Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Timeless Beauty ❯ The Prophecy ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: This chapter has been re-edited/fixed. Plz read and enjoy!
 
(To my reviewers)
 
Dbz fan jess- Thanks for the support in every chapter!!! ::tight tight hug::
 
Cha Seew Bow- I've had this story line suck in my head for awhile now and it kept on replaying over and over again so I deiced to write it down...hopefully to get it out of my head. Thanks for reviewing!!!
 
Ccfleursdelys- Thanks for the review!!! I just saw that no one has done a time travel back in the days thing yet because everyone is so hooked on the alternate universe time travel thing, so I deiced to do something different!!! I'm so glad that you like it! I'm trying to update as soon as possible!!!!
 
Dark Goku- Thanks for the tip on what Frieza and his kind are called!!! I have no idea, cuz I only watched to English version of it...sadly. I think I'll change their group to call it `Icejins'. I mean the `lizards' is very pathetic name, makes it sound really retarded. Haha.
 
(Japanese 101)
 
Onna- women
Ou- King
Ouji- Prince
Futon- bed, only consisting of blankets
Shoji- Japanese chess
Tikuso- Fuck, shit
 
Timeless Beauty
-
-
Chapter 5: The Prophecy
 
The room was in complete silence.
 
No one moved or spoke, or even breathed.
 
Bulma looked at the knight in her hand, and then to her king and his king that lay on the wooden board.
 
Moving her hand, she jumped his last knight, giving him the turn to completely annihilate her king; winning the game.
 
This was the first time she had `lost' in years; the only person that was able to beat her was her father. Looking at the king's expressionless face, she idly wonder if the he ever saw her second trap.
 
“They say that…you can tell a person by how they play shoji.” Vegeta-Ou's deep voice rumbled softly, breaking the silence. “Tell me, what kind of person do you see in the way I played?”
 
Bulma glanced at Juu, getting a `I hope your not going to piss him off and get us all killed' look from her.
 
She sighed softly, and lifted her head up looking into those unreadable eyes.
 
“You are aggressive, determine, and focus. The way you were able to see that I was setting up a trap from the very second I moved my first piece; tells me that you are very aware of your surroundings and is not one to be easily fooled or swayed. You plan out each action carefully, sometimes sacrificing other pieces to get where you want to be. This shows that you know what your goal in life is and that your very focus in getting what you want…”
 
“But?…” Vegeta-Ou prompted knowing that she knows more. Neither mad nor scared that she was able to read all that from just one game.
 
“Your pride makes you underestimate your opponents, which may be your only downfall. Your goals, your greed can also….blind you from what is really important. The fact that you throw pieces out there for me to take tells me that you are…”
 
“Cruel...” Vegeta-Ou filled in for her.
 
“And selfish.” She finished even before she knew what she was saying.
 
Complete tension and silence filled the room yet again.
 
`Tikusou! I'm going to die aren't I?' Bulma panicked to herself inside, but on the outside she didn't move a muscle.
 
`O shit, I'm so going to die.' Juu thought, wanting slam her head on that perfectly polished table in front of her, over and over again. `How the hell did I become friends with Bulma again?'
 
All of a sudden the room was filled with Ou-sama's laugher. It came from deep within him. Never has anyone able to beat him a chess game, yet this girl was able to on her first game with him. Though she didn't take his king, she might as well have since it was clear that she purposely avoided it.
 
His laugher vibrated through the room, everyone staring at him confusedly.
 
Vegeta's mouth almost dropped open in shock. His father…laughing? Just who is this onna? To make him father be able to laugh. He, Vegeta-ouji himself, had hardly ever even seen his father laugh, not counting the cruel or sarcastic ones of course. Hell! He didn't even know that his own father was capable of laughing until now. It was a real laugh…a pure, real laugh. One from the bottom of the Ou's heart.
 
“Raddize!” Vegeta-Ou called out after settling down.
 
A darkly, handsome man with long black hair that reached to his waist, slid the paper door open and kneed down. “Yes, Ou-sama?” He asked.
 
“Take Miss Bulma and Juu to the private gardens to wait for me there and send Baba in.” Vegeta-Ou commanded. The one called Raddize nodded and got up, waiting for the two to get up.
 
Bulma was going to protest but a quick pinch on her toes from Juu stopped her. She followed Juu up and walked out, following the man to the gardens.
 
>>>>>>>>
 
“They are the ones…” Kakkarote said once the door closed. He had been studying all three of them from the moment they had appeared. This can't be a mistake, he couldn't be wrong about something like this.
 
“To be honest I'm a little disappointed, I always thought that it would have been someone stronger.” Brolly none-the-less agreed. “But at least they came to us and not to the Batochu.”
 
“They aren't the ones.” Vegeta-ouji said darkly. “They can't be.”
 
“They are,” Vegeta-ou said firmly. “And rightly so.”
 
“Are you still going to go on with the rest of the test?” Krillan asked the Ou. The Ou had just given out one of the three testes, the match was the first one.
 
The door slide open revealing a small, old women. The old women came in and kneed down. With a gesture from the king, she humbly sat down were Juu had been, carefully unfolded a cloth, revealing a crystal ball.
 
“Listen you washed up rag, I don't need your little hooky-pokey now.” Vegeta snared at her rudely. “Tell us if they are really `the ones'.”
 
“So they have come.” Baba said ominously. “The stars have changed lately, they seem to grow brighter every day.”
 
“Are they the ones?” Kakkarote asked again.
 
“They are indeed so,” Baba replied, closing her eyes. “They are the ones. But she is the only one that will save this world and bring you, Saiya-jin no ouji, to your true destiny. You must protect her at all cost.”
 
“How dare you tell me what to do, you old hag!!!” Vegeta yelled angrily. How is a bunch of weak women going to help him? “I don't need help. Not from them, not from anyone.”
 
“Are you positively sure that they are the ones?” Vegeta-Ou demanded, ignoring his son's outbursts.
 
“I think you know the answer to that one yourself, Ou-sama.” Baba said bowing her head.
 
“You may leave.” The Ou dismissed, waving his hand.
 
“See! Even Baba said that they are the ones.” Kakkarote chirped in happily.
 
“Quiet you fool!” Vegeta snared at Kakkarote. “Father, we should proceed to the last two tests to be sure.”
 
“That won't be necessary,” Vegeta-ou replied calmly, downing his cup of sake. “And you will see why soon.”
 
With that he got up and left for the gardens.
 
(Garden)
 
“So…what's your name?” Bulma asked, looked up at the tall, dark and cute guy. He gave a smirk that would have made her blush if she was anyone else. But she wasn't, so she didn't. In fact she sent a flirtatious smirk back, from her many experiences.
 
Juu was near the lake, skipping stones. Bulma and her have been here for about 15 minutes already and they were tired. It was probably around midnight now.
 
“Raddize.” He replied, his deep voice vibrated through his chest. He studied the beautiful little onna before him. `Is she FLIRTING with me?'
 
“Raddize huh? I guess it's fitting for a strong, handsome man like you.” Bulma concluded, tilting her head to one side lightly. “So have you found your soul mate yet?”
 
(Lake)
 
`God help the poor man. She's in that flirting mode…' Juu thought rolling her eyes as she saw Bulma's trade mark, `tilt the head and twirl the hair'.
 
`That' usually meant that she wasn't serious about the flirting and would probably forget about the poor man in the next two second, when she already, unknowingly, got him hooked on her.
 
Juu sighed as she looked up at the cool night sky. Millions of other stars spread brilliantly over the sky, but among them, there were three that caught her attention. Three that were shining the brightest, out of all the others.
 
She barely felt the winds blowing softy against her skin as she looked harder…
 
There was something about them…
 
Something drawing…
 
“…the goddess and the golden warrior…
 
…three stars shall align together…”
 
Gasping, Juu and quickly spun around looking for the source…no one.
 
She could have sworn she heard…
 
`Was that just the wind?' Juu shivered, wrapping her arms around herself. `How'd it get so cold all of the sudden?'
 
“Stop thinking so hard! You might hurt yourself.” Bulma's playful voice jotted her out of her thinking. She felt Bulma wrap her arms around Juu shoulders from behind her, trying to keep both of them warm.
 
“Hey! Just because I'm not a nerd like you, doesn't mean that I'm not smart.” Juu mock pouted, smiling.
 
“Sure Juu, just keep telling yourself that.” Bulma chuckled, resting her head on Juu's shoulder, behind her.
 
“Hey Blue?” Juu said softy, still looking up at the stars. Bulma tilted her head up to look at Juu.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Do you remember how we met?”
 
“How can I forget?” Bulma couldn't help but smirk at the memory.
 
The three of them, Chichi, Bulma, and Juu have always been close. They met under the oddest circumstances, during one of their first kidnap and ransoms, they were all locked in a small dirty motel room, in some city slum.
 
They were six years old then, three of the nations wealthiest children, `born with a golden spoon in their mouths' so to say.
 
None of them knew what to do, until Bulma like always, couldn't take the crap anymore and deiced to do something about it, with her intelligence. Along with Chichi who was…and still is, a very violent little girl who had just started to learn karate. And then there was Juu, the tomboy with her quiet watchfulness.
 
They planned an escape and some how managed to get from Yamaguchi back home to, Hiroshima.
 
“I'm telling you it must have been fated or something, for us to meet like that.” Bulma said softly now looking up at the sky, her arms still around Juu.
 
“Where are we, Bulma?” Juu asked. A simple question right? In any other circumstances she would have been able to answer that right back but… there was more to this simple question.
 
“I have an I idea with what's been going on around here. But I'll tell you when Chichi wakes up.” Bulma said looking up at the stars.
 
Authors Note: So what did you guys think? Not so event full, I know. I'm really busy this week with psychology project and papers, and final exams coming up and all that good stuff. So sorry if I don't update as soon as you would like me to!!!
 
REVIEW!!!