Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Timeless Beauty ❯ Games ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note: OK you know what? I'm having major pain in the ass trying to put this up in ff.net, this is like the fifth time I tried to put the damn thing up and it keeps on cutting my story it off in half. I'm getting really frustrated with this piece of beep. Sigh I hope you guys liked this chapter!!!!
 
Timeless Beauty
-
-
Chapter 4: Games
 
Bulma and Juu watched as the old woman pulled a warm blanket over Chichi sleeping form on the futon.
 
Christ! The worry that she put us through! Juu thought. Chichi don't get asthma attack that easily. Not even when they were kidnapped so many times before, not even when she was about the get raped that time. Hell! Not even when she runs for 4 miles straight she doesn't get asthma! This must have shocked her too much…but then again I guess I would have had a heart attack too if I wasn't so worried about Chi.
 
Bulma had been trying to get some information out of the old women, like where they were and what year it was. But she guessed the old women had orders not to talk…hell, not to talk at all.
 
There was a soft knock on the paper door that jotted her out of her train of thoughts. The door slides open revealing a pretty woman around the ages of 25.
 
“The Ou-sama and Ouji-sama requests your audience. If you two would please follow me.” She spoke softly, in perfectly harnessed manner.
 
“Sure.” Bulma replied tiredly as she and Juu got up from Chichi's side. After claming Chi's asthma, they found the king and the prince….hell, practically everyone in the entire palace was looking at them. They sent them in this room and a servant to get to into some decent kimonos and Chi into a bed.
 
Bulma and Juu walked silently down the long elegant hallway. Everything was beautifully carved, even the floor was polished smoothly inch to inch.
 
They stopped in front of another door. This one had two guards on each side; they nodded and let the women knock, after a few seconds there was a voice of admittance and she slide the door open revealing a large room.
 
On the walls hung elaborated swords and weapons, tiger skins, and vases of all kind. In the middle of the room was a low table with sake and some cushions around it. Around that table was their group of people.
 
`My favorite bunch too! O goodie,' Bulma thought sarcastically, “Ten guesses I know what this is going to be about.” She whispered to Juu. The two entered the room, all eyes on them. At the table were two empty seats but they knew better then to just flop down and start downing the sake.
 
The Ou, the Ouji, Kakkarote, and two other people they don't know bore their eyes on her and Juu. One was short and bald but had a fine body, and cute face. The other had dark blue hair that reached slightly pass is shoulders, dark blue eyes almost black. He sat tall and powerful.
 
After five whole minuets of standing there having a staring contest of two against five, the king finally gestured for them to sit. Neither Juu nor Bulma moved, neither of them wanting to take the first step, because the first seat was right in front of the king, himself.
 
All the men in the room are quiet aware of that situation and had to hide their amusement, knowing that neither of the girls wants to sit in the first seat.
 
Bulma stumbled forward a little when Juu used her shoulder to nudge her.
“Thanks a lot Juu, some friend you are.” She sent a quickly glare her way and got an apologetic smile from her. She was left with no choice but the take the god-forsaken seat. Juu followed sitting next to her.
 
“Who do you work for?” Vegeta-ouji demanded, straight to the point.
 
“What?” Bulma asked confused.
 
“Don't play stupid with me, onna!” Vegeta said angrily to them, slamming his hand down on the table. “I know your working for the Batochu forces!”
 
“Vegeta!” The ou growled out a low, warning tone in his voice. The ouji continued to glare darkly at them, almost making Bulma want to hide under the table.
 
“I'm not letting that over grown beast scare me.” She thought glaring back at him openly.
 
“Do you know how to play?” The Ou asked out of the random.
 
It took a second for Bulma to realize he meant shoji. On the table in front of the Ou and Bulma laid a shoji board, perfectly carved out of oak wood.
 
“Yes.” Bulma replied look up at him.
 
“How about we play a game then?” It wasn't a question; it was more of a command.
 
“Each piece you take you can ask me a question and I will answer you truthfully and same goes for you. And to make it even more exciting, if you win you can have all of you and your friend's belongings back. Deal?”
 
“Deal.” Bulma answered looking straight back at him, accepting the challenge and not backing down.
 
“plnk”
 
“Your names?”
 
“Bulma Briefs. This is my friend Juu Geru and the other one is Chichi Ox.” All his moves are well planned out, as if…as if he knows what the I'm thinking. His Attacks and defenses blend perfectly together.
 
plnk”
 
“Where am I?”
 
“Tokyo, Japan's national capital. You rest in the Imperial House of Japan. ” She knows this game well… Both Ou and Ouji observed as they watch her study the pieces in front of them.
 
“plnk”
 
“Where do you come from?” The Ou asked taking her horse soldier.
 
“…Kyoto.” IT'S A TRAP!!!! To lure me into false securely. Bulma realized this.
 
“plnk”
 
“Who is this `Batochu force'?”
 
“Our enemy, for more then seven years.” She's sending all of her bishops to close in on my king, trying to draw attention away from it by using her knight to attack my other pieces.
 
“plnk”
 
“How did you come across such expensive object?” He nodded towards a pile of their belonging in the back corner of the room.
 
“It was a gift from my father.” We landed in the middle of a war? She reached for the next piece, taking his last horse men.
 
“plnk”
 
“What year is it?” This question raised everyone's eyebrows as they looked at the two girls.
 
“The year is 200.”
 
“plnk”
 
“How did you get in the gardens, girl?” Taking her last pawn, they were still on equal grounds either of them showing potential of winning or losing. To say that she has lasted this long is more than a little surprising.
 
Bulma let out a sigh at this question, knowing that they still won't believe her get her answer was still the same, “I don't know.” She met her eyes with the Ou never wavering.
 
plnk”
 
“Why didn't you lock us up in the cells or something?” I'm sure the guy isn't brain-dead. I mean, we did just appear out of nowhere.
 
“I don't see the need to…” He replied causally. Bulma narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, but knew better then to say anything. If accusing the king of something isn't enough reason for her head to be chopped off then I don't know what is.
 
“plnk”
 
“What was wrong with the other girl with you?” She's a fast learner, quick-minded. So already sees my trap and is countering it.
 
What amazed him most was the fact that it took him and his own son a full two years to understand the weaknesses and strengths of this trap and she seems to already know it like the back of her hand.
 
“She has asthma, it's a type of sickness that makes it hard for her to breathe especially when she's in shock. It's not easy for her to get it often but this must have shocked her too much.”
 
“What do you mean by `this'?” Vegeta-Ou asked curiously.
 
“Sorry, only one question each.” Bulma smiled up at him. Surprisingly to all the men in the room, the Ou smirked at her reply.
 
He smirked, knowing that he would win now, “I have never once lost a game.”
 
He had two of his generals, gold and silver, cornering her king and she had only her bishop left that's close enough to defend her king. Either general she takes from him she's still going to lose, because both of his generals have a clear open on her.
 
“Nor have I.” Came Bulma's soft reply, a patient smile on her face.
 
Then it hit them, all of them, Kakkarote, Krillan, Brolli, Vegeta and the Ou. Realization came like an unstoppable storm. It was so clear, as clear as day is from night.
 
“It was a trap! All a trap!” Vegeta-Ou thought, utterly shocked as he finally saw the trap that she had set up, a trap so quiet and unnoticeable that even he himself wasn't able to see.
 
She slowly reached for the rook that the king didn't notice until just now.
 
Every move that she made was to set up this trap, every piece that she let me take was to end up benefiting her pieces in the end. It was like she was molding clay, in the end it would create this beautiful yet deadly trap. Vegeta-Ou thought, he's stare intensifies as she reaches toward the one… The one that has the power to…
 
She forced her hands from shaking as she reached for the rook.
 
She could move left to take the knight…or…straight and take the king…
 
Slowly her hands pick up the beautifully craved wooden piece.
 
`God, help me…' She didn't know what to do.
 
There are two choices,
 
Two moves,
 
But there can only be one victor…
 
In one clear instance, she made her final decision…
 
Author's note: Yah My first ever cliffhanger!!! Tell me what you think about this and let me know!!! You can make me happier by reviewing!!! PLZ????? ::cute puppy eyes::