slides, those dishes. Are you planning a party or a raid?"

Bulma laughed, taking the bag from her. "Oh ChiChi, they're just a few little things to make things more fun and set the mood."

"Whatever you say." ChiChi took off the blue jacket she was wearing and threw it over the back of the nearest chair. "Is Goku here? I haven't seen him in nearly two days."

"Uh, yeah, he's out back taking a nap." Bulma cleared her throat, mumbling the last part of her sentence, "With Colette."

She looked back, ChiChi still watched her with attentive eyes, she obviously hadn't caught the last part.

"What?"

Bulma froze, or had she?

"Wait a second. Did you just that my Goku, and that weird girl are both outside together, asleep, within touchable distance of each other?"

"See for yourself." Bulma crossed her arms with a smirk that would've done Vegeta proud. ChiChi gave her friend a quizzical look. Certainly Bulma was bluffing, just trying to get her upset, wasn't she? The look on Bulma's face said otherwise. So ChiChi swallowed her pride and walked over to the single kitchen window.

It was an awfully high window, ChiChi had to stand on tiptoe to see out of it. When she finally got to where she could balance, she looked to the lone tree in the backyard. Indeed she spotted Goku beneath its branches. Who could miss him in his bright orange outfit? ChiChi's intriguing eyes then spotted the dark-haired girl on the other side of him, her hand so casually placed on his chest.

ChiChi felt her inner demons begin to rise.

"It's no big deal ChiChi." Bulma said, trying to keep her calm, "It's not like she's out there making out with him. She's just being friendly."

ChiChi whipped her head around, hair flying, staring down Bulma with a look she had so often used with her own family, "Friendly? That is not friendly. Friendly is saying, 'Hi, how are you? Having a nice day?' That out there is what I'm putting a stop to, right now."

She turned and marched toward the backdoor, flinging it open and leaving a crack in the wall. Bulma cringed as she made her way over to the window to see what would unfold.

Vegeta walked in and saw Bulma straining on tiptoe to look outside. "What in god's name are you doing?" He asked, hands on his hips.

Bulma turned around and said nothing, looking him over a moment.

"Well? Are you going to answer me?" Vegeta asked.

"Come here." Bulma grabbed his hand and yanked him over to the window before he had a chance to protest. Once she let go and Vegeta put his hand back in it's previous position, Bulma looked at him with all seriousness. "I can't reach that window. Let me sit on your shoulders."

"What?"

"Just for a few minutes. You can do that, can't you?"

"I could. I'm not saying I will."

Bulma growled, clenching her fists, "Is it so hard? Get down so I can climb on!"

Vegeta smirked, crouching down so Bulma could get on his shoulders. "You better not drop me." Bulma said as he stood back up a little to quickly for her comfort.

"Now what?" Vegeta asked, casting his eyes upward.

"Just go stand by the window!" Bulma commanded in a sharp tone.

Vegeta obeyed, but not before scanning the room for any children that could be hiding behind corners waiting to tell everyone what Bulma made him do. Once he was sure they were alone, he stood beneath the window so Bulma could spy, um. . .I mean, watch.


ChiChi stared down at her husband with a fiery expression, and the girl who had decided to get cozy with him. Growling in her throat, she brought her leg back and kicked him.

"Ow!" Goku sat up, wincing at the pain in his side. He cracked an eye open and looked up at ChiChi, just as Colette sat up as well. "What was that for?"

"You tell me, Goku! What are you doing?!" ChiChi yelled.

"Taking a nap?" Goku tilted his head to one side like a confused puppy, hoping that was the answer she wanted.

"With her?!" She pointed at Colette. "I should kick you again!"

"No, please don't." Goku said.

Colette look back and forth from the two of them, uncertain if she should speak up just yet. She wasn't sure just how hard ChiChi could hit.

"I'm sure she just wanted some company, ChiChi. She's not bothering me." Goku said.

"That's the problem." ChiChi growled.

"Listen, she's leaving in five days. Why don't you lay off and let her have some fun? Bulma doesn't mind Samantha and Trunks hanging out together."

"Trunks is only eighteen, and he's not married!"

Goku cowered back from his wife. He knew her temper all to well.

"Just let me say one thing, Goku. I. . ." ChiChi stopped, watching Colette hug Goku closer to her. Her first instinct of course, was to yell at her, but somehow she couldn't do it. "I don't believe it." She said in the softest tone she had used since this whole ordeal.

"ChiChi?" Goku stared up at her. The anger and frustration gone. Instead, she seemed confused.

"You don't care, do you? No matter how angry I get, it's not going to do any good, will it. Goku, he's all you want, isn't he?" ChiChi said.

Colette nodded as she gripped the front of Goku's shirt, and looked up at ChiChi.

"Fine. Just watch yourself, don't take it to far." ChiChi said, crossing her arms.

"Ok." Colette replied.

ChiChi turned and walked back toward the house, occasionally looking over her shoulder to make sure Colette wouldn't pull anything once she wasn't looking.

"Phew!" Goku let out a sigh of relief and leaned back on the cool grass, "Thanks. You really spared me a lot of heartache." He gave Colette one of his adorable, goofy grins.

Colette managed to keep from melting into a little puddle, giving him a big smile back. "Anything for you, Goku."


"She's coming back! Hurry, put me down! Put me down!" Bulma slid off Vegeta's shoulder and hurried over to the sink to make it look like she had ben busy with the dishes. Vegeta crossed his arms and leaned up against the wall. "Don't stay here, then she'll definitely suspect something." Bulma said. Vegeta didn't move. "Vegeta! Get out of the kitchen!"

Vegeta growled as he turned and left the room, muttering to himself, but loud enough for her to hear, "Every time I'm gone she says, you're never around,Vegeta. Now I want to stay and she says, get out of the kitchen, Vegeta. Never satisfied. Baka woman."

Vegeta turned the corner just as ChiChi walked in, biting her lip.

"So, how did it go?" Bulma asked.

"Oh Bulma, I can't do it! I can't tell her to leave him alone!"

"Because, you know she won't listen?"

"No! Because I understand. I fell in love with Goku too. What woman in her right mind could resist him? He's ten times more attractive than Vegeta. No offense."

"None taken." Bulma replied.

"Speak for yourself." Vegeta whispered, listening from behind the wall.

"Son-kun is quite the heartthrob. In fact, if you hadn't married him when you did, I would've snapped him up for myself." Bulma winked.

"Ew. That means I would've married Vegeta. Oh my, how disturbing." ChiChi said, getting a confused look on her face.

Vegeta had a look on his face too, a look of disgust.

"I'm glad I got Goku. I guess I just lost my head for a moment."

"Over and done with, ChiChi." Bulma patted her friend on the back. "Now let's get lunch ready. We've got a lot of hungry people to feed. Oh and Vegeta, since you're still out there. . ."

Vegeta froze, blushing slightly.

"Would you go tell Samantha and the boys that lunch will be ready in about thirty minutes?"

"Fine." Vegeta headed for the staircase leading up to the dreaded room of his teenage son.


"I"m coming upstairs Trunks." Vegeta said as a warning. He didn't want to walk in on another one of Trunks' "study dates" "And if you're jumping on the bed and playing air guitar to songs by The Cars, especially a certain song that a certain sister of your has memorized, I'll rip your stereo system from the walls and show you the true meaning of that song.

Trunks switched off the stereo and jumped onto the floor . Goten sat backwards in a chair, whistling casually. Vegeta gave a hard stare to the two boys when he walked in.

"Where's the girl?" He asked.

"You mean Samantha?" Trunks asked.

"Who else would I mean? The other girl is flaunting herself all over Kakarott." Vegeta growled.

"Really?" Goten asked, getting one of his hentai grins.

"He didn't mean it like that, Goten." Trunks said. Getting a quizzical look, he looked over atVegeta, "Um, you didn't mean it like that, did you?"