Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ To Be Or Not To Be Queen, That Is The Question ❯ The Grand Ball ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer-Read the first one

Summary-Read the first one

A/N: For the last chapter, when Janel calls Samantha 'gay slut', know that I have nothing against either of those people. It's something the person Janel is based off used to say.

The Grand Ball Starts

Chichi, Bulma, and 18, along with their new friend Kali, were getting dressed in their own personal dressing room. Each was going to wear a different outfit, stylish but not flashy.

Bulma pulled her turquoise hair up into a high ponytail off her neck. She wore an amber-colored tight-fitting dress with a maroon bodice and off-the-shoulder black sleeves with a white flower design cut over them. She pulled on her black heels and took a good look at herself in the mirror. "Bulma Brief," she squealed to herself. "You are going to knock the prince DEAD!"

In the next room over, Chichi was also getting ready. She took her hair down from the bun, revealing how long it actually was, and the purple highlights in it. She put on a red, tight-fitting dress with thin sleeves tight on her shoulders. The dress part had a thin, white-and-red striped pattern to it that made her look especially thin. She pulled on her red heels and smiled to herself. 'Okay, Chichi,' she prepped herself in her head. 'Ignore the prince and spend your time with Kakarotto. And don't screw it up!'

The third room wasn't filled with any hopes for the night. Inside, a sedate 18 was putting on a semi-tight-fitting dress of pure black. Her sleeves were off the shoulder, hanging limply. She pulled on her black heels grimly, vowing to herself not to draw attention to herself. 'If there's one thing I don't wanna do,' she thought, 'it's catch Vegeta's eye.'

And in the fourth room, a very excited Kali was pulling on her dress of extremely dark purple. It was a tight-fitting bodice with a slightly loose skirt. Her sleeves were on her shoulders and were two apiece. She pulled on her long, purple gloves and stepped into her dark purple heels. 'Just don't act like a retard,' she commanded herself, 'and you'll be fine.'

As all four of them stepped out, there was a mix of emotions: excitement, nervousness, annoyance, and hope. You can guess which one was which.

Chichi, Bulma, 18, and Kali stepped into the ballroom, and nearly dropped their jaws open at the sight. The place was beautiful. The walls were made of amber and topaz. The ceiling was held up with pillars of those same precious gems. The floor was made of marble, though it was painted to look like the other gems. The ceiling was painted like the Sistine Chapel. Food was arrayed on a table grandly. Every dishware was made of silver. The four girls felt out of place amidst this fine stuff.

Of course, Samantha felt perfectly at home. She had the richest family on Vegetasei, next to the royal family. As it was, she was wearing the fanciest dress at the party. It was a gray-blue hoop skirt with pointed, off-the-shoulder sleeves and black heels. She swept into the room with a mien of snobbishness, as if she had already won the Prince, with her cronies Cleo, Nydia, and Ilana following after her like puppies on a leash.

"Look," Samantha said to her lackeys. "It's the pitiful Earth girls and their even more pitiful Saiyan friend."

"Pitiful, Samantha?" 18 said, smiling smugly. "I don't recall you knocking my head into a wall."

Samantha scoffed like a cheerleader (A/N: Apologies to you actual cheerleaders and my friend Megan, I needed an analogy!) and turned away, swishing her skirt to make her look superior.

"Hello, ladies," a young woman said, coming up to them. She had her black hair pulled back in a sharp, pointed ponytail and had black eyes and dark green skin. She was dressed in a tight, green kimono, the uniform of a royal maid. "My name is Keely (1). I'm here to inform you that the royal family will be here soon, so I want to give you a few warnings. When they walk past, just smile and curtsey. Don't talk until they pass. And if you see a tall, bald guy who throws bad insults, don't bother talking to him. He's not quite right here." Keely pointed to her head, giggled a little and smiled. "Other than that, this party is pretty informal. You can talk to and dance with whomever you like. Just a little warning about the prince." She lowered her voice to a hushed whisper. "Never, ever talk about Lord Frieza in front of Vegeta. Don't challenge him or insult him. Just be polite, but don't act like a desperate slut. And if you see him talking with the king or a freaky purple lizard-thing, don't interrupt."

"You got it," Bulma said, smiling at Keely.

"Good," Keely said, her voice returning to its normal note. "Well, that's all. You were my last charge. Mind if I hang around with you a little while?"

"Sure," Kali said. "Anyway, my name's Kali."

"I'm Chichi/Bulma/18," said Chichi/Bulma/18.

"Keely, what's up with your skin?" 18 asked. "I mean, nobody here has green skin except for that girl over there." She pointed to a girl with the same skin color, though her eyes were forest green and her bushy hair in a high ponytail was yellow.

"Oh, that?" Keely said. "Well, I'm not a Saiyan. I'm from the planet Serpent. I'm here with the king, Kai, his daughter, Snake, and the other head maid, Cathy (2). What about you girls? You're not from Vegetasei, are you?"

"Nope," Bulma said. "We're from Earth."

"Earth?" Keely exclaimed. " I visited there once. That's a cool planet."

A trumpet sounded, and Keely spoke again. "It's time for the royalty to pass by. Just stay quiet and look like you respect the snobs and it'll all go down okay."

Keely, Chichi, Bulma, 18, and Kali all stood in a line, trying to suppress their laughter. The first to come out was a short, pale blue man in a strange Japanese-looking suit, accompanied by a tall, green young woman in a tight dark blue dress and synthetic fur cape. "That's King Kai and Princess Snake. The queen died in childbirth."

A long list of royalty came in and passed by. Finally, Keely announced the royal family of Vegetasei. "That's the king," she said, slightly pointing to a tall man with black hair in a widow's peak, hard black eyes, and a mustache. "Don't talk to him. EVER."

Next to come out was a beautiful woman. Her black hair was long and straight, and her eyes were violet instead of black. She was much smaller than the king and built very thinly. "That's Queen Rosicheena," Keely said. "She's the nicest person I know. Just don't get on her bad side, or you'll wish you were never born."

"She's that tense?" Bulma whispered to Keely.

"No, but the king is, and he's very protective of the queen."

Keely took in a breath. "The prince is coming next," she said.

Kali and Bulma squeezed each other's arms in excitement. 18 looked bored and Chichi wasn't even looking in that direction. Keely was looking anxious.

The lights seemed to dim a little as Prince Vegeta stepped out…

Wow! Semi-cliffy! Just a few warnings, Vegeta will be a tiny bit OOC, because he hasn't trained under Frieza. Only a tiny bit, though. He'll also be friends with Kakarotto and Krillin.

1-Did anyone else see that episode where Goku wound up at Princess Snake's place? Well, Keely was one of her maids.

2-Keely was the only maid whose name I knew, so I just described another maid and named her Cathy.

REVIEW!