Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ True love ❯ Time is up. ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

"Todays the day, the day my life will be even more hellish. A whole freaking year with someone I probably hate, untill I can divorce whoever he is." Suki said to herself as she prepared herself for the day. She went through the normal routine, but decided to skip breakfast, afraid she might get sick over the announcement. Suki was walking down the hall, minding her own business, when a messenger came up to her.

"Ms. Suki, a message for you."

"Go ahead" she sighed.

"King Vegeta has informed me, that he will not be making the announcement of your trial." he said in one breath.

"What! Then who will be!?" She grabbed him by the collar.

"I.. I don't know!!" She threw him down in anger.

"Where is he now!?" She yelled.

"He was in a hallway when he told me!!!" The messenger yelled out quickly, with his eyes closed, when he opened them, Suki was gone.

º*º

Suki was furious as to find Vegeta. She went everywhere she could think of. Until she thought of a place he would be most likely at for some personal training. She went back to the training areas, and punched in the code for a door that said "Do not enter". She went in. A place that was totally computerized, it almost seemed life like. The setting that was set was a forest.

"Vegeta!!! If your in here, talk to me now!!!" She yelled, and didn't hear nothing.

"What do you want!!" A yell that came from almost no where.

"Who the hell did you give permission to decided!!" She yelled, and then turned around to find Vegeta standing behind her.

"That's for you to find out. Why are you so anxious to know?"

"To make sure I don't end up with someone I hate!"

"It probably won't matter anyway. Now leave, I need to get back to my training!" He pointed to the door.

"Fine.." She said and left. She exited the training grounds, and flew back her balcony. She found a note on her bed. "Probably some deperate guy, who wants me to beg for whoever to pick him." She picked up the note and began to read it. "I know who will be chosen for you. Wait till later, and I will tell you what you need to do." Suki carelessly tossed it aside, thinking it was some stupid joke. She turned around, to go out on her balcony. By now the note had completely gone, to nowhere.

She went to look over her balcony. The sun had been enclosed by clouds. She sighed, and went back inside, not noticing the missing letter, she left her room. It was almost 3:00, when the decision would be made. Making her way down the halls, she saw Trunks at the end. She tried to keep on walking, but he stopped her.

"What is it?" She asked in a forced tone.

"Everyone that lives inside the castle walls knows but you and who you will marry, even me. So I'm giving you a warning." She nodded, and went on to the council room. She stepped into an elevator, to take her to the 18 floor. She walked down the hall, to two big doors, she opened them both. Everyone was awaiting for her arrival. She walked up to the platform, and sat on the right side, with Bra by her side, and a place for Bulma to sit. On the other side was Vegeta, Trunks, and Dawnera. And in the middle was a podium.

"Only 6 minutes left.." Suki looked at the clock on her left.

"Are you ready?" Suki felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up. Bulma was standing there with a sympathetic look on her face.

"As I'll ever be, but I know the news will shock me in someway, actually I think I have an idea of who it is." She said in a low, bored tone. Oh, please don't let it be him, I don't want to break his heart again... she thought, as Bulma walked away. The time now, was only 3 minutes away. Suki looked among the crowd, to see various relatives, friends, and guys in suits. Though, she kept eye contact with one person. His face was emotionless, though somewhat, sad. This is how she knew it was him.

By now, there was barely a minute left. Everyone in the room silenced. Bulma had stepped up to the podium.

"In the case of Suki Egatai, trial of marriage. In the two week's she has had, she has not decided who she will marry." Bulma paused to look over the crowd. "It is by law, that the king shall choose whom this person be wed to. Unfortunately, the king has passed this right to me." Bulma paused one last time to look down. "So I have chosen... Son Goten." Random words and whispers could be heard among the room. Some looked at Goten, some at Suki.

Suki's eyes went wide, all her predictions were true. She had hoped for the best and got the worst. The last thing she wanted to do is break Goten's heart. They were best friends, nothing more, at least not suppose to be. Goten.. he knew it... all along... She looked up, he had the same expression on his face, except this time it was more sad. Suki got up, and went into another room. It was a plain office, that was connected to other rooms the lead to several exits. She had her back to the door, and slid down to sit on the floor.

"No!! I don't want it to be him!!! She could've picked anyone else but him!!!" She pounded her fist on the ground, and cried.

"Why is that?" Trunks came out of the shadows.

"What are you doing here!? Just go away!!!" he just stood there.

"Tell me why? I've known you to have had a crush on him before, and you were an adult. It was more than a crush wasn't it?" he said in a cold tone.

"That was then, this is now!! I knew it could've never worked between us! He liked that bitch Paresu!! And as soon as she was out of the picture... it was.. gone.. just gone. I had no feelings for him anymore, so we just remained friends. And-and now, he's starting to love me!! And I don't want to break his heart..." Her yells faded off to a soft whisper. More sobs came out, until she got up. "I'm leaving, and don't follow me!" She yelled, and went to one of the room's next door. It had lead to an exit, into the main hallway. She ran as fast as she could to the west wing, where her bedroom was located. She ran around a corner, and froze. Goten was standing there barely 12 ft. away from her. He just stood there, staring at her.

"So.. you did love me." He said in almost a whisper.

"I did.. but that was a long time ago! I'm sorry Goten, but I don't know if I have any feelings for you now, or not. I think to myself, I don't love you, but I will always care for you, and be a good friend." she said with a sympathetic smile. Goten managed to get a small smile on his face, but it didn't last. He was too heart broken, even if Suki had let him go nicely, it still hurt too much for him to bare.

"Thanks.." He then walked pass Suki, and around the corner. Suki felt his pain, and walked on. She finally reached her destination. She went into her room, and lay on her bed. Staring at the ceiling, she drifted off into a slumber.

Dream sequence*

Suki opened her eyes, to find her at her favorite spot at the lake. She wasn't wearing her normal outfit. She had on white slits, the same top body armor, except it went all the way to the end of her waist. Her lower armor consisted of white shorts, and hip body armor(something like Vegeta's first, y'know those two pieces of armor on the sides). She also had white boots on. Her tiara remained in the same place. And her long flowing hair was up in a ponytail, with the two strands from above her ears, and her bangs.

She looked over to her side, Goten was there, looking up at the sky. He wore the same armor, except his outfit color was blue, and he had no sleeves at all, but a band on his right shoulder, with the same gloves and boots. He looked over to her as that image faded.

She was now floating in the middle of nowhere. Mixtures of colors surrounded her. He was right behind her.

"I told you, I will tell you what to do. Give him a chance and see what happens, and maybe, you could be just as happy as in that picture you saw.." His voice faded, so did the colors. Suki got one good look at him as she turned her head. It was her dead boyfriend, Kakou.

______

This chapter took FOREVER!!! Gawsh! I was so caught up in writer's block, and that hellish place called school. Anyways, if anyone is reading this story, please review. I am trying to work hard on this story, dangit, I just don't have the talent to write, but I do it because I like it ^^. I dun't care if it's a flame(but if it is, I'll sick saiyaman on u!!)!! PLZ REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!