Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ To Be Or Not To Be Queen, That Is The Question ❯ Meeting The Competition ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer-Read the first one

Summary-Read the first one

Meeting the Competition

Chichi stood in her room. It wouldn't be her room for much longer anyway. It didn't even look like a room anymore. Everything of hers was packed up in those three suitcases on her bed.

She looked ready to cry. Everything she had ever known on Vegetasei was right here. Just standing in this room made her feel so nostalgic she just wanted to burst into petty tears.

But then she brightened. It wasn't every day that she got to see a real palace! And anyway, she was sure Prince Vegeta wouldn't be interested in her, so she'd be free to see Kakarotto easily!

Chichi smiled her beautiful smile. A new life awaited her in the palace!

Bulma had been smiling since she woke up that morning. She'd had trouble getting to sleep that night, but her blue eyes had stayed shiny, without even a red rim around her bottom lid.

'This is it, Bulma Brief!' she thought. 'You're going to meet the prince, and you're gonna blow him away. So, whatever you do. DON'T. SCREW. UP.'

Bulma hummed to herself as she put in her last outfit.

18 had shown absolutely no emotion since she had gotten up. It wasn't her way. She never showed emotion at all. Well, she had before. She had cried when her brother, 17, had been murdered by the serial killer Cell. And she had cried again when her parents, unable to deal with it all, had sent her away to live at Vegetasei. And, of course, she showed anger at Samantha and friendship to Bulma and Chichi. But that was it.

18 threw her clothes into her bag savagely. Her #1 rule: Never let emotion get the better of you. You will only end up hurt.

'What about Krillin?' her little inner voice asked.

From that first day, Krillin had been nagging at her mind. She kept thinking about him at the most inopportune times, and found herself loving every minute of it. Whenever she thought of him, she felt weird and confused and wonderful and pink. Was this what they called love?

18 sighed and shut her suitcase, finding herself thinking of him again.

'Stop it,' she scolded herself. 'You are acting like a junior high girl with a crush. Brace up, 18, or prepare yourself for heartbreak.'

Chichi, Bulma, and 18 pulled up to the palace gates, which they found wide open for them. Chichi parked the small red convertible just outside.

"Well girls, here we go," Bulma said. "Just think, this could be my destiny…" she trailed off, eyes starry.

18 rolled her eyes and Chichi giggled. Bulma went giddy whenever she thought of Vegeta.

"You know there's no such thing as destiny, Bulma," 18 said.

"DON'T CRUSH MY DREAMS!!"

The three friends walked down the huge aisle, where the other 7 girls were waiting. Samantha was talking to Cleo, Nydia, and Ilana. All of them had black hair/eyes, furry brown tails, and were quite tall, though not as tall as Chichi, Bulma, or 18. Two other girls, Sylvia and Diana, were talking amongst themselves about nothing in particular.

Standing alone was a rather small girl; so small that 18 had to look down to see her entirely. Her black hair was short, just below her shoulders. She had tiny brown freckles all over her nose and a little under her eyes. Her eyes were dark, and they were sparkling. It was Kali.

"Hi!" she said happily to the three. "My name is Kali Dark! What are yours?"

"I'm Chichi King," Chichi said.

"My name's Bulma Brief," Bulma introduced herself.

"18 Gero," 18 said, popping a huge bubble from the gum she had been chewing for the past 10 minutes. One thing about 18: she was always chewing Spearmint gum.

"Nice to meet you!" Kali said. "Hey, you two have interesting hair," she said to Bulma and 18. "How'd you get it to those pretty colors?"

"See, we're not from Vegetasei," Bulma said. "We're from a planet called Earth."

"Really?" Kali said. "I've heard of that planet! They say it's full of third-rate warriors."

"Hey!" Bulma exclaimed. "Earth has plenty of strong fighters. This one boy, Yamcha Bandit, is the strongest on Earth!" She sighed. "He's my ex-boyfriend. We broke up after three or so years when it wasn't working out…" Bulma trailed off, looking sad. Then, she smiled. "Oh well! He's happy, and I'm meeting the prince!"

"Do you think you have a chance? I mean, no offense…" Kali trailed.

"No sweat!" Bulma said. "The prince ain't that picky is he?"

"I, for one, hope he is kinda picky," Chichi interrupted. "I met this boy, Kakarotto, a few days ago when we found out about the list."

"Oh, I know Kakarotto!" Kali exclaimed. "He's my older brother! He's a sweetie, but he hates school. He…well, he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, y'know?"

"I don't care," Chichi said confidently. "I know a possible boyfriend when I see one."

"Yeah," Kali agreed. "I'm not exactly book-smart, either. My best friend, Janel, teases me about that."

"So, Kali," 18 said, popping another bubble. "You think you have a chance?"

"Oh, not at all," Kali said. "I'm not the prince's type, and besides, I have a boyfriend. They probably just picked me for my looks."

"Oh please," 18 said in mock begging, looking at Samantha. "We don't need another conceited 6!tc# around here."

"I know!" Kali exclaimed. "Samantha is such a jerk, you know? She constantly picks on my friend Janel. So Janel just calls back to her, calls her a 'gay slut' all the time. Then Samantha looks at her like she's got no right to call her that."

"And these," Samantha said to her friends, gesturing towards the three, "are the unworthy Earth girls who were picked out of pity."

"Samantha, can you tell me just what you're trying to prove?" Chichi asked, annoyed.

"I'm just telling Cleo, Nydia, and Ilana who they're going to stomp into the ground."

"P!$$ off," 18 said, flipping Samantha the bird.

"Make me, Miss Number-for-a-name! Where'd your mother have you, in a lab tank?"

"SHUT UP!!!!!!"

Before Samantha could grasp the situation, 18's palm had connected solidly with her face. Samantha's head went flying into the wall, the rest of her body following it. Samantha slumped to the ground, nearly unconscious. 18 was breathing hard and trying desperately not to cry.

"If I didn't have self-respect," 18 said, "I'd continue to kick the crap outta you. But I've decide to keep my dignity and not defile my hands by touching your skin."

"How'd you do that?" Kali exclaimed. "You're not even Saiyan!"

"Hey, just because I'm an Earthling doesn't mean I'm weak!" 18 said. "Tell your friend Janel that her 'gay slut' problem has been cleared up."

"Ahem."

All of the girls turned to look at the man who the voice belonged to. Even Samantha roused herself and looked.

Standing there was a tall, muscular man. He had spiky black hair and wore black armor, his tail wrapped around his waist. "Ladies, the king has an order. All of you will attend the Grand Ball tonight."

The girls gasped. The Grand Ball!

What a perfect opportunity!

Me again!

I got the idea for Kali being Kakarotto's sister from a dream I had the other night. The Z-Fighters were camping, and Goku had his memories back. He said that he missed his family, especially his SISTER and mother. And my friend, who Kali is based off, acts a lot like Goku. I also got a vision of his mother. She looked like that girl from G Gundam if she had black hair, a tail, and Videl's clothes. I was hoping she'd look more like Celipa…

Pointless Author's Rambling: Why do Funimation lines make no sense? One episode of DBZ, 'Trouble On Arlia' had the WORST insult in history. Nappa called the Arlian king 'stupid-looking cricket thing'. Funimation, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT????!!!!

Enough of my rambling.

PLEASE GIVE ME REVIEWS. I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF FEEDBACK.