Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Trading Places ❯ I don’t look like I should ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Trading Places

Author: J'dee

Rating: NC-15/6 (offensive language)

Genre: Humour / Drama

Idea: DBGT Pleasantville style... Two siblings are switched with the Brief siblings.

Author's Note: okay random reviewers who wanna be in this fic. at the end of this chappie (which I admit is lacking due to my energies being on college) there's a little bio thing. I'll need ya'll to fill out. let me know if you wanna be a regular or a guest.

Added AN: The Japanese I use in this well it's not regular used in fics... why? Cause I'm J'dee and I like to be original and difficult and completely obsessed about Yamcha like marrying him and starting a quant little family, with a nice house, white picket fence, a golden lab for a pet and to have lots of money on the side... ^.^' I got side tracked again didn't I?

The Disclaimer: I dun own DB/Z/GT...

***

*I don't look like I should*

Chapter Ten

Trunks sighed as he wandered in to the house at the now normal time of 4:15pm. As normal Bra was at home sitting in the lounge flipping through the Digital cable channels.

"Where's Brian?" Trunks asked with a grumble.

"Oh he's gone out with mum to do some shopping, he's cooking a large meal tonight and I can't wait! He cooks absolutely primo!"

It took a mere moment for Trunks to register what she said. Due to the monotony of the work routine, he'd stopped thinking all together, until he got home.

"Wait- mum, primo?"

"Yeah."

"Bra are you feeling alright?"

"X-squeeze me? What did you just call me?"

"Bra. Your name remember?"

"Ooooh kay.... I think somebody's been getting in to the nose powder a bit to early."

"Nose what?" Trunks looked at her and he sighed. He grabbed the remote from her and flicked to a normal tv channel.

"Hey I was watching that!"

They stopped as the music changed and little globe appeared on the screen and it flicked to the news update.

"A crisis struck today when one nineteen year old teenager struck out psychotically in fits of rage, injuring his family and nearly destroying their home. He claimed to be a created 'perfect' being by the name of Cell and that the world should pay for what it has done to him. This time last week he was fine with no signs of mental illness or schizophrenia. But doctor's have diagnosed him as insane and highly dangerous. He is now on the run from police and several institutes who would like to help him..."

"Cell..." Trunks breathed. "It's not just us!"

"In other news a plane crash in a field out in the state of Texas, was caused as the pilot claimed by a 'flying teenager' an inquiry has been put forward to see if there is any sign of drinking and drugs in the pilot's system..."

"Weird..." Bra muttered.

"In world news, several teenagers have just vanished from their homes, with no sign of kidnapping or an attempt to run away. All this occurred pretty much within this last week when the world shared a global thunderstorm, several homes where the teenagers lived were stuck the other family unharmed but the teenagers vanished. American Police are investigating.... all that and more at six o' clock tonight."

"Unreal." Bra breathed.

Trunks nodded. "So not only are people trading places they're vanishing to."

Bra looked at him like he was crazy.

"That's nice boy, now give me the remote I wanna watch my show."

Trunks handed her the remote and he shook his head at her. "You've changed Bra... look, I'm going out."

"Where you going?"

"That flying teenager has to of used his ki to fly, in other words I'm looking for his energy and I'm going to talk to him."

"Hello smartie pants... America!! Didn't you hear her?!"

Trunks smirked. "Fine I'm going for a drive."

"Oh whatever." She scoffed.

Trunks wandered outside he looked up and began to see if he could use his abilities to locate unusual ki levels in the atmosphere. He grinned as he locked on to something.

"Bingo." He grinned and powered up taking to the sky.

***

Goku was training in the sky as not to attract attention on the ground when he sensed it to the south, very far south, there was someone's energy. They were flying and Goku realised instantly it could of been someone trapped in another body like him. he decided to check it out and placing two fingers to his forehead he seeked the ki out and instant transmissioned to where it was.

Appearing behind the flying teenager he stopped flying suddenly and skidded in the air spinning round and looking at him.

"Hi!" He greeted cheerily.

"GOKU!!" The teenager exclaimed.

"Uhhh yeah, apparently my name is Chris or S'rac or something like that... But I'm Goku, even though I don't look like I should."

"It's me Trunks!"

"Trunks?! Oh wow... you too huh?"

"Yeah. And Bra."

"Bra as well... You don't happen to know what's going on do you?"

"Not entirely. But we have bigger problems, apparently Cell has been switched too and is roaming loose.

"Oh boy! And he's in a human body like these, so that means we can't harm him..."

"If you, me, Bra, Cell have been switched. There's a good deal that other's have to."

Goku nodded. "I sensed some ki's elsewhere too, should we check them out?"

"We better." Trunks remarked and grabbed on to Goku's shoulder as he instant transmissioned elsewhere on the planet.

***

Pan ran the brush through her hair staring at her reflection foreignly, well none of it was her's, it was someone elses some one who's name she didn't even know. She put the brush down and pulled the golden brown hair up and off her face, she then fingered the banana, at least she still had her clothes. She placed the bandanna on. She stopped as she felt the flicker of ki and she turned round and jumped when two figures just arrived in the bathroom.

"What the-" She stopped. 'Wait that was instant transmission!' She thought. 'please! Let it be ojii-san.'

"Hey!" He smiled. Even though it wasn't her grandfather's body she knew that smile anywhere and she jumped on him hugging him. She hadn't thought she would ever see him again, but here he was.

"Ojii-san!!" She sniffled she felt like crying.

"Kami Pan!!" The other guy exclaimed.

She looked at him confused.

"It's me Trunks!"

"You too?!" Pan beamed even more. She jumped from Goku and on to Trunks. She wasn't alone in all of this after all. She felt a large relief lifted from her shoulders.

She noticed Trunks blush as she hugged him.

"Wow how weird." he murmured. "For once your older than I am."

She looked at him. "How old are you suppose to be?"

"Nineteen."

"Well I'm twenty- apparently." She nodded.

"I'm only fourteen." Goku shrugged.

"This is too weird." Pan shook her head.

"Hey Bra's twenty-two."

"Bra too?!" Pan blinked.

"Yeah but she's gone weird, kinda hooked in to who ever it is's ex-boyfriend of the body she's in." Trunks sighed.

Goku looked at them. "Well there are others out there. I can sense one more, but I'm worried, what if someone like Bulma was switched. How would we locate her?"

"Lets see who this other is first." Trunks noted.

"Well grab a hold the road trip continues."

"Ojii-san we're not using a road."

He rubbed the back of his neck and grinned. "Oh yeah."

***

Videl lay on the bed staring at the same foreign ceiling she'd been looking at for the past few days. Controlling her energy much like Gohan had showed her when he first taught her how to fly. She sent the energy out in flickers much like a morse code. She felt no one would answer and she was dying for an escape from the brother from hell.

The last thing she was expecting was three teenagers to suddenly appear in the bedroom and she jumped up and just as she was about to scream the oldest put his hand over her mouth.

"Shhh. It's okay... You know us."

She raised a non believing eyebrow. he pointed to the youngest and he waved.

"That's Goku."

"Goku?" She looked at him.

"I'm Trunks."

"Oh kami..."

"Pan." he pointed to the last.

"Panny..."

Pan blinked and looked at her. "Oka-san?"

Videl hugged Pan. "Oh you're alright!"

"Goku you can't sense anyone like Gohan here can you?" Trunks asked.

Goku shook his head. "This was the next high power level I sensed. It appears Cell is keeping his suppressed."

"Cell!" Videl looked at Goku. "Oh not him." She groaned. "Isn't terroising one world enough?"

Goku rubbed the back of his neck. "Obviously not."

"Right lets just get out of here." Trunks remarked.

"So lock on to Bra's ki?" Goku asked.

"Yep."

"Bra too! This is unreal." Videl shook her head.

"Grab a hold." Goku grinned that typical son grin.

***

They arrived outside and headed inside, Goku took in instantly that there was a guy in the kitchen cooking. he turned round. "Oh hey Nick."

"Hey..."

"Wow that smells good!" Goku grinned.

"Ojii-san." Pan hissed

"But it does."

"I can cook some more if you guys want some?"

"That would be good. Thanks Brian."

Trunks lead them out of the kitchen and in to the lounge. Bra had gone. Trunks pushed open the door to her room and peered in, she was lying on the bed reading a college text book, a cat curled up beside her and another at the foot of the bed.

"Bra." Trunks looked at her.

She sat up. "Trunks."

he smiled. "Back to normal I see."

"Leave me alone, how did I know sleeping with that guy would make me think I'm this freak?" She sighed.

"You slept with him?!" Pan blinked.

"Yea, it just kinda... happened. big bro here flipped."

"I didn't flip." Trunks remarked crossing his arms across his chest in a Vegeta defence mode.

"Oh yeah so what do you call bursting in on us while we were-"

"Okay SHUSH now!!" Trunks shouted at her.

Pan giggled and sat on the bed.

"Guess what I watched the news." Bra said and smiled.

"And?" Goku scratched his head.

"Oka-san Trunks. She's here. She got arrested today for trying to steal something from some scientific lab, they wouldn't comment on what though. only that it's properties were very dangerous if in the wrong hands and used for all the wrong purposes." Bra explained.

"With Bulma here we could get back." Goku grinned.

"But we'd have to find her and everyone else switched too." Bra pointed out.

Videl sat down on the computer chair and Goku sat on the stool while Trunks stood. "So we have to break oka-san out of jail? Find who else has been switched. Stop Cell, AND find a way back to our reality- this could take some time." Trunks mused.

***

"And there's one for you, and one for you and for you and you." Banana Girl finished handing out the banana's to the cell jnrs.

Tobias and Deathdroid looked at them then at BananaGirl.

"Your bribery isn't gunna work on us." Tobias stated.

"I dun know. I'll only accept the banana if she puts me in OFUD."

BananaGirl looked at him and she thought for a moment. "Gimmie that banana back."

"Geez checking a fuse box can't take this long can it?" Nick asked.

J'dee shrugged and looked at Mabelle. "We're going out clubbing tonight wanna come?" She asked.

Mabelle nodded. "Sure sounds like fun."

"So what are we going to do until then?" Bura asked.

"How about find a solution to this little problem." Mirai pointed at John.

"Oh don't worry about John he's sweet. I'll explain to him Juuhachigou is actually Mabelle, he'll behave after that."

"He better." Mabelle crossed her arms and looked round. "So who else has been switched?" she asked curiosity getting the better of her.

"Well in my timeline my mother is claiming to be DeathStorm. I have no idea who that is." Mirai shook his head.

"Her reviews on fanfiction net say otherwise though." J'dee smirked.

"Could she just show up here any time?" Kari asked. "I don't want to have to fight her away from my Vegeta."

"Were you even listening before in the mall?" Nick asked.

"Possibly not because I tend to trail off. Especially when I saw the leather pants and rope that Chinow bought for Veggie."

"I'm not even gunna ask what the rope's for." S'rac sweatdropped.

J'dee pulled at her hair, "Wow this color is sooo bright. I dun really like aqua. How am I going to find an outfit that won't clash with this hair?"

"Dye it." Nick stated.

"What is it with you and dye?" Jeril asked.

Nick shrugged. "I just wanna freak Trunks out when he returns to this body."

Jeril grinned. "An evil idea if I do say so myself."

"You know I will stop you from doing anything drastic to my wife's body." Gohan remarked looking at Jeril with a warning glare.

"Oooh they're coming back... So shhhh..." Chinow remarked from where she had voluntarily chosen to play watch guard. For obvious reasons- Another glimpse of Vegeta, also hoping and praying he would be wearing the black leather pants she bought him.

Vegeta, Krillen, Yamcha and Goten wandered back in to the room. Goten was on his cellphone talking away.

"Awwww I miss my phone..." J'dee pouted. "I miss text messages, and I miss my Morcheeba welcome message-"

"Oh yeah I changed it." Nick remarked.

"What?"

"Yeah." he grinned. "Waaaaasssssssaaaaaabi."

"Shouldn't it be wassup?"

"No I like wasabi."

J'dee frowned. "He's going to eat a whole lot of it tonight I can tell."

"You have a cellphone Bra?" Goten blinked.

Vegeta looked at her and she smiled sheepishly. "Er no?"

"Awww skittles you're not wearing your spandex." Vegeta looked at her and she handed him a banana. "Here you go skittles." She smiled. "See Quorky I told you he liked bananas." She told the stuffed toy still pinned to her jeans.

Vegeta looked at the banana then at BananaGirl.

"Don't worry we're getting used to her to." Bura remarked.

"Clubbing tonight! I sooooo can't wait! I can do some salsa... merengine... cha-cha... oh and everybody MAMBO!!" J'dee announced.

Nick thwacked her round the back of the head. "Stop it with James Woods already."

"Paris?" Goten tapped his phone. "Damnit got cut off." he redialled her number back in. Then frowned as he got an unexpected answer.

"What's wrong bro?" Gohan asked.

Goten ended the call. "It says her number is not within the reachable phone radius."

"She could be going through a tunnel." J'dee offered. "Tunnels do that you know, they interfere with alot of electrical stuff."

"She's meeting us at the club tonight though right?" Yamcha asked.

"Yeah sure." Goten replied.

"Then we'll probably see her there Goten. I'm sure she's okay." Yamcha said.

"So what's the name of this club?" Kari asked.

She received a weird look from Yamcha. "Uh Bulma you know the club, you let Trunks and Goten go there all the time."

"Yeah MOM." Nick snickered. "So you tell us."

"How should I know YOU'RE the one who goes!!" Kari snapped back.

"Ya know boy this reminds me of the time you got clipped round the ear by oba Mina for back talking." J'dee chuckled.

"Who?" Vegeta looked at her.

"Oooh um... a friend of Jeri-er- Videl's, me and boy call her oba, you know..."

"Stop calling me boy or I'll deck you one." Nick waved a fist about.

"Do I know this club?" S'rac asked interrupting in typical clueless Goku manner.

"Uh no. You've been with the dragons dad, remember?" Goten remarked.

"Oh yeah, so tell me the name cause I wanna come!" S'rac grinned.

"It's called Memphis." Gohan stated to the group of them.

"You know I'm getting an image of fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches..." BananaGirl commented and watched as everyone curled up their nose.

There was a strong sudden silence and BananaGirl nodded. "Quorky that's a good idea. No a GREAT idea. I'm so glad your my muse, you're so smart."

"What's a good idea?" S'rac asked.

"Weren't you listening?" BananaGirl asked irritably. "I just hate it when people don't listen to my muse. He's so smart he deserves to be listened to."

"Um we can't understand Quorky sometimes cause he's so smart even for us." Bura offered lamely in an attempt at BananaGirl to relay what her stuffed toy version of Quorky had supposedly 'said'.

"How can you not understand what Quorky said. He said it in layman's terms so even I understand. How can all of you not understand?! Skittles you understood didn't you?" She latched on to Vegeta's arm and gave him big anime pleading eyes.

"Hmph why should I listen?" He grumbled.

"Awww skittles that so you I'll forgive you this time round but you have to wear the leather pants tonight." She shook a finger at him as if to emphasise her point.

Vegeta's brow rose looking at the leather pants wearily.

"I'd just do it for safety reasons." Nick nodded. "Cause they're going to get real scary if you don't. I should know I spent an afternoon being dragged round a mall."

"That reminds me. I never got to go to an anime store." S'rac pouted.

"Quorky thinks we should all dress up as dead rock stars."

"Bags not Janis Joplin!"

Everyone blinked and looked at Chinow.

"What?" She asked.

"Why dead rock stars?" Nick asked.

"Think about it Memphis... silly." BananaGirl remarked.

"I think I should go ghetto." Nick grinned. "Tennessee... style."

"You've never been to Tennessee how do you know it's even got a ghetto?" J'dee asked with a sigh.

"Yo Arrested Development..." Trunks stated.

"So long as you don't go round going 'Wassup meh homie?' I'll be okay with that." J'dee replied and let out another sigh. 'And he's suppose to be the smart one.'

"Lets just get ready." BananaGirl bounced about excitedly.

"Um what are we going to do about the John- er... Cell sailor scout jnrs?" Mabelle asked looking at the group of cell jnrs.

"We'll take those two Cell John jnrs and tie the others up and leave them behind here." Jeril remarked just eager to get out in to a club with Vegeta in leather pants.

"You're going to need a bit more than rope." Krillen stated.

"Kar- er Bulma ki dampeners! You should have some in your lab." Bura remarked.

"I'll get them." Gohan offered and left to get them.

Kari let out a breath at not having to go in the lab again.

"I say we go get ready!" Bananagirl bounced some more, obviously in a hyper.

"No dead rock star theme though..." J'dee pointed round at them. "Though I swear those leather pants even Jim Morrison wouldn't wear them they look that tight."

"Memphis Bell then?" Nick asked.

Jeril hit Nick across the back of the head. "No."

"But going as the King or a giant plane woulda been cool."

"A night club not a costume party. Trunks you should know that." Goten frowned at him looking completely confused.

"Of course. I just- uh wanna be different." He looked at J'dee and she shook her head.

"It's amazing you were even born. I'm so glad you were the accident."

"Bra that's not nice." Goten frowned.

"Oh c'mon Goten don't tell me you don't pick on boy when ever you get the chance?"

Goten blinked. "Uh no... not really."

Gohan came back in and placed a ki dampner on the five other Cell sailor scout jnrs.

"Right that's that done. Lets get ready then."

"To Memphis!!" S'rac pumped a fist in the air that got him weird looks. "What? would you rather I said... KUNO!!"

He was replied with silence and a room full of sweatdrops.

The silence was broken by Nick going. "Who?"

***

"This doesn't look like Memphis." Nick stated staring at the building.

"Aren't you glad now you didn't come dressed as a plane?" Jeril laughed.

"Trunks of course it looks like Memphis we always come here." Goten frowned.

The group of them stared at the building, it looked old and more Egyptian than what they expected.

"I suppose you were expecting a sign that read 'Graceland' too?" Yamcha joked.

"Well actually yeah." Bura replied.

"Well I have no idea on why it's called Memphis." Kari remarked.

"I don't think anyone does." Yamcha remarked.

"Memphis was a place mentioned in Egyptian mythology associated with Sekhmet the Capital of Memphis was the old Kingdom which was Sekhmet's place of worship." J'dee stated as if it was obvious, she got a few odd stares and silence to her odd knowledge.

"Quorky agrees." BananaGirl spoke up.

"Oooooh look at the bouncers." Bura purred.

"If I wasn't such a Veggie fan I'd drool." Jeril nodded.

"Ooooh yeah!" Kari agreed.

Chinow looked at the bouncers then at Vegeta. "Hmmmm."

"You are NOT getting me to wear that!" Vegeta snapped agitated.

Nick snickered. "Awwww c'mon dad..."

J'dee looked at the bouncer's and she smiled. "I'm lovin' this place..."

"How odd new bouncers." Goten noted.

J'dee fanned a hand in front of herself. "I dun know what it is about guys with abs dressed like Imhotep... but wow that really does something for me."

"Bra!" Vegeta grabbed her by the arm. "That's it we're going back home right now."

"I wish Vegeta would grab me like that." Jeril sniffed.

"No you don't." J'dee protested. "OW!!"

"Vegeta relax, you know Bra's been acting a bit odd lately." Gohan defended.

"She's always odd, especially with a name like that." Nick snickered.

"I'm ignoring you." J'dee frowned. "Anywho lets just go in. I wanna see the inside I aways wanted to go in to a club with an Egyptian theme."

"I'm getting an odd feeling from this place." Mabelle spoke up.

"Hey we're in a group so long as we don't get separated. We should be okay." Krillen remarked.

"Good point." S'rac agreed. "We'll be fine, after all I'm Goku!!"

The group of them walked inside of the club with no question from the bouncers. "Dude we're in a club and we're not even legally old enough yet!" BananaGirl grinned.

"Trunksie!!" A female cried out and jumped on to Mirai.

"Ah!" he fell over with the impact of the glomping and she rubbed her head up against his chest. "Trunks, Trunks, Trunks..."

Goten snickered. "I think you have the wrong Trunks." he pointed at Nick.

Nick blinked and looked at the girl in the DBZ t-shirt and baggy jeans.

The girl looked confused from Mirai to Nick and back again. "Ooooh there are two Trunkses!!"

"Ummmm hi. Hello what do you think you are doing?!" Another girl stood over her. "Trunks is mine!"

"I got here first back off he's mine!!"

The girl in the DBZ t-shirt jumped up to challenge the other girl in the polo U.S.A t-shirt.

"Ummm do I know you two?" Mirai asked getting up off the ground and brushing himself down.

"Oooooh silly Trunksie it's me Saiyan Angel Princess." The girl in the polo U.S.A shirt remarked flicking her brown hair out of her eyes latching on to his arm.

"I'm Epona." The girl in the DBZ t-shirt said and glared at Saiyan Angel Princess.

Nick nodded and he looked round. "Oooh Marron's here!!"

"She's what?!" Krillen spun round in time to see Nick rush off in to the crowd.

"WHAT PART OF NOT SPLITTING UP DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!?" J'dee shouted after Nick and Krillen who chased him to prevent any contact with his daughter.

"Trunksie, Trunksie, Trunksie..." Saiyan Angel rubbed her head up against his arm.

Mirai Trunks blushed a crimson across the check.

"Well I'm guessing you two aren't local?" Yamcha remarked looking at their t-shirts.

"I go where Trunks is!!" Epona remarked. "He's my fav!!"

Mabelle nodded slowly. "Ummm should we see if we can find Nick and Krillen?"

"Nick who's Nick?" Saiyan Angel Princess asked still rubbing up against Trunks arm.

***

To Be Continued...

R & R

FORM

Name:

Age:

Hair:

Eyes:

Clothes:

(as in clothes from our world not theirs)

Fav character:

Regular / Guest:

Anything else:

(things that you might be allergic to, fav food, or a saying you might repeat)

~J'dee